Bitcoin Forum
June 14, 2024, 07:02:14 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
Nelly.G0211

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Eloncity - power the world for free! /eloncity.io/

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:24:57 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

nope... there are no ways to reset the password or should I say private key.. Lots of people bought BTC at the very beginning, but then lost private key, and now.. they are biting their elbows..
By the way, have you heard that you can find some "fortune-tellers"/"magicians" who can help you to recall private key))))

Fatunad

Activity: 2254
Merit: 354

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:28:50 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

Forget your wallet and regret it forever for not taking care of your private key.  We know the fact that we need it to access our wallet so keep it with you.
Even just using up your common sense and reading up just on the word "private key" people do still commit mistakes neither they do lose it or completely forgot. I dont know where they do get the idea on memorizing up Private keys yet we do know on how long it is composing of Alphanumeric which high chance of losing it if you even just forgot a 1 letter or some characters,then say goodbye to your coins.
RawDog
Legendary

Activity: 1596
Merit: 1026

View Profile WWW
July 25, 2018, 07:31:29 PM

nope... there are no ways to reset the password or should I say private key.. Lots of people bought BTC at the very beginning, but then lost private key, and now.. they are biting their elbows..
By the way, have you heard that you can find some "fortune-tellers"/"magicians" who can help you to recall private key))))

All private keys are here: 100%.  If you lose your key, no problem.  You can recover all your funds by finding your key in this list.

All Bitcoin Private Keys (Yes, your key is in there too.)

*Image Removed* *Expletive Removed*  *Obsenity Removed*
What's going on - Slavetards?!!!
Watch my videos: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE43M1Z8Iew  1FuckYouc6zrtHbnqcHdhrSVhcxgpJgfds
cizatext

Activity: 952
Merit: 41

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:34:00 PM

It better to save you security private keys in a very safe place but beside that if you have you security backup phrase it still good because that is what you will use in other to recovery of your wallet. And if you lost your security key you can have it send to your registered email address.
stefy77

Activity: 658
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:45:20 PM

In that case 'I'm sorry for your loss and thanks for the deflation of bitcoins'.
The importance of the private key is the first thing we need to understand.

Vimukkthi Vithanage

Activity: 331
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:48:33 PM

I recommend writing down it in somewhere, in a diary, in a paper or somewhere safe. Don't save it in a place like a google drive it can be hacked. and can save it in pc, but if something happened to the pc like - hard drive dead . ur data too will lose
Gameroid

Activity: 798
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:51:18 PM

In that case 'I'm sorry for your loss and thanks for the deflation of bitcoins'.
The importance of the private key is the first thing we need to understand.

That is an important issue i think, i think that it is th most important thing to keep our wallet key very safe. Because once we lose our bitcoin wallet key, then it is difficult to recover and more chances are that we will lose our bitcoin forever. To me i have already lost my two wallets security key, but the amount of bitcoin in these wallets were not so much.
Jr.

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

Blockchain with a Purpose

View Profile
July 25, 2018, 07:57:53 PM

We have types of Bitcoin wallet nowadays, like wallet with provided private key and we have wallet wherein we can put our own password, if the number two kind of wallet is the one you are using then there will possibility that you can open it someday when you remember the password but with private key... Sorry to tell you but you have to kiss it goodbye...

tge.HORYOUToken.io    ■))   BLOCKCHAIN WITH A PURPOSE
▐ ███████████████   JOIN THE TGE   《《《 ▀ ▀ ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
teamspike911

Activity: 131

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:02:56 AM

By the way, an interesting question ... I myself thought about it.
But it seems like there is no (at least not a given moment) ways to return access
However, I can be wrong
DoublerHunter

Activity: 2590
Merit: 644

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 12:16:20 AM

If they got the back-up phrase then they can recover the bitcoin wallet and just reset the wallet to default and reset the password but if they don't have the back-up phrase or even the seed or private key then there is nothing that they can do and it will just serve as a lesson that they should just be backing up those things at the very first place.
karmapala

Activity: 135

https://darbfinance.com/

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:28:04 AM

if you forget the key of bitcoin wallet then it will lose everything then it must be  save or copy key wallet in flasdisk or note in handphone or computer memory

⚫Darb   /   World’s first blockchainasset platform for everyone
https://darbfinance.com/
dgreat

Activity: 70

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:02:36 AM

then your wallet is gone but i suggest bitcoin should come up with a plan on how to recover diverted, stolen or wrongly transfered bitcoin into the wrong account through the transaction entries. what do you think about it
michellelandry30

Activity: 29

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 03:57:04 PM

I think there is no way to retrieve the keys when lost. We should always have a back up securely hidden all the time. Losing the keys just means we are screwed.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:19:14 PM

Bitcoin gives you a lot of ways to retrieve your coins, you can remember the password to your wallet, your seed words or your private key, if you only have access to one of those then you can get your coins back but if you lose all that information and you do not have a backup somewhere then your coins are lost forever, do not let that to happen to you.
faithofb

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:29:02 PM

I don't think there is remedy to loosing a key to wallet, the last time I lost my login phrase, i tried all possible measure but it was to no avail since then i av been. One need to be extra careful when it comes to key bcos if there s no key, there is no entrance. Keep ur key well.
karman383

Activity: 384
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:30:45 PM

You need to keep your wallet key in more than one place, for example you can keep it on hardware or software like inside your computer or like airdrop, take a white paper and maybe you need storage like an app that provides your key wallet storage.
Keep in mind, Keep away from those around you who know you have a cryptocurrency wallet.
Mofazzal840

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:32:10 PM

Actually  i have kept my private keys in written form in my personal diary and its the safest way to keep your private keys. Saving in Computer or laptop is risky because if it gets damaged you will lose all documents. So best if to keep your private keys in written form.It is the best idea to me. Wink : Smiley
trimulia

Activity: 518
Merit: 101

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 04:32:59 PM

someone must know how to back up this, save private key or JSON and passwors it will keep safe

nightxglow

Activity: 700
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:45:17 PM

As long as i know, there's no way to retrieve the key back, so once we lost and forget it, then it may be gone forever.
For me, i save the private key in many safe places, usually i put all of my password or important thing in one place because i forget easily, but kinda risky since if i lost it, i lost all.
That's why i make many backups. I think i'll be fine as long as the hackers won't try to hack my computer or my phone and find that document.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
xraisers

Activity: 266
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 04:47:45 PM

It's impossible to recover a private key after its lost. The best thing to do is save your private keys in different places. Make sure they are saved securely. You can write it down on a paper and store the paper securely somewhere. I have seen different opinions regarding the idea of private keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: