Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 10:26:11 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
clonely

Activity: 490
Merit: 10

SEND AND RECEIVE MONEY INSTANTLY

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:18:08 PM

In the future I think that the lost Bitcoins will reach a large number in this way. I think it has to found some way of that problem.

Whoever mines the block which ends up containing your transaction will get its fee.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
melted349

Activity: 462
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:18:50 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
It is advisable that you print your private key and store it in a safe place. Also, you can save it in your memory stick and make sure that no  one will open that memory stick except you. Don't trust anyone about your private key and also password and secret code.
for what are you can be comfortable with then this is may ever be possible for you to make all the things and getting this to become more better about , for your security it was always depends on you.
vachellie

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:48:04 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

Your private key will safe if you not visiting any suspicious web, better to keep your private key on paper or anything except in your computer / anything that can connect to internet.
There is nothing you can do if you lost private key.
acreed

Activity: 69
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:53:49 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ?
Never save your private key in your device, it's better to note your private key on paper

Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?

Sadly you can't access your wallet if lost your private key, keep that in save place if didn't want that happen to you

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
tanghere02

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:12:06 PM

I wrote down my private keys on a small notebook and kept it in a safe box so no one will ever see snd touch it. And sad to say there are no other ways to retrieve them if ever you lost them.

▄▄█████████▄▄                         ▄█▄                ▀██████▄                   ▄██████▀
        ▄█████████████████▄▄                    ▄███▄                 ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀
         ▀███████████████████▄                 ▄█████▄                  ▀██████             ██████▀
           █▀▀       ▀▀████████▄              ▄███████▄                   ██████▄         ▄██████
  ▄█▄                    ▀██████▄            ▄█████████▄                   ▀██████▄     ▄██████▀
 ▄████▄                    ▀█████▄          ▄███████████▄                    ███████▄ ▄███████
▄█████▀                     ▀█████▄        ▄██████▀██████▄                     █████▀▀▀█████▀
██████                       ██████       ▄██████   ██████▄                     ▀█▀     ▀█▀
██████                       ██████      ▄██████     ██████▄                     █       █
██████                       ██████     ▄██████       ██████▄                   ▄█▄     ▄█▄
▀██████▄                    ▄█████▀    ▄██████         ██████▄                ▄█████▄▄▄█████▄
 ▀██████▄                  ▄█████▀    ▄██████                                ███████▀ ▀███████
  ▀██████▄               ▄██████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████▀     ▀██████▄
   ▀████████▄▄       ▄▄████████▀    ▄██████                               ▄██████         ██████▄
     ▀███████████████████████▀     ▄██████                 ██████▄      ▄██████▀           ▀██████▄
       ▀▀█████████████████▀▀      ▄██████                   ██████▄   ▄██████▀               ▀██████▄
           ▀▀█████████▀▀         ▄██████                     ██████▄▄██████▀                   ▀██████▄
  O HOLD YOUR
OWN KEYS!
  O   O [SUCCESS   
RAISE
US$18mil+]
hubballi

Activity: 882
Merit: 297

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:35:16 PM

I have saved my private keys other important wallets and important documents every thing I have saved them in a book,in a pen drive and I have created a email I'd which I just used to upload this all important wallets and documents and never use for any other purpose. So this type I have secured my all important documents and wallet's in multi place and I have informed about it to my wife so that in future she can take benefit when I am not their.

vvaswert

Activity: 123
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:04:09 PM

A very bad situation would be if I forgot a password one day. Everything will lose in a minute. That's why I keep a password handwriting, I have a married picture in the circle, I write on the back and hang on the wall. Safe too.
ololajulo

Activity: 2226
Merit: 270

Chainjoes.com

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:06:47 PM

I dont think alternatives are provided for retrieval of private keys

█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
CHAIN JOES
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
|
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
📝
Marjo04

Activity: 408
Merit: 100

www.bitpaction.com

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:34:17 PM

No other way to retrieve if you lost your private key.we must really careful for our private key.its a big lose if that will happen.i wrote my private key in my private notebook.i print also my private key.i also create secret file and save it.

Nanashev

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:03:05 PM

HMMMMMMM Angry! Forget or lose you private key and you are doomed forever. Also keep it safe and do not give it out because scrammers and fraud are prowling round like a roaring lion............Trust me, you can easily lose all your coins
pay_scotty

Activity: 30
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:42:21 AM

Well it can be problematic if you lose your keys. You will lose your  coins forever if you lose your private keys. The best way is to write it down or print it on a paper and store it somewhere safe. Don't make it too obvious that its a private key. Also others suggesting to store it in a flash drive isn't actually the best thing to do. Every electronic device wears out as time goes by. So it becomes risky as you flash drive might stop working. Another good idea is to store it on the internet using the cloud or some other form that allows you to access your information with just internet connection.
yoshua27

Activity: 28

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:53:16 AM

if you forget the key then you can not get into bitcoin wallet because the key is how to keep your account safe
ammo121810

Activity: 325
Merit: 136

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 04:55:38 AM

If someone loose or forgot the key of their bitcoin it only means its the end of their hard earned investments. Key is the important protection of every wallet of investors without it you cannot make transaction buying and selling of bitcoin. So it better to secure back-ups not only 1 but lots of back up.

Obito

Activity: 1274
Merit: 293

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:33:34 AM

We are all living with full of opportunities. All things in this world we can get in some complicated ways but it is very good when you are get that. One of the factors of getting some money is to have a virtual wallet that you can use for future purposes. With this,you must remember and take care all the information about your wallet because if you lost this, everything will gone.
codered000

Activity: 120
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:41:48 AM

Once you lost your private key you won't have other means to open your wallet again. So you must keep several copies of it and don't trust fully your memory. You should print it, write it, save it in your phone and external memories but you should never ever give it to other people .
hoosen

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:06:01 PM

As far as I know you will last your access to your funds forever this is the reason why there is so many lost bitcoins in the world right now if there will be some option to recover it I think guys would recover.
LigwagGanern

Activity: 307

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:11:05 PM

To avoid forgetting they key of your bitcoin wallet make sure that your password is easy to think, make a pattern that describing your password or think a memorable part and give it a clue to become your password. Use simple password if your mind is not good in memorizing password. Make sure that you key or password is very safe from the others, don't let anyone know your password.
alkiw21

Activity: 344
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:13:41 PM

I think if you have lost the key of bitcoin wallet then they will have difficulty to access it. And it will also be very difficult to open it. So I suggest you do a backup or you can write on a piece of paper that you save safely. Because the key is a very personal and fixed. That's my opinion.
SeVenlast

Activity: 413

● KEEP CALM & HODL ●

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:23:47 PM

If you forget the key of their wallet it seems there is nothing they can do because it will be stored forever there and you lost what you have.

●    ●
 ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●   ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Magkirap

Activity: 896
Merit: 267

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:49:08 PM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ?
Print your private keys to any form of paper that you can keep for safety. Don't trust your memory even you are the champion in memory verse challenges, it isn't enough to keep your funds.

You can also create a file on a notepad and save it to a flash drive and don't use that drive to any computer that you don't own. Don't use it to public places.

Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
If you lost it, that's lost forever.
If you lost your private key and password it would gone forever. However, there are some alternative way to retrieve your wallet like putting your email so that once your forgot your password you have chance to change password it. Lastly, you can print your private key and then keep it in a safe place or create a note where you can put private key.

BIG WINNER!
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░▄███
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████
██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░
▀██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄
▀██░████████░███████░█▀
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████
▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: