Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 10:37:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Are bounty managers to be blamed?  (Read 5922 times)
ToniJu

Activity: 173
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:29:08 AM
Merited by Iwillgotothemoon (6)

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?
Why do bounty hunters get blamed? Is it because they help to sell fraudulent items? In fact, I think Bounty Hunters should not be blamed. Since hunters have formed an industry, most of them do not understand the situation. They are like mercenaries. Their purpose is only to get a little reward for their own efforts. On the contrary, I think the responsibility of the bounty manager is even greater. After all, they are responsible for the projects they should represent. They brought these frauds to everyone and recruited bounty hunters to help promote them. Whose fault is this kind of thing? I think that the responsibility of the bounty manager is greater, and bounty hunters can only be accomplices.

◊ ◊ ◊ 𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻 ◊ ◊  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬   Free ETCV coins ◊ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
    ANN ◊ ◊   ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ◊ ◊ Hard fork of Ethereum ◊ ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  WhitePaper ▬▬  ▬▬  Github
                       ◊  ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬    Twitter ▬  ▬ Telegram ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ◊ ◊  All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV  ◊ ◊ ◊
Baofeng
Legendary

Activity: 2632
Merit: 1667

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:32:38 AM

So ones again we have been scammed by another ICO known as Uchit. Now people have started raining insults and curses on the bounty manager that he has led them to be scammed. Despite the numerous apologies from the manager, bounty hunters do not seem to understand. Now my question is, do you think bounty hunters must be blamed when we are scammed because they knew what the ICO was up to, even from the beginning?

Well if they know that the bounty will turn out to be a scam and chooses to ride with them then you can blame them. However, if they themselves didn't get any rewards for managing the bounties then I think they are not that guilty. And besides, managers doesn't have full control because usually the tokens are not escrow because the bounty distribution is mostly at the end of the ICO itself.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?.
..PLAY NOW..
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:35:08 AM

Bounty managers are just human,,, do not forget this. Yes, just like every human, some are good and some are bad. But the ones I have personally worked with in one year on this forum are all excellent, and you can see this not just by the way they conduct themselves but by their trust ratings, and countless feedback they receive over the years.

Of course, there is always one or two bad apples, and some managers are guilty of accepting known risks. But can they be blamed fully? Bounty participants sometimes never research their own campaigns. Do not even know what they are promoting.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
lelou

Activity: 574
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:41:03 AM

Most of the time the bounty managers doesn't have the control on bounty distribution, they just count the satkes and send them to the ICO managers then they do the sending so I think bounty managers are the one to blame on bounty scams.
coralwoods18

Activity: 59
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:44:42 AM

I think we should not blame bounty managers. They are not forcing you to join in that bounty. They are just like us working for the ICO. Its totally the hunter's responsibility to investigate the ICO whether its scam or not and later make decision.
felicity06

Activity: 251
Merit: 3

Globe-dex.com

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:48:54 AM

You know what....?  People tend to blame someone if they get disappointed about the result....  We can't blame a bounty hunters for their wrong judgement.... But we should not blame bounty manager because it is not their fault... They are not perfect also and they cant predict if the project is scam or not....  We should always think that they are also a victims of this scam....  The one we should blame is the scammer itself....  Working here in crypto is something risky we need to accept that sometimes we will encounter it... So all of us should be aware and we need to be open minded....

[ Globe-dex.com ]
───────────[  Modern Trading Platform With High Trade Engine ]───────────
masterrex

Activity: 1820
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 09:49:55 AM

No that's not relevant at all just remember Bounty Managers are just paid to manage the the specific campaign however if the scammed is purposely done by the team or the developers itself ,Bounty Manager is not liable at all as we see in the very beginning goodwill and trust is the only thing that bind in the Campaign. the bounty Hunters are also need to examine  every Campaign he/she wants to join. and no one force us to join at any campaign. so lets say work at our own risk
xPASTELx

Activity: 191
Merit: 3

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:10:13 AM

In most instances.its not air blaming the bounty managers, sometimes there is nothing they could have done to stop the  scam, they may just be unaware just as the hunters, and have probably fallen victims too, we should go easy on them, However, the bounty managers should share the blame, i think its upon the manager to deeply look into the program before accepting have anything to do with it, look into all the aspects and analyse the possibility that its a scam or not, so there i a shared responsibility in this case

EndChain - Complete logistical solution for all markets and supply chains
ICO Starts:December 1, 2018 (https://endchain.io/)[/center
Emperor of Man

Activity: 886
Merit: 510

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 10:53:26 AM

If there's suspicion that the bounty manager works with the team, then yes, he's to be heavily blamed or even punished/banned/prosecuted/...

If there's no such suspicion, then the main blame's on the people who participated on the project. The manager is to be blamed too in this condition, because of not doing enough research or not giving the red signal to the community soon enough, but IMHO a community whose collective mind didn't detect a scam soon enough is worse.
Smitt

Activity: 888
Merit: 500

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:01:56 AM

Actually, in the case of Uchit to blame is the developer, they cheat everyone to participate in order for their project to succeed. The bounty manager did not know because he was not part of Uchit's team, he was only paid to organize the bounty participants, but I think the bounty manager was slow to know that Uchit SCAM and this made the bounty guys angry because of the delay action from the bounty manager.

▄█████▄
                       ██   ██
  ▄▄▄                  ▀█▄▄▄█▀
▄█████▄                 ▀███▀
███████                   ▀
 ▀███▀
  ▀███                   ▄██
   ████                 ▄██▀
    ████              ▄███▀
     ████▄▄        ▄▄████
      ▀██████▄▄▄▄██████▀
        ▀▀██████████▀▀
            ▀▀▀▀▀▀
||..THE WORLDS FIRST...........
..SOCIAL UTILITY CRYPTO..
|████████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
████████████████▀▀▀█████████
██████ ▀██████▀      ▄██████
██████▄   ▀▀▀        ███████
██████▄             ▄███████
███████▄           ▄████████
██████▀▀▀        ▄██████████
███████▄▄     ▄▄████████████
█████████████▀    ▐█████████
████████████    ▄▄██████████
███████████▀    ▀▀██████████
██████████▌       ██████████
████████████    ████████████
████████████▄  ▄████████████
|
Afanshik

Activity: 42

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:03:05 AM

We don't know if they knew that the project will turn out scam. If they knew it from the beginning - just leave them and never join again. If not - he is not responsible for the team decisions. Anyway, they got their money if the project is scam or not Wink
kristinkamal01

Activity: 168

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:03:32 AM

After such situations, the trust in such managers simply disappears and they do not have good projects after that and they no longer believe in and end their projects and say bad responses about them.
steplaza

Activity: 175

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:05:04 AM

I guess it's so much dependent on the case...you can't always blame the manager if he's external to the project. Though it is likely that he will have a bad reputation anyway
420moviez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:06:37 AM

What sense to accuse the bounty manager if he the same victim, as well as all other participants. He was deceived in the same way, even more he has made a sufficient part of organizing work and all for nothing!

Chinatsu Akasaki

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
June 17, 2018, 11:06:57 AM

In that case, both the bounty managers and the bounty hunters are to be blamed. Before joining in a bounty campaign, bounty hunters should take a look first at the whitepaper. Bounty managers should do the same too. We are all given the chance to read first before we do the task. Reading has no cost.
iconoclast

Activity: 770
Merit: 102

Matrix Built On An Ethereum Smart Contract

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:13:58 AM

That would depend on the circumstances of how everyone was scammed. Was it a scam that would have been uncovered by a little fact checking? As a minimum Bounty Managers should verify the identity of the people who are claimed to be involved by doing a simple KYC. At least that way if it does turn scam there are people who have been identified whose details can be passed to the police.

milada

Activity: 86

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:17:38 AM

I do not think that we can blame the bounty managers,in general they tried to do the best for help the community and,of course,they studied the whitepaper of Ico and are in touch with the team.Sometimes a bounty manager is a member of team.You can see  bounty managers more polite and with more experience  than the others .They are doing a really good and hard job for the community.I want to think that hey are honest with the investors and members of the telegram community.
Dextord

Activity: 335
Merit: 11

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:24:24 AM

I think we can not predict what will happen in the future if the bounty project is a scam, as a bounty hunter we can not blame anyone, I think forget what happened and continue the other project.
unpack

Activity: 292

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:26:35 AM

I think that yes, they have to know what project they represent and I don't know why, but there are still a few managers who always manage scam bounties and scam projects. So you have to select them and not to do their bounties anymore.
daarul50
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034

View Profile
June 17, 2018, 11:31:56 AM

Before we blaspheme and attack a bounty manager that his ICO he handled, let us first see the track record of the manager, whether he is a user who only provide bounty manager or the manager is really the official account of an ICO project. Liable if the manager is merely a service provider but must accept blasphemy from people who are deceived by an ICO project. therefore, we must be smart to choose an ICO project to invest and make sure first the project is not a project that ended a scam.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 62 »
  Print  

Jump to: