Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 08:09:43 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 147 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [ANN][MEOW] KittehCoin Relaunch IS HERE!!!!  (Read 223004 times)
nosf009

Activity: 196
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 07:35:23 PM

I got 6.7 million, all still in wallet. I even took it off craptsy, not much interested in what the price is.
I have read week or two ago that things are getting done behind the scenes, and I will wait out until then. And probably even further.
Not sure how can I help more, but not dumping I guess helps by itself at some length.
C ya around.

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Once a transaction has 6 confirmations, it is extremely unlikely that an attacker without at least 50% of the network's computation power would be able to reverse it.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Hepic

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:02:32 PM

Wallet updated on p2pool http://solidpool.org:9566
AlexGR
Legendary

Activity: 1708
Merit: 1049

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:10:40 PM

The price is pushed down for big players to accumulate large position (i believe they want at least 300-400mil, maybe more). Not saying that the coin will be pumped, but selling now isn't the best move you can do. Watch the market and thank me later.

Thing is, with a global supply in the range of tens of billions (as it will be in the mid-term), there is a problem for the price. Generally, coins issued in the billions like crazy are not a good idea for preserving value. You don't even need "dumpers" to destroy the value. It will be destroyed by itself over the course of time. DOGE has managed to hype itself more and counterbalance this effect but in the long run a large supply is a very serious problem.
nosf009

Activity: 196

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:20:58 PM

The price is pushed down for big players to accumulate large position (i believe they want at least 300-400mil, maybe more). Not saying that the coin will be pumped, but selling now isn't the best move you can do. Watch the market and thank me later.

Thing is, with a global supply in the range of tens of billions (as it will be in the mid-term), there is a problem for the price. Generally, coins issued in the billions like crazy are not a good idea for preserving value. You don't even need "dumpers" to destroy the value. It will be destroyed by itself over the course of time. DOGE has managed to hype itself more and counterbalance this effect but in the long run a large supply is a very serious problem.

Large supply by itself, sure.
With no buy support, interested people, all dies.
I won't go into DOGE case, I have no crazy ass idea how they managed to pump that retarded meme up so much (all speculation about market manipulation aside).
Thing is; I'm here for few months, and already I can spot how actually - there's really little number of coins that go really out in the world.
If you think about it, only BTC to date has some real world implementations.
Let's not call faucets, simple dice games, some random (small) shops, tip bots and such something that is available to masses, because it isn't. It's all mostly a crypto-to-crypto people environment.

So, basically, any coin that can potentially go a bit further will surge with usage and thus value. THEN; billions are welcome, actually, as trading 0.00000042 (pun intended) for something really, imho, looks stupid.
Why not 100 MEOW instead? Or DOGE; I'm not saying it's all retarded, but illiterate subculture that it pulls out with is just a facepalm.

From that point, if this coin really has 12 motivated devs, I expect them to come up with something that's not only like 3 new faucets.
If they manage to do something more, it will sure add up.
And yeah, we should also do something, but as stupid as it sounds, I believe we first have to let them finish up what they have planned. Sure as hell they're taking their time Smiley
But, faith is strong Smiley

Cheers

<OPEN MONEY | Powering Blockchain Acceptance [ICO]
███████████████    ▬▬▬▬▬▬ Blockchain Meets Mainstream! ▬▬▬▬▬▬    ███████████████
Whitepaper  ●  Slack  ●  Facebook  ●  Twitter  ●  Reddit  ●  Telegram>
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 09:28:21 PM

Large supply by itself, sure.
With no buy support, interested people, all dies.
I won't go into DOGE case, I have no crazy ass idea how they managed to pump that retarded meme up so much (all speculation about market manipulation aside).
Thing is; I'm here for few months, and already I can spot how actually - there's really little number of coins that go really out in the world.
If you think about it, only BTC to date has some real world implementations.
Let's not call faucets, simple dice games, some random (small) shops, tip bots and such something that is available to masses, because it isn't. It's all mostly a crypto-to-crypto people environment.

So, basically, any coin that can potentially go a bit further will surge with usage and thus value. THEN; billions are welcome, actually, as trading 0.00000042 (pun intended) for something really, imho, looks stupid.
Why not 100 MEOW instead? Or DOGE; I'm not saying it's all retarded, but most parts are Cheesy

From that point, if this coin really has 12 motivated devs, I expect them to come up with something that's not only like 3 new faucets.
If they manage to do something more, it will sure add up.
And yeah, we should also do something, but as stupid as it sounds, I believe we first have to let them finish up what they have planned. Sure as hell they're taking their time Smiley
But, faith is strong Smiley

Cheers

I personally mined for a while (when it was like 4-5x than DOGE) and then bailed with the whales multipooling. Now I'm simply trading it - kind of like my favorite coin for trading really. I don't really get the dev hype, to be honest, nor do I believe that an scrypt clone with tremendous coin supply can do anything significant price-wise except for some unforeseen event like someone pumping it up for some reason. As the time progresses even this scenario becomes more unlikely because pumping is easier in a market with less coins and way harder in a market with more coins.

Probably those dumping are already at like 10x profit from buying millions upon million in the sub3 satoshi range. I think they are a little "sadist" in their mentality of killing kittehs... I mean I see some sell orders in the mid15's and I'm like WTF are they doing... they don't care about selling low, they are more happy that they are destroying the coin - and maybe proud of it in their minds... If I had to guess I'd say that some of the whales who are selling may be kids or hackers who found their way into many bitcoins or other coins and then had fun with "investments" and then even more "fun" with the concept that they are so powerful that they can control an entire market and make everyone suffer and cry.
freddyfarnsworth

Activity: 238

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:11:24 PM

Looking to buy some bitcoins to trade to meow, mining them is to slow now.

What exchange do you guys use, and what method to buy the coins ? ie: bank transfer, paypal Huh??

How long to deposit usd to get coins ?

I do not want ads, looking for some info from trusted members with experience.

Gotta buy some meow, now...

BTC: 1F1X9dN2PRortYaDkq89YJDbQ72i3F5N3h MEOW: KAbvy9jrrajvN5WLo7RWBsYqYfJKyN9WLf DOGE: DAyKSrTiVeRZaReTu1Cyf5Je6qPdKTuKKE
techbot77

Activity: 21
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:16:45 PM

Miners and Traders! Welcome. New Exchange. https://comkort.com MEOW Listed!
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:16:56 PM

Absolute coin supply number doesn't matter because you can always normalise it and evaluate the market cap. If Kittehcoin had 100x less coins, then individual coin price would be 100x higher with everything else being equal. Same idea goes to block reward. It will always scale linearly with coin supply, what matters is block halving period which determines supply gradient.

There is a psychological factor that distorts that, otherwise, perfect mathematical symmetry. For example if the coins were like 10.000x less, the value would not be 10.000 more because people would say "are you kidding me?" There had to be some fundamentals in place apart from the relative scarcity to justify the cost.

Extreme cases like 42 have a collectible interest and thus represent an exception.

Mortimer452

Activity: 532
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:18:33 PM

What exchange do you guys use, and what method to buy the coins ? ie: bank transfer, paypal Huh??

Easiest way I have found to buy BTC with $USD is http://www.coinbase.com

Unfortunately, takes several days to get setup.  Have to verify identity, bank account, etc.  Then, your first BTC purchase takes about 5 days to clear the bank.  But once you're through the initial setup stuff, it's a piece of cake.  I can buy $1,000 of BTC per week with no waiting at all, instant buy and instant sell.
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 20, 2014, 11:19:54 PM

I used coinbase. You have to use your bank account but it was the easiest for me. I did have to wait like 1-2 weeks since it was my first time. You could buy directly from someone but DONT SEND FIRST!  Wink
wB`

Activity: 84
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 12:37:57 AM

I would expect the price of MEOW to rally as soon as the Whales get the amount of coins they wanted. Its just crazy how easy it is to manipulate an entire market!
wB`

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:17:32 AM

I would expect the price of MEOW to rally as soon as the Whales get the amount of coins they wanted. Its just crazy how easy it is to manipulate an entire market!

Let me correct you, it's just crazy how easy it's to manipulate retards!

ya i like your statement better Smiley

i just wonder what the market will look like in the next couple of weeks now that people have really stocked up on cheap coin.
danosphere (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001

Syscoin- Changing the way people do business.

View Profile WWW
February 21, 2014, 03:38:15 AM

Yeah think about it- if you're someone with 3million USD to throw around and want to manipulate the meow market it would be cake. You can easily lay down huge sells walls and buy up all the coin they want then pull the walls once satisfied  Undecided  ...then let MEOW realize its actual value as we continue to build services.

..then take profit down the line, as well as have enough MEOW stockpiled to easily continue to manipulate if they hold enough.

Be smart don't get shaken down and let them have that kind of power of the market. I can tell you its definitely manipulation when I was put in sells (large sells, to test the market) at taking out taking out a 0.6 BTC buy wall, and it was instantly back, again, and again. This happens enough then they realize they can go buy cheaper lower and then move their buy/sell walls down.

We're working hard on the coin; this week has just been really busy and rough for crypto in general. I have been slammed at my dayjob and haven't been able to work on public stuff as much as I've been working on getting the marketing team together and talking with other dev team members about what's next. We're regrouping now that KGW is out and focusing on marketing, and delegating current team resources to other initiatives related to MEOW (whereas originally we were largely focused on the core stuff like wiki, forums etc.) like marketplaces, outreach, mobile apps, etc.

The initial launch/crazy burst is a phase of every coin's lifecycle. MEOW is just taking a breather. I certainly expect gradual price growth over time now that the hype phase is over. We'll continue to evolve and develop MEOW and add a lot more value whereas most other coin teams let it fade away after they take their post-launch profits... that's not what we're in this for (at least I'm not)- we want to build something with long-term value and that takes patience and proper planning.

We're also thinking about sprucing up the website some more, post up some site you like the layout/design/UX of and we'll take the hint Wink

Syscoin: Business on the Blockchain. - Buy and sell goods and services, send encrypted messages and more all secured by the blockchain.
Syscoin Website | Syscoin Whitepaper | Syscoin Team Price Peg
wB`

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 03:43:07 AM

Dano-

What about a "Save the Kitteh Foundation"...another member suggested that. I think it would be a cool idea. I know that we wanted to contribute to a charity...
bassclef

Activity: 924
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:24:18 AM

Dano-

What about a "Save the Kitteh Foundation"...another member suggested that. I think it would be a cool idea. I know that we wanted to contribute to a charity...

This is a great idea. Partnering with no-kill shelters would be ideal. It's on my marketing idea list. No kill shelters are important as they never put an animal down if possible, and work within the community to find "forever homes" for all of their animals, including the elderly and disabled. PAWS Chicago is a great example of one in the Midwest US.

We could maintain a list of no-kill shelters and hold online events to raise awareness of these great non-profits. Heck, it doesn't even need to be limited to Kittehcoin, although a secondary goal could be to promote MEOW. I'll have to talk to my marketing-guru wife about the details, but it will be amazing to get something like this off the ground.
wB`

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:48:25 AM

the dumping just wont stop!
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 04:51:34 AM

Absolute coin supply number doesn't matter because you can always normalise it and evaluate the market cap. If Kittehcoin had 100x less coins, then individual coin price would be 100x higher with everything else being equal. Same idea goes to block reward. It will always scale linearly with coin supply, what matters is block halving period which determines supply gradient.

There is a psychological factor that distorts that, otherwise, perfect mathematical symmetry. For example if the coins were like 10.000x less, the value would not be 10.000 more because people would say "are you kidding me?" There had to be some fundamentals in place apart from the relative scarcity to justify the cost.

Extreme cases like 42 have a collectible interest and thus represent an exception.

Yeah, that's right. High supply coins also tend to have bigger market cap due to "lower price numbers" and more discrete trading steps (i.e. "easier" order books) where each satoshi represents significant % of the price.

This is actually exploitable, in terms of market cap... I'm not sure if I should be writting this but anyway I will: if someone makes a coin that costs 1 satoshi (you can't trade lower than that) and say, issues quadrillions of them (with a rational like "every citizen of the planet must own at least 1mn, so 7 bn people X 1m coins = 7 quadrillion coins), then you have 7.000.000.000.000.000 x 0.00000001 = 70mn market cap, easy. And it can appear to rise every day if, say, it starts the issuing with 1/7 in the first days (10mn market cap) reaching 70mn as the quantity increases and reaches the predesignated point.
chocobo

Activity: 540

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 08:23:19 AM

Yeah, that's right. High supply coins also tend to have bigger market cap due to "lower price numbers" and more discrete trading steps (i.e. "easier" order books) where each satoshi represents significant % of the price.

This is actually exploitable, in terms of market cap... I'm not sure if I should be writting this but anyway I will: if someone makes a coin that costs 1 satoshi (you can't trade lower than that) and say, issues quadrillions of them (with a rational like "every citizen of the planet must own at least 1mn, so 7 bn people X 1m coins = 7 quadrillion coins), then you have 7.000.000.000.000.000 x 0.00000001 = 70mn market cap, easy. And it can appear to rise every day if, say, it starts the issuing with 1/7 in the first days (10mn market cap) reaching 70mn as the quantity increases and reaches the predesignated point.

You can trade with litecoin. Or in your example trade with doge. 
suchnoob

Activity: 224

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:13:37 AM

I have 2mil left and that's just too low value to dump.. So I'm sticking with it.

Should have sold it earlier and got into MINT as I did with other coins. But now it's too late.
AlexGR
Legendary

View Profile
February 21, 2014, 11:29:48 AM

You can trade with litecoin. Or in your example trade with doge. 

Indeed, but coinmarketcap will show ...70mn Tongue
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 [47] 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 ... 147 »
  Print  

Jump to: