Author Topic: .  (Read 22370 times)
El Cabron (OP)
Gnomo
VIP

Activity: 840
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 08, 2014, 10:22:47 PM
Last edit: March 29, 2014, 02:36:04 PM by His Most Eminent Highness Grand Caesar Imperator Goat

Sorry El Cabron, you are banned from posting or sending personal messages on this forum.
Trolling
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=622250.msg7030081#msg7030081

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
btcmad1337

Activity: 42
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:03:23 AM

Goat covered most of what I want to know, but just to add:

Will there be a working non-javascript version of the forum?

Are there any plans to open-source the forums software? considering it was funded by donations it should be "owned" by the community.

Out of millions of choices what motivated you to choose this particular dev company?
surfer43

Activity: 560
Merit: 250

"Trading Platform of The Future!"

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:26:47 AM

Also:

Why is the forum paying people a fee to store the forum's bitcoin when storing bitcoin is free? Can't the forum find enough people that will store bitcoin for free?
User705
Legendary

Activity: 896
Merit: 1006

First 100% Liquid Stablecoin Backed by Gold

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:02:54 AM

Goat covered most of what I want to know, but just to add:

Will there be a working non-javascript version of the forum?

Are there any plans to open-source the forums software? considering it was funded by donations it should be "owned" by the community.

Out of millions of choices what motivated you to choose this particular dev company?
Why would it be "owned" by the community?  Setting aside bitcoin quirks even regular non-profits don't work that way.

DeboraMeeks

Activity: 588
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 01:07:42 PM

Why does this forum require $350,000 for?

Does it really cost that much to reform a site and such?  Shocked
Sheldor333

Activity: 406

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 03:18:21 PM

What kind of software are talking about here, since $350k is a lot of money. I mean you assumed we all know what you are talking about.

2double0
Legendary

Activity: 2618
Merit: 1105

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:05:24 PM

What kind of software are talking about here, since $350k is a lot of money. I mean you assumed we all know what you are talking about.

Not too sure, probably security systems and additional features.
2double0
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:06:22 PM

WHY DOESNT THE FORUM HAVE A TIPPING BOT OF SOME SORT?
Welsh
Staff
Legendary

Activity: 3262
Merit: 4110

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:15:27 PM

Because it doesn't need a tipping function inside the forum itself. It's rather easy to copy and paste a Bitcoin address, adding a built in tipping function is one more thing which can go wrong, and at this moment in time to forum doesn't need anything else to go wrong. If you want to tip people look at their profile, signature or contact them about it I'm sure they won't say no.

Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't use such annoying text and edit your previous post instead of replying to get your post count up.
2double0
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 04:18:55 PM

Because it doesn't need a tipping function inside the forum itself. It's rather easy to copy and paste a Bitcoin address, adding a built in tipping function is one more thing which can go wrong, and at this moment in time to forum doesn't need anything else to go wrong. If you want to tip people look at their profile, signature or contact them about it I'm sure they won't say no.

Also, I would appreciate it if you didn't use such annoying text and edit your previous post instead of replying to get your post count up.

It was just to get the question noticed. Thanks for the reply though.
augustocroppo
VIP

Activity: 756
Merit: 503

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:14:05 PM

theymos created this forum since 2009 or first quarter of 2010, when nobody believed in bitcoin and he probably spent some real cash and TIME in something that for that date could have be a total waste of resources, and now thanks to this forum many people, including me, have know more about bitcoin. probably thanks to this forum you have a part of what you have now.

...and thanks to what was not improved in the forum I do not have what should be part of what I am now.

In the court you must have with you REAL and past facts, imaginary things wont gonna help you.

Yes, I know that, d00d. That is exactly what the defence would have to provide, real facts about how the funds were spent.
danyy

Activity: 145
Merit: 100

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:20:18 PM
Last edit: February 09, 2014, 06:36:44 PM by danyy

Augusto Croppo is just trolling, he surely is buthurt because he sold all his bitcoins at $200 on the past months.

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:27:58 PM

LoL at the global moderator trying to control the discussion when he fails completely to do that in other sections of the forum.

I also have some questions:

Why you admitted to spent 150,000 USD in a deal to hire a software firm as the below evidence shows? It that just part of the whole 350,000 USD payment? If so, what is the ID transaction of this initial payment? You also stated that you used the 10 BTC from Matthew and that only cost Matthew 52.09 USD. How do you know that was exactly what Matthew wished to provide at the time of the donation? Moreover, why did you specifically choose Matthew 10 BTC to exchange for 6408.50 USD? Could you present proof the exchange happened?

augustocroppo
VIP

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 06:34:05 PM

Goat a pleasure to have a talk with you, but Augusto Croppo is just trolling, he surely is buthurt because he sold all his bitcoins at $200 on the past months.

Certainly whatever BTC I sold in the past months has nothing to do with the present situation.

The only "buthurt" here is you, d00d.
User705
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:37:37 PM

Just out of curiosity all of you who want a refund of your donations are you expecting straight XBT refund or fiat equivalent and why?  Also why did you donate at the time if those questions weren't answered?

surfer43

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 07:46:28 PM

Just out of curiosity all of you who want a refund of your donations are you expecting straight XBT refund or fiat equivalent and why?  Also why did you donate at the time if those questions weren't answered?
Since the forum donation levels are pegged to BTC, they obviously want a refund in BTC. Works both ways you know  Tongue
User705
Legendary

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:03:40 PM

Since the forum donation levels are pegged to BTC, they obviously want a refund in BTC. Works both ways you know  Tongue
So someone donated to the forums a few years back at $10/XBT and let's say the forum spent that XBT on hosting or some other minor things.  So by your logic where will these refunds come from now; out of the current donations, theymos' pocket, or where from exactly?  Is every later donator supposed to basically subsidize these refunds and give a profit to earlier donators?

surfer43

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 08:33:23 PM

Just out of curiosity all of you who want a refund of your donations are you expecting straight XBT refund or fiat equivalent and why?  Also why did you donate at the time if those questions weren't answered?
Since the forum donation levels are pegged to BTC, they obviously want a refund in BTC. Works both ways you know  Tongue
So someone donated to the forums a few years back at $10/XBT and let's say the forum spent that XBT on hosting or some other minor things.  So by your logic where will these refunds come from now; out of the current donations, theymos' pocket, or where from exactly?  Is every later donator supposed to basically subsidize these refunds and give a profit to earlier donators?
If the BTC had already been spent then they would not get a refund. And this is the logic of the forum, not mine.  Wink

EDIT: If the BTC was spent in an improper way, then they would be refunded in USD of course.
smoothie
Legendary

Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473

LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:02:35 PM

Goat, when was Theymos going to answer these questions? Has this been disclosed?

███████████████████████████████████████

,╓p@@███████@╗╖,           
        ,p████████████████████N,       
      d█████████████████████████b     
    d██████████████████████████████æ   
  ,████²█████████████████████████████, 
 ,█████  ╙████████████████████╨  █████y
 ██████    `████████████████`    ██████
║██████       Ñ███████████`      ███████
███████         ╩██████Ñ         ███████
███████    ▐▄     ²██╩     a▌    ███████
╢██████    ▐▓█▄          ▄█▓▌    ███████
 ██████    ▐▓▓▓▓▌,     ▄█▓▓▓▌    ██████─
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓█,,▄▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
           ▐▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▌          
    ▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓─  
     ²▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓╩    
        ▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀       
           ²▀▀▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▀▀`          
                   ²²²                 
███████████████████████████████████████

. ★☆ WWW.LEALANA.COM        My PGP fingerprint is A764D833.                  History of Monero development Visualization ★☆ .
LEALANA BITCOIN GRIM REAPER SILVER COINS.

lunarboy

Activity: 544
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 09, 2014, 09:32:21 PM

An Idea ... not sure if its a good one but an idea nevertheless.

perhaps any spare money leftover should be donated to a charity. EFF ? used as bounties for software development the community see as appropriate, or maybe all forum users that registered before a certain date could be given free lifetime membership to the bitcoin foundation as way of thanks for the contribution to the forum over the years.

just a suggestion  Undecided
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: