Bitcoin Forum
June 19, 2024, 03:39:50 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Market can be manipulated?  (Read 5399 times)
ginobitcoiner

Activity: 700
Merit: 101

BBOD Trading Platform

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:24:29 AM

of course, I have experienced the occurrence of such manipulations, I once traded on an exchanger and the price of the token I had was manipulated by the existence of fake trading volumes, fake trading history and others.

Hustinog

Activity: 191
Merit: 32

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:40:10 AM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think the market cant be manipulated because the cryptocurrency is a decentralized meaning there are many people behind of it that are controlling, so if you are trying to say that the market can be manipulated by a single person only its a no.

Fadhil Pahlawadi

Activity: 224
Merit: 3

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:52:56 AM

who manipulates something will become a victim which at the moment is of no use to be done by someone who plays a daily role in the bitcoin forum

🏦 PointPay 🏦
⚡️ Welcome to the future of the BLOCKCHAIN-BASED BANKING ⚡️
➡️ https://pointpay.io ⬅️
rachman mahesa

Activity: 966
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:53:37 AM

of course, I have experienced the occurrence of such manipulations, I once traded on an exchanger and the price of the token I had was manipulated by the existence of fake trading volumes, fake trading history and others.

It is true that the market can be manipulated for a moment. I've also seen events like you said. In my opinion, it is certainly very detrimental to certain token owners. So in the future we may have to avoid market manipulation as happened before.
AAlex48

Activity: 336
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:00:10 AM

I am sure that the market is still too young and is certainly subject to price manipulation. But over time, when the number of users of cryptocurrencies and capitalization will grow, it will become almost impossible and the price of cryptocurrencies will cease to depend so much on the news.
Impossible? Seriously? This will be so if the market becomes regulated. At the moment, most of the assets are collected on a small number of wallets that throw coins from the address to the address, taking with them the liquidity of the masses.
EvgenOrel

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:04:40 AM

If you've seen the fake trade history, then you and your money most likely being manipulated by the exchange. Try to change it. But the overall market is manipulated, but who and as it does I can not understand. Perhaps this involved large holders, but I'm not sure.
contactmike1

Activity: 672
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 11:56:00 AM

market is manipulated all the time. I think that positive or negative background is created by manipulators.
They pump or dump tokens and after phase of accumulation they pay mass media for shilling.
NickoOrteras

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 01:55:29 PM

Market can manipulate because market has its movements,just like investors or profit of the market so the market is based on how cryptocurrencies work
Prarnethir1952

Activity: 12
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:37:21 PM

Long-term investments are very risky. I have one and I just watch. For today, short-term profits (6 months, year) brought more profit. It all depends on the circumstances.
Therthed19331

Activity: 11

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:46:43 PM

For me i kinda prefer for short term investment. Although long term investment has potential to multiple you money or coins. But when the short term investment you can easyly investment and sell and do again and again for just a short time. So dont have to wait for a long term.
elitemobb

Activity: 579
Merit: 102

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:46:53 PM

Of course you can, but provided that you are a large investor and you have a large part of the market in your hands then you can set the price for the token, in my opinion this is unfair, this should not be
Evangelina Small

Activity: 12

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:52:09 PM

the example is if we buy bitcoin in january then the price is high and we keep it until now because the price is not rising we are desperate and decided to sell it, obviously we lose but if we are patient we may be able to generate profit because bitcoin still have big chance to exceeds its highest price
Twkasun52

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 06:59:16 PM

i am strongly believe that.That whale manipulation caused to price directly .I think they are the ones holding back our most anticipated bull run.What can we do besides watching all drama .

●●⚫  CRYPTONITY  ▐|  The Crypto Community Exchange ▐|
Public Sale 1 Starts: Nov 1, 2018 ▐|● https://tokensale.cryptonity.io
Mia44

Activity: 412

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:16:34 PM

I think yes. because in my opinion they have a community to manipulate market prices. and they are easy to manipulate market prices because they have a lot of money and a secret communities

Winner
Legendary

Activity: 1190
Merit: 1000

Look ARROUND!

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 07:50:35 PM

Latest article by www.wired.co.uk stated that a newspaper by researchers  at the University of Texas at Austin's department of finance indicates that someone at Bitfinex cryptocurrency exchange may have artificially inflated the price of coins including bitcoin, ether, and Zcash. The responsible for this appears to have been Tether, a cryptocurrency with the same CEO as Bitfinex.
What are your thoughts about this? Do you think they really manipulated the price? Is it possible?
I think the market cant be manipulated because the cryptocurrency is a decentralized meaning there are many people behind of it that are controlling, so if you are trying to say that the market can be manipulated by a single person only its a no.
The market is always manipulated. If there was more money inside of the market then people would see that more.

█████████████████
         ███ ██     █     ██ ███
       ██ █████     █     █████ ██
     ███   █   █  █████  █   █   ███
   ███     █    ███ █ ███    █     ███
  ██  ███ ██ ███    █    ███ ██ ███  ██
  ██     ████       █      █████     ██
 ███   ██ █  ███    █    ███  █ ██   ███
 █ █ ██   █     ██  █  ██     █   ██ █ █
█████     █       █████       █     █████
 █ █ ██   █   ████  █  ████   █   ██ █ █
 ███   ████ ██      █      ██ ████   ███
  ██  █  █████      █      █████  █  ██
  ██ ██   ██ ████   █  ████  ██   ██ ██
   ██      █     ██████      █     ███
     ████  █   ██████████    █  ████
       ██ █████     █    ██████ ██
         ███  ██    █   ███  ███
            █████████████████
ARROUND

Telegram
ANN Thread
Bounty Thread
Whitepaper
lorapalmer

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

https://bvo.trybravo.com/

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:47:35 PM

Of course there are always some manipulations with a cryptocurrency. People are doing everything for their own convenience and income. It is understandable but might be confusing to other users, traders as it is hard to understand if the information is trustworthy or it was just the part of the manipulation game.

DISPERADO

Activity: 686
Merit: 503

DATABLOCKCHAIN.IO SALE IS LIVE | MVP @ DBC.IO

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 09:56:46 PM

Of course there are always some manipulations with a cryptocurrency. People are doing everything for their own convenience and income. It is understandable but might be confusing to other users, traders as it is hard to understand if the information is trustworthy or it was just the part of the manipulation game.

You are fully right. Manipulations with information are most income. In internet you can do this very easely - you have a giantic auditoria. Most people usually use for info - blogs and tweets.

Thavess60

Activity: 14

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:05:21 PM

Because I tend to make huge profits from it, as the coin grows, as long as the coin invested is stable and has good potential, the profit will increase.
Timaif

Activity: 94
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:06:34 PM

The cryptocurrency is free currency. It is possible to buy or sell. From whom money more that will buy more and will be able to sell more.
bitcoinvestor

Activity: 812
Merit: 501

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 10:09:33 PM

I think for some volatile coins It can. However, btc market manipulated is difficult because the marketcap is high, the volatile is lower now instead of new coins. Most pump and dump group work on new coins they manipulate the price so the price sometimes jump to 100 % in one or two hours.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 [40] 41 42 »
  Print  

Jump to: