Bitcoin Forum
June 27, 2024, 09:35:35 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How safe is Bitcoin? ✅  (Read 7208 times)
Joeyvicky

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:46:39 PM

There is no doubt and nothing can get rid of my conviction that bitcoin is safe on my online wallet. AS a digital currency, there is the likelihood being hacked especially when the account is only one. For such reason i always make sure that my alternate account are active with secured passwords so i can operate them without any fear.

Code:
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
LYFE.HEALTH ║ Wellness Rewards and Gamification (https://lyfe.health/)
Abdul Wasay

Activity: 149

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:49:07 PM

its totally on you how you save your bitcoins. keep your priv keys safe and dont open any website or link which can access your wallet

Genesisnetwork.io │ P2P Payment Ecosystem │ POW-MNs
Solution for businesses & e-commerce
Fair Launch │ Airdrops & Bounties
TmottaDing

Activity: 234
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:55:15 PM

To be honest, bitcoin is much more safe than fiat money, because it can not be stolen, and there is no way that you can lose it unless that you forget the private key or the nmenonic phrase. That is why i think that it is very safe

Stac

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:56:50 PM

Bitcoin is much safer than banks as the users only have complete control over their bitcoins and no one else has authority like the money in the banks as people's money in the banks are controlled by the central banking system and the Governing bodies whereas with bitcoins the bitcoins users only need to make sure that their bitcoins are safe and secure in the hardware wallets and not in online wallets or exchanges which is more prone to hacking due to the rise in the price of bitcoins the bitcoins is becoming the most expensive asset on the planet which makes arousal of hackers. If the Users are storing their bitcoins in hardware wallets then there is nothing to worry of losing the bitcoins.

MbakNarti

Activity: 679
Merit: 254

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:14:39 PM

Probably bitcoin is not very secure because many hackers rely on bitcoin to make money very easily and they will not get tracked too, so hackers will count bitcoins to do them with bitcoins so I think bitcoin is not very safe but I'm sure bitcoin will be very safe in the next year because maybe bitcoin will improve their system that hackers may not be able to steal your bitcoin kemabli and you also have to be careful in every transaction
Joyeeta

Activity: 146
Merit: 3

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:00:46 PM

Not sure what you meant is how safe is Bitcoin, you most probably mean wallet or exchange or bitcoin itself? Very hard to say as it is not widely used yet, but I believe bitcoin is very secure and have great future unlike some other altcoin.

FuzeX
FUTURE PAYMENT | CRYPTOPAY | SIMPLE . SECURE . CLEVER (https://fuzex.co)
wnfakind

Activity: 96

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:10:30 PM

Considering I've yet to lose any funds regarding crypto ever Id say bitcoin and cryptocurrency in general is safe. I've lost more money dealing with financial institutes over the year's than I have had using crypto. Proper mean's to keep your private keys safe and being a responsible and not expecting someone else to maintain your assets and and wealth is easier.
assyla

Activity: 319

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:17:51 PM

Bitcoin is well known for its safety. The biggest dangers are mainly hacker attacks on third party services, through which one accesses his bitcoins. These are above all the various crypto exchanges on which the users have created accounts or the bitcoins stored locally in wallets.

Basically, either the exchange itself is directly attacked, so that data can be stolen there. The biggest known incident was the hacker attack on Mt.Gox about 4 years ago, when a huge hack of Bitcoins was looted. This was also the reason for the decrease of Bitcoins 2014.

Today, the exchanges have improved to prevent such occurrences, because it can come to hacks and the trade is severely restricted or even stopped completely. This often leads to strong price fluctuations, mainly caused by so-called panic sells.

An equally large attack surface offer individual mistakes that can easily be prevented. Individual mistakes are the responsibility of individual users and are often:
- insufficiently secured user accounts due to weak passwords
- Login on a phishing site
- send the private keys to a scammer

If a stranger has once gained access to your own accounts, he can quickly transfer the entire balance to another wallet and due to the anonymity, it is no longer clearly comprehensible. For such a kind of total loss helps therefore only a careful handling with your personal user data.

But as long as you follow to the usual security rules and pay attention to secure passwords, which you should also change from time to time and do not use the same password on many other pages, an accident normally cannot happen.
The high demand and high competition between exchanges has also contributed to the improvement of safety standards.

How make you sure to safe your Bitcoins?

Bitcoin is much safer than any other currency especially fiat money. Which fiat money may snatch by other person easily, while bitcoin wallet may used a private key to open so it is hard to know and snatch it.

► HackenAI ◄ ♦ HackenAI - Personal Cybersecurity Application ♦ ► HackenAI ◄
───●●───●●───●●───●●───●●─[   Bounty Detective   ]─●●───●●───●●───●●───●●───
Facebook|Twitter|Medium|Reddit|Telegram|Whitepaper
blue_dragon

Activity: 251