Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 09:48:58 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 260 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][KARM] Karmacoin - New Initiatives - Helping People Do Good  (Read 352315 times)
miner4m0

Activity: 6
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:07:35 PM

1.x million Karma collected so far as I see in Karma wall http://ikarmacoin.com/karmawall-menu

3 million Karma coins may value less than $50 now, but these coins for them are not to cash out immediate, its just a way to help them with some value, let them get Crypto awareness and to spread the Crypto Karma word out.

That is being SUPER generous with the value of Karma, it isn't even CLOSE to $50.

This, as you present it, is a stupid idea. It will make Karma look worse than it already does.
Comes off as a good bit self serving and smells of taking advantage of the situation with no benefit for the girls:
"Here girls, take these three million coins! Someday, in the future, they may, possibly, be worth a wee bit more, or not, all that matters is we pat ourselves on teh back and pretend the attention we may get from doing this will somehow help our coin."

Come up with the whole amount they lost or just don't do it.

The last tweet raised the stakes to 12M karmacoins.
The current donations are 3.2M (Karmawall).
Our coin is helped if we execute our mission.
We need to Do Good.

You donate to make the coin look good and to inflate your own ego.
12M Karma is still no where near the amount lost and will still look self serving rather than generous.
The coin stands to gain way more than the girls do, so don't shortchange them to start with.

I am listening.   Just so you know, there is no selfish intent on my part.  Theoretically it would be a lot more simple to write a check and mail it to them.

I intend to raise up to 35M Karmacoins.  
I am hopeful that our community sees this project as a pathfinder as to how each and every one of us can drive the community to Do Good.  
There is no limit on what we can do - To Saturn and Beyond!  
I will match the donations 4:1.  I am hoping others will match as well.  
I intend to convert the KARM to BTC and BTC to USD and give them a check once we hit our goal - $200 USD.

How much will you be donating? Thanks for listening.

[/quote]

Thanks for detailing the plan.  I just sent 1M.  

txid 6f5c8245eaf79b513df5a2caae146a51b50620472039dd7e9243f1b52309f8d9

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Activity + Trust + Earned Merit == The Most Recognized Users on Bitcointalk
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Poogasm

Activity: 168
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:16:24 PM

1.x million Karma collected so far as I see in Karma wall http://ikarmacoin.com/karmawall-menu

3 million Karma coins may value less than $50 now, but these coins for them are not to cash out immediate, its just a way to help them with some value, let them get Crypto awareness and to spread the Crypto Karma word out.

That is being SUPER generous with the value of Karma, it isn't even CLOSE to $50.

This, as you present it, is a stupid idea. It will make Karma look worse than it already does.
Comes off as a good bit self serving and smells of taking advantage of the situation with no benefit for the girls:
"Here girls, take these three million coins! Someday, in the future, they may, possibly, be worth a wee bit more, or not, all that matters is we pat ourselves on teh back and pretend the attention we may get from doing this will somehow help our coin."

We need to Do Good.

12M Karma is still no where near the amount lost and will still look self serving rather than generous.
The coin stands to gain way more than the girls do, so don't shortchange them to start with.

I am listening.   Just so you know, there is no selfish intent on my part.  Theoretically it would be a lot more simple to write a check and mail it to them.

I am hopeful that our community sees this project as a pathfinder as to how each and every one of us can drive the community to Do Good. 
I will match the donations 4:1.  I am hoping others will match as well. 
I intend to convert the KARM to BTC and BTC to USD and give them a check once we hit our goal - $200 USD.

[/quote]

If you intend to raise the 35m needed to come up with the $200, why only mention that now?
Convenient, and misguided. You probably should have spelled it out beforehand...
The wrong idea has already been planted, as can be seen by the fervor with which they think that the 3M was going to be an amazing thing and that they already contacted the media about the 3M...

[ANN] PixxCoin | PoS | Wallet with built in Exchange Dice Game And Fa | Free IPO. PLncxuyTOpsdASEAIweeoweKSJASJDNZETR

Ben: 1FCtLZz3tS7CGYYmq344fyqQqhsdCGtEF9
BTC: 1KDcsttby2F7Ud9vLbXytRh1P2amc7Wocc
Pass the Flutter FPc4LHGS8LNgK6bSWpe6sY7fsrgWWwDwUa
ky_storm

Activity: 105
Merit: 10

@ky_storm

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 05:37:42 PM

help karma to Bter.com
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=502363.0
vote here
Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:03:42 PM

We need to Do Good.

I am listening.   Just so you know, there is no selfish intent on my part.  Theoretically it would be a lot more simple to write a check and mail it to them.

I will match the donations 4:1.  I am hoping others will match as well. 

If you intend to raise the 35m needed to come up with the $200, why only mention that now?
Convenient, and misguided. You probably should have spelled it out beforehand...
The wrong idea has already been planted, as can be seen by the fervor with which they think that the 3M was going to be an amazing thing and that they already contacted the media about the 3M...
[/quote]

Good point!
zaigon

Activity: 182

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:09:50 PM

why karma is dying?  from  5 satoshi to 1.??
bcd

Activity: 252
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:27:42 PM

why karma is dying?  from  5 satoshi to 1.??

Karma will never die. Multipools dumping on highest buy order. This will stop in next block halving. Checkout http://www.ikarmacoin.com/karmawall-menu
bitwho
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:42:49 PM

can we not use expression like "to the moon" or " to saturn and beyond" Lets do the opposite. Lets keep karmacoin earth related.

perhaps we can say "Bringing the moon to US"  or the old and perfect "doing good is good" "do good"
MCAltcoin

Activity: 42

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:43:21 PM

why karma is dying?  from  5 satoshi to 1.??

Karma will never die. Multipools dumping on highest buy order. This will stop in next block halving. Checkout http://www.ikarmacoin.com/karmawall-menu

Volume indicates that it is not dying.  
Altcoinstats lists it as the 4th most profitable.
More new wallet holders will jump on board to mine (increased consumption)
Currently middleminers create a large pool of speculative sellers to a smaller pool of buyers.

Freshly mined supply will decrease. This will stop in next block halving.

The sellers will sell at a pace of 600M KARM per day
In approximately 5 days the lower cost KARM will climb in price because supply will contract.

It is pretty exciting that given the current Mintpal Buy side backlog of 21BTC, you can double your money by selling for 2 and buying for 1.  Experience tells us that there will be upward pressure on price.  So get your KARM while you can.
ShawnLeary

Activity: 518
Merit: 504

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:48:39 PM

Anyone in the PR team working on a press release? Who will be the public-facing point of contact for the media?

El3k0n - PR/Communications
ShawnLeary - PR/Communications/marketing
Alphi - PR/Communications
Bitwho - PR/Communications/Project Lead

Let's cross that bridge when/if it comes.  I don't remember seeing or hearing from a public face for DogeCoin.  Karma is karma, it doesn't even need to be explained.  Try asking anyone other than someone on reddit what Doge even is?   Is it the dog?  Is the comic sans colorful fonts and choppy Japanese anime style something lost in translation blurbs?  seriously I am all about being prepared, so if there is anyway I can help let me know.  I have a full time job though so the fact that I am an investor and not actually a hired rep of Karma mine or anyone else's comments will be somewhat, actually, really biased.  If it were to go big time we will have to hire a PR company to handle some of this workload.  

Kos has it right with this list
1) Put together a press release (with media contact at bottom).
2) Polish the website and make it clear and easy to understand for new visitors who know nothing about Karmacoin
3) Choose a logo with wide appeal (even if not final)
4) Decide on a mission statement (I've made a post to the karmacoin project subreddit. If you've access please read the stickied document)

Also I would add a tip bot.  Can someone here tackle or at least find out how to set one up? bitcoin dogecoin nxt and many others all have tip bots.  everyone likes free coins, and nothing better than sprinkling 500 to 1000 Karms a pop all over reddit and /r/bitcoin.   Will go a long way IMO.  

"We have the power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine
MCAltcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:52:20 PM

Anyone in the PR team working on a press release? Who will be the public-facing point of contact for the media?

Let's cross that bridge when/if it comes.  I don't remember seeing or hearing from a public face for DogeCoin.  Karma is karma, it doesn't even need to be explained.  Try asking anyone other than someone on reddit what Doge even is?   Is it the dog?  Is the comic sans colorful fonts and choppy Japanese anime style something lost in translation blurbs?  seriously I am all about being prepared, so if there is anyway I can help let me know.  I have a full time job though so the fact that I am an investor and not actually a hired rep of Karma mine or anyone else's comments will be somewhat, actually, really biased.  If it were to go big time we will have to hire a PR company to handle some of this workload.  

2) Polish the website and make it clear and easy to understand for new visitors who know nothing about Karmacoin
4) Decide on a mission statement (I've made a post to the karmacoin project subreddit. If you've access please read the stickied document)

Also I would add a tip bot.  Can someone here tackle or at least find out how to set one up? bitcoin dogecoin nxt and many others all have tip bots.  everyone likes free coins, and nothing better than sprinkling 500 to 1000 Karms a pop all over reddit and /r/bitcoin.   Will go a long way IMO.  

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/comments/1zsd02/start_tipping_karmacoins_and_lets_grow_this/
MCAltcoin

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:53:19 PM

can we not use expression like "to the moon" or " to saturn and beyond" Lets do the opposite. Lets keep karmacoin earth related.

perhaps we can say "Bringing the moon to US"  or the old and perfect "doing good is good" "do good"
+1
ShawnLeary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 06:53:32 PM

And a response to anyone thinking Karma is dead.  How many dead coins have 50 BTC worth of orders straddling the current market price?  When Karma takes off its going to be pretty sick and fast.  Coinmarketcap will have to deal with multiple days of triple digit growth precentages from Karma-goodness!  Cheesy   1000%+ 24-hr gain is going to be pretty epic on there.  

pabloangello
Legendary

Activity: 1344
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:07:26 PM

And a response to anyone thinking Karma is dead.  How many dead coins have 50 BTC worth of orders straddling the current market price?  When Karma takes off its going to be pretty sick and fast.  Coinmarketcap will have to deal with multiple days of triple digit growth precentages from Karma-goodness!  Cheesy   1000%+ 24-hr gain is going to be pretty epic on there.  

I wish to see that some day..

Karmagood (OP)

Activity: 84

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:16:35 PM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

It is happening people.  You can no longer deny what we have created.  A community where we Do Good.

Because.....Doing good is good.

I received a call from the girl scouts about 15 minutes ago.
Courtney Szlemp described the scenario.
These girls scouts were very discouraged,
The cookie order would need to be paid for and they did not have the money.

-Too young an age to have that happen to them. It is up to us to make it a memory - not a catastrophe!

They though it was incredible that people across the world would help them.
They found it incredible that people across the world had heard about their problem.
She is sending me additional information so that we can communicate our progress.

We are raising $200 USD worth of KARM (35M).

I am asking for all of you wealthy Karmassians, you know who you are, donate 1M KARM to this cause.

KB59U1WSjKuKxDHzgihJSF1Gsca51FcJUw

matauc12

Activity: 658
Merit: 500

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 07:35:44 PM

SENT 5m to the cause
CryptoJohn
Legendary

Activity: 1680
Merit: 1003

Well, That's Crypto :-\

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 08:37:22 PM

KarmaCoin

Giving is getting Smiley
cran

Activity: 181

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 09:46:22 PM

Vote for refills on cryptsy !!!         https://www.cryptsy.com/coinvotes/
kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:17:14 PM

!!Karmassian Pride!!

It is happening people.  You can no longer deny what we have created.  A community where we Do Good.

Because.....Doing good is good.

I received a call from the girl scouts about 15 minutes ago.
Courtney Szlemp described the scenario.
These girls scouts were very discouraged,
The cookie order would need to be paid for and they did not have the money.

-Too young an age to have that happen to them. It is up to us to make it a memory - not a catastrophe!

They though it was incredible that people across the world would help them.
They found it incredible that people across the world had heard about their problem.
She is sending me additional information so that we can communicate our progress.

We are raising $200 USD worth of KARM (35M).

I am asking for all of you wealthy Karmassians, you know who you are, donate 1M KARM to this cause.

KB59U1WSjKuKxDHzgihJSF1Gsca51FcJUw

Why not "Karms" instead of Karmassians?

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
ShawnLeary

View Profile
March 07, 2014, 10:24:45 PM

http://www.reddit.com/r/Karmacoin/comments/1zsd02/start_tipping_karmacoins_and_lets_grow_this/

AWESOME!  I don't know how I missed it.  I am going to search for good deeds all over reddit where tipping is OK and make it rain.

kosmost

Activity: 1022
Merit: 501

Creator of the ICO

View Profile WWW
March 07, 2014, 10:38:35 PM
Last edit: March 07, 2014, 10:56:29 PM by kosmost

To everyone below: are you able to access http://www.reddit.com/r/karmacoinproject ? This subreddit is where we will coordinate all project activities. (I'd prefer to use an online project management system but I am not sure if we'd actually use it at this time. So we can use a subreddit for these activities)

Your posts/feedback is required if we're going to get the ball rolling. Please let me know if you need anything or have trouble accessing the subreddit. If you haven't PM'd me with your reddit username please do so. (As you can see, I like to work quickly and efficiently. I'm going to see Karmacoin through to 500+ satoshis!)

Please take a look at the draft project plan I posted yesterday for Phase 2 when you get to the subreddit. I plan to post it to the main subreddit on March 8th if there are no comments. But please make suggestions and provide feedback. It's better if we work together on this. Your prompt attention is greatly appreciated Smiley

No access? Have not yet posted/commented:
karmazaki - communication channel development
Kartojal - dev
ptman - dev
Dunking Style - Markets

Already posted/commented:
javijavier - reddit
jwcplanet - graphic maestro

Resent mod invitation:
karmacoingood

Please hit "subscribe" in the subreddit when you get there. Right now there are 2 subscribers, including myself. There should really be 12 (everyone on the list above). It would help to follow the activity in the subreddit so we can be productive.

Thanks!

Workchain – Powering the Decentralized Economy
Pages: « 1 ... 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 125 126 127 128 129 130 131 132 133 134 135 136 137 138 139 140 141 142 143 144 145 146 147 148 149 150 151 152 153 154 155 156 157 158 159 [160] 161 162 163 164 165 166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178 179 180 181 182 183 184 185 186 187 188 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199 200 201 202 203 204 205 206 207 208 209 210 ... 260 »
  Print  

Jump to: