Bitcoin Forum
June 22, 2024, 05:46:39 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Is USDT Tether safe?  (Read 23438 times)
indriasyifa

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 03:35:26 PM

in my view, USDT and BTC have ties that are tied to each other, the pattern is that USDT will become access to BTC trade, meaning that BTC will only be sold or bought in the form of USDT, and no longer use real money like USD. this causes the BTC Price to be greatly influenced by the addition of USDT.

BITWINGS - Guaranteed worth $0.20
Minephone - First smartphone that produces up to 2 ETH/month (http://minephone.bitwings.org)
btccrusher

Activity: 742
Merit: 12

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2019, 04:42:38 PM

What do you mean by safe? 1 Tether is always 1 Tether. Theoretically, 1 Theter should be equal to 1 US dollar. This is to eliminate the high volatility involved in the cryptosphere. There is doubt about the reserved fund for USDT, but I think it's safe enough to hold this currency if you don't want to increase or decrease portfolio.
goigiacmove

Activity: 121
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:15:21 PM

I think it is safe, despite there was drama in 2018 that USDT over-printed in order to support bitcoin bull run in late of 2017. Nevertheless, by now, everything has been on right track, and I still thought that Tether USD is good. There are more alternative for Tether USD, and investors can choose one of them for their interests, USDT, USDC. Additionally, even with USDT, people can choose different network to do their transactions.
Averim

Activity: 515

View Profile
July 14, 2019, 06:18:44 PM

Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
Usually printing more money are bad signs, i don't believe there will be good news regarding USDT.
goigiacmove

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 03:13:55 AM

Usually printing more money are bad signs, i don't believe there will be good news regarding USDT.
It is just a drama, that repeatedly makes alive over time, in order to force the price of bitcoin falling down as deeply as possible, and if can have significant impacts on general crypto market (massively massacre), it is fine, too. So, whenever such kind of drama occurs, you should know that price will highly falls down, but the interesting point is some weeks or months later, they all will recover so well to where they start to decrease. That's all you need to know, USDT, USDC, USD X, or whatsoever USD z, it does not make sense if you know those basic rules of whales' price manipulation efforts.
Mihaylovic

Activity: 910
Merit: 255

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:37:11 AM

i dont think so. nd i dont understand the usage of usdt. why would i buy usdt instead of exchanging my coins to usd and put o my bank account.
isn't usd safer than usdt?
goigiacmove

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 07:52:40 AM

i dont think so. nd i dont understand the usage of usdt. why would i buy usdt instead of exchanging my coins to usd and put o my bank account.
isn't usd safer than usdt?
Basically, one USDT is back by one USD. Crypto enthusiasts would like to use USDT because they can fastly move USDT around exchanges, and use them to buy bitcoin or altcoins. There are very limited nations and exchanges that allow you to cash out bitcoin directly to USD or other fiats. There is nothing completely safe, Tether USD is not an exception.
The3max

Activity: 317
Merit: 100

https://leasehold.io/

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 08:43:59 AM

I think it's safe. I am a trader, and when I feel the market is volatile, I use measures to put my money on usdt, it makes me feel safe. My assets are not changed if the market is bad. Besides USDT is linked to USD so strong value change will not happen

EXtremeAEX

Activity: 798
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 27, 2019, 11:11:10 AM

Today, the tether continues to print 250 million tether, raising the tether's market capitalization to more than $ 2.7 billion to reach the top 10 coinmarketcap. People say that every time a tether is printed, the bitcoin price increases because the tether pumped USDT onto the floor to push the bitcoin price. What do you think about this and keep the USDT safe?
I think Tether is not safe right now. They play a bad game, so you need to be very careful. Their suspicious behavior was noticed l for a long time, but so far they manage to keep afloat. I hope that in the near future we will not overtake the collapse of Tether, because this is fraught with very sad consequences for the entire crypto market.

███████
                      ████    ████
                      ███       ███
                      ███       ███
                       ████   ███
                         ███████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
 ████████████    ██████████████████████████    █████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████

██████████████                ██████████████
     ███████████████████         ████████████████████
   ███████████████████████████████████████████████████
███████████                                     ███████                                 
   █████████████████████████████████████████████████
        ███████████████              ███████████
AUDITCHAIN
   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

READ OUR WHITEPAPER
YouTubeRedditLinkedInInstagramMedium
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
goigiacmove

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:07:21 AM

Tether now surpasses Bitcoin in market volume trade.
It means that if we don't take money traded in USDT in to account for total daily trading volume of bitcoin, bitcoin domination is much lower than what the domination of bitcoin presented on Coinmarketcap.com. It is just my guess, and not sure my thought is right. How do you think about this?
zzortyx

Activity: 588
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:28:25 AM

I use USDT but not very often. If I want to withdraw a certain amount from the crypt, I immediately sell it for USD.

MINTER - WE MINT COINS AND CREATE THE INTERNET OF MONEY
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Telegram  |  Bip Wallet  |  Twitter
hongus

Activity: 736
Merit: 100

Adoption Blockchain e-Commerce to World

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 07:31:56 AM

I use USDT but not very often. If I want to withdraw a certain amount from the crypt, I immediately sell it for USD.

This coin is not needed for withdrawing funds from cryptocurrencies. I would say it is more suitable for traders. It gives you the opportunity to wait out a small fall. And then reinvest the money with USDT because it is stable. Let's say during the crisis of 2018, this coin was very popular.

fenixosup

Activity: 115
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 08:20:28 AM

Actually USDT is too big to fale. So, i think that is relativitely save but there too much fud around it
Polar91

Activity: 1120
Merit: 553

Filipino Translator 🇵🇭

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2019, 08:31:59 AM

For me it is but I won't keep it for long term. I admit it that I'm still doubted to USDT since I don't know how it's backed by USD (how it works); all I can see is that it's being used by top crypto exchangers which is helpful for traders like me to deal with in case I feel like BTC could probably dump suddenly. I still trust BTC more than any other else.
(o)(o)ilikeboobs(o)(o)

Activity: 826
Merit: 105

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:10:32 AM

I think USDT is the second important currency in this market. One of the best way to entry is buying USDT, 2,7B is nothing compare to the whole capacity, and because recently, every coins dumping too hard, pumping more money in is might be the best way to save them and push altcoin season to come
tranquynhtien

Activity: 102

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:38:12 AM

So many big names claims that Tether is safe. But if you have an option to choose stable coin, try to avoid Tether. At least the tether is highly suspicious of not having enough money to back all tokens.
What did you imply by writing "highly suspicious of not having enough money to back all tokens."? If you have time, please explain it a little bit and in more details. If this is the truth, it will be unsafe, not only for USDT, but also for bitcoin because USDT partially used to support BTC price.
jazmuzika217

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:43:56 AM

For me it is so very risky. It is not advisable to hold USDT specially in a long term investment. Actually all of crypto is risky specially USDT this is only back up and unlike bitcoin USDT nothing proves it's power yet. So for me even bitcoin will suffer in dump situation I will still trust and invest in BTC rather than USDT. But remember that nothing is safe in this industry.
xtraelv
Legendary

Activity: 1288
Merit: 1924

฿ear ride on the rainbow slide

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 10:51:57 AM

Tether now surpasses Bitcoin in market volume trade.
It means that if we don't take money traded in USDT in to account for total daily trading volume of bitcoin, bitcoin domination is much lower than what the domination of bitcoin presented on Coinmarketcap.com. It is just my guess, and not sure my thought is right. How do you think about this?

It shows that there is still a lot of reliance and speculation against the US$ without converting it to actual $.
Another thing it proves is that people are unperturbed by the lack of $ backing of the USDT

The fluctuations of bitcoin valued in US$ still make it difficult for commerce.

It also means people are using USDT to hedge against other crypto like Ripple, LTC and ETH without converting it to bitcoin first.

We are surrounded by legends on this forum. Phenomenal successes and catastrophic failures. Then there are the scams. This forum is a digital museum.  
* The most iconic historic bitcointalk threads.* Satoshi * Cypherpunks*MtGox*Bitcointalk hacks*pHiShInG* Silk Road*Pirateat40*Knightmb*Miner shams*Forum scandals*BBCode*
Troll spotting*Thank you to madnessteat for my custom avatar hat.
leea-1334

Activity: 2282
Merit: 953

Temporary forum vacation

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 12:01:57 PM

First of all,,, no need to worry if Tether surpasses Bitcoin. This is always going to be inflationary currency, so we always knew even $1 would go down sooner or later. Check it out now and 98 or 99 cents is already happening, sometimes as bad as 97 cents. 10 more years and 95 cents or less is not impossible.

██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
.....I AM BLACKJACK.FUN.....
█████████████░░██████████████████████████░░███████████████████
███████████████░░██████████████████████████░░█████████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░███████████████
█████████████████░░░░░░░░░░██░░██░░░░░░░░░░██░░███████████████
███████████████████░░░░░░██░░██████░░░░░░██░░█████████████████
█████████████████████░░░░░░██████████░░░░░░███████████████████

▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
cepot9

Activity: 1050
Merit: 102

Cryptocurrency addict | Invest at your own risk.

View Profile
July 28, 2019, 12:05:57 PM

USDT for me is very safe to save funds when there is a bad market or when it is good because their prices are not too volatile but are quite stable
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 »
  Print  

Jump to: