Bitcoin Forum
July 06, 2024, 03:14:44 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 3003 times)
gela888gela

Activity: 141
Merit: 0

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:12:55 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
A very disappointing event, of course, I am very sorry for your loss. More and more ways are being done by fraudsters. Hopefully the incident becomes learning and more vigilant in making decisions.
Swenna

Activity: 364
Merit: 106

View Profile WWW
June 29, 2018, 11:13:25 PM

If this is real, then I feel sorry for you. But in any case, there a lots of ways from which you can have chosen to how you will invest. When you invest, you need to sign up in their website with your information and then afterwards, the process of investment are given. In your case, you joined a telegram with 350+ members which is fishy enough but didn't bother to pay attention. Iagon is quite known in the community so it is impossible to only have 350+ members. Also, you chatted with the CEO and instructed you to send eth to invest instead of visiting their site which is odd. Too many loopholes in this scenario, most people with common sense could have sensed that there was something wrong.
amacar2
Legendary

Activity: 1120
Merit: 1008

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:23:36 PM

You should always check ann thread of the coins and visit the official token sale page. Don't trust any telegram channel or email you might got from email that looks like official.

Sorry for your loss but you should and many other should learn lesson from this.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit AirDrop $.|.Get 700 YoDollars for Free!.🏆
rockyfeller

Activity: 406
Merit: 101

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
June 29, 2018, 11:36:00 PM

You should always check ann thread of the coins and visit the official token sale page. Don't trust any telegram channel or email you might got from email that looks like official.

Sorry for your loss but you should and many other should learn lesson from this.
I agree that we should check ann thread first before joining their token sale. I think telegram is a nice one to interact with the developer and team. I also look at their twitter and facebook page for some update.

███  ████     BAANX  |  The Cryptobank Revolution     ████  ███
▬▬▬  ►  ▬▬▬  ANN  Whitepaper  Telegram  Facebook  Twitter  Medium  ▬▬▬  ◄  ▬▬▬
PRE-SALE IS OPEN!  ▬▬  Register for 100BXX!  ▬▬  Subscribe to our NEWSLETTER

Hazaki

Activity: 406
Merit: 156

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 12:12:39 AM

Being scammed is a possible outcome in whatever field in the world , and on top of them comes the altcoin market . Numerous altcoins are created to either be used for chilling or are just total scams that are made by teams that the best accurate description for them is "jokes" .
Sadly retrieving your money or reversion the transaction is not possible due and i presume you already know that .
What i advice you tho is to fight for your money and expose the bastards , bad publicity means bad reputation and that means they'll not get an other bit from anyone else .
Try contacting trusted members to help you expose them if they got an account on the forum ..
Yaunfitda

Activity: 2898
Merit: 600

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:38:57 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Aww. That really sucks man. I'm not aware of Iagon but why did you join the Telegram though? What not look at the official website so that at least you will be safe. This is the first time that I heard this kind of scam being pull off by those criminals. Yes, I'm calling them criminals because they all are a bunch who steal other money. So just be careful out there because scammers are just around the corner.

███████████████████████████████
███▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀███████████
█████████████▀▀        ▀▀██████
██████▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀████
██████████▀     ▄▄██▄▄     ▀███
██████████      ██████      ███
██████████▄     ▀▀██▀▀     ▄███
██████▄▄▄▄▄▄              ▄████
█████████████▄▄        ▄▄██████
███▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████████
|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████▄
▄███▀▄▄███████▄▄▀███▄
▄██▀▄█▀▀▀█████▀▀▀█▄▀██▄
▄██▄██████▀████░███▄██▄
███░████████▀██░████░███
███░████░█▄████▀░████░███
███░████░███▄████████░███
▀██▄▀███░█████▄█████▀▄██▀
▀██▄▀█▄▄▄██████▄██▀▄██▀
▀███▄▀▀███████▀▀▄███▀
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
SSC NAPOLI
OFFICIAL EUROPEAN
BETTING PARTNER
|.ROLLBOTS.|
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀█████▄
▄█████████▀████████▀████▄
██████▄▄▄█████▄▄█████████
█████████████████████████
██████▀▀▀█████▀▀█████████
▀█████████▄████████▄████▀
▀██▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
ROLLBIT COIN
TRADE RLB NOW!
|...PLAY NOW...
WaffleMaster

Activity: 966
Merit: 546

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:42:56 AM

Oh yikes, 5 ETH is definitely more than I've lost in my internet ventures of randomly buying things and trusting people occasionally. The kind of ironic part is that even if you managed to go to the right telegram and buy into the ICO the likelihood of you STILL being scammed by the ICO is very high Grin so at least you can rest easy knowing that most likely you would have been scammed either way.
Lagduf

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 01:57:59 AM

Sometimes there is a project that hasn't yet created an announcement thread in this place. The only important thing for him to remember about never try to open any PMs in his telegram app. I thought that the developer has been putting a pinned massage in the telegram group.

▄████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
 ████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████▄▄
█████                 ▀▀███▄
█████▄                   ▀██▄
███▀███▄                  ███
███  ▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ███
███     ▀▀▀▀▀███████████▄▄██▀
███                   ▀▀████
███      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██████▀▄█▄
███   ▄███████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀   ▀██
███ ▄██▀▀                  ██
██████                    ██▀
█████                   ▄██▀
▀████▄       ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████▀
 ▀
█████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
billionair
A TOKEN POWERED RAFFLE PLATFORM
IN THE BSC ECOSYSTEM
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████▀███████▀   ▀▀▀▄███
███▌  ▀▀███▌       ▄███
███▀               ████
███▄              █████
████▄            ██████
█████▄▄        ▄███████
████▄       ▄██████████
███████████████████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
███████████████████████
████████████████▀▀█████
███████████▀▀▀    █████
██████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ██████
███▄     ▄█▀     ██████
██████▄ █▀      ███████
███████▌▐       ███████
████████ ▄██▄  ████████
██████████████▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀
▄█████████████████████▄
█████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██████
███▀ ████████████ ▀████
██  ██████▀▀▀██  █  ███
██  ████▀ ███ ▀███  ███
██  ███▀ █████ ▀██  ███
██  ███▄ █████ ▄██  ███
██  █████ ▀▀▀ ████  ███
██  ██████████████  ███
███▄ ████████████ ▄████
▀████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█████▀
▄███████▀▀▀▀████████▀▀▀▀█████████▄
█████▀  ▄▄██▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██▄▄  ▀███████
█████  ▀▀▀              ▀▀▀  █████
███                            ███
██                              ██
██        ████      ████        ██
█        ██████    ██████        █
█         ████      ████         █
█                                █
█      ▀▄▄              ▄▄▀      █
██▄      ▀▀█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█▀▀      ▄██
███▄▄      ██████████      ▄▄█████
███████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████
▀████████████████████████████████▀
JOIN AIRDROP
dangwapo311

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:01:08 AM

Man I know your pain. I once got scammed to by those scammers on telegram. They pm me said they where one of the admins and gave me instructions then turns out he was not one of the people behind the project after all. I know it sucks but the lesson here is to be careful when dealing with people.
tweetbit

Activity: 560
Merit: 112

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 02:01:34 AM

Glad to hear your story and experienced for others to learn from it or even be vigilant more. I know that there is always a times that we are on the rush in investing on something that we forget to double check it’s legitimacy and blame them to others. But don’t, we have to accept the fact of our imperfections and move on with it then start a new strength to be a much better investor.

HODL
zeze18

Activity: 938
Merit: 256

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:26:42 AM

becareful on joining any ICO, do your own research, don't follow people opinion.
Many ICOs are scam right now and the scammer cannot be arrested, that's why too many scam ico right now, stay safe.
mickeybuddy27

Activity: 429
Merit: 102

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:30:11 AM

A very disappointing event, of course, I am very sorry for your loss. More and more ways are being done by fraudsters. Hopefully the incident becomes learning and more vigilant in making decisions.
It feel so tiring when you know that you got scammed but you have no idea how. It makes you give up and stop doing things but later on gonna realize that stop won't be a better solution. Be careful next time around and better to learn a lesson form what happened and do not make same mistake again.

trina

Activity: 322
Merit: 1

" Blockchain meets social network "

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 03:34:03 AM

thank you for sharing your experience, hopefully you continue to be given the fortitude of the incident, hopefully soon be able to replace more. which obviously need to be remembered before you spend your money for an investment would be much better if you see the review of the project do not rush out your money just because interested in a very large profit offer.

🌕 ⟦ 𝗩 𝗘 𝗡 𝗨 𝗦 ⟧ - Currency for Broomstickk. 🌕
https://myvenus.ooo
🖥 📱 💻 Broomstickk - Decentralized Social Network 💻 📱 🖥
klavuhn

Activity: 126

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:38:29 AM

Did you transfer it by yourself or automatic. Did you realize that it transfer ETH to that wallet? Maybe next time you have to be more careful to preventing from losses.
bagikoin

Activity: 784
Merit: 250

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 03:44:12 AM

It's not the amount that a little bit and I became one sorry to hear it. better next time and meticulous analysis of the first seriously so that this incident does not happen again. 5 ethereum is a value that is not a little. so use this as a lesson for the next investment.

_▄▄▄▄
▄██████
▀"▀██████
     `█████
_▄▄▄▄.  Y████
,███████▄. Y█████
,███P'   `██p`█████
,d███'          `██████
o███P _▄▄██▄▄_    `██████
,████',d████████L    Y██████
d███P,████████████b    Y███████
d█████d██████████████    ]████████
d█████████P'd████████P    d█████████
,██████████'  Y█████████ooo██████[Y████
d██████████'    Y████████████████P  Y████
, ██████████[        ▀▀▀████████▀▀▀    d████
 ███████████.         __        ____▄▄███████
█████████████L_       `"██████████████████▀▀▀
████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄                     
██████████████████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄   
  ████████████████████████████████████████████ 
     ██████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀         
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   ESSENCE OF A PROJECT
ECOSTARTEcoStart will be a reliable platform for creating
applications for financing green projects,
ecology and sharing the economy.
Instant and transparent
financing of environmental
projects.

WHITEPAPER
ONEPAGER

[....
JOIN
....]
WE CREATE
A CRYPTOCURRENCY
FOR OUR PLANET
Henisusan

Activity: 658
Merit: 250

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:47:39 AM

So sorry to know that. Well, nowadays, we may face many scams ICO that will make us lost of anything. Here, what we must do is that's right as you said, be careful. It is very important to be more and more careful when going to participate in ICO and crypto. We must do the deep analysis and exact considerations regarding to all elements of a good ICO. Just be patient man and move to other ICOs with big carefulness.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
hydrococo

Activity: 196

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:52:33 AM

It is true. We're supposed to feel confident that everything in crypto is an uncertainty. This will make us do more careful in choosing a project. I'm sure it's not just you who feel stuck. Yet many people have experienced similar things. The key is never to feel desperate, try again and make learning not to repeat the same mistakes.

▰▰▰   MODULE   ▰▰▰
▐▃ CRYPTOECONOMIC ECOSYSTEM ON A CLOUD STORAGE NETWORK ▃▌
https://modltoken.io/
Ravenzy666

Activity: 98

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 03:57:58 AM

are you sure that Iagon is a scam? are you sure it is the official group of Iagon? Please share with us the direct link, so that the same event also does not happen to others. You should be more careful, because the more scammers like the example of a fake telegram group. You must first make sure that it is really an official group.
lafter

Activity: 378

View Profile WWW
June 30, 2018, 03:58:41 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH.  

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
It is sad for you to meet the scammer when the amount of 5 ETH is quite large. You seem to be careless, do not check the information. When investing in a project, you should check their website so you can search for information about telegrams when you need help. Phishing by telegram I see a lot, do not believe the DM to you and call for investment. Always be careful when investing, because making money is not easy.
DmitriySar

Activity: 392
Merit: 100

View Profile
June 30, 2018, 04:19:16 AM

I'm sorry that you ran into scammers, now there are a lot of scammers, and they come up with more clever ways of cheating. You should always check the data several times, only this can increase the likelihood that you will not be deceived.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: