Bitcoin Forum
June 30, 2024, 02:27:24 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  
Author Topic: What if someone forgot the key to their bitcoin wallet ?  (Read 1880 times)
Verde_Mantis

Activity: 336
Merit: 52

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 03:56:27 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
If you lose your seed that everything you have is lost forever. You better make more than 1 copy of the seed, preferably not in hardware, on something physical.
Jay51

Activity: 112
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:21:00 AM

It is hard to recover because private key is the most important branch of cryptocurrency so that i recomend to save to your notes to prevent.
Terra_Anon

Activity: 40

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:29:14 AM

private keys in written form in my personal diary is the safest way to keep your private keys. Saving in Computer or laptop is risky because if it gets damaged you will lose all so best if to keep your private keys in written form.

No brain is sharper than any pen, this is one thing I learned the hard way you can be the best person out there in terms of having an excellent memory but you'll never know. It's best that you have a back up ( I'd go something in writing ) for you not to forget it.
Kennedy

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 04:38:06 AM

If i forget i think i would literally sit and then cry as a first reaction, lol Grin I also think writing them down is the best back up plan cuz it’s the most simple and efficient way to me.
NavigateSamurai055

Activity: 70

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:47:00 AM

First i must say when ever you put privet key just copy them make both hard and soft copy because if you lost it you may lost everything that holds the wallet.
mahibul49

Activity: 826
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 05:55:33 AM

if you lost your private key u will gonna lose your bitcoin.i think writting it down and save in a offline file is best way to keep ur private key safe.
SilverChromia

Activity: 357
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:03:38 AM

In my opinion you can keep your bitcoin wallet safely by doing writing your privite key even in a little piece of paper but you musnt forget to keep that piece of paper in safe and make sure you are the only one can read or seen it to keep it safe always even in the future and there are other methods like getting your wallet keystore or backup that you can use to access your wallet so wont have any problems accessing it

DRIFE  ●●●●●●     Pre-sale: December 2018
██ BNEXGEN DECENTRALIZED RIDE HAILING PLATFORM ██
  ●●● Facebook ●● Twitter ●● Telegram ●● BTC ●● Whitepaper ●●● 
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:09:58 AM

Of course it is automatic that if someone has been forgotten his or her key to their Bitcoin wallet then he or she cannot be able to access its money their. So it is very important that we always secure or key to our wallet or else give it to someone we can really trust like our love ones like our wife or parents if you wanted so that if this kind of incident happen we have a back up of our key.
tsinelas

Activity: 252
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:11:05 AM

What are the measures to keep your private key safe and in memory ? Are there any alternatives to retrieve the key back ?
There's no way to get back the private key, you'll feel like it was a disaster Embarrassed  If you don't want to feel that way make sure you have a lot of copy of your key and avoid sites that requires your personal info specially private key.

▬▬▬▬▬      ▬     iCumulate         Investing in the future together           ▬      ▬▬▬▬▬
WHITEPAPER  ]     ████     PRESALE  /  Nov 30th - Dec 7th     ████     [   ONE PAGER   ]
▬      ▬▬▬▬▬     Twitter     ●     Facebook     ●     Telegram     ●     Medium     ▬▬▬▬▬      ▬
connexus

Activity: 774
Merit: 503

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 06:51:11 AM

You have to back up your private keys as many as you can to secure your wallet because if you lost your keys say goodbye to your valued investment.
ErlindaBit

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:07:06 AM

I think the most guaranteed security is to save your important files to offline storage. And there are many ways to save it because this is what I do to secure the address and private key of the wallet. And then if you really forget the wallet key, chances are you will lose what is in your wallet.
xanaxxx

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:34:46 AM

the only option is to store your private keys properly without letting other people know what it is. By other people I mean the hackers and ptential attackers. Safest way is offline in my opinion
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 07:56:35 AM

From what I know, there is no way to retrieve your Bitcoin wallet password so you have to take precautionary measures to ensure that you have some contigency plans when this unfortunate event happens. There is a lot of ways that you can do, that can secure your password at the same time have the peace of mind that you will still have access to your wallet, like printing it and put it in a safety deposit bank ruled by a will or a testament. You can save it and mail it to someone you trust with the instructions on how to access your account in cause something happens to you, there are a lot of ways, depends on how secured you want it to be or how much you trust the people around you.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
Birin016

Activity: 378
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:00:05 AM

Trusting your memory is very good, but not at this point, cause things written as your private key (letters, numbers upper and lower cases) can be confusing sometimes. The best thing to do, is, print it on a hard copy and store it in a place where only you can have access to. Making space for backup is very vital to avoid loss of money due to carelessness.
rightway00372018

Activity: 210

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:25:04 AM

Trusting your memory is very good, but not at this point, cause things written as your private key (letters, numbers upper and lower cases) can be confusing sometimes. The best thing to do, is, print it on a hard copy and store it in a place where only you can have access to. Making space for backup is very vital to avoid loss of money due to carelessness.
we should make an alternative ways to keep the private keys safe because its really difficult to memorize the key and once it will lost i think its the end of our holdings.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 08:29:45 AM

Well, I also experienced this type of scenario and when I've been lost my wallet I was so depressed because my first bitcoin was inside that wallet, there is no day that I have been thinking about my wallet. You know it is hard to change my original wallet because you start again to zero coins and I am also scared lose it again.
Lol it's too ridiculous if you  forgot your private key, start learning to be careful in storing it, maybe you can copy the private key
and save it in a safe place, and don't forget to save the backup wallet  also, if your private key is gone but you can still login with bakcup wallet,
Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:50:56 AM

I always write down the keys on paper and the box where no one else can find me.
alex.ac.ab

Activity: 60

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 09:54:46 AM

I do not like to write passwords at least where about, I usually write only associations, but if it's only a word with numbers.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:02:08 AM

I always make very complex passwords and never get to remember them the first time.  I understand that it is dangerous to leave some kind of entries in the phone or in the purse, so I always write down the passwords and only after I learn, I throw out the paper.
Jihuny23

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 12, 2018, 10:36:05 AM

In my opinion, you can remember your bitcoin wallet key by writing it on paper and then storing it in your home. You can store it in the safest place in your home and you alone can access it. It is a simple thing that you can do safely.  But if we have already lost our bitcoin key then in any way it can't come back again. Therefore we should not be careless in storing the keys of our bitcoin wallet. Or if we have people who can be trusted, for example our wives or husbands, we can tell them that when something bad happens to us then that person can still access our bitcoin keys.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 »
  Print  

Jump to: