Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 09:49:49 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Where do you store your tokens?  (Read 5424 times)
DogmaF10

Activity: 140
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:36:50 PM

It is always be the best for us to store our tokens on a secure wallet rather than on an exchanger. When you keep your private key in a very secure way, and do not click on any phising site, i can guarantee your tokens will be save and you can sleep well in the night
Valzador

Activity: 1316
Merit: 503

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:38:25 PM

depending on the token status, if the tokens are hodl tokens, I will save them in imToken but if they are tokens I will sell as soon as the price goes up, I keep it on the exchange.
Malamok101

Activity: 868
Merit: 100

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:39:22 PM

i dno't recommend storing in exchanges, For me I prefer Myetherwallet because it's easy to make and you get to store it offline       

krassy

Activity: 476
Merit: 19

View Profile WWW
June 15, 2018, 03:40:45 PM

To store your coins, it's better to use a MyEtherWallet or a Ledger, but just do not use the wallet from the exchange, it's very dangerous and stupid.
Nahl
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1000

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:41:18 PM

if i don't want to sell my tokens immediately or i want to hold the particular tokens then i was stores my tokens at Myetherwallet but if i want to trade it then i would transfer my tokens to an exchange however i do realize store tokens on MyEtherwallet is risky because i heard some people had some issue with this wallet but i think but as long as we can keep it secure then MyEtherwallet is the best way to stores tokens
harapan

Activity: 1750
Merit: 306

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:44:13 PM

I usually store the tokens I have in myetherwallet but in my share some address of different wallets because it anticipates that my tokens are safer from hacker attacks

freebitcoin       ▄▄▄█▀▀██▄▄▄
   ▄▄██████▄▄█  █▀▀█▄▄
  ███  █▀▀███████▄▄██▀
   ▀▀▀██▄▄█  ████▀▀  ▄██
▄███▄▄  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄▄██████
██▀▀█████▄     ▄██▀█ ▀▀██
██▄▄███▀▀██   ███▀ ▄▄  ▀█
███████▄▄███ ███▄▄ ▀▀▄  █
██▀▀████████ █████  █▀▄██
 █▄▄████████ █████   ███
  ▀████  ███ ████▄▄███▀
     ▀▀████   ████▀▀
BITCOIN
DICE
EVENT
BETTING
WIN A LAMBO !

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████▄▄▄▄▄
▄▄▄▄▄██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄
▀██████████████████████████████████████████████▄▄▄
▄▄████▄█████▄████████████████████████████▄█████▄████▄▄
▀████████▀▀▀████████████████████████████████▀▀▀██████████▄
  ▀▀▀████▄▄▄███████████████████████████████▄▄▄██████████
       ▀█████▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▀█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄█████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
▀█████
PLAY NOW
█████▄
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█████▀
Nikifor25

Activity: 65

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:46:22 PM

I usually store the tokens I have in myetherwallet but in my share some address of different wallets because it anticipates that my tokens are safer from hacker attacks
I do exactly the same. Almost for every bounty or investment I create a new wallet. In order to avoid loss of their funds. But still I have a wallet where the savings are stored, so to speak the point of descent.
bit-freedom

Activity: 658
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:46:59 PM

I use myetherwallet for ERC20 tokens with my hardware wallet. If you are worry about the security, get a hardware wallet to better secure your coins.

Don’t keep your coins and tokens in exchanges for the long term. It should be used for trading only.
ryurifai

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:50:54 PM

now I would prefer MyEtherWallet Chrome Extension / MyEtherWallet CX rather than metamask

MetaMask can not send token in its tools, we must first visit MyEtherWallet site to send the token and must first access our address using private key, or metamask,

MyEtherWallet CX brings the best features of MyEtherWallet.com in a convenient Chrome Extension format. Save your wallets in your browser for easier access. Still proudly a 100% free, open source, javascript, client-side tool.

FEATURES

- Generate Wallets completely client side.
- Unlock variety of key types: raw private key, encrypted private key, keystore file, mnemonics, Ledger Nano S hardware wallet.
- Easily send Ether and *any* ERC-20 Standard Token. Many tokens included as default: DGD, GNT, ICN, MKR, PLU, REP, SNGLS, and more.
- Send "Only ETH" or "Only ETC" to ensure you are not victim of replay attacks.
- Generate and send offline transactions, ensuring your private keys never touch an internet-connected device.
- etc

sunshinelavapie

Activity: 252

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:52:24 PM

I keep my eth in the myetherwallet wallet and metamask. I think it very safe. I have been using it for a long time without serious problems.
ccsang

Activity: 910
Merit: 103

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:53:59 PM

While you’re planning the biggest investment adventure of your life, a group of hackers is lurking in a dark corner of the internet, waiting for you to make your first mistake, so Hardware wallet is one of the safest options because it is kept offline most of the time, don't use online wallet or exchange wallet to store your assets
cliffdex

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:59:20 PM

Please let all tokens be stored on myether wallet and your private keys remain private to you, just for you and you alone. keeping your tokens on exchanges are the biggest risk anyone can make at this moment when exchangers are easily hacked. no other person is suppose to know or have the private key to your ether wallet.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 03:59:55 PM

While you’re planning the biggest investment adventure of your life, a group of hackers is lurking in a dark corner of the internet, waiting for you to make your first mistake, so Hardware wallet is one of the safest options because it is kept offline most of the time, don't use online wallet or exchange wallet to store your assets

Exactly the safest place to store your crypto assets is on a hardware wallet. But if you don't have a hardware wallet like me. I'm storing my tokens on metamask, it's also safe on metamask. Smiley
homyakoffal

Activity: 56

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:02:51 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
The safest place for tokens is MEW and not one, but several. Always, absolutely always, if you want to keep something, divide it into parts. The likelihood that you steal all the parts are very small.
so98nn

Activity: 2086
Merit: 603

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:04:56 PM

Hey guys, where do you store your tokens? On your ethereum wallet or on an exchange, or maybe you store your tokens somewhere else? Give me some recommendations, where my tokens will be in complete safety?
Its safe to store your coins on hard wallet than storing them on exchange as there is risk of hacking.So store on offline wallets and protect your private keys safely with you.Usually i store my coins on Electrum or Myetherwallet as they are one of the best option to store your coins.
Nureni

Activity: 118

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:05:46 PM

For me, I kept my  coins on MyEtherWallet, and then purchase a hardware wallet, such as a Ledger. But what I will tell you guys is that don't release your private key to anyone because people hacked in so many ways.
Jorosss

Activity: 404
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:10:28 PM

All of my tokens were saved in myetherwallet so until today it is still used.  Aside from that you can saved your coins into hardware wallet if you had doubt in bitcoin. Hackers are everywhere so we have to save our btc.
webtricks
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1728

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:13:18 PM

It is best to store ETH tokens on Ethereum address than any web wallet or exchange. When we talk about best ETH client, my choice is MetaMask. MetaMask is easy to use Chrome extension which provide security similar to Master Seed as provided by Bitcoin wallets. None other ETH client provides 12-words phrase security like MetaMask. On the top, it is easy to send/receive tokens using Metamask. Also you can export Private Keys and use address on MyEtherWallet or any other client you like.
iram1011

Activity: 896
Merit: 521

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:14:13 PM

Cryptocurrencies give you freedom to own your assets without government or banks' interference. You are responsible for the security of your own assets. Since, cryptocurrencies are virtual, they are at the risk of getting hacked or keys getting misplaced/stolen. I always suggest people to go for Hardware or Paper wallet. They are the best way to secure your funds from unauthorized attacks and hacks.

Go for
  • TREZOR
  • Ledger Nano
  • Pi Wallet
  • KeepKey

I personally own a Ledger Nano for the cold storage. I never prefer to store my coins on software wallets. I would rather keep them on a renowned exchange as they are less likely to get hacked than a private PC/laptop where you can easily download a malicious software/viruses.

STAY SAFE!
arpon11

Activity: 882
Merit: 282

View Profile
June 15, 2018, 04:16:21 PM

There are many platforms that you can store your tokens and I do store wave related tokens on Android  wave wallet , neo The samething and since majority of my tokens are ethereum contract tokens I do store them on myetherwallet which I think is the most safest place to store tokens.
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 »
  Print  

Jump to: