Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 06:12:13 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7205 times)
markiplier.jack

Activity: 66
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:26:28 PM

from exchange perspective, they are taking every measure of precaution, From a users perspective, one should opt for 2fa, one can make sure to put cryptos in multiple wallets and take every step to securely store the private keys, Use antivirus and anti-malware software, Have a strong and secure firewall installed, Don’t get phished and always check the URL twice before accessing your web-wallets, Avoid accessing your crypto wallet from a public wifi., Never install unverified software or apps on your device.
genlocy

Activity: 490
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:27:41 PM

Everything is secure and nothing is secure. Well, I can explain on this. With proper knowledge we can secure everything. Before making secure anything first you have to study the most possible way of being unsecured. Which will tell you the way of most security. I mean having proper knowledge can keep you mostly safe.
natsu_koo

Activity: 186
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:29:49 PM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
Even hardware are not completely safe if some damage occurs to the device with forgetting 25 words to restore old wallet with new device but it still best choice along with paper wallet . right now people fear the dump only because many bought bitcoin at high price .

These days it is not avoidable that our bitcoin won't be hacked by hackers if we are not cautious, because even ledger wallet can be hacked. For me online wallets are secured and it depends on us for it to be safe, I guess we should be really carefull where we type our wallet's private keys, we should avoid being hooked by phishing and fake websites. Our safety depend on us on how we carry our wallet safely.

Laccoin: It starts here with your Money
▨ Debit cards, P2P Loans, Index Fund ▨
➤ Whitepaper ➤ Facebook ➤ Twitter ➤ Telegram
EffahTom

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:42:19 PM

With computers, everything is possible. No one is totally safe but once your private key is kept to you and yourself only, your safety is close to 100%
pratik009

Activity: 365
Merit: 108

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 06:56:40 PM

Bitcoin is totally safe and  secure beacuse it's based on the blockchain technology. if you hold your btc in your online wallet then there may be chances that hackers can hack your account and steal your btc.so it's better option to store your btc in offline wallet or hardware wallet. This wallet is totally safe and no one can hacke it. It means there is no chances of lost your btc.
awawo

Activity: 406
Merit: 13

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:00:54 PM

Bitcoin is build on a security software that has 100% security proof, and it also give the users big role to play in protecting they bitcoin and once the user is able to follow the rules they bitcoin is most secure and again bitcoin has never have a case of being hacked into except when the mistake comes from the holder of such security keys. Bitcoin when it comes to being secure is well built.
taiyob

Activity: 238

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:14:16 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

I think Bitcoin is safe from all other currency or exchange media. Because its price is very high and it is at the top of the currency world. Moreover, we get profit through investment in Bitcoin. Money is a risky property. Because it is likely to be lost or stolen for a long time. But Bitcoin's risk is very low. Because if we keep our walts properly, then the risk of losing our Bitcoin is much less. So, Bitcoin can be a safe investment.
krayzie32

Activity: 479
Merit: 250

https://streamies.io/

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 07:45:59 PM

in my opinion, the best way to store crypto is keep your key in hard disks. do not put all your money in exchange wallets. It is too risky. put your password in few of usbs and everything will be fine

S T R E A M I E S -  Streaming in Anonimity  -  No rules
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ●●     Whitepaper Released    ●● ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
DISCORD    -    BITCOINTALK    -    WEBSITE    -    EXCHANGE
coinnumber

Activity: 504
Merit: 5

View Profile
July 02, 2018, 08:13:19 PM

No one can actually say that his or her Digital currencies are 100% safe as far as online is concerned that's why we are always advice to be careful when dealing with cryptocurrency because a single mistake can make you to lose all your investment or funds. As for me external drives is more secure and guaranteed to save cryptocurrencies E.G Ledger 📒. Patient and understanding will help us a long way since cryptocurrency investment has the highest risk.
nikki4

Activity: 496
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:08:04 AM

For me, as I am Bitcoin user, I can really say that the Bitcoin as a crypto currency is safe. It allows me to use it on my daily necessities most especially when I was dealing with financial transactions. Bitcoin transaction processes is secure, and not only that, because using Bitcoin, the transaction is easy, faster and very convenient. Bitcoin is safe as long as the passwords or pass codes of our crypto wallet is properly been kept only to us or to our trusted ones.
KimmyF

Activity: 978
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:37:27 AM

We all know and aware that nothing is perfectly made to this world we are into. So like here in the crypo currency we are dealing with, our currencies will not be really into a hundred percent secure. But I can say that Bitcoin is safe to us as a digital currency I am using now. It is decentralized that the government is out of it to control. We, the owner of our wallet is the only one responsible to its private keys or to its password or pass codes. Since Bitcoin still in connection to be on online, we still need to be careful every time we are dealing with our digital currencies. 
trantu8461520@gmail.com

Activity: 37

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:39:08 AM

It does fluctuate but still grows steadily each year. This proves the attraction of Bitcoin
nguyenthu415141@gmail.com

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 01:42:32 AM

Millions of people use it to show that the trust with Bitcoin is bigger and no signs of displacement...
Kotone

Activity: 1372
Merit: 503

View Profile WWW
July 03, 2018, 01:47:43 AM

Millions of people use it to show that the trust with Bitcoin is bigger and no signs of displacement...
actually, there's no safety in the bitcoin. I mean if you don't secure your bitcoin I am sure that you lost it. in terms of security and system of the bitcoin and characteristic, the bitcoin we know is unstable and it is decentralized so if ot have a problem on your bitcoin there's no one you'll contact. because it is decentralized.

Jesusghergo

Activity: 294

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:07:14 AM

The Bitcoin safety is only depends on us. Since we are the owner of our crypto currency or Bitcoin, we need to take more careful when dealing with our digital wallet especially to our private keys, passwords or pass codes used to access our crypto currencies. Well as the times goes by, the popularity of Bitcoin is getting more and more into good terms. More people are believing and sees what good the Bitcoin can make to our life.
Gorionh

Activity: 33

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:38:19 AM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.

We cant use the word safety in any kind of investment. There are always a risk in a market. All we can do is be smart so that we cannot get the risk of it.
Janeterrekg

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:53:22 AM

actually, there's no safety in the bitcoin. I mean if you don't secure your bitcoin I am sure that you lost it. in terms of security and system of the bitcoin and characteristic, the bitcoin we know is unstable and it is decentralized so if ot have a problem on your bitcoin there's no one you'll contact. because it is decentralized.
That is the problem I am also thinking about the Bitcoin. Once there are some problems we encounter with our crypto currencies there is no one we can contact to ask for assistance since it is a decentralized. The only thing we can guarantee its safety is our own self. If we know how to use Bitcoin in a good and wise way, the safety of our Bitcoin will come at hand. 
Batask

Activity: 146

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:57:48 AM

We cant use the word safety in any kind of investment. There are always a risk in a market. All we can do is be smart so that we cannot get the risk of it.

I agree with you mate, in crypto world there is no such thing as safety, its up to you if you take a risk, cryptocurrencies is for risk taker only. People who dont have emotion if are more fit here in crypto world.
hatsuneczelmiku

Activity: 224

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 02:59:41 AM

The safety of the Bitcoin of one user will only depends on himself. If he will use it with more care, especially the private keys to access its crypto wallet.
on889519@gmail.com

Activity: 32

View Profile
July 03, 2018, 03:04:35 AM

It accounts for one third of market capitalization. This is a sign of safety. That means Bitcoin will be very hard to break down. Moreover, its value has increased steadily over the years
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: