Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 01:32:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Will you trade Bitcoin to buy Altcoins?  (Read 4088 times)
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 11:10:43 AM

yes, if you are a good trader then you can gain more profit than long term investment even the market is down you can still make profit because some altcoins are increase.

It is a common myth that Bitcoin is ruled by a majority of miners. This is not true. Bitcoin miners "vote" on the ordering of transactions, but that's all they do. They can't vote to change the network rules.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
TedMosby

Activity: 1120
Merit: 437

https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=5274318.0

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 03:24:52 PM

I feel more comfortable when holding bitcoin rather than altcoins. bitcoin is a long term investment for me. however, I want to make daily profit too, but I hate daily trading. I dont have enough skill to read the chart, to predict the market. all that I can do for trading is only read the news. now I have a small mining rig, I hope it can be the solution of my problem.
DarkIT

Activity: 1176
Merit: 252

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 05:26:31 PM

I feel more comfortable when holding bitcoin rather than altcoins. bitcoin is a long term investment for me. however, I want to make daily profit too, but I hate daily trading. I dont have enough skill to read the chart, to predict the market. all that I can do for trading is only read the news. now I have a small mining rig, I hope it can be the solution of my problem.
well, I've done that, and of course I'm benefiting from it. for now, I think so many are doing this. even by selling bitcoin, we can get altcoin that can make us get big profit when the price goes up.

░░▄▄███▄▄
██████████
████
█████░░░░
██████████▄▄██████▄▄
███████████████████████▄▄
████
█████████▀▀███████
██████████████░░░░░████
████
█████████▄▄███████
█████
█████████████████
█▀▀
████
███▀▀███████▀▀
████
░░░░░████▀
███████▄▄▄▀▀

░░▀▀███▀▀
CPLAY - IDO█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
   O N E   E C O S Y S T E M   F O R   A L L   
Y O U R   C R Y P T O   N E E D S
████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
A P P   S T O R E
W A L L E T
A D S T A T I O N
2 F A   S H I E L D
▄▄▄███████▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
▀███████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀███████▀▀▀
Adrin

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 04:33:26 PM

If you know how to start cryptocurrency trading so you can start cryptocurrency trading but if you don't know how to start cryptocurrency trading, I just suggest you must learn about cryptocurrency and must follow coinmarketcap and analyses which is the very good coin. Then you can start cryptocurrency trading. If you want to buy Bitcoin but at the moment I just suggest you must buy too many altcoins because Bitcoin is a very popular and more valuable coin in this digital world so you need to buy altcoin, if you want to make a huge money in this cryptocurrency market. If you don't buy altcoin you can't make a good profit in this online industry so at first analyze market then start buying altcoin.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 04:58:47 PM

I think that with proper strategy you can make huge profit by trading altcoins, so there is nothing wrong in trading bitcoin. As some of these altcoins have got the potential to make x50 or x100 and may be even more.

ajochems

Activity: 1305
Merit: 511

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 06:59:11 PM

The profit which I had got from bitcoin investments.Still now,the price of bitcoin is on the top .It is due to the investors in bitcoin.The people who had invested their money in bitcoin,will hold their coin till maximum rise in the price of bitcoin.If the price of trusted altcoin is reduced ,I will convert my half of bitcoin into that altcoin.

████▄██████████▄
███▄████████████
▄███▀
████
████
████
▀███▄
███▀████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██████████▄
████████████
███████████▀███▄
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
▀███▄███████████
████████████████
████▀██████████▀

▄██▄█████████▄██▄
▀████▄█████▄████▀
▀████▄▄████▀
███████████
▄███▀█████▀███▄
█████████████████
█████████████████
█████████████████
▀███████████████▀

▄███████████████▄
█████████████████
████▀███▀██████▀
███████▄█████▀
████▄▄██████████▄
▀▀██████▀███████
▄██████▄███▄████
█████▀██████████
▀██▀███▀████████▀

████▄███████████
████████████████
▄███▀███████████
███████████████
██████████████
████████████████
███████████▄███▀
████████████
▀██████████▀
████████
██
██
██
██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
██
██

██
██
██
████████
|
Listed
on
BINANCE
KUCOIN
Gate.io
|
Herbys

Activity: 238
Merit: 6

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:02:49 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?

When Bitcoin goes down to 5K, you definitely need to buy it, because it is more volatile and has a larger capitalization.
If you buy an altcoy and it will happen with him a hundred, Bitcoin will not do it, but if on the contrary - the market can not endure such shocks.
Bitkion acts as a shoe against shocks.
djselery
Legendary

Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 07:18:16 PM

Yes, I am doing this daily almost. There are many promising and valuable altcoins which have good potential, and buying them now while the market is down is our best opportunity in my opinion. Bitcoin is also valuable but we can holding it in addition to investing in the best altcoins as well, and diversifying our crypto portfolio.
siagh357

Activity: 143
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:45:42 PM

I have done this several times and I really benefited from it. If there is a coin that has a potential of becoming a great coin, and you have funds tied up in bitcoin which seems going down each day, why wont you sell to buy altcoins.
Reid

Activity: 2884
Merit: 642

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 08:56:29 PM

No.
Anytime it could be the worse decision if ever bitcoin price goes up.
It is too much volatile and you will know when it will shoot up. Just making for that is already a hard effort done by holders.
Better to just use another capital for buying altcoins and also it takes away the risk of spending your bitcoin with gambling at trading websites.
Harley_Quinn

Activity: 382
Merit: 104

❤️❤️❤️

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:51:28 PM

For example, I have the whole principle of trading, is, there is a certain holding strategy, with which the risks of losing funds are very small.

███████           C O M P R O   F I N A N C E           ███████
The DeFi Way of Synthetic Assets & Trading
│     TELEGRAM     │      TWITTER      │       REDDIT       │      MEDIUM      │
zelda131292

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:26:02 PM

well we all are doing that kind of stuff on a daily basism, otherwise we should not be able to trade our coins, dont you think? it does not make sense

In bitcoin we trust!
denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:37:00 PM

I was looking at the possibility of investing in several Altcoins as part of my trading by selling off Bitcoins. I do feel that with proper planning and execution, the profits that could be reaped through these Altcoins by day trading in a week would be far superior to that of Bitcoin.

It is true I am talking in terms of a short term gain. BTC is certainly a long term investment but what about the short term gains? As an example, even if I invest in 1000 coins of IOTA or 10000 coins of NEM, I am assured of greater volatility in the market for these coins compared to that of BTC. If NEM makes a high on a particular day even by 0.05$ USD, I would make 0.05x10000 = 500$ USD in a day if I sell all my coins at that price.

Of course, trading does involve many other practical factors which make things not as simply as I write here. But being a pro I can simplify the complexity and say that it is certainly possible to make it so.

But will this not be a way to make decent income every day? When you invest in cryptocurrency, it is a need for one to continually observe the market trends. When one is able to understand the intricacies of the market then it is better that he takes up (day) trading.

After all it is important we make money on a regular basis apart from the long term investment isn’t it so?
I believe that at this time you can buy bitcoin and altcoin commercially, the market is showing signs of strong recovery as bitcoin prices are steadily declining in recent days, at this time. The market is showing signs of recovery and in my analysis, bitcoin prices may continue to rise to $ 7000 in the coming days. So you can rest assured when trading altcoin these days.
developer101dev

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:06:48 AM

I will be always preferring to use bitcoins more than altcoins by comparing the growth of cryptocurrency and potential in the market, bitcoins will be always the best to invest because it is more profitable due to higher demand in the market.
MMS2017

Activity: 546
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 05:31:29 AM

Not now i do not want to trade bitcoin for altcoin and it is easy to buy now altcoin and through this way we can become rich and both bitcoin and altcoin are profitable and precious as now the prices of bitcoin is recovering i hope that in the near future price will be good.

❰❰❰ GREENPAPER █████   TERRAGREEN   █████  ANN THREAD ❱❱❱
●●● ▬▬ Facebook  ❰❰❰  Blockchain Based Renewable Energy Platform  ❱❱❱  LinkedIn ▬▬ ●●●
Telegram Twitter    ICO Website    Reddit    Medium
xvids

Activity: 1176
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 06:05:48 AM

Yes if I would surely get a profit from it I would definitely do it,
But right now alt-coin is also dropping down so for me I would really have to be careful in where I would put my money to gain some profit.

denisaardelean

Activity: 322

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:18:51 AM

I definitely will and that's what I'm currently doing. I hold more altcoins rather than Bitcoin. The price of BTC now is still the highest in the market and I believe that I will have more profit in the future if I'll invest my money in quality altcoins so whenever I have BTC, I use it to buy more altcoins.
I do not think like you, you can see that the market is bearish in the long run, so the trade at this time is very difficult, bitcoin price despite the recovery, but I The price of bitcoin will not be able to pass the $ 7000 mark. So in order to be able to secure a profit and minimize risk I think you should only trade short-term bitcoin.
Rana590

Activity: 1750
Merit: 267

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 09:37:32 AM

I can suggest you some advice. Don't trade without much experience. Trading with altcoin is so risky. There is a chance to loss your capital also. In this case, you should need more information and experience.
nightways

Activity: 434
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 10:12:48 AM

Yes.If the price of Bitcoin is maximum.I will convert my holding bitcoin into the trusted altcoin.Then holding both the remaining bitcoin and altcoin for my future.If the price increase,it will good news for the holding people.We can easily convert Bitcoin into Altcoin.
It seem always better to hold more bitcoin s or tether when the market is struggling (as it currently is). A mere 10 percent drop on the price of bitcoin  will  often lead to  up-to 15-20 percent drop in the value of most altcoins
I will follow the strategy to trade with Altcoin in the beginning because I will get experience from it as it is a short term trading processes so I will perform many times in little time which will give me experience. I will be able to upgrade to the Bitcoin after getting experience from the short term Altcoin trading which will make me able to get huge profit. Even if I lose in Altcoin trading it will not be huge loss and I will learn how to act according to that situation which is experience.
adzino
Copper Member

Activity: 2968
Merit: 574

www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:05:07 PM

Easy to say "I will make $500 in a day if the price jumps by only $0.05" but hard to execute. If it was that easy, we would have seen multiple people doing the same thing and thus easy money for everyone. But do we see them? Nope, cause it is actually not that easy. You are just considering about the price rise, but what if the price falls by $0.05? You would be losing $0.05 in matter of seconds.
It is true that you altcoins give more opportunity in making profit than bitcoin, but the risk associated with day trading is what holding people back.

█████████████████████████
███████▄▄▀▀███▀▀▄▄███████
████████▄███▄████████
█████▄▄█▀▀███▀▀█▄▄█████
████▀▀██▀██████▀██▀▀████
████▄█████████████▄████
███████▀███████▀███████
████▀█████████████▀████
████▄▄██▄████▄██▄▄████
█████▀▀███▀▄████▀▀█████
████████▀███▀████████
███████▀▀▄▄███▄▄▀▀███████
█████████████████████████
 CRYPTOGAMES 
 Catch the winning spirit! 
█▄░▀███▌░▄
███▄░▀█░▐██▄
▀▀▀▀▀░░░▀▀▀▀▀
████▌░▐█████▀
████░░█████
███▌░▐███▀
███░░███
██▌░▐█▀
PROGRESSIVE
      JACKPOT      
██░░▄▄
▀▀░░████▄
▄▄▄▄██▀░░▄▄
░░░▀▀█░░▀██▄
███▄░░▀▄░█▀▀
█████░░█░░▄▄█
█████░░██████
█████░░█░░▀▀█
LOW HOUSE
         EDGE         
██▄
███░░░░░░░▄▄
█▀░░░░░░░████
█▄░░░░░░░░█▀
██▄░░░░░░▄█
███▄▄░░▄██▌
██████████
█████████▌
PREMIUM VIP
 MEMBERSHIP 
DICE   ROULETTE   BLACKJACK   KENO   MINESWEEPER   VIDEO POKER   PLINKO   SLOT   LOTTERY
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 »
  Print  

Jump to: