Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 12:41:26 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7205 times)
WellDogeo

Activity: 113
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:49:53 PM

The security of Bitcoin is powered by the Blockchain technology. The decentralization and distribution of the publive ledger -'Bitcoin' makes it very safe and impossible to be tampered with.
I agree with you . The blockchain system is highly secure. Nowadays, businesses in the world are trying to apply blockchain technology to their industry.
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 10:56:30 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

You can see that every bitcoin transaction is an absolute anonymous transaction and very quickly, so your bitcoin trading will be absolutely confidential, there will be no leak of your information. This is an advantage but also a challenge for us to be able to control bitcoin. You can see that very few countries in the world agree and allow bitcoin trading legally.

Ikpirijor7

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:23:03 PM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i additionally cerebrate that it maybe purloined or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet withal and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.
ucok_aball

Activity: 504
Merit: 107

👨‍👩‍👧‍&#

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:30:11 PM

My bitcoin is safe as always in my online wallet, i additionally cerebrate that it maybe purloined or hacked sometimes that is why i don't put it in just one account, i cashout some of my bitcoin and the other i put in my alternative bitcoin wallet withal and i install antivirus and spyware to my pc for the best extra precautions.
taking extra action had to be necessary because we do not know the hacker would attack our wallet, so better anticipation beforehand than it's too late

Litecoindigger (OP)

Activity: 103
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:43:24 PM

If your amounts held of Bitcoin are low it's ok to use everytime an online wallet, but if you have more Bitcoins or in future you can choose a safer wallet like a desktop wallet. Exodus is a good one. Easy to install and to use. And the best thing is, you are the owner of the private keys, not the exchange.  Wink
slackcryptoz

Activity: 456
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 20, 2018, 11:47:59 PM

With the increasing usage the safety and security of cryptocurrency gets better. This is all because of the demand, and I prefer the growth it provides than the security. Because, with each and every form of earning there is risk. We're supposed to come out of it overcoming the difficulties.
danielwang2112

Activity: 44

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 08:35:35 AM

Bitcoin is not completely safe so my advice is that to be safest, you should use hardware wallet .
makenoise

Activity: 71
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:37:27 AM

I only remember the password for my wallet and I did not save it to my computer. Careful is the best way to ensure that you are safe even if it is a paper or online wallet or hardware. That's not a problem with bitcoin at all it is doing well considering it's design purpose so we may need to be more cared for when using third-party services that will help avoid the Such a problem
Grimjhow

Activity: 159
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:39:01 AM

for us the investment in krypto is also really safe that you can do, karen krypto one of them a good investment and safe in the future.
nickwen

Activity: 261

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:44:02 AM

The best way to keep your bitcoins safe, is to use a hardware wallet that have stronger cryptography that web wallets.

If you store your coins in exchanges you are most likely to lose them, because exchanges receive the most cyber attacks.
Agree with your comments. I rarely let Bitcoin in the wallet on the big exchange. So many hackers have always hacked recent exchanges like Binance, so I switched my Bitcoin on the hardware wallet.
Kingsingle

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 09:50:37 AM

It's hard to put words into words, but if you invest in them you will find the benefits of the BTC more secure than any other coin, and they can also be profitable for you.
bitlind

Activity: 252

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:19:57 AM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

Do not over-trust online services offering your services to save your coins. They are certainly convenient, but we must remember that any service can be hacked, if before that it just does not cease to exist, leaving you without money. Of course storing Bitcoins in your own offline wallet is somewhat more complicated, but also safer.
bitcoinajax455

Activity: 154

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 11:57:49 AM

Do not over-trust online services offering your services to save your coins. They are certainly convenient, but we must remember that any service can be hacked, if before that it just does not cease to exist, leaving you without money. Of course storing Bitcoins in your own offline wallet is somewhat more complicated, but also safer.
Bitcoin is secure and safe trough the uses of blockchain, however it can be hacked. If you couldn't secure your private key. Bitcoin is safe and secure, if we are doing our part.
Ahmadarwani56

Activity: 114

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:01:59 PM

I save my coin bitcoin in online wallet. and I still doubt my bitcoin security. so I thaw my bitcoin kr my personal account .
djmixen

Activity: 518
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:05:37 PM

Well, i am sure that the bitcoin is safe because in a long period of time the bitcoin is many investors who trust on it and also having that there are many ways to make your bitcoin safe from your wallet just ignore those who pump up that you are not aware when you opening your bitcoin wallet.
peter1

Activity: 127

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:12:15 PM

The BTC is now at an unprecedented level of computational power, and if you ask about the security of the BTC, it currently costs billions of dollars to attack a BTC network.
faith400

Activity: 125

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 12:20:33 PM

As a decentralized currency, Bitcoin isn’t controlled by anyone. It’s open so that anyone can benefit from it. You might think that the lack of control could mean chaos, but that’s not true at all. That’s because Blockchain, the technology behind Bitcoin is one of the most accurate and secure systems ever created.
sheyicrypto

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:46:29 PM

Bitcoin is for risk takers because when you invest in bitcoin it will not yield immediately  but at the long run it will definitely  affect the life  of the owner po
Tharu96

Activity: 280

View Profile WWW
July 21, 2018, 05:53:07 PM

Everything has a risk. But considering bitcoin, as long as your private keys are safe your bitcoin must also be safe in either online wallet or offline wallet.
putriangel

Activity: 111

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 05:56:39 PM

I think using bitcoin is very safe, different again with you who secure it what is safe or not. You'd better find a wallet whose safety has been tested to store bitcoin in it. By using Authenticator I think it's very safe. Most importantly never love anyone access to your wallet even though it's your nearest person.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  

Jump to: