Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 07:51:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352315 times)
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 11:35:12 AM

Drop it on Twitter !

I already did it.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you want to be a moderator, report many posts with accuracy. You will be noticed.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
huige007

Activity: 887
Merit: 253

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 12:11:04 PM

谁堵墙11.。Who wall 11。 Angry
100+ LTC new buy support. KARM has never been so cheap, if I had any LTC I'd be buying too...

I think 10litoshi buy now help a friend buy
Alphi

Activity: 798
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 01:47:48 PM

It was a tough decision and not everyone will agree. In fact, lots of people won't agree with the choice. They'll say bad karma is coming, and wonder what's happened to our core principles. All of that is to be expected because we are doing what we need to do.

its not the angry punters leaving that I am concerned about.. what concerns me is that by courting controversy you are asking some very powerful people to attack the Karmacoin network directly.

we aren't talking about verbal attacks here... in case you hadn't noticed there is a Cyber cold war going on at the moment. Coins that do not meet a certain standard of legitimacy first get ddossed to death and then if that doesn't work they get forked to death.

having been with KarmaCoin from almost the beginning I have noticed the distinct lack of attacks against the KarmaCoin network. this I put down to the fact that Karma does have some kind of legitimacy/neutrality and so for the most part it has been left alone... but once that legitimacy is lost in the eyes of some powerful people, then it becomes open season on KarmaCoin.

believe me.. if people who don't like it can destabilize the network then they will... and if they do destabilize the network then it will do far more damage than ANY negative publicity.

if you are prepared to take on the challenge of staying awake nights on end patching code to try and defend the network from attacks then by all means go right ahead open pandoras box.

if not then.... take heed of some wise words and try not to throw stones from the front porch of your glass house.

KARMA: KSc9oGgGga1TS4PqZNFxNS9LSDjdSgpC1B      VERT: VgKaooA5ZuLLUXTUANJigH9wCPuzBUBv9H
DOGE:   DRN7pXid34o6wQgUuK8BoSjWJ5g8jiEs4e
mouseman

Activity: 257
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:36:16 PM

OK, I can now better understand the bite behind this campaign and once again complement Kosmost for giving a concise synopsis of the reasoning and objective behind it. 
The one aspect of the campaign I would ask about is does this absolutely, positively have to be only a 3 or 4 day blitzkreig campaign? Why not signifcantly longer? 1 billion coins in a few short days collected? Just wondering the reasoning/necessity behind that.

This is it, folks.

The Fundraiser for Vladimir Putin's Anger Management Class

Let's make this happen!

We're looking for 1,000,000,000 Karma or more!

We will announce the result in the media on Tuesday, April 1 or Wednesday, April 2.

Now is our chance for the entire world to learn about Karmacoin and how awesome we are. We can do this!

Donate to: KLHL2wuLEYSmGeEMvWEVr1ck7ehoN9raQt

Karmafund.me
ssshhh

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 02:48:49 PM

It was a tough decision and not everyone will agree. In fact, lots of people won't agree with the choice. They'll say bad karma is coming, and wonder what's happened to our core principles. All of that is to be expected because we are doing what we need to do.

its not the angry punters leaving that I am concerned about.. what concerns me is that by courting controversy you are asking some very powerful people to attack the Karmacoin network directly.

we aren't talking about verbal attacks here... in case you hadn't noticed there is a Cyber cold war going on at the moment. Coins that do not meet a certain standard of legitimacy first get ddossed to death and then if that doesn't work they get forked to death.

having been with KarmaCoin from almost the beginning I have noticed the distinct lack of attacks against the KarmaCoin network. this I put down to the fact that Karma does have some kind of legitimacy/neutrality and so for the most part it has been left alone... but once that legitimacy is lost in the eyes of some powerful people, then it becomes open season on KarmaCoin.

believe me.. if people who don't like it can destabilize the network then they will... and if they do destabilize the network then it will do far more damage than ANY negative publicity.

if you are prepared to take on the challenge of staying awake nights on end patching code to try and defend the network from attacks then by all means go right ahead open pandoras box.

if not then.... take heed of some wise words and try not to throw stones from the front porch of your glass house.

+1

Build the tower from the ground up.  You cannot build the tower from the sky down  Wink
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 02:59:45 PM

Understood. And I would mostly tend to agree. But there are a lot of "ifs" right now, however. If you or anyone else can think of a better alternative (under the conditions) please feel free to post it here.

If you could also post your reasoning as to why you think it could help us to 1) move the market UP; and 2) help us to increase our public profile, it would certainly help.

It is interesting to say "let's do a campaign to help a homeless family" and, while that is another noble cause, it is not going to save Karmacoin, as unfortunate as it may be. We do not have time to kill, nor the numbers to raise even $100 or $200

This campaign simply buys us an audience of people who can have a chance to hear our story once the noise diminishes. It is a cost-effective way of getting to the point where we can do a drive like Dogecoin and say we raised $40,000 for something.

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 03:19:35 PM

+1

Build the tower from the ground up.  You cannot build the tower from the sky down  Wink

We are not building towers.

But it's interesting to note that we all had 2+ days to vote and add our own suggestions to the poll, and to the posts regarding the "rocket fuel" PR campaign... and 99% of us did nothing, suggested nothing, voted on nothing, offered nothing.

But now that the campaign is live, we want to change it.

Meanwhile, we are getting more Karma for this at a faster rate than anything else, there is lots of support on the market today, and it's the 1 subject that is making more people talk.

I don't know about you, but this smells like rocket fuel to me.

BitTanker

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:22:52 PM

I believe this may be the boom we need

Cheesy

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
ssshhh

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:32:25 PM

Understood. And I would mostly tend to agree. But there are a lot of "ifs" right now, however. If you or anyone else can think of a better alternative (under the conditions) please feel free to post it here.

If you could also post your reasoning as to why you think it could help us to 1) move the market UP; and 2) help us to increase our public profile, it would certainly help.

It is interesting to say "let's do a campaign to help a homeless family" and, while that is another noble cause, it is not going to save Karmacoin, as unfortunate as it may be. We do not have time to kill, nor the numbers to raise even $100 or $200

This campaign simply buys us an audience of people who can have a chance to hear our story once the noise diminishes. It is a cost-effective way of getting to the point where we can do a drive like Dogecoin and say we raised $40,000 for something.

Priorities

1) move the market UP

The only way to move the market up is to create a demand for buying KarmaCoin.  You will accomplish this by successfully completing priority (2)

2) help us to increase our public profile

To do this you will have to harness the emotions of individuals and small groups similar but not exclusive to the Girl Scouts.  How many people do you think they will tell?
Answer: Everyone they know!

Do this a few times and you will have organic growth.

$32 may not see like much but I can assure you that the Girl Scouts appreciated that gesture.  Thousands of people around the world work for a whole month and not even earn $32.

It would be extremely advantageous to find some way for the average person to buy KarmaCoin with fiat currency.  Also contacting genuine charities and helping them to set up a KarmaCoin wallet
so that anyone holding Karmacoin can send them directly.

I would clearly and openly admit that I do not have the perfect answer but would strongly suggest not to include world leaders or any high profile person (unless of course
they would be willing to raise the profile of Karmacoin voluntarily), in an effort to gain the attention of the media and general public.

This is my last comment on this matter.

mouseman

Activity: 257

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 03:50:34 PM

I can see the genius behind this. Yeah, it's a bold move, granted. I can also see why Kosmost is pulling out all the stops with this one and at the time that he is. There's an unhealthy amount of alts being challenged for continued hashes, attention and buyers/marketshare. Kosmost (I believe) wants to make a strong move and help separate KarmaCoin from the pack with some strong headlines. I have no doubt he has already invested some solid thought and pen to paper as far as how the campaign press release and donations results will read. Although I have not much KarmaCoin, I am going to back this and also mention that I am grateful for Kosmost's tenacity and diligence towards the Girls Scouts Donation Campaign as well as all of his communication invested in the Logo recreation (I like the original Smiley.

The way I look at it...we can go ahead and return to our "normal programming" of your average, garden variety charitable fund drive after this one is completed. I'm not going to over-think it any further.

PLEASE extend the fundraising timeline on this one so that we can gain further attention to it.

200 Thousand sent with more later.
Who's next? 
BitTanker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 04:41:59 PM

Network: yesterday 180-210 MHs, today 370-400 MHs

Cheesy

Karmacoin enthusiast! Doing good is good! - Social Network: http://karmashare.me - *beta Search Engine: http://www.lill.com by Karmacoin/Karmashares
blackcod

Activity: 29
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:49:24 PM

This is for the video bounty! hope everyone you likes it. took me a couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmYsBZ6RGs

Karma wallet - KQHbfctG9dhREoJ8WWf7N8PPL4pxdasNue

Please Donate
pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 05:55:38 PM

This is for the video bounty! hope everyone you likes it. took me a couple days.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eLmYsBZ6RGs

Karma wallet - KQHbfctG9dhREoJ8WWf7N8PPL4pxdasNue

Please Donate

This should go to the official website into promo section.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:08:05 PM

Priorities

1) move the market UP

The only way to move the market up is to create a demand for buying KarmaCoin.  You will accomplish this by successfully completing priority (2)

2) help us to increase our public profile

To do this you will have to harness the emotions of individuals and small groups similar but not exclusive to the Girl Scouts.  How many people do you think they will tell?
Answer: Everyone they know!

Do this a few times and you will have organic growth.

$32 may not see like much but I can assure you that the Girl Scouts appreciated that gesture.  Thousands of people around the world work for a whole month and not even earn $32.

It would be extremely advantageous to find some way for the average person to buy KarmaCoin with fiat currency.  Also contacting genuine charities and helping them to set up a KarmaCoin wallet
so that anyone holding Karmacoin can send them directly.

I would clearly and openly admit that I do not have the perfect answer but would strongly suggest not to include world leaders or any high profile person (unless of course
they would be willing to raise the profile of Karmacoin voluntarily), in an effort to gain the attention of the media and general public.

This is my last comment on this matter.

Great.. would you like to help, or just keep talking about it? It's easy to type, but we need action Smiley

If this is what it takes to get people more active in Karmacoin, then it can't be that bad

If we spent as much time actually doing stuff as we have talked about it today, then we can really take Karmacoin places.

I'm doing.. how about you?

ssshhh

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:16:20 PM

Great.. would you like to help, or just keep talking about it? It's easy to type, but we need action Smiley

If this is what it takes to get people more active in Karmacoin, then it can't be that bad

If we spent as much time actually doing stuff as we have talked about it today, then we can really take Karmacoin places.

Just to let you know (so you do not ASSUME I am just a talker Smiley  I have been "helping" (behind the scenes), you just have not seen the results yet.  But you will.
kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:16:36 PM

I can see the genius behind this. Yeah, it's a bold move, granted. I can also see why Kosmost is pulling out all the stops with this one and at the time that he is. There's an unhealthy amount of alts being challenged for continued hashes, attention and buyers/marketshare. Kosmost (I believe) wants to make a strong move and help separate KarmaCoin from the pack with some strong headlines. I have no doubt he has already invested some solid thought and pen to paper as far as how the campaign press release and donations results will read. Although I have not much KarmaCoin, I am going to back this and also mention that I am grateful for Kosmost's tenacity and diligence towards the Girls Scouts Donation Campaign as well as all of his communication invested in the Logo recreation (I like the original Smiley.

The way I look at it...we can go ahead and return to our "normal programming" of your average, garden variety charitable fund drive after this one is completed. I'm not going to over-think it any further.

PLEASE extend the fundraising timeline on this one so that we can gain further attention to it.

200 Thousand sent with more later.
Who's next?  

I wouldn't call it genius. Just calculated risk. Could be a very smart move, or could be really dumb. (There's no much in the middle on this one, I think.) But so far we've only whispered a couple of alternatives, not actually done anything about them.

Time will tell.

BitTanker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:16:51 PM

+1

BitTanker

View Profile
March 31, 2014, 06:18:38 PM

More news coming...

Please donate to the PR fund so we can get these releases out.

Karma to: KBk3HzCsEJC27vy4yqFJucEt9XnpHkmwyn

Thank you in advance!

Sent 1 000 000 today! More during days

Cheesy

Sent more 200 000   Grin

Sent more 200 000   Grin

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:26:27 PM

Just to let you know (so you do not ASSUME I am just a talker Smiley  I have been "helping" (behind the scenes), you just have not seen the results yet.  But you will.

I like to whip people into action. Seems we are a sleepy bunch lol

A few folk here do stuff behind the scenes, but we never really hear about it.

kosmost

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 31, 2014, 06:32:30 PM

Sent more 200 000   Grin

thanks.. btw...

We are almost halfway there

Thank you mysterious stranger(s). Especially for doing, and not just talking about it!

Pages: « 1 ... 154 155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 [204] 205 206 207 208 209 210 211 212 213 214 215 216 217 218 219 220 221 222 223 224 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 236 237 238 239 240 241 242 243 244 245 246 247 248 249 250 251 252 253 254 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: