Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 10:00:57 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2999 times)
doycku

Activity: 560
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:18:34 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
This is a regrettable situation that has been encountered very often in recent times. This is especially true of the top projects that ICOs carry out, there are a lot of participants here and everyone wants to get into the whitelist, and sometimes the participants are in such a hurry that they do not thoroughly check the address where they send their money. Personally, I did not get into such situations, but my friends suffered from such actions of fraudsters.
Today, you need to be very careful, because the cryptocurrency business attracts a lot of attention to scammers. There are many ways to make easy money and therefore we must be careful not to lose what we have or not to work for someone.
Khiceog

Activity: 196
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:21:23 PM

How did you managed to move to the fake account? As for me it is obvious that all links are listed on the ICO official websites and there is no other source of truth.
whirlcoin

Activity: 602
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 05:34:27 PM

If you start to invest and any project without doing any intensive research then you deserved to be scam and this could be your best lesson towards any kind of investment so next time don't do invest just by seeing any message you can find most of the scammers by exploring the sscam accusation section of our forum.
powerman24

Activity: 448
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:00:16 PM

There are so many phishing  sites done professionally that many non -experienced  users get into their trap.
This  is why I always check the URL when entering to any site connected with crypto and checking the official ETH adress in Etherscan prior investing.

▄ ◤ DAGO Mining ◥ ▄  ▐░ ECOLOGICAL BITCOIN MINING ░▌
【We produce energy from renewable sources to use it for mining and the blockchain.】
ANN THREADFACEBOOKTWITTERWHITEPAPERYOUTUBE
Denreal

Activity: 784
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:23:59 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

That is quite pathetic, because that is a huge amount you lost. I saw the same telegram link too, but since i joined the real telegram channel, i knew it's a channel for scammers.
I tried checking for the fake telegram channel, but i found out it has been deleted.

For reference and future purpose, this is the real telegram channel:
http://t.me/Iagon_official
Alijiindahaus

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:36:32 PM

There are so many phishing  sites done professionally that many non -experienced  users get into their trap.
This  is why I always check the URL when entering to any site connected with crypto and checking the official ETH adress in Etherscan prior investing.
Today, fraudsters are becoming more sophisticated and are beginning to steal data with more sophisticated methods. But nevertheless, the really new users of cryptocurrencies are not very attentive and not very informed, Therefore, they also come across old Tricks.
PancherBitCoin

Activity: 812
Merit: 317

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 07:50:58 PM

Today, fraudsters are becoming more sophisticated and are beginning to steal data with more sophisticated methods. But nevertheless, the really new users of cryptocurrencies are not very attentive and not very informed, Therefore, they also come across old Tricks.
That's right, so you should always be very careful. No need to click on any links without first checking that it is safe. Do not store passwords and keys in the clipboard of your device. Do not give away personal data to questionable projects and resources.
apitico

Activity: 571
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:11:12 PM

In 99 percent of cases, when you are asked to send Ethereum or other payment units of cryptocurrency to some address, it is a Scam.

yazher

Activity: 2226
Merit: 586

You own the pen

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:47:39 PM

5 ETH is not a small amount of money, you should have been more careful when you want to make it double fold. well I guess your greediness has taken advantage of you. sometime we all gonna need to learn some lesson so if it happen to us in the future we know how to avoid it and not only us but some people too will gonna learn from this.
carriebee

Activity: 1148
Merit: 251

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 09:56:56 PM

Even in telegram their is a fake group as this scammer really spreading nowadays. So we have to be careful when having investing in Ico’s since their is a scams group of people. This is  lesson for you so next time you have to be careful.
Akany

Activity: 240
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:26:17 PM

Sorry man, that's a lot of money and hearing from your story its seemed to appear very legit but still you would have gotten more inquires for perfect assurance.

And it's also indeed as a lesson for others so we can take precaution.
CryptoToxicAvenger

Activity: 644
Merit: 111

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 10:43:34 PM

This is a very unpleasant situation. I understand you, I have lost my money more than once. But this is a really good lesson for us. It's good that now in the telegram chats in the attached message they write real data about the project team and call attention to the names of those who write to you, so as not to get caught in a scam.
sniper2018
Copper Member

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:06:24 PM

Really bro? Sorry to hear that and I guess, we need to be wise enough and be careful always next time so that we can avoid this. Much better if you invest only a small amount first so that you can observe the outcomed. And if you think it is legit, then that's the time you invest big amounts but make sure you can still managed your self incase you failed.
KuyaBreezy

Activity: 504

ONe Social Network.

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:11:53 PM

Yeah, it really is like that in this ecosystem, it seems like the far west with so many people trying to rip you off, everyone wants a piece of the cake, but instead of working honestly, they do scams to make the unwary fall, I don't blame you because anyone could get ripped off there, you just have to be much more careful next time.

jokowi

Activity: 867
Merit: 522

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:33:09 PM

Yes. I was cheated a lot. I did not know the rules of electronic money development. I have failed so hard, that is a valuable lesson for me. I bought the coin at a very high price but now you see it has bottomed out. Now I want to invest in something else better.
vrabac68

Activity: 364

View Profile
October 13, 2018, 11:56:48 PM

Brother sorry for you but better invest in projects that are on the market already . There are so many quality projects with great ideas for use case in the future . ICO is dangerous thing with scammers all around
selenophile

Activity: 244

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 10:53:50 AM

Oh sorry to hear that pal. I was also scammed once because it is very difficult to identify if which ICO is scam or the legit one. After that, I thought that it was a lesson learned. I promised to myself that i will be more vigilant next time.

bep42

Activity: 910
Merit: 500

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:06:44 PM

Be careful, there are lots of cheaters in the ICO market. The companies hardly ever place wallet addresses in the Telegram. You usually need to pass registration on the ICO website, and after that you are given an address in the personal account where you can invest.
kingsman03
Copper Member

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 01:09:13 PM

Ouch that was a bad news. Sorry about your loss but be careful next time there are many scammers out there so next time try to crosscheck before any transactions
jpnl0005

Activity: 448
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:22:14 PM

I am really sorry about that but i just noticed something with this scammers i think the new pattern now is telegram cause about two weeks ago i got a message on telegram from a supposed inmediate admin i missed the kyc period so i was happy that i could get back on the list,further into the conversation he asked me to send 0.0001eth for verification then i knew he was a scammer and i told him bye we should be very careful out there
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: