Bitcoin Forum
May 08, 2024, 10:03:57 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
LuceBeauchamp

Activity: 5
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:09:30 AM

yes. i will

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
According to NIST and ECRYPT II, the cryptographic algorithms used in Bitcoin are expected to be strong until at least 2030. (After that, it will not be too difficult to transition to different algorithms.)
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Shinpako09
Legendary

Activity: 1988
Merit: 1015

View Profile
July 19, 2018, 08:43:57 AM

If you really want to gain in short term maybe just part of your btc. You don't need to trade all of your btc into altcoin. Since alts is way cheaper, partial of your btc will do. Others also said, there's more profit in altcoin trading so it's not bad at all if you want to. As long as your move is always right or atleast you can lessen your error.
yetiripper

Activity: 250
Merit: 100

The Future Of Work

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:35:19 AM

Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
yes, I agree that alternative cryptocurrency is way more risky than bitcoin is so unless you are experienced enough you should not trade alternatives in a big amount.
alminium

Activity: 112
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:49:16 AM

I think Bitcoin is perfect for us to invest in the long term. People who have invested their money in Bitcoin, will hold their coins up to a maximum increase in Bitcoin prices. If the Altcoin price is believed to decrease. I will convert half my Bitcoin to Altcoin.
rumexx

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 09:53:27 AM

I will but not with all my bitcoin. Before I do that there must be an insider information concerning the altcoin that i want invest in. Based on the information then will decide how much i am selling of my bitcoin to buy the altcoin. All iam after is profit and keeping my portfolio green.
Ronaldcoin2017

Activity: 1148
Merit: 300

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:17:31 AM

I will but not with all my bitcoin. Before I do that there must be an insider information concerning the altcoin that i want invest in. Based on the information then will decide how much i am selling of my bitcoin to buy the altcoin. All iam after is profit and keeping my portfolio green.
I think there is no harm in trying. Doing such thing will maybe ending as profit. I believe that we can gain a huge amount on crypto if we try to do good decision of choosing a good coin. Altcoin is also profitable investment, I think we need to try to make buy on it for good.
Namara

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 04:08:16 PM

Day by day my bitcoin charge is melting, and I see us the prices going down, my trust and bitcoin goes down as well. So I think maybe I should look on some Alt coins to buy.
kaisa

Activity: 560
Merit: 145

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:55:42 PM

this is a problem-solving for now, buying bitcoin for altcoin trading with the purpose of collecting bitcoin for the future is a smart idea. I think this will be interesting when many people have the same idea to trade altcoin.
trading like this will not make us afraid to lose money, because the focus is to collect bitcoin. and when bitcoin rises, selling bitcoin will profitably double.
znaneswar

Activity: 46

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 06:09:48 PM

Buying alt coins by trading with Bitcoin is good idea when the alt coin satisfies some factors like good team, good roadmap/project, community etc. But trading is better when Bitcoin price is raising Because all alt coins follow Bitcoin, when BTC price is dropping, alts drop even more so at this situation Bitcoin is safe or USDT
Blackmoon84

Activity: 18

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:09:41 PM

It is obvious thing that quantities over quality works best in the crypto currency market. As you explained with an example that how little volatile can help boost the earning for heavy quantities of X coin that we are holding. Its all about the smart math applied here. Bitcoin on the other hand has got huge value right now and practically a general investor can not really buy more than single bitcoin in a day! That is also a lot but just consider an example. Then also if it moves by X % then the profit would be so much less. So yeah follow that strategy and we are good to go for the profits.
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:14:24 PM

Maybe yes, but only in very rare occasions, in this year BTC is a true king, it feels much better in the market if we compare it with alts.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
akosipepot

Activity: 377
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:19:55 PM

I think it is a good choice to trade altcoin rather than bitcoin for short term since the volatility of altcoin is much higher than bitcoin, as you said that bitcoin is good for long term investment and I agree on that. Bitcoin is similar with gold in our real world that will be good for long term investment.

Yes, and like you suggest Bitcoin is a long term asset with real value and as such I would not trade BTC to buy Altcoins as I htink that's quite risky.
drachman

Activity: 756
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:51:38 AM

Unless you are a very experienced trader, I strongly suggest you not to do that.
Altcoins pose substantial risks, even in day trading: subpar exchanges, vulnerabilities of all sorts, poor liquidity that can damage your profits.
Greed is good, but I think you can fulfill it with bitcoin.
My two cents,
F1
It depends on the altcoins you are trading, some of the major alts have already a market cap that is very high and should be traded in the biggest and best exchanges so there is no risk with those coins except the risk inherent to any market and the risk generated by your skill or lack of skill, but I think that those that do not have a lot of experience in trading should try to make money in bitcoin first before moving to more volatile coins.
stefany101

Activity: 616
Merit: 103

A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:31:50 PM

If i see that bitcoin's price is falling then I will trade my bitcoins for altcoins, in order for me to avoid big losses and I will convert it again on bitcoins once the price back to normal or become stable again.

M!R△CLE TELE     BRINGING MAGIC TO THE TELECOM INDUSTRY     JOIN US NOW!
▐▐   40% Biweekly Rewards     ▬▬▬   Calls at €0.2   ▬▬▬     Traffic from €0.01 worldwide   ▌▌
▬▬▬▬▬▬   ANN  Lightpaper  Bounty  Facebook  Twitter  Telegram   ▬▬▬▬▬▬
magmar

Activity: 476
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:48:45 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

It relies upon the altcoins you are exchanging, a portion of the real alts have as of now a market top that is high and ought to be exchanged the greatest and best trades so there is no hazard with those coins aside from the hazard natural to any market and the hazard created by your aptitude or absence of expertise
racingboy

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 02:08:03 PM

This is one of my strategy,
As you've said BTCTC is a long-term investment
so by using BTCTC as your capital in day trading
it could double the profit Smiley
captaincomet

Activity: 420

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:10:12 PM

Investing isn't about everyday income, it's a long-term game (unless it's an ICO flipping). And yea, trading alts can make you more BTC
ervinmadureri

Activity: 302
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:24:57 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
At the moment I think we should only trade bitcoin, you can see that after a very strong recovery many days in a row, at the current price bitcoin has started to fall sharply. I think that this time you should only invest in bitcoin to reduce risk as bicoin prices increase and altcoin prices decrease due to capitalization on bitcoin.
turkandjaydee

Activity: 1456
Merit: 567

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 01:22:16 AM

At the moment I think we should only trade bitcoin, you can see that after a very strong recovery many days in a row, at the current price bitcoin has started to fall sharply. I think that this time you should only invest in bitcoin to reduce risk as bicoin prices increase and altcoin prices decrease due to capitalization on bitcoin.
What i can say is just focus on bitcoin when it started to move (i mean like the current situation), and sell your bitcoin and go to altcoin when bitcoin goes sideways and altseason is coming.
There are 3 rules in crypto market, btc up = alt down, btc down = alt down, btc sideways = alt up.
zanezane

Activity: 868
Merit: 150

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 03:42:05 AM

What i can say is just focus on bitcoin when it started to move (i mean like the current situation), and sell your bitcoin and go to altcoin when bitcoin goes sideways and altseason is coming.
There are 3 rules in crypto market, btc up = alt down, btc down = alt down, btc sideways = alt up.

And we're now in the trend of bitcoin up while the alts are down. We might see the start of bullrun of bitcoin but not for the alts and seems bitcoin will leave the alts on the floor. Actually, I'm dying to see this yet my portfolios are on alts. I'm dead now. Grin

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: