Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 04:39:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
feehannah

Activity: 192
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:10:21 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

Private key is very important in making transactions with your bitcoin,if you loss it you will loss also your bitcoin. That's why you need to keep it safe. Print it,right it down in a paper then put in a safety place or much better to engrave it. You are the only one that can make your private key safe,so do everything not to loss it.
Skyshark

Activity: 505
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:13:48 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

If we forgot the keys to our wallet, then the only thing left for us to do is bid goodbye to our coins forever. Because there is absolutely nothing we can do about that. The safest measure we can do is to have our private keys printed or written or copied and stored in a very safe place. Do not ever trust only our memory or leave them just hanging around in
our computer. It is just not safe that way. Hackers can do the impossible things possible.

luckyluigi

Activity: 239
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:26:56 PM

As far as I have heard there is no way to recover your bitcoin wallet password so you need to pay maximum attention in order to keep it secure and not forget it anyway, otherwise you need to harvest what you saw.
perla

Activity: 1932
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:21:38 PM

if you save in HDD and you can retrieve the file back it is good but  i suggest you save in 2-3 HDD to back up if something bad happen with  1 of them. write in paper is good to do but i have risk too because paper is not really good material

..1xBit.com   Super Six..
▄█████████████▄
████████████▀▀▀
█████████████▄
█████████▌▀████
██████████  ▀██
██████████▌   ▀
████████████▄▄
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
▀██████████████
███████████████
█████████████▀
█████▀▀       
███▀ ▄███     ▄
██▄▄████▌    ▄█
████████       
████████▌     
█████████    ▐█
██████████   ▐█
███████▀▀   ▄██
███▀   ▄▄▄█████
███ ▄██████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████▀▀▀█
██████████     
███████████▄▄▄█
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
███████████████
         ▄█████
        ▄██████
       ▄███████
      ▄████████
     ▄█████████
    ▄███████
   ▄███████████
  ▄████████████
 ▄█████████████
▄██████████████
  ▀▀███████████
      ▀▀███
████
          ▀▀
          ▄▄██▌
      ▄▄███████
     █████████▀

▄██▄▄▀▀██▀▀
▄██████     ▄▄▄
███████   ▄█▄ ▄
▀██████   █  ▀█
 ▀▀▀
    ▀▄▄█▀
▄▄█████▄    ▀▀▀
 ▀████████
   ▀█████▀ ████
      ▀▀▀ █████
          █████
       ▄  █▄▄ █ ▄
     ▀▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
      ▀ ▄▄█████▄█▄▄
    ▄ ▄███▀    ▀▀ ▀▀▄
  ▄██▄███▄ ▀▀▀▀▄  ▄▄
  ▄████████▄▄▄▄▄█▄▄▄██
 ████████████▀▀    █ ▐█
██████████████▄ ▄▄▀██▄██
 ▐██████████████    ▄███
  ████▀████████████▄███▀
  ▀█▀  ▐█████████████▀
       ▐████████████▀
       ▀█████▀▀▀ █▀
Premier League
LaLiga
Serie A
Bundesliga
Ligue 1
Primeira Liga
..TAKE PART..
Pinkris128

Activity: 812
Merit: 262

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 10:28:08 PM

I think there is no more ways to recover it unless it has a back up like an email or number that can possible to change your password but if there is none sadly but your bitcoin will be stuck on it and will never be used. Thats why we really need to keep our private keys safe.
Nadal_08

Activity: 108
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:29:22 PM

You can write a paper and hide it carefully. You can create a file to save on google driver or send to your mail. If you lost it, you can not get it back.
MMA
Legendary

Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 11:58:27 PM

You can write a paper and hide it carefully. You can create a file to save on google driver or send to your mail. If you lost it, you can not get it back.
Yes it is too much important that you must have a backup or your wallet key, because if you will lose your wallet key i do not think that there is any way to recover it, and you will lose your bitcoin forever. I have already lost some amount of bitcoin by losing my bitcoin wallet key. I tried my best to find a way to get access to my wallet but not succeeded, and therefore after that i am now too much careful about my wallet key having backup for that and kept it in a safe place.
devale

Activity: 48
Merit: 1

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:11:05 AM

In case you lose your private key, you can use backup words to get back.  If you don't get it and if you lose the password, you have no other way to get it back.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■       SKYNET.co       ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
rollingstorm45

Activity: 448
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:19:06 AM

if you really forget your key, then it's over
all your assets will be frozen and will not be sent
I highly recommend to backup all your assets, to stay safe and to avoid negative things

pushups44

Activity: 854
Merit: 281

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:22:56 AM

Among the options I'd recommend are keeping your private key in a safe deposit box in a bank and using a hardware wallet for security. The hardware wallet will thus encrypt the provate key, preventing even the compromising of a computer from affecting one's bitcoin.
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:27:29 AM

I cannot be sure about private key retrieval. Perhaps if there is such a thing, our wallets would never be as safe. Well, perhaps if someone here is an expert hacker, he might give you something helpful. But as far as my basic knowledge is concerned, a lost private key simply means a lost access to your wallet. That is why I am always recommending a primitive way of saving private keys, through pen and paper.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
kyori

Activity: 335
Merit: 250

DECENTRALIZED CLOUD SERVICES

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 12:58:46 AM

Save it to your facebook messenger or in microsoft word or any application that can save documents so that you always have back up in case of emergency lost.

⚡️ IAGON — WE REVOLUTIONIZE THE CLOUD ⚡️ | TOKEN SALE | DISCUSSION |
kr105

Activity: 938
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:00:40 AM

If we forget the private key to Bitcoin's wallet, unfortunately we will have to forget our Bitcoins. The best thing to avoid this sad event is to make a few backups, use paper and flash memory, and to keep them very well.
Prince Malik

Activity: 924
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:12:33 AM

Every wallet have its own sucuruty system so you maybe find some wallets allow you to restore your key when you forget it like the back-up phrase

██                      ►          ⦁               1xBit.com     │     S p o r t s b o o k   &   C a s i n o               ⦁          ◀                      ██
                  WELCOME BONUS UP TO 7 BTC!                  ♣
██  ██████████████          ■                   30+ ALTCOINS AVAILABLE                   ■          ██████████████  ██
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:15:47 AM

Keeping it in memory is not very effective, I cannot imagine comiting the long streams of alpha-numerical to memory.If one loses his keys,he loses the wallet and the funds in the wallet too
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:18:57 AM

I don't know if there are a chance to retrieve the password, but one of the nice way that I think can help to secure your private key is that you can upload it to your email or save it in many hard drive and also print a copy that you can save your files too.
sureshotcoin

Activity: 129

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:26:36 AM

the private key is everything for bitcoin wallet we should keep the private key in safe if we lost private key then we will lose all the bitcoins
PlusOne88

Activity: 420
Merit: 10

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:27:40 AM

Back in the old times there are no high tech devices to hide or keep information. But they manage to keep things like treasures safe with some codes of their own printed or carved in stones and other materials for them to recall when it is needed. Just think of how they even manage to hide it? Is it not possible to do it today? You can mask your keys with a different code or change some letters on it that you only knew. You can even put the whole thing printed on paper and posted on your wall yet the wrong key with edited portions. Or may just use an offline computer or cellphone and hide it only you will ever know. Never put it online. And leave it just as a storage. Usb flashdrives are not good since it is oftentimes the medium for spreading virus that could hack information. There are so many ways only you will know.

connecoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 01:47:21 AM

Once the private keys forgot or being misplaced, all your crypto earnings there will be useless sinced there is no chance to recover it. So it is very recommended to put this in a safe place that can be easily to remember.
heartwreck

Activity: 162

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 02:00:39 AM

I write it down on my notes so if my phones are corrupted or not working i can still access it on other gadget.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: