Bitcoin Forum
May 25, 2024, 06:19:17 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  
Author Topic: MaxCoin | CPU Cloud Mining Guide | MAX VPS // has been LAUNCHED@6.2/7:30 GMT  (Read 105654 times)
CanaryDimeCoin

Activity: 45
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:07:25 PM

Does it count as "cloud mining" when you mine on your own computer?

Or is that if you mine on some service like this? https://www.digitalocean.com/?refcode=35eb2c34ba3a

Also if you have managed to get everything up and running on your own computer, how hard is it for a noob to get it up and working on a service like the above?

No its just if you do on a service like Digital ocean, you can use windows azure too.

Its not hard to do, just follow the steps described in the first page and you will mining on cloud.

Good luck Wink

I looked at the steps in the first page but they seem so complicated? I get lost at step 8-9 already...

On my computer i just needed to download the zip from 1GH and then adjust the _start.bat file with my Wallet adress.
Cant I do the same from a cloud computer that I hire on digitalocean? DO i need to go through all those steps, i dont understand them :/ Can please explain? Smiley

i supose that till step 8 you´re done.

Once you receive the user and password at yoour email, log in to your droplet via SSH (PUTTY) You can download for free. Google it.

The follow the steps. You have to tipe or copy/paste the code once per line:

8.  Relocate into the home directory
Code:
cd ~

9. sudo dd if=/dev/zero of=/swapfile bs=64M count=16 press intro and wait till its completed then tipe the next command from the 9 step.

When you finish all, change the wallet adress posted in the command line to run the miner for your adress.

Wink

Ok thansk hm Smiley lets see..

I opened Putty and put in my IP adress I got in my email.
I did not see anywhere to put in my username and password though?
Then I press ok and this pops up, should I press Yes or No, Cancel?  https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2014-02-07_153947.png

Press yes and loging with your user and password provided in your email.

log in as: root press enter and then you´ll see another line below to enter your password. Tipe the password and press enter.

Once you finish it, start with step 8 and continue with all the comands till "strip minerd" then can run the miner:

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://maxpool.1gh.com:17333 -u mRQmzB5nzqw4Lx1gvEF7uREBqPv5A6jBYJ -p x (Change the red marked adress for your wallet adress)

Done!

I got it working Smiley What about next time i log in? Do i have to repeat all the steps or what should i do then?
Congrats!!!

I never close putty and i dont know how i have to do this.

Posted in first page:
If you wish to run this in your background so it doesn't close once you drop the SSH conncetion, go ahead and use "screen"
launch screen
Code:
screen
press space, launch the miner
Code:
./minerd -a keccak -o http://pool:port -u username -p password
to restore the session when logging back in, use
Code:
screen -r
Sparkzor

Activity: 112
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:09:01 PM

Anyone knows a pool except ypool and 1gh? Smiley
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:15:14 PM

Anyone knows a pool except ypool and 1gh? Smiley

Same question here. 1gh looks down and i cant run the ypool miner on ubuntu.

Any legit pool out there? Cheesy
varagtp

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:26:52 PM

I was running 1gh pool. How do I run Ypool? Do i just need to switch out the info in the _start.bat file and if so to what?
steelmythos

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:40:31 PM

Is there any complete updated instructions for cloud mining? all in one place.
wjtoo

Activity: 2

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:42:10 PM

I was running 1gh pool. How do I run Ypool? Do i just need to switch out the info in the _start.bat file and if so to what?

Ypool is windows only :-( But if you're using Linux I guess it should be possible to use the Ypool if you install 'wine' first. This is a software package the let's you emulate a Windows environment (http://www.winehq.org/download/)

Ypool says on their website: "A Linux port of the pool miner is on the way! For the moment we ask Linux users to use wine."

Unfortunately I'm a total n00b. Maybe Instacashs knows how to switch to Ypool using 'wine' for Linux?  Smiley
bevardisxx

Activity: 8

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:51:30 PM

Ypool is windows only :-( But if you're using Linux I guess it should be possible to use the Ypool if you install 'wine' first. This is a software package the let's you emulate a Windows environment (http://www.winehq.org/download/)

Ypool says on their website: "A Linux port of the pool miner is on the way! For the moment we ask Linux users to use wine."

Unfortunately I'm a total n00b. Maybe Instacashs knows how to switch to Ypool using 'wine' for Linux?  Smiley

Need this info too, same boat here...
steelmythos

Activity: 25

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:54:01 PM

root@STEELMYTHOS:~/cpuminer# ./configure CFLAGS="-03"
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
/root/cpuminer/missing: Unknown `--is-lightweight' option
Try `/root/cpuminer/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/root/cpuminer':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
root@STEELMYTHOS:~/cpuminer#

Help please.
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 05:54:04 PM

Need this info too, same boat here...

This is what i found. If somebody knows how run the ypool maxcoin miner using wine on ubuntu, please post the steps.

Command Line Instructions for Installing Wine:

It is also possible to add the Wine PPA and install via the terminal. This may be useful on Kubuntu, Xubuntu, and other Ubuntu derivatives.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-wine/ppa

Then update APT package information by running 'sudo apt-get update'. You can now install Wine by typing 'sudo apt-get install wine1.7'.

If you'd like to browse the PPA manually, you can visit its Launchpad page.

Thanks!!
Bitcrea

Activity: 406
Merit: 250

Bitcrea.com

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:01:37 PM

Okay I just disconnected due to my computer randomly rebooted. so how do I start mining again when all of my putty connections were closed??

Thanks
fused420

Activity: 19

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:05:56 PM

root@STEELMYTHOS:~/cpuminer# ./configure CFLAGS="-03"
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking target system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /usr/bin/install -c
checking whether build environment is sane... yes
/root/cpuminer/missing: Unknown `--is-lightweight' option
Try `/root/cpuminer/missing --help' for more information
configure: WARNING: 'missing' script is too old or missing
checking for a thread-safe mkdir -p... /bin/mkdir -p
checking for gawk... no
checking for mawk... mawk
checking whether make sets $(MAKE)... yes
checking whether make supports nested variables... yes
checking whether to enable maintainer-specific portions of Makefiles... no
checking for style of include used by make... GNU
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler works... no
configure: error: in `/root/cpuminer':
configure: error: C compiler cannot create executables
See `config.log' for more details
root@STEELMYTHOS:~/cpuminer#

Help please.

./configure CFLAGS="-03" should be O3, not the number 0
varagtp

Activity: 14

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:06:45 PM

I use windows, so how do I mine ypool? Smiley
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:11:05 PM

Okay I just disconnected due to my computer randomly rebooted. so how do I start mining again when all of my putty connections were closed??

Thanks

Open putty and log in with your user and password, go to directory "cd cpuminer" and then run the miner.

Ready Wink
fused420

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:13:12 PM

A new pool has been linked on twitter, how do i point my azure windows at it? I had just got it working and pointed at 1gs, when it went down! Now it just keeps repeating that the  stratum connection failed
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:22:43 PM

A new pool has been linked on twitter, how do i point my azure windows at it? I had just got it working and pointed at 1gs, when it went down! Now it just keeps repeating that the  stratum connection failed

Same at the newone:

stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-02-07 18:17:38] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2014-02-07 18:18:38] Stratum connection failed: Connection timed out after 30034 milliseconds
[2014-02-07 18:18:38] ...retry after 30 seconds

To point Azure to a new pool just change "maxpool.1gh.com:17333" for "max.rocketpool.co.uk:3333" . In the secondone you have to create a worker. Instead your wallet adress use your worker and password. "Weblogin.Worker" and password

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://max.rocketpool.co.uk:3333 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Password

Hope it helps!
fused420

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:29:29 PM

Same at the newone:

stratum_recv_line failed
[2014-02-07 18:17:38] ...retry after 30 seconds
[2014-02-07 18:18:38] Stratum connection failed: Connection timed out after 30034 milliseconds
[2014-02-07 18:18:38] ...retry after 30 seconds

To point Azure to a new pool just change "maxpool.1gh.com:17333" for "max.rocketpool.co.uk:3333" . In the secondone you have to create a worker. Instead your wallet adress use your worker and password. "Weblogin.Worker" and password

./minerd -a keccak -o stratum+tcp://max.rocketpool.co.uk:3333 -u Weblogin.Worker -p Password

Hope it helps!

Trying it now, thanks! Smiley
CanaryDimeCoin

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:36:37 PM

MaxCoin ‏@maxcoinproject  4 min

@douchebanner @TheRocketPool I think they've been hit with a lot of traffic. I'm talking to two more pools starting up soon.
icekold

Activity: 4

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:47:19 PM

too every one having a problem with the getnewaddress command in windows cmd
i solved it by having maxcoind.exe running in one window
and running it again in a second window by ending it like this maxcoind.exe get newaddress in the second

i'm a noob it took me ages
CryptoAddict

Activity: 115
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 06:54:20 PM

I'm getting stratum connect errors on rocketpool and when I do manage to connect I get crazy high speeds that just can't be right, about 780 khash per core (ubuntu @ azure). Pool shows very low hashrate around 10-20 kh/s.

Whats uP?
snufkin

Activity: 9

View Profile
February 07, 2014, 07:02:27 PM

how i can get my payment adresse ? !!!!!!  Huh Huh Huh
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 [28] 29 30 31 »
  Print  

Jump to: