Bitcoin Forum
April 26, 2024, 05:59:16 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Anonymous Ads - bitcoin advertising network [migration to v.2]  (Read 44668 times)
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1199
Merit: 1012

View Profile
February 06, 2012, 11:30:58 AM

Also AdSense pays me over £0.50 a click.  I can't see this scheme paying as much per click but I think its ads are more relevant being BitCoin related.

It should be possible in the long run. Though I can't promise it will ever happen: all depends on advertisers and affiliates. Anonymous Ads just shows ads that are de-facto more profitable for each particular affiliate.

So if advertiser pays to affiliates that attracted buyers, it is likely that those particular affiliates will show his/her ads more often and thus will earn more. Competition between advertisers should keep the rate reasonable.

It is beneficial for advertisers too because they pay only for achieved results and get more impressions from affiliates that work best for them. It should be cheaper than paying for traffic (because inefficient and fraudulent traffic is not included in price).

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Make sure you back up your wallet regularly! Unlike a bank account, nobody can help you if you lose access to your BTC.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Bitsky

Activity: 576
Merit: 514

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 10:20:13 AM

By the way, what's with the "Sorry, couldn't find the redirection link." message?
I get that every time I click the link in your sig.

Bounty: Earn up to 68.7 BTC
Like my post? Feel free to drop a tip to 1BitskyZbfR4irjyXDaGAM2wYKQknwX36Y
finway

Activity: 714
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:08:43 PM

Interesting.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 07, 2012, 01:24:39 PM

By the way, what's with the "Sorry, couldn't find the redirection link." message?

It works for me. Does anybody else experience the same problem? Please PM me cookies of anonymousads.com, I'll try to understand what is happening.

Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 07, 2012, 08:18:02 PM

Although I mentioned affiliate marketing gurus, I should have included adsense gurus. I'm glad to see the conversation continuing on the monetary aspect of this endeavor.

Bear in mind that these gurus are capable of creating a program around Bitcoin if they see that it's worth there wild. Once a couple gurus get on board, it's not uncommon for the others to follow suit. Playing follow the leader is fine with them. They're also always looking for the next big thing. That big thing at the moment are smart phones. The person who marriages advertising, smart phones and Bitcoin will be king of the mountain for years to come.

~Bruno~
arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 12:24:57 PM

That big thing at the moment are smart phones. The person who marriages advertising, smart phones and Bitcoin will be king of the mountain for years to come.

Yes, there is something here to think about )

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 12:30:51 PM

Probably browser refuses cookies due to some security issues. I can't control browser's behavior, some users may have cookies disabled at all. I've implemented the work-around: if redirection link is not found, then user will be redirected to the list of ads for that affiliate (the wanted ad should be there).

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 12:34:56 PM

There were many fraudulent clicks, so I allowed myself to clean the stats a bit. I made some fixes in code and hope that there will be not that much fraudulent clicks in future.

Bitsky

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 03:15:16 PM

Probably browser refuses cookies due to some security issues. I can't control browser's behavior, some users may have cookies disabled at all. I've implemented the work-around: if redirection link is not found, then user will be redirected to the list of ads for that affiliate (the wanted ad should be there).
I downloaded the most recent Opera and did a standard install on a clean XP without any adjustments. The cookie still gets set only partially.
Did you test it too? If that's something that happens with all Opera and older Firefox installs, it really needs to be fixed.
Besides, the cookie stores successfully the session id, so you can as well handle the rest of the data server-side in the $_SESSION array after doing the session_start().
No need to store all the other information on the client side.

arsenische (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 04:26:43 PM

I downloaded the most recent Opera and did a standard install on a clean XP without any adjustments. The cookie still gets set only partially.
Besides, the cookie stores successfully the session id, so you can as well handle the rest of the data server-side in the $_SESSION array after doing the session_start().
No need to store all the other information on the client side.

I decided to store this data on the client side because browser knows when it's session is over. And that is crucial to ensure that visitors get redirected to sites that correspond to the images they see in their browsers. I don't rely on server here because I am not sure how/when it clears session data after clients gets disconnected.

I think I solved the issue (fixed cookie path). Please let me know if you still can reproduce it. Thank you very much for participation.

Bitsky

View Profile
February 08, 2012, 05:21:05 PM

I decided to store this data on the client side because browser knows when it's session is over. And that is crucial to ensure that visitors get redirected to sites that correspond to the images they see in their browsers. I don't rely on server here because I am not sure how/when it clears session data after clients gets disconnected.

I think I solved the issue (fixed cookie path). Please let me know if you still can reproduce it. Thank you very much for participation.
PHP too has the ability to manage session expire times (look at session_cache_expire() and session.gc_maxlifetime). Plus, you can set up an hourly find in cron to look for old sessions stored in the tmp directory and clean them up.
Seems to work in FF5 and Opera11 now.

flix
Legendary

Activity: 1227
Merit: 1000

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 01:12:12 PM

I just developed Anonymous Ads service.

Here are some features (derived from Bitcoin Pyramid):

no password or email address needed (neither for affiliates, nor for advertisers)
automatic withdrawals when income hits the threshold of 0.011 btc (with a small fee of 0.001 btc)
all the info is published on the site: daily backups of the whole mysql database are available at http://anonymousads.com/backups
there is almost nothing to hack

Very nice. Will try it. Any data on how many bitcoins are being paid out?
Firegod

Activity: 7
Merit: 0

View Profile
February 09, 2012, 07:02:18 PM

Legit service. Just got a free 0.13 for putting it in my sig on a high traffic forum.
Phinnaeus Gage
Legendary

Activity: 1918
Merit: 1570

Bitcoin: An Idea Worth Spending

View Profile WWW
February 09, 2012, 07:53:32 PM

Here's something to strive for: http://www.wordstream.com/articles/google-earnings
1QaZxSw2

Activity: 89
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 11, 2012, 09:45:00 PM

I've been using this service on one of my sites and I'm pleased.

I hope this will destroy google ad-sense. Google ad-sense is a terrible business model that has extremely unfriendly service. I have heard stories where adsense on sites was abruptly disabled when the balance was just under $100. Just a few clicks before they had to cut a check. And the appeals process is basically a dead end. I later heard about hundreds of stories like this. Granted, some of them probably violated one or the other TOS but couldn't be all. Ok, $100 is not much to one blogger but if google is does this to 10,000 of bloggers, they just lined their pockets with $1million.

But all the bitching aside, ad-sense is a 90's technology that depends on the following:

* Trust the advertiser
* Trust the site owner
* Trust google
* Trust ad-sense to give fair rewards

If you look at this objectively, none of the above are trustworthy. Site owners may click their own ads (despite google's absurd threats that they can "detect it" with their "sophisticated" systems.) Google as I said may be cutting off small bloggers just before a check needs to be sent. And no one can verify what ad-sense is doing with their CTR and RPM and all other smoke and mirrors (yes, it appears to be sensible, but frankly there is no way to know verify if one ad deserves $0.25 vs $2.50). The advertiser himself cannot be trusted since some of them click their own ads to make it to the top entry of a google ad banner. This needs something new and revolutionary to kill it and anonymous ads could just be it.

A word to the creator. Do not sell out to google. Sell out to microsoft or some one else if you wish, but I wouldnt advise that either. You really want to go down in history as the one who humbled google.
matthewh3
Legendary

Activity: 1372
Merit: 1003

View Profile WWW
February 11, 2012, 09:52:07 PM

I've been using this service on one of my sites and I'm pleased.

I hope this will destroy google ad-sense. Google ad-sense is a terrible business model that has extremely unfriendly service. I have heard stories where adsense on sites was abruptly disabled when the balance was just under $100. Just a few clicks before they had to cut a check. And the appeals process is basically a dead end. I later heard about hundreds of stories like this. Granted, some of them probably violated one or the other TOS but couldn't be all. Ok, $100 is not much to one blogger but if google is does this to 10,000 of bloggers, they just lined their pockets with $1million.

But all the bitching aside, ad-sense is a 90's technology that depends on the following:

* Trust the advertiser
* Trust the site owner
* Trust google
* Trust ad-sense to give fair rewards

If you look at this objectively, none of the above are trustworthy. Site owners may click their own ads (despite google's absurd threats that they can "detect it" with their "sophisticated" systems.) Google as I said may be cutting off small bloggers just before a check needs to be sent. And no one can verify what ad-sense is doing with their CTR and RPM and all other smoke and mirrors (yes, it appears to be sensible, but frankly there is no way to know verify if one ad deserves $0.25 vs $2.50). The advertiser himself cannot be trusted since some of them click their own ads to make it to the top entry of a google ad banner. This needs something new and revolutionary to kill it and anonymous ads could just be it.

A word to the creator. Do not sell out to google. Sell out to microsoft or some one else if you wish, but I wouldnt advise that either. You really want to go down in history as the one who humbled google.

Yeah but AdSense is paying me an average of £0.83 a click this service is paying me less than an average of £0.01 a click.  I'll keep using it for now tho as I think Bitcoin ads are more relevant for my blog with it being about Bitcoin also I'm supporting the Bitcoin community by using it and the Bitcoin ads get more clicks than the AdSense ads.  Although this service pays peanuts  Angry

1QaZxSw2

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 12:33:01 AM

Yeah but AdSense is paying me an average of £0.83 a click this service is paying me less than an average of £0.01 a click.  I'll keep using it for now tho as I think Bitcoin ads are more relevant for my blog with it being about Bitcoin also I'm supporting the Bitcoin community by using it and the Bitcoin ads get more clicks than the AdSense ads.  Although this service pays peanuts  Angry

... for now.

For a service that has just started a few days ago, thats very very good.
matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 12:47:22 AM

... for now.

For a service that has just started a few days ago, thats very very good.

What are http://anonymousads.com/ profits percent compared to legit users?  I know it's new and I want to support Bitcoin but I don't want to be ripped off.  I'm also looking at https://www.operationfabulous.com/ for Bitcoin advertising but they haven't got back to me yet?

matthewh3
Legendary

View Profile WWW
February 12, 2012, 02:12:16 AM

How about adding a pending withdrawals section to the affiliate's page?  So we know how much we have pending to be paid on the next payment.

1QaZxSw2

View Profile
February 12, 2012, 02:18:03 AM

What are http://anonymousads.com/ profits percent compared to legit users?  I know it's new and I want to support Bitcoin but I don't want to be ripped off.  I'm also looking at https://www.operationfabulous.com/ for Bitcoin advertising but they haven't got back to me yet?

http://anonymousads.com/howitworks

They claim to only take 0.001 BTC per payment from advertiser to affiliate. If anonymous ads is taking too big a chunk, I suppose they would be discovered pretty quickly and business would move to other competition.

I'm sure other competing services will pop-up very quickly and they will all be good.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: