Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 03:25:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bounty managers to be blamed?  (Read 5922 times)
speedy963

Activity: 631
Merit: 253

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:47:17 AM

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?

No they should not be blamed at all!

When you join a bounty then you are always joining a risky investment of your time and efforts. Neither bounty manger knows what would be the future of that bounty and neither we the hunters.

Just remember one thing, when an ICO is scammed then its not just bounty hunters who dont receive the payments but it is also the bounty manager himself who remains unpaid. So everything is on everyone's head!
And the most risky part if it is that, their names are at stake, or should we say the campaign managers are always at stake. Never blame them besides they are doing their job, once it fails or it is a scam project not only us but the campaign manager doesn't recieve any payments at all and worst is that they don't recieve any credits from that instead they will recieve negative trusts from moderators and DTs. If someone is to be blame it must be us participants for wasting out time, then a part of it will from the whole team of that certain project for screwing peoples lives.
siena23

Activity: 2394
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 07:48:30 AM

should bounty managers know all about the project to be run, so unlike Uchit, it has been a long walk just know if the scam. Indeed ico project is not necessarily successful if you have a good bounty manager. But a good bounty manager will tell you if the project is scammed, Ico fails, Ico is postponed, Ico is successful.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂   https://tecracoin.io  ▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
UNITING SCIENTISTS, INVESTORS AND THE BLOCKCHAIN COMMUNITY
Flexystar

Activity: 1092
Merit: 227

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:51:10 AM

Thats completely insane to do. How can a bounty manager would know what went wrong and what those people were upto? One thing is clear in the crypto space that bounties and related ICO's can get scammed at anytime in their roadmap or whatever intentions they carry. We cant just know it definitely whether the crypto is legit or not unless and until they get to full scale model. Its not fault of the bounty manager and he should not be blamed at all. We participate in the bounty on our will so why he should be blamed at all.
BADBITCH

Activity: 532
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:55:19 AM

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?

I can’t blame a bounty manager because nobody wants it’s reputation to be tarnished by scam icos
Literally nobody is perfect so despite the researches and information sort after, an ico can outsmart a bounty manager

For instance if you participated in hashcard bounty
The ico was fraud, but fortunately everyone the bounty manager detected but a little late

We all have to be careful
We can’t rely on blame game
Lucilfer

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 07:55:45 AM

Thats completely insane to do. How can a bounty manager would know what went wrong and what those people were upto? One thing is clear in the crypto space that bounties and related ICO's can get scammed at anytime in their roadmap or whatever intentions they carry. We cant just know it definitely whether the crypto is legit or not unless and until they get to full scale model. Its not fault of the bounty manager and he should not be blamed at all. We participate in the bounty on our will so why he should be blamed at all.
I completely agree with you. A bounty manager is only doing what is hes job, and further than that the responsibility of whether paying the rewards or not are the ones behind the project. The bounty manager is nor responsible of paying you, aside from that he is not the one holding all the payment funds.
Olatunjex

Activity: 1064
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:00:08 AM

Both side are to be blame but the bounty manager should be blame most because he ought to check the bounty himself or herself before announcing it, on the part of the bounty participant too, as a participants you suppose to evaluate the type of bounty you want to do even along the line there are sign you can see which will point to you to know if the bounty will end up being a scam.

|     T o n T o g e t h e r     |     Saving Empowers Winning     |
Join Launchpool  >  Jan 10th - Feb 10th
●      T W I T T E R      ●      T E L E G R A M      ●      M E D I U M      ●
felissss500@gmail.com

Activity: 616
Merit: 108

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:01:26 AM

Many bounty managers just work for the money, despite the project, without analyzing it and without checking the team, of course it will also fall a lot of criticism,as it turns out for one with the scammers.

Piranha1

Activity: 132

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:04:51 AM

It is not easy for Bounty managers  to predict scam. It is better to talk to Bounty manager ad make a solution by which you can contact team of ICO , if it is scam then take help of bounty manager and raise voice against ICO team.

Bounty managers should not be blamed since it is the projects itself that is not working.  Projects are build together with feasibility study and all needed data to support it. But unfortunately there are some that will not succeed. I can say that it is a failed projects and not the bounty managers fault.
Btcvilla

Activity: 1078
Merit: 270

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:06:51 AM

I did not follow the project, so I can not blame her manager. moreover a bounty manager has understood the marketing strategy and of course this has been discussed earlier with Uchit developer ico. so I guess you should ask the DT members, so that those who overcome this
ashaksagnis

Activity: 630
Merit: 104

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:09:06 AM

Bounty manager only works for himself not for ico team..
I think you have no right to blame the bounty manager.
i agree. Bounty manager works for himself.
before participating in the campaign-incentives for past campaigns where the bounty manager worked

joshy23

Activity: 1078
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:09:18 AM

Many bounty managers just work for the money, despite the project, without analyzing it and without checking the team, of course it will also fall a lot of criticism,as it turns out for one with the scammers.
I don't know what's the real score but you said it right,most of those new campaigns who supposedly hire well known managers but instead hire a low profile and a new one which only works for money, I guess they need to sort the project before accepting the job so it will be their task to check the integrity of the team, managers should be responsible enough to protect the workers and the investors as well.
Andruha1993

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:10:13 AM

I think you should not blame the bounty manager for the project being a scam, because he might not know about it. He just did his job and that's it. Managers know just as much as bounty hunters.
burdagol12345

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 08:23:39 AM

Most of the situation like this, I think the one who blame is the bounty manager. The big responsible is there hands because he/she is the one who do the hunting and the expert for that if they detect the scamming action happen, they should publish it to the group to stop the effort of the team without the exchange of there hardwork.
Enyi001

Activity: 140

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 08:27:22 AM

You can't blame bounty managers if a project fails at the end of the day. They are not the development team. They function as channels through which project teams are connected with bounty hustlers. If there is any problem about any project, the team behind the project should rather be blamed.
indobitcoin.tk

Activity: 700
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 09:03:00 AM

The manager also did not know about it. He's just running his duties as the manager who is also looking for earnings. Don't be so thoughtless as to one just because there are still many ICO ICO other far more productive. the scam has become a risk since early in crypto and this must be passed though there is every time.

VESPUCCI
Analytical Engine

▄████▄▄   ▄██
                              ▄█▀    ▀▀███▀
                           ▄███▀
    ▄▄██████▄▄          ▄███▀▀   ▄███▄
  ▄████████████▄     ▄██▀    ▄█████████▄
 ██████████████████ ██▀  ▄███████████████▄
 ████████████████████  ▄███████████████████▄
█████████████████████████████████████████████

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
█▌                     ▐█
██▌                   ▐██
█▐█▌                 ▐█▌█
█ ▐█▌               ▐█▌ █
█  ▐█▌             ▐█▌  █
█   ▐█▌           ▐█▌   █
█    ▐█▌         ▐█▌    █
█     ▐█▌       ▐█▌     █
█      ▐█▌     ▐█▌      █
▀███████████████████████▀
  ▀█▄   ▐█▌   ▐█▌   ▄█▀
    ▀█▄  ▐█▌ ▐█▌  ▄█▀
      ▀█▄ ▐█ █▌ ▄█▀
        ▀█▄▐█▌▄█▀
          ▀███▀
VOLENTIX
Decentralized Change

▄▄███████████▄▄
▄█▀▀           ▀▀█▄
▄█    █       █    █▄
█▌    ██     ██    ▐█
█▌    █ █   █ █    ▐█
█▌    █  █ █  █    ▐█
█▌    ▀█▀▀█▀▀█▀    ▐█
▀█      ▀███▀      █▀
▀█▄▄           ▄▄█▀
▀▀███████████▀▀
BETA TESTER
Designed by Zpectrum

██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
       ▄██▄
     ▄▐████▌▄▄▄ ▄██▄
 ▄▄ ▀  ▀██▀    ▐████▌
▐██▌     ▀▄▄  █ ▀██▀▀▄
▄▀▀ ▄    ████   ▄ ▄  ▄█▄
█    ▀▄▄▀ ▀▀▄  ▀   █ ▀█▀
 ▄ ▄▄▀██    ▄███▄ ▄▀▄  ▌
███       ▄▐█████▌  ▄██▄
 ▀ ▄ ▄  ▄▀  ▀███▀  ▐████▌
    ███    ▄▀   ▀▄  ▀██▀
     ▀▀▄███▄     ▄██▄▀
      ███████   ▐████▌
     ▐███████▌▄▀ ▀██▀
      ███████
       ▀███▀
VCHAIN
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
yannick225

Activity: 336
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:09:45 AM

Not at all the bounty manager is not responsible of what the team can do, his job is to distribute reward and manage the marketing part of the project on Bitcointalk hoping earn some token also if the team choose to scam their investor, the partcipant must understand that and accept their loss.
The manager was also looking for token so the scam affect him too because he work for nothing.
Collider

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:12:37 AM

Who knows which ICO is scam? When investors do not know it after a deep research so how could bounty manager know it?
Proton2233

Activity: 434
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:18:31 AM

Bounty Manager is not part of the development team. He clearly does not intend to take part in fraud. But it is the Manager's responsibility to make sure that the project he moderates is not a Scam. The Manager makes a primary analysis. His reputation depends on it. But the main responsibility lies on those who decided to take part in the project. How can you make a claim to the Manager if you do not see signs of fraud?
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:19:00 AM

Bounty manager cant predict that as its an unforeseen circumstances which can happen to  anyone ,   The bounty manager only needs to do more research on projects before accepting to manage it. .
btc-facebook
Legendary

Activity: 1862
Merit: 1015

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:21:58 AM

When I joined the ICO project, I will check their background. If they trusted enough, I will join !
If the project is being fraud, I can't blame the manager 100% except if the manager also try to do the fraud attempt with the project

Cryptocurrency is still risky so make sure that you've prepare the worst !
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: