Bitcoin Forum
May 26, 2024, 08:37:50 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7183 times)
solenn heussaff

Activity: 116
Merit: 16

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:32:23 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

Bitcoin is safe because it is the most trusted cryptocurrency among all. In my own experience it is proven and tested that it is safe because I invest money in bitcoin and I get my investment in full. I really trust bitcoin.
zahrah74

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:06:53 PM

I'm sure bitcoin is very safe because I have not heard any problem bitcoin unsafe, because in addition secured very well, bitcoin also progressed and progressed well, so I think we need not worry and worry about bitcoin.
somebadger

Activity: 170
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 01:16:10 PM

As long as all your bitcoins are safe on a hardware wallett or a cold wallet, you are not going to have any issues after all. It has been two years, and i have all of my funds on a hardware one, and i have never been exposed so far.
Tramle091296

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:18:56 PM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
thats true but having a hardware wallet is so expensive not every one can afford it. but if you have a budget why no all of the people wants to secure all their money. Bitcoin is safe as long people knows how to prepare their wallets and everything most of the thing is the password maybe try to use much longer and complicated password so that the hacker takes a long time to get what they want.

CuresToken.com
»   Decentralizing the Health Care System   «
────────  Facebook TwitterLinkedInBountyTelegram  ────────
dasunlanka

Activity: 120
Merit: 23

Be cool

View Profile WWW
July 16, 2018, 01:51:49 PM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
Even hardware are not completely safe if some damage occurs to the device with forgetting 25 words to restore old wallet with new device but it still best choice along with paper wallet . right now people fear the dump only because many bought bitcoin at high price .

when someone lost their private key means he help to reduce circulating supply and increase BTC price..he he 

[ F - A - M - I - L - Y ] Coolest word in the world - Be happy with your Family
thisappointed

Activity: 616
Merit: 502

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:15:51 PM

Even hardware are not completely safe if some damage occurs to the device with forgetting 25 words to restore old wallet with new device but it still best choice along with paper wallet . right now people fear the dump only because many bought bitcoin at high price .

when someone lost their private key means he help to reduce circulating supply and increase BTC price..he he 

How come? lol. If someone's forgot his private key then it means that bitcoin won't circulate because obviously who will make it circulate of the owner's forgot hos private key, it will just remains on his wallet, meaning it won't affect the price of bitcoin because if he's bitcoin is in his wallet then it couldn't affect since it is not on the market, I hope it make sense.
Destofe

Activity: 46
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 02:48:28 PM

I belive that bitcoin is very safe. Bitcoin is actually more secure than most other financial systems. Taking the time to learn about how Bitcoin works and investing in a secure wallet is essential in keeping your Bitcoin safe.Because Bitcoin uses a decentralized system, there’s not one single point of failure that a hacker could exploit to compromise the network. They would have to find a way to control 51% of the network nodes for this to even be possible.
Preclus

Activity: 167
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:02:28 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

All of you have mentioned is noteworthy and shall be taken care of by everyone. Not everyone adopt proper safety measures in the bitcoin community that is why people tend to loose their holdings. These safety measures should be adopted irrespective of howsoever secure your wallet is or howsoever negligible the amount of your holding. But the problem is with the hackers. WHat can be done in case your account is being hacked or anything of that sort?!?
onlygodknowsx

Activity: 93

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:06:27 PM

No one can say %100 your Bitcoin is safe cos as long your doing transaction and scamer tract your transaction and your email wallet they can easily steal your bitcoin i suggest to be wise to protect your bitcoin
Bitcoinnumberone

Activity: 364

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:22:37 PM

How to make you sure to safe your Bitcoins? easy you need to have a bitcoin wallet, Legit bitcoin wallet it depends in what you country you live. As you use your bitcoin wallets and have a lot of security they can't hack you or scam having a long password and secured email so be wise enough not to give your email and password to other people you should think twice, thrice always and bitcoin wallets can take care of your bitcoins.
whitewolfofcoinstreet

Activity: 23

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:33:43 PM

Bitcoin is one of, if not the safest currency on the planet. Just do your due diligence and keep your passwords and keys safe then you have little to worry about.
nellakarisma

Activity: 582
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:36:40 PM

if in my opinion and what I feel during investing in bitcoin gan. bitcoin is included in the safe category. if there is a loss it is a mistake or carelessness that we do. because there are many ways that our assets become more secure .
darkphoenix2610

Activity: 679
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:41:23 PM

Bitcoin is probably very risky and agree with you many people got phish in log in in phishing site how to prevent this kind of situation? You must book the right address and always look if the address are correct or not before making any log in to avoid hacking in your account. You must just use a paper wallet for bitcoin this is to lessen the tendency of being hack.
Maruf Nazir

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:41:48 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. bitcoin wallets and have a lot of security they can't hack you or scam having a long password. Bitcoin is actually more secure than most other financial systems. I belive that bitcoin is very safe.
Dana-pasar

Activity: 167
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:44:18 PM

if in my opinion bitcoin if in say safe also still not 100% gan. because sometimes there are still traps. or app or and blue can then cause the more assets we have to get lost in a short time

[tengah] [url = https: //www.4art-technologies.com] ═══▦▦═══  4ARTECHNOLOGIES [/ b] ═══▦▦═══
 ICO TOKEN SALE IS SEKARANG BUKA UNTUK INVESTOR [
Rustandy

Activity: 163

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:47:54 PM

1. Pay attention to storage security issues, BitCoin-hosted storage is not one hundred percent safe. You will get a virtual wallet with a private key. Although it has been given protection, it becomes vulnerable because your virtual wallet is in the internet network.
2. More alert for fluctuations in currency values, Although the value of BitCoin shows a positive signal with continuous improvement, did not rule out the value can fall at any time. Global issues greatly affect the value of BitCoin up to 50 percent, If blowing negative issues, the value will decrease. Vice versa, if there is a positive issue then the value of BitCoin will increase.
3. Know also the limitations of BitCoin, Unfortunately, not all merchants in the world to serve the payment by using BitCoin. This fact is often the biggest problem for investors because of the difficulty of using BitCoin. The concept of virtual money is indeed not understood globally, so it is quite difficult to use it offine. The only way is to use it online which number is still limited.
wow.magic

Activity: 303
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 03:59:30 PM

As long as your private keys are safe your bitcoin is safe. Because it is merely impossible to breach into another's wallet without knowing private keys. So keep your private keys safe. Best use offline wallet to ensure security. 
I agree with you sir! Bitcoin can be safe if the one who handle your keys is only you and avoid suspicious transactions that might harm your wallet and bitcoin. I also advice to you that instead of  using online wallet, use offline wallet to ensure your security and avoid from negative transactions.
libratiz

Activity: 73

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:26:38 PM

If we talk about keeping and securing Bitcoin, Bitcoin may be safe as long as we know keeping our credentials, account details, keys and personal data safe. Our ignorance will not be an excuse if we will not ensure our Bitcoin security but in talking about how safe Bitcoin is as an investment then I can say there is no guarantee of safety because it is very risky.
vachellie

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:31:11 PM

I think, bitcoin it self already safe but still not 100 % safe, the only one you need to protect is your own wallets. I suggest you to use hardware wallet than software because you can keep your wallet offline with this. If you use online wallet, you must pay extra attentions to your wallets like double secure your e-mail and make sure no one know your private key.
shirackjs

Activity: 812
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 04:44:41 PM

I keep my Bitcoin safe by being very careful. I never save my private keys online, I write it on a paper and keep 2 copies for wallets that have most of my Bitcoin. For spending, I use a hardware wallet to store my bitcoin. Although it is not as convenient as storing in 3rd party online wallet, I feel safer this way.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: