Bitcoin Forum
May 22, 2024, 03:01:26 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Good time to invest in an ICO?  (Read 2136 times)
orico (OP)

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:00:05 PM

Many ICOs have their token sold at a fixed price vs. the ETH. For example: 1 ETH = 1000 Tokens.

So does it really matter if the prices of ETH/BTC is dropping?

If anything, then buying now you get more Tokens for the $, right?
sud

Activity: 826
Merit: 301

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:15:11 PM

I'm not sure about price fixed in ETH. Most ICOs I participated pegged ETH price per coin the day crowdsale starts, so it's not like you get more when ethereum dumps. Also I'm pretty sure bitcoin price will go even lower than now, and as all altcoins follow, those new coins will also goes below ICO price. Personally I'm pausing my ICO activity now, and focus on buying good projects on exchanges.
Isaythebitcoinbitch

Activity: 36

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:20:33 PM

actually a lot of ICO set the price in $.
that's also the reason why is not so simple to use cryptocurrencies for salaries and things like that.
Cryptos are too much volatile.
however if an ICO set the price only in terms of ETH or BTC or other crypto, if the price rise and you bought the crypto before the exchange of the ICO this benefits you and your finances.  Tongue  Tongue  Tongue
PROTO_Token

Activity: 67
Merit: 1

The Next Evolution In Transaction Technology

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:26:31 PM
Last edit: September 15, 2018, 08:16:39 PM by PROTO_Token

Many ICOs have their token sold at a fixed price vs. the ETH. For example: 1 ETH = 1000 Tokens.

Orico is correct, but only if you are buying Ethereum now. The cost would be lower to exchange for Alts.
Shenzou

Activity: 1400
Merit: 283

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:27:18 PM

You said that they have their price fixed vs the ETH and that 1 ETH=1000 token that means that even if the price of the ethereum drops you still will get 1000 token for 1 ethereum no matter what the price is, means that investing now  when the price is low and investing later when the price goes up is the same thing, because you are always paying 1 ethereum for the same amount of token.
maucial

Activity: 112

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 06:30:41 PM

Most ICOs I've joined pegged their price in ETH, correct.

Always do your own research before investing in a project.

Looking at the project as a whole and looking at the team behind it, is very important to make a correct decision.

If I can give you guys my opinion, I discovered an exciting ICO that is very interesting: RAWG.

Look at this article where the team explains:

“Why the games market needs RAWG”

https://medium.com/rawg/wp-bits-1-why-the-games-market-needs-rawg-ccf039c0bae7

The ICO will start in a short period and they are at the moment in pre-ICO phase. This is the ICO site: https://token.rawg.io/. It's a video game discovery platform that converts your skills into goods and services (the site is already working, with more than 57,000 games in the database) and, which is very interesting, they have already reached the soft cap.

Have a look and get some information while doing your own research!
Eddyc

Activity: 1014
Merit: 391

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:52:25 PM

At the moment, caution is needed in any type of investment and we do not know where the market will be established. However, we can also consider it as a two-sided knife and the good side of it all is find formidable prices for a possible high in the coming months. To finish we have the factor that has been growing in recent times, in this case the scam, this factor is helping to prevent several investments in ICO and unfortunately good projects pay for it.
MAUTMALAIKAT

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 10:53:28 PM

I'm not sure they will pay such a participant. Sometimes the price can change, of course they will lose by putting a price like that. Maybe they will hold the token first before transferring to the participants because the price is so low. Then we will definitely long wait for those tokens to land in our wallets.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
khufuking

Activity: 840
Merit: 266

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:01:20 PM

If you are using already owned ETH and an ICO have fixed price vs ETH then buy now is same as buying later . But it you are putting fresh money then buy now is better than later I guess ETH already hit bottom $400 and the only way to go now is up . I have saw some ICO have there tokens fixed for $$ and have ETH price fixed at $600 to encourage people to join . There is a huge depression in the market, and some ICO will go the extra mile to collect there target it is definitely one of the worst time in crypto .
Psychee

Activity: 28

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:35:14 PM

maybe but I'm not sure because the best thing that can come up is to invest in Socratus
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1007

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:40:40 PM

Investing in tokens that have price set in terms of $ right now might be not good when price of coins start to pump in future. Yes you are right, if you will buy some tokens that have set their prices in ETH than you will get much more token per $ but there is no guarantee that those token will be traded at same ETH price in future. Price of token after listing depend on tens of factors which is hard to list here. Just invest in coins that have good team and roadmap with achievable targets.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
VieleSind

Activity: 434
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 27, 2018, 11:40:48 PM

This time there are very few potential ICO campaigns, so it is not the right time to invest in ICO campaigns. Reviews like ICObench are so easy to get a credit rating, so I think you'd better sign up for a bounty that is better than investing in ICO projects at the moment.
markieeeloy

Activity: 296
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:42:35 AM

It depends on the capping for the ico and also its demand to the investors. Many ico have launched their tokensale as of now, pegged to 600 usd to 1 eth conversion. It is a great opportunity because the market trend as of now is in low price so if you own a 1 eth at a low price, you certainly gained profit already. But still, choose the best ico to invest.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
taiwww

Activity: 588
Merit: 257

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:46:25 AM

It matters a lot. If the value of ETH is dropping then you actually be very much profitable as you have to pay 1 ETH for 1000 coins but you have to pay less dollars for it if the value has dropped a lot.

However, reverse is also very much true. When it comes to the selling then you will have less value per coin in terms of USD unit. It means you will receive 1 ETH for sure after selling 1000 tokens but when you will go for the fiat conversion then obviously you will have less dollars. Along as you are playing in the crypto you have no trouble about it.
malibubaby

Activity: 546
Merit: 107

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:47:35 AM

Yes for me, this is the best time to invest in ICO but you have to be sure that you have investing on a legit project. The rate of exchanging tokens per eth is not not changing by this down market.

These are the best ico on July:
1. QuickX Protocol
2. Roomdao
3. Ionchain
covfefe_

Activity: 935
Merit: 105

View Profile
June 28, 2018, 06:58:15 AM

For the tokens pegged with the amount of ETH or BTC, it would be beneficial to buy them while the price of ETH and BTC are down as you get more for the same fiat value that it were when the prices of ETH or BTC were high. Likewise it's better to sell them when the price of ETH and BTC is high.
The token pegged with $ value makes no different unless that makes you change your BTC or ETH holdings.
cryptothief

Activity: 350
Merit: 41

View Profile WWW
June 28, 2018, 06:59:53 AM

Very few ICOs are hitting the exchanges above their ICO price at the moment, and most are coming in way below. I would not be investing in any ICOs for the next few months or at least until the overall market confidence starts to build again. Much better to find ICOs you're interested in and then watch to see when they hit the markets, can almost guarantee that you will get more bang for your buck (unless the ICO is offering some additional value which outweighs a massive price drop).

BITSONG  ▌ THE FIRST DECENTRALIZED MUSIC STREAMING PLATFORM
▅ ▉ ▇ ▃ ▅   THE NEW MUSIC STREAMING ERA   ▅ ▃ ▇ ▉ ▅   PUBLIC SALE is LIVE
[ Telegram ➭ ChannelGroup ]   Whitepaper   Facebook   Twitter   Github   Medium   ANN
bitcoin-blockchain

Activity: 13

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:21:44 AM

for me its a good time to invest in an ICO. I prefer to invest in ICOs that are good for our society and try to make a change
Anniee123

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:26:50 AM

The current market situation is not good, many tokens have fallen below the issue price.
So if you want to buy these ICO tokens, you can buy them directly from the exchange.

DCC│Distributed Credit Chain
    Empower Credit, Enable Finance   
GithubFacebookMedium ‹‹‹dcc.finance››› RedditTwitterTelegram
Sandeepmanwall

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 10:31:19 AM

If you will buy some tokens that have set their prices in ETH than you will get much more token per $ but there is no guarantee that those token will be traded at same ETH price in future.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: