Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 04:54:24 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
Okrah

Activity: 144
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:47:01 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

As my opinion its better to have a back up copy in your private keys. just save it in external hardrive, usb storage device or in your personal loptop. Just incase that you acccidentally lost your original copy of your private keys. Then you don't have any worries because you have still a back up copy.

█ █ █████████  BITGOALS  █████████ █ █
SPORT TOKEN PROTOCOL: REWARDS FOR SPORT ACTIVITIES
https://bitgoals.com
deejayce48

Activity: 185
Merit: 100

A sports token that knows your favorite team

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 11:50:36 PM

Not into my knowledge that we can retrieve the private keys once you have lost it. So better not to misplace it. Print it out and keep it in a safe place with your personal documents so that you'll never misplace it.

│  F Λ N C H Λ I N   by SportsCastr   │    A sports token that knows your favorite team
(    Private Sale OPEN on QRYPΓOS    )          ►   WHITEPAPER   ◄
[        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        REDDIT        ANN THREAD        TELEGRAM        INSTAGRAM        ]
soltantgris

Activity: 741
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:21:08 PM

I would just forget about it and move on. You should not think much about something which isnt in your hands. Bitcoin is built that way and you need to be certain about your passwords, seed, and private keys.

The best way is to write this information on some piece of paper and put it in case. If you forgot it, it is simply open it and copy this symbols. Because it is hard to recover it.
if_so_klara_99

Activity: 80
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:51:59 PM

thats definitely not good, you gotta write it down somewhere
Tilysoo

Activity: 62

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:09:05 PM

This is a serious case because there is no alternative to private keys, the only thing u need to do is to keep your private key privately with your notepad or write it in a book and save in a good place.
sagittarius1

Activity: 56

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:10:06 PM

Its not good , you should make a note or write it in any kind of paper and put it in your personal documents
CrazeCoinz

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:14:03 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
Mate before investing in any cryptocurrency you should secure first the private key and have a 2 back-up files in a flash drive and place it in your office and at your locker room. Don't trust other people as this will cause you problem once you had funds in your wallet.
santiPOGI

Activity: 1004
Merit: 111

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:15:12 PM

Then they must say goodbye to their BTC.
private keys are the best to save in different files, also you must have some physical paper to save it.
once forgot its all gone and you can't do anything for that.
Virtual miner

Activity: 728
Merit: 275

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:17:00 PM

Precaution is always better than cure, as is said!

So it is always good to keep a record of all your private keys at one safe place. And try not to disclose the same to anyone, keep it only to yourself. Create an excel file of all the record and keep it in one safe place.

It is better to disburse your holdings into different wallets so that if one wallet gets hacked, others are safe. And try to encash your holdings into your fiat currency ASAP for more safety. And also avoid the use of online exchanges for handling your coins. They are not that safe!
letzdodiz

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:19:53 PM

For whatever length of time that you have a duplicate or you spared the record of your key then it shouldn't be an issue. Individuals ought to know how much vital the key of a specific wallet there is something you can do to guarantee that regardless of whether you overlook you will even now have the capacity to get to your wallet, mine is that I am right now utilizing a metamask so its alright in the event that I misfortune my key since all I have to recollect is my secret word from it.
MetalGear

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:29:19 PM

If you want to keep your private key in a safe place or in your memory you must some notes where you can put all your private key and password so that you can't forget it. Actually, there are some back up way or alternative ways how to retrieve your wallet in case you forgot your password and private key.
Zaibraid

Activity: 420

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:34:12 PM

The problem someone forgot the key of bitcoin wallet is a very fatal thing. As we know that bitcoin has a decentralized system in which full control is in the hands of these bitcoin owners. If we forget the key of our bitcoin wallet then we can not get it back because there is no central party managing this bitcoin. This is indeed one of the disadvantages of bitcoin so one has to think about avoiding this forgetfulness. In fact all there are risks including storing private keys only on our memory. Our memory is also vulnerable to forgetfulness because suddenly we can think very much. If we've forgotten our keys then it's very difficult to get our keys back.

tonyosa

Activity: 182

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 02:36:48 PM

There are no ways (at least to the best of my knowledge) known that you can use to  recover your lost private keys, that is why it is always advisable to physically write them down, offline and keep securedly in your personal vault
Philip Ruby

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:50:19 PM

Maybe I am not just aware of the current situation, but I assume there will be many court cases due to people losing their key and not being able to access their wallet anymore. But as far as I understand, it is a lost battle.
Choy13

Activity: 167

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:00:39 PM

If you create bitcoin wallet. Much better if you print or save your private keys in order for you not to forget the security key of your wallet. If you do it by only your memory it is difficult you can't do it by yourself.
But if you forgot it then it will lost forever. No one can open it.
Hipag

Activity: 106

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:16:43 PM

Bad news for you because you can not get it whatever you have in your wallet, I think the best way that you have to do is make copy or write it and keep in safe place
goodvibes05

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:18:13 PM

I almost lost the only copy of my private key on my mobile phone because it's almost broken. Good thing it was fixed and my copy was not deleted. What I did now is I sent to my alternative e-mail account my private keys to make sure I have another copy and tag it as important mail. That's what I did to make my wallet safe.

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      JINBI      │       T H E   G O L D E N   I C O     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████                     JOIN ICO  -  21st  J U N E                     ████████████
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit        ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
S.R Rikto

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:22:48 PM

Now for us a big threat because you can not find it any more than it is, keep it that way so good is the right or the way you think one or two copies of security
bololord

Activity: 420
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:27:57 PM

If you lost your password, pin or private key well you cannot retrieve it, I think we need to keep safe like saving it in flash drive, printing the key or we can write in a piece of paper by that we can assure that we have a back up.
k@suy

Activity: 882
Merit: 269

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:45:08 PM

Bad news for you because you can not get it whatever you have in your wallet, I think the best way that you have to do is make copy or write it and keep in safe place

That's right,  if you lost your private key, there is no other way to recover it. That is why its better  to keep your private keys in a safe place where anyone of your trusted person can access when needed and made some instruction, so that a member of family can access whatever happens to you.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: