Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 02:30:26 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Warning: One or more bitcointalk.org users have reported that they strongly believe that the creator of this topic is a scammer. (Login to see the detailed trust ratings.) While the bitcointalk.org administration does not verify such claims, you should proceed with extreme caution.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSED] Ninja Group Buy #5 - QTY 8 Gridseed LA6M 48Mhash Scrypt [0/160]  (Read 22356 times)
dyland

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

We must become the pitiless censors of ourselves.

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 12:37:55 PM

Well my Pis were crashing more than the Tp Link, and then they trash the SD card some of the time, so remote reboot is risky.  They did run really fast on the Pi.  I tried running them on a beaglebone and it worked and was very stable, but the performance was lower for some reason.  I'll try on a linux PC next, so far my experience with these Gridseed units continues to be frustrating.

Have you tried this?

https://litecointalk.org/index.php?topic=9908.msg139447#msg139447

I don't know if it works since my Raspberry didn't seem to crash before, but others are reporting it fixes the issue.

That seems to have done the trick, my miners at home are now stable.  We will be procuring 8 Raspberry Pis for this group buy.  Hopefully we can recover the cost of the Pis by selling off the TP Link controllers.

In an effort to maybe increase total earnings since you have had to come out a bit more in cost to get these stable... I have found these gridseeds can easily run at 850 frequency and hit 383 KH/s without a fan and no worries of overheating as long as their is some ambient airflow. We seem to be running at about 300 kh/s now per device on average... as long as you have either the optmized cpuminer that runs ~8w per device or cgminer, you should be able to get those kinds of results easily.

That would be a jump to over 61 MH/s on average. A 27% increase just by changing to 850.

I'm going to need your help when I get my LA3m. I take it I should order a raspberry pi and toss the controller I get?

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
suklee

Activity: 67
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 13, 2014, 02:30:41 PM

I'm still a bit confused after our previous PM exchanges... the GB 5 page says 0.01483 per share * 4 shares = 0.05932, but the payment that came in was 0.0593.

On the other hand for GB 4, each share = 0.0186598190 * 20 = 0.37319638, but I got 0.3732 which is slightly more than I'm supposed to receive.  Huh

Bump  Smiley
FrankToil

Activity: 20
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 12:04:50 AM

Hello Fellow Owners.

You might have seen the IPython notebook revenue estimator that I posted in these forums a few weeks back. I've now turned that into a standalone website that enables you to estimate your current returns from participating in the group buys.

Have a look at: http://coininaflaskopenshift-franktoil.rhcloud.com/

For your privacy, all info specific to your situation is NOT stored on the server. Rather it is stored in an encrypted cookie in your browser.

Have Fun!

FrankToil
suchmoon
Legendary

Activity: 3682
Merit: 8934

https://bpip.org

View Profile WWW
March 14, 2014, 01:12:26 AM

Hello Fellow Owners.

You might have seen the IPython notebook revenue estimator that I posted in these forums a few weeks back. I've now turned that into a standalone website that enables you to estimate your current returns from participating in the group buys.

Have a look at: http://coininaflaskopenshift-franktoil.rhcloud.com/

For your privacy, all info specific to your situation is NOT stored on the server. Rather it is stored in an encrypted cookie in your browser.

Have Fun!

FrankToil

I think you are doing something wrong with GB5. Why is its "Incremental Revenue so far" negative? GB4 looks about right.
FrankToil

View Profile
March 14, 2014, 10:06:08 PM

I'll have a look....
FrankToil

View Profile
March 15, 2014, 12:36:07 PM

I think you are doing something wrong with GB5. Why is its "Incremental Revenue so far" negative? GB4 looks about right.

OK, I think I have an answer, albeit not a particularly useful one.

After PMing with MWNinja, the information displayed in the "Total BTC Paid" field for GB5 (which is what I scrape) comes from the API of the mining pool. So far, so good. Unfortunately, several pools have been tried at first in search of maximizing income, and the revenue from other pools isn't included in that field.

That's why you are seeing negative incremental income, since the "Total Earnings" field in the weekly field includes all income.

MWNinja suggested incorporating the info from the blockchain into my calculation (via json output from https://blockchain.info/address/1B5HnZQBAUx4TRWE9rN3jrF7up9Rs49iyi ). That is (of course) quite possible, but my scraping code does not deal with that at present.

Let me see what I can do but no promises. (This is a volunteer effort, after all. If you have Python skills and are willing to help out, I am fine with giving you access to my git repository...)

FrankToil
terrabyte

View Profile
March 16, 2014, 08:20:20 AM

MWNinja,
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing my name on the owners' list for 1 share?
A purchase was made/posted here on Feb 17th.
Thanks.
dyland

View Profile
March 18, 2014, 03:10:08 PM

Selling two pairs linked shares in GB4 and GB5 for .45BTC each

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=491659.20

Blackcoin ~ 10 second transactions (fastest coin) ~ 100% proof of stake (the first) ~ No wasteful mining (most efficient)
MWNinja (OP)

Activity: 630
Merit: 500

View Profile WWW
March 21, 2014, 12:39:36 AM

Fixed and dividends sent. 

MWNinja,
I'm sorry, but I'm not seeing my name on the owners' list for 1 share?
A purchase was made/posted here on Feb 17th.
Thanks.
flounderella

Activity: 350
Merit: 250

Bitcoin Evengelist

View Profile
March 21, 2014, 02:51:59 AM

We should just mine at Wafflepool, they automatically mine the most profitable coin, trade it for BTC and send them to the miners, all for just 1% (Middlecoin is 3.38%)

I have the exchange/payout system fully automated, no point paying any extra fees.  The problem is that these miners don't do well on high difficulty shares, which is all you can get with Wafflepool, middlepool, or clevermining.  There's a lack of transparency (what coin are we really mining?) that is also troubling. We're going to experiment with a few different pools (I already tried all the easy ones that convert for us, pretty disappointing). Really though we would be doing much better right now solo mining.  I'm looking at a node.js based stratum server, looks like we can have a private pool up and running pretty quickly.

Were you able to find a good multipool with low difficulty?
Flep182
Legendary

Activity: 938
Merit: 1007

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 07:14:45 AM

Clevermining has been doing a terrific job the last few days. Sometimes peaking above 200% for LTC!
dyland

View Profile
April 22, 2014, 01:17:53 PM

Clevermining has been doing a terrific job the last few days. Sometimes peaking above 200% for LTC!

of course i lose half my hashing power on one of those days because of a technical issue...

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 25, 2014, 09:50:11 PM

This group is temporarily down for maintenance.  We are improving the packaging, removing fans, and updating the controller firmware.  We should have everything back up and running in a few days.
MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 04:34:34 PM

We are back up and stronger and more stable than ever.  In light of groups #1 -#4 winding up, we will have to charge a small power fee to this group buy for members that do not have shares in groups #6.  This will be our actual power costs, nothing major, around $2 per share, to be billed when the power bill arrives. Owners that have shares in group #6 to cover this will still get free hosting.
dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:29:24 PM

Great. Thanks.
dyland

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 05:50:33 PM

Thanks also Ninja.

I think I chose one of the worst possible times to get into mining, but hey' that's life.

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
April 28, 2014, 08:16:40 PM

Despite the headaches, long nights, and financial loss.... I would still do it all over again. I wholeheartedly believe in crypto-currency, and mining is how you get to have your "vote" and actually participate in the system.

Fingers crossed that May will bring some reasonable gains to take away some of the pain.

Thanks also Ninja.

I think I chose one of the worst possible times to get into mining, but hey' that's life.

dunchy

Activity: 299

View Profile
April 28, 2014, 08:45:35 PM

Yea guys..

It feels like running on machine-guns armed with a knife but  ...

"Tree of liberty has to refreshed by the blood of patriots ..."... (Disclaimer:  Not an 'mErican, so forgive me if I'm not quoting him right)

I'll be holding the line until I'm left without my stash or electricity Smiley

MWNinja (OP)

View Profile WWW
May 07, 2014, 04:14:31 AM

We're thinking the smart move is to ebay as many of these as we can right now and switch the group to one of the A2 60Mhash miners.  If we can sell them quickly enough we should be able to net enough funds for the upgrade.  What sayeth the group?
daemonfox

View Profile
May 07, 2014, 04:28:39 AM

We're thinking the smart move is to ebay as many of these as we can right now and switch the group to one of the A2 60Mhash miners.  If we can sell them quickly enough we should be able to net enough funds for the upgrade.  What sayeth the group?

I would be for it. Any thought to giving the group owners a chance to buy some first then eBay?

H

¦¦¦                 
            ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
          ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦       
        ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦         
      ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦           ¦           
     ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦                     ¦¦   
    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦        ¦¦¦¦ 
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦
   ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦  
   ¦¦¦¦¦    ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦ 
  ¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦¦   ¦¦¦¦¦¦