Bitcoin Forum
June 23, 2024, 04:27:12 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7207 times)
yeezycheezy

Activity: 476
Merit: 10

Cryptoknowmics - World's First Decentralized Media

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 07:01:20 AM

Bitcoin is safe . but it depends on you how you use it how you stored it well.

ejswift

Activity: 253

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 07:14:26 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

it deoends on how you hold your bitcoins because if you hold it in secure and safe wallet then it is very safe but if you dont care about your coins and you stored it in what ever you wallet it is then its not safe

Saiful Islam777

Activity: 238
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:16:32 AM

I think Bitcoin is a secure transaction hurdle. Bitcoin wallet you can deal with yourself and find out all the information.
pharmacy2693

Activity: 45

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:24:32 AM

it is totally safe make sure you don't visit phising site.bitcoin is   worthy
hatsuneczelmiku

Activity: 224
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:40:18 AM

Bitcoin is secure because it is anonymous and decentralized. And we are, the owners of our own wallet are the only one that can access it. I really like Bitcoin because for me it is really safe way of doing the financial transactions plus it give me an ease of work to do it.
rawr1620

Activity: 91

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:50:51 AM

It still depends on the person for it to be safe. We all have private keys but that can only be stolen if someone literally steals the file or either you gave it with the passphrase. There are ways to avoid the crime of getting hacked.
Deathgamer

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 08:54:05 AM

Well it really depends on the person whose investing on it.Bitcoin is safe as long as you know what really it is.You must need to know all the things about bitcoin in order for you to be able to know how to keep your bitcoin safe.You must keep your bitcoin wallet address password secure and dont provide password to anyone one and also to any untrusted site to avoid being scammed because theres alot of scammers now in the internet.
gizmodo1987

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:02:29 AM

The safety of bitcoin or other cryptocurrencies will depend to the owner. You'll only lost your asset if you give someone or a scammer your info or private keys.
Dswaggers

Activity: 109

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:48:21 AM

As long as your private keys are safe your bitcoin is safe. Because it is merely impossible to breach into another's wallet without knowing private keys. So keep your private keys safe. Best use offline wallet to ensure security. 

Bitcoin is safe as long as you keep your private key and addres key by not tellling everyone.I think ourself is responsible of the safety to our bitcoin..And I think bitcoin today is having some step of ways technology to avoid some criminal or getting hacked by the hackers.
ace09

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:56:48 AM

Bitcoin is safe as a kind of thing to be use as a medium in financial transactions. It is anonymous and decentralized that keep the way the owner or user of it to be being secured. Having a good wallet to store your bitcoin is an important thing especially to keep private your private keys to remain safe your account.
metenjean

Activity: 854
Merit: 140

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:03:20 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.
I dont know what did you refer to safety in bitcoin, if its about hacker attacks then surely they cant steal bitcoin from someone's account without having login credential from an exchanger. In this case you're comparing a coin and exchanger services which didn't reflect the reality of safety in bitcoin. Any cryptocurrencies inside an exchanger can be hacked and not only bitcoin, its not about how safe is bitcoin but how safe is the place where you store your key and passwords so that nobody can stole that from you.  Grin Grin
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:11:22 AM

Bitcoin is risky, there is no such thing as safety in bitcoin anything happen in an blink if an eye, but you can minimize the risk by taking care your private key and other important accounts.

I agree, it is for the holders care for his own accounts to be safe. Must do extra careful about it, if not you will loose everything. Use two way authenticators to help you make your Bitcoin in safety. Do not share your private keys to anyone.
Dukjila

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:13:54 AM

The safety of a purse containing a lot of BTC is significantly increased provided that:
  • the computer should not have access to the Internet,
  • backup copies of the wallet.dat file are created, and the file from the computer is deleted.

I think this is the safest option.  Cool
franciscoDC

Activity: 357

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 10:24:53 AM

I could say bitcoin is more safer if you are going to invest or stock your money ,because it has an authenticator and no one could open it only you, and one of the good of it is no one can rob it or hack,unless your private key or password was known by other ,so be responsible to hide it.

●   RiveMont   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  RVMT  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  DeFi token  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬
royalparade01

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 01:25:09 PM

Best way to secure all your cryptos is to use an offline wallet instead of exchanges and online wallets as it will keep you safe from any online attack. And yes its very difficult to still bitcoin as most of the people own private key to the wallet just keep them safe.

It's safe if my bitcoin is on my wallet  with my private key or I cashout some of it.  Or maybe I put in alternative bitcoin wallet.
Noilee

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 03:44:35 PM
Last edit: July 01, 2018, 03:57:43 PM by Noilee

Bitcoin is safe, especially in online wallet, but you need to be secure your password well, and never tell to others about your money and keep secret especially your privacy. Don't let other knows about your information. If you have already a big amount its better to cash out only a small amount and let other amounts stay first on your wallet.
grabpopcorn536

Activity: 476
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:19:02 PM

Nobody forbids you to use multiple wallets and splits them, which is the best way to keep your money safe. It may not be 100% safe but still useful. For added security I switched to a Macbook. I think Apple will help me secure my personal information.

Pancheng

Activity: 182

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 04:26:45 PM

They are safe and harmless in the first place, if you are preferring to your Bitcoin wallet safety and chances that your account may got hacked then nothing to worry if you are careful enough.

gscplatform.io ─ ✈ ─ Navigate To The Heart Of A Revolution
▐ █▐▌ICO Presale July 1st, 2018▐▌█▐
Maame Esi Sergio

Activity: 112

View Profile WWW
July 01, 2018, 09:08:02 PM

The safer side of bitcoin has to do with the aspect of its investments compared to other altcoins and ico tokens. But when it comes to hackers i think they are every where and that creates panic to exchange platforms and other individual holders as well. Also, other criticisms from governments and other great people also seem to pose a threat to bitcoin.
ngano ba

Activity: 280

View Profile
July 01, 2018, 09:14:15 PM

In worldcof digital and cryptocurrency ,we can say that bitcoin is really safe because in digital technology anything can happen ,anything can be hacked, like in facebook ,tweeter and other digital technology accounts can be hacked, it depends on how you protect your account ant its safety in this digital world.
Pages: « 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: