Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 03:08:30 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
alarsincoin

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

Join FlipNpik Telegram : t.me/flipnpikico

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:31:04 PM

yes its absolutly rigth, market can be manupulated because very big difference in depo  between big and small holders of crypto.

There are several different types of Bitcoin clients. The most secure are full nodes like Bitcoin Core, which will follow the rules of the network no matter what miners do. Even if every miner decided to create 1000 bitcoins per block, full nodes would stick to the rules and reject those blocks.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
kindbtc

Activity: 1008
Merit: 12

SAPG Pre-Sale Live on Uniswap!

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:32:56 PM

Unfortunately it is true that market is manipulated and mostly by big investors for their personal gains, as you can see the current market is no different it is also highly manipulated by whales so that their buy orders get filled for cheap.

Swaap | Nova Bank
----------------------------------------------
[ GET | ACCEPT | EXCHANGE | WALLETS ]
Avenger907

Activity: 406
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:34:17 PM

I think, yes, there are many factors that prove that some market players can influence prices. Therefore, this option should not be ruled out.
Ini35

Activity: 448

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:34:38 PM

This is very much possible. I have seen instances where some exchanges use both for trading. There was a time i was trading and i noticed some orders on both buy order and sell order that remained the same for a very long time. It got to a time that i started wondering that how possible could that have been, without any buying them . Later on, i noticed it was done by bots that have been programmed on those exchanges.
Kate Beckett

Activity: 280
Merit: 28

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:42:16 PM

Like any other market where securities are traded, it is subject to manipulation by large players. With the advent of large sums of money and a multiple growth of the market, the sharks of the invest trade turned their eyes on him, who will gladly take your money away with the help of years of sophisticated manipulation. Most often you can "watch a game" on the rumors about some events that significantly affect the future of an asset.
@baoli

Activity: 1162
Merit: 1

Base.protocol

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:46:29 PM

Sure market can be manipulated knowingly. That's how we got whales trying pump a coin. A lot happens on crypto world we just have to be careful

Base Protocol (https://baseprotocol.org): One Token to Hold Them ALL | [url=https://baseprotocol.
Fedrey

Activity: 644

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:48:25 PM

Sure market can be manipulated knowingly. That's how we got whales trying pump a coin. A lot happens on crypto world we just have to be careful
Despite the fact that many times talked about the decentralization of the crypto currency, there are still external influences on the market. This is artificially managed in order to receive a certain benefit.
wizmo

Activity: 658
Merit: 251

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:50:35 PM

Yes they can manipulate the market if they hold large amount of coins. I've seen many pump and dump groups where they manipulate the price of particular coin to make large profit. I think no one can do anything about it. I don't know about Bitfinex price manipulation but it is possible if they want to.
papagravel

Activity: 490
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:54:13 PM

At present, the market is manipulated by the owners of large exchanges. They sell the people who are interested in bitcoins and Ethereum directly, and then buy back on the exchanges, but in order to have income they specifically push prices.

[ Z ] ZooomEx0%  trading  FEE                            CRYPTO EXCHANGE 
facebook  |  TELEGRAM  |  ◥ twitter  [  A N N  ◾  B O U N T Y  ◾  WP   ]
████████████████████ (❪ TRADE NOW ❫) ████████████████████
chris paul

Activity: 64
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:55:45 PM

Market manipulation , I never thought this would happen . but , now I think yes this can be happen if some one is having huge amount of coins . Yes they can manipulate the market . I would like to research more about this . well , this strikes my mind .
btctestcolets

Activity: 233
Merit: 2

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 08:56:47 PM

I think, yes, there are many factors that prove that some market players can influence prices. Therefore, this option should not be ruled out.

Involvement in this kind business you considered already the risk factor. Which the market can be manipulate by big whales through there big shares of investment in the market. Therefore, even if we are small investors or holder coins we can contribute the market by managing our coins through holding which the world price where not be affected if someone was planning to drop down the value in the market for there big interest.
MoonAction

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:04:14 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?

Yes. But I think this manipulation was not 100% intentional. It certainly took place, in my opinion. Because these amounts of money cannot enter the market without influencing it. They certainly took part in that crazy December bull run.))
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:05:26 PM

Yes it can, The crypto market is supposed to be free of manipulation but its unfortunate that there are whales who actually have the power to manipulate the market, They often pull the strings and ensure that the prices have fallen to the all time low, upon which they take advantage and buy as many quality coins as possible, then Hold to drive the market back up and sell to make profits, many people would like to debny this and defend the freedom of crypto but  the truth is that the market is not as free as we would like to believe

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
oho

Merit: 100

Investing in the future development of blockchain

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:12:35 PM

Of course, this is possible! All markets are subject to manipulation! And stock, currency, securities, gold ... And the market of crypto-currency is still very small, and is the object of manipulation by different forces!

[
ForTheAzerot

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

In any market, manipulation is possible, it is quite possible in the crypto currency market, the market is young, and it is easy to influence if there is a large capital.

batang_bitcoin

Activity: 2968
Merit: 600

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:19:22 PM

Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
It can be them or it can't be them and yes, there can be someone (group / individual) that has huge money to come in to the market that can able to manipulate the market.

Wait until it's proven and right now the The U.S. is investigating bitcoin price manipulation.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
vasilisc555

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:19:53 PM

Of course you can and by the way now it happens if you have not noticed. And so it will always be. Or at least in the coming years! We are just observers. It remains only to wait
GrannyC

Activity: 224

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:21:24 PM

Thin or small caps can be very easily manipulated, but the bitcoin market is more difficult. Still, there are frequent accusations aiming a UST
GoldenLad

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:21:40 PM
Last edit: June 24, 2018, 03:03:04 AM by GoldenLad

Of course OP, the market can be manipulated and it has been done so many times. Besides, don't be surprised if this recent market price of bitcoin is been manipulated also by the whales cause this is how they makes their gains from this whole thing. They know when to pump or dump a certain cryptocurrency. But nevertheless, we can also say that this recent market price can be a natural occurrence.
ujinice

Activity: 574
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 23, 2018, 09:23:53 PM

I'm sure that the prices on crypto tokens are constantly manipulated, from news manipulation to manipulation of the purchase and sale of tokens.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: