Bitcoin Forum
April 19, 2024, 11:46:17 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 26.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2972 times)
Psychee

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:50:07 PM

so do not be fooled by unknown companies I can advise you where you will not be deceived by Socratus

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Even if you use Bitcoin through Tor, the way transactions are handled by the network makes anonymity difficult to achieve. Do not expect your transactions to be anonymous unless you really know what you're doing.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
megaflux7

Activity: 140

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 09:58:59 PM

Wow. That is about $2k plus. My apologies bro. But where did you get the telegram link or was the official telegram hacked? I think it is safe to follow the telegram address on the project website or official bitcointalk account to prevent future re-occurence. My apologies once again
fempat

Activity: 331
Merit: 13

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:00:33 PM

Sorry for the loss. Many projects remind potential investors to bookmark their ICO website in order to guard against this. But there are many ways scammers can get at the investors. How did this happen? Were you sent an email asking you to participate in the presale, or you visited a phishing site. I'd like to know how it happened so as to guard against such.

KryptoKai

Activity: 630
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:03:02 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

Wow, sorry dude. This is one i have never heard of so thanks for the warning. Someone is trying to scam me as well by joining the same bounty as me and using a different eth wallet address! Lucky i noticed it, just alerted the bounty manager who will hopefully resolve it. Be careful everyone!

Warry

Activity: 308

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:04:15 PM

The fraud as you have encountered is widespread. Therefore, before dealing with any stranger, you should go through the escrow, and if you are the impersonator of the ICO project, you need to confirm in the telegram group before transferring the crypto to them to minimize the risk when trading with anonymous.
mynamehere

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:05:56 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

i am so sorry to hear that but do not be disappointed and do not give uo and i thonk that you will cope with this situation soon
420moviez

Activity: 728
Merit: 500

Open and Transparent Science Powered By Blockchain

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:09:18 PM

I agree, the lesson is serious. Now there are a lot of such situations and one must be so cautious, because at every step they can deceive. I wish you that such lessons were as small as possible

babay_ko

Activity: 98
Merit: 10

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:10:10 PM

You see, sometimes people do not know how to learn from other people's mistakes. But you have acquired a very valuable lesson and experience in your life.

mynamehere

Activity: 574

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:12:09 PM

The fraud as you have encountered is widespread. Therefore, before dealing with any stranger, you should go through the escrow, and if you are the impersonator of the ICO project, you need to confirm in the telegram group before transferring the crypto to them to minimize the risk when trading with anonymous.
this is a verysad ztory, bir you are not the only one and i thin,t hat thwpere are a lot of people who have also been scammed
Hoxysado

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:14:49 PM

this is really too sad and i tho k that you will find enough strength in yourself to fight woth this situation and nmove ob
Hoxysado

Activity: 392

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:15:32 PM

this is a verysad ztory, bir you are not the only one and i thin,t hat thwpere are a lot of people who have also been scammed
people can get scam,ed, and unfortunatelly it heppensa more odten thae n we would like it to. move on and hold on, you will cope
valnd

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

Until the end of time

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:16:20 PM

It's really bad such thing happened to you, I know how you will be feeling right now considering the bearish market condition and the lost, Just take heart and move on, And thanks sharing with us to learn from your experience.
jhongzjhong

Activity: 798
Merit: 109

https://bmy.guide

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:17:16 PM

i am so sorry to hear that but do not be disappointed and do not give uo and i thonk that you will cope with this situation soon
What are you trying to say? Are you drunk?
Well, to OP that was your lesson you must be researchful first before you grab the opportunity, because just like that situation you've never know you putting all your money into risk and turns nothing. Can I ask you why you invest in that huge amount to them? The good thing more convincing to me that it is true if you include to post here the TX hash.
So, next time be careful.

hollet

Activity: 163

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:23:54 PM

it's a bad experience, as an investor and bounty hunter, we should be more careful to follow an ico, because if we are not careful we could have got a scam ico. experience ever passed can be a learning in choosing ico in the future. and hopefully not to find a scam ico again.
stellaekun

Activity: 234

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:27:59 PM

That is so painful. It is always best you get your links from ICO rating sites, they usually have the correct links to the website and social media accounts.My sympathies please
Trollinator

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:28:15 PM

Oh wow!! That’s terrible to hear; 5 eth is a lot!! I was planning to joint the Iagon bounty campaign but many things raised red flags and pulled out!! Smells like a scam.
danggoron

Activity: 560
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 10:51:43 PM

I'm sorry to hear that. It's a very expensive experience, you lose 5 ETH. Well, the fraudsters are getting smarter to hide their crimes, we must make sure that the websites and social media accounts and their chat groups are official accounts. One thing we need to understand does not believe it easily if someone sends you a PM to ask for some money or join an ICO project. Have you reported the Iagon scammer telegram group?

alex_andr25

Activity: 364
Merit: 107

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 10:52:15 PM

How can you invest such large amounts in one project?, it is better to distribute these 5 ETH for several hundred dollars to different projects, this increases the chance, not to lose all money and at least to return something.

Transformbitz

Activity: 434
Merit: 101

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:03:28 PM

DOn't get fooled and scammed by those scammers. Be aware on technology on the internet some will give you high returns but let's make it shorter you must take care of your money and keep it safe. Put your private key on a safe way. Ask help or permission if you want too.
$$$sparkles$$$

Activity: 350
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:09:26 PM

It really does suck when these things happen. Which is why we should be extra vigilant in choosing projects to participate in. Bad elements are lurking around the internet space all the time seeking for new victims. These are smart people and the only way to counter them is to be smart ourselves!

Pages: « 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: