Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 04:02:02 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2999 times)
akunta

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:05:56 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
whenever i read something like this it makes me wonder how long such story could exist. can't those scam understand it all comes back in the end? and there's no religious hint, it's just basic laws of energy

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
chocopapaya

Activity: 686
Merit: 131

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:10:02 PM

That's terrible, and 5 eth is a lot.
Currently the price is down, but eth was $1000 plus dollars for quite a while and will go back up to that price.

The most common way for people to get scammed is the fake donation address.
People pretend to be a company and give a different address instead of the official one.
It can be elaborate where thy make a copy of the official website but change the url slightly.
Of it can be as simple messages popping up on social  media.

As a general rule, every legitimate ico will have just one payment portal and will never ask for donations through social media.
Instead, they will direct people tot he official payment place.

allanr

Activity: 345
Merit: 114

View Profile WWW
September 20, 2018, 04:19:16 PM

wow, not a small amount, I'm sorry about what happened to you.
before you send eth do you check first? My advice is to be more careful in doing something, especially about money, so you don't regret it later.

check the team behind the project, learn about the purpose of the project and also its vision and mission.
Kemileye

Activity: 573
Merit: 11

View Profile
September 20, 2018, 04:27:26 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Oh that's really a bad experience and I think everyone will also learn from it. Those scammers are not resting at anytime until they get something tangible. We should all be careful whenever we are investing in ICO and that's why the legit ICO telegram admin will never send you personal message in order to contribute.

Oikos.cash      Decentralized Finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
     github  ◥ telegram   ◥ twitter   ◥ discord            synthetic asset trading  
                             ❱❱❱   JOIN OIKOS   ❰❰❰                     trustless token exchange  
Wicked Sick

Activity: 293

View Profile
September 21, 2018, 04:56:38 AM

Sorry about your experience, we should all take this as a lesson, it is better to be safe than sorry so when participating in new coins we should make sure that all of the information that we have followed is the correct one before sending any money anywhere. I am sure that there are countless people who have fallen for this. Be careful out here guys

harbin55

Activity: 615
Merit: 258

View Profile
September 23, 2018, 10:00:08 AM

I think all or maybe almost all of the people here in the market industry of cryptocurrency got scammed already. You will not learn to be a good trader and hodler if you have not got scammed for me. People nowadays was making all the strategy and techniques though to suck up money from others. Scam is very normal on this now. There's any law on here though so the scam is freely perform here.
Lake20
Copper Member

Activity: 126
Merit: 0

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 11:21:50 AM

This is so painful to read, am very sorry for your loss. Scammers are getting more sophisticated and we need to always fully check references many times or join the project Telegram group directly from their website.
kafiddrhman

Activity: 518
Merit: 250

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 02:47:34 PM

Ohh, buddy. I'm so sorry to hear that.
But it's OK, don't be sad again. Life must go on, right?
Let's learn from that accident, we should research very carefully when we want to join any projects.
gurunanakji777

Activity: 2128
Merit: 100

SOL.BIOKRIPT.COM

View Profile
September 27, 2018, 04:01:35 PM

That's very sad you got scammed but one must be more cautious while buying or paying coins. Your little negligency cost you 5 ethereum its a quite big amount. One must learn a lesson from your mistakes. In future always follow the bitcoin thread do not search it with name If you did join group through bitcointalk thread there is no chance to be trapped by scammers. Always double check the address when you are paying to anyone & always do report scammed groups so that they can be blocked and won't be able to scam further anyone.

thunderbitz2717

Activity: 594

View Profile
September 28, 2018, 04:12:51 PM

You're not the only one who got scammed here dude, and every mistake we most often take it a lesson learned. Just sad to hear that you lost 5 Ethereum. But anyway, next time you know what to do now. Just my piece of advise to you is do more research about in crypto or bitcoin, because feeding yourself a knowledge is good thing to apply. Good luck!
MNtrio

Activity: 248

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:22:49 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH.  

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
Scammers are everywhere, it can be a person who will scam you, or it can even be an app. Those people who made it only want an easy money. The best thing for us to do is to think wisely inorder for us to decrease the percentage of being scammed.
Milla Komani

Activity: 224

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:29:27 PM

Yes, in this world, it is easy to fall for scammers. Therefore, you must be extremely careful. Do not worry, so it was for many
onemoretime8520

Activity: 265

The World’s First Blockchain Core

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 01:34:07 PM

ohh  i am really sorry to hear that hope it will be a lesson to you and it won t be repeated again and i am sure that you are going to be from now on very careful and will win more than your goal...because after the rain  comes rainbow.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ■        SKYNET        ■ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▐▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬     PRIVATE SALE is LIVE     ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▌
Whitepaper   Bounty   Bitcointalk  ■  Facebook   Twitter   Telegram
sergei1703

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:11:42 PM

Of course it was the scam ICO campaign. In order to prevent investing in SCAM you MUST check carefully all the aspects of ICO project: team, registration, reviews and other things.
turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:19:24 PM

This stiuation like that is really bad for all of us. None of us don't want to lose any money for a nothing so we have to be carefull to invest a ico or like this. Actually I think that ıt is really bad time to invest to any ico or like that things.

MUG1WARA

Activity: 1008
Merit: 101

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:27:07 PM

that is very bad news, but indeed at the end of this we see a lot of ico who are scam and very detrimental to investors and then they bring the money and live properly, this cannot be left so that no other victims are part of the fraud

Tashi

Activity: 391

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:31:51 PM

I feel sorry for your loss, 5 Eth is a huge amount. This is why we should be more careful and attentive when it comes to websites that involves cryptocurrencies and transactions. Better careful next time.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
Dr. Coin

Activity: 262

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:32:04 PM

hey, dont be upset! surely now you will be more attentive to such kind of schemes.and i hope that you'll get your money back in another way, it usually happens that way.

~~~~~~~  DR. COIN  ~~~~~~~
MisterLangley

Activity: 658

View Profile
October 03, 2018, 02:35:59 PM

If this is really an experience that you experience, then it's great for me. However, if the post you wrote in this thread is not an event that you experienced, it could be fatal for you. I assume this is really what you feel, therefore, be careful to believe something.
hell_slayer

Activity: 728
Merit: 139

View Profile WWW
October 03, 2018, 02:37:13 PM

It is always sad to hear that someone was deceived by scammers, but the most annoying thing is that in each such case, the whole fault lies on the victim.  Sad The victims are too careless and inattentive, so that the scammers just have to use it and steal money . Before contacting / forwarding money to someone, make sure that you are communicating in the official channel and talking to an official representative of a project . This simple rule will save you a lot of money ....
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: