Bitcoin Forum
May 12, 2024, 09:03:31 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2994 times)
odranoel

Activity: 602
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 02:26:08 PM

Yes that scam is really true, because me, and my wife are joining bounty, we have different bounty that was in. But my wife has got scam because first they got twelve weeks to post, and later on their token distribution got in the third quarter as the admin says.Time flies there bounty was gone.So i conclude that there are some bounties are scam.Beware of them.

YouSeeMe  ♦   Bartcoin  ♦  Bartwallet
⚪ Infinite Possibilities ⚪
Pre-sale on Feb, 18
No Gods or Kings. Only Bitcoin
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Suares02man

Activity: 218

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 06:48:16 PM

I ran into a con man once, too. I'll tell you what, it's not the best feeling. To my happiness, I came to my senses in time and managed to get my money back.
Jrashid

Activity: 154
Merit: 26

Need Forum Moderator?? PM me.

View Profile WWW
October 14, 2018, 06:50:57 PM

It really sucks. But why the fuck you didn't join their official telegram and why the fuck you joined a wrong one? Any logic behind it? You didn't mention. Also, didn't you check the contract address from a trusted source? It's really sad that you guys don't get the lesson.
BTW, have you posted in the reputation?
Monta3002

Activity: 344
Merit: 257

EndChain - Complete Logistical Solution

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:06:45 PM

Be sure to be careful next time you join telegram groups because sometimes even if you joined the legit one a telegram user will pm you and asking to buy tokens with great bonus and it is a pure scam.

Bobwallet93

Activity: 150
Merit: 6

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:13:08 PM

Hi there!

Sad to hear you lost this amount of ETH!
i think a good lesson can be learned here, always go trough the official website links, for telegram aswell twitter etc.
Always double check it of you are goin to invest this amount of money.

Always make sure to report these scam activities!
Maybe you can help others out by preventing them fron buying a scam.

Greetings! Cool

WONO (https://wono.io/)
WONO is a Decentralized P2P-platform for exchange or rent of any assets and services.
blueteam09

Activity: 664
Merit: 100

📱 CARTESI 📱 INFRASTRUCTURE FOR SCA

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:17:09 PM

There are many ICOs that are of interest every day, and all of them have potential. But some scammers are around you, and they look for ways to contact you in any form to give you fake information to dispose of your money appropriately.

mickey_miner

Activity: 910
Merit: 250

Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 07:36:45 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH.  

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.
I never understood how people become victims of such tricks of swindlers. I always visit the official site of the project and look for a group of telegrams on the site.

,gaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaaaaaaagaaaaaaaag,
           ,aP8b    _,dYba,       ,adPb,_    d8Ya,
         ,aP"  Yb_,dP"   "Yba, ,adP"   "Yb,_dP  "Ya,
       ,aP"    _88"         )888(         "88_    "Ya,
     ,aP"   _,dP"Yb      ,adP"8"Yba,      dP"Yb,_   "Ya,
   ,aPYb _,dP8    Yb  ,adP"   8   "Yba,  dP    8Yb,_ dPYa,
 ,aP"  YdP" dP     YbdP"      8      "YbdP     Yb "YbP  "Ya,
I8aaaaaa8aaa8baaaaaa88aaaaaaaa8aaaaaaaa88aaaaaad8aaa8aaaaaa8I
`Yb,   d8a, Ya      d8b,      8      ,d8b      aP ,a8b   ,dP'
  "Yb,dP "Ya "8,   dI "Yb,    8    ,dP" Ib   ,8" aP" Yb,dP"
    "Y8,   "YaI8, ,8'   "Yb,  8  ,dP"   `8, ,8IaP"   ,8P"
      "Yb,   `"Y8ad'      "Yb,8,dP"      `ba8P"'   ,dP"
        "Yb,    `"8,        "Y8P"        ,8"'    ,dP"
          "Yb,    `8,         8         ,8'    ,dP"
            "Yb,   `Ya        8        aP'   ,dP"
              "Yb,   "8,      8      ,8"   ,dP"
                "Yb,  `8,     8     ,8'  ,dP" 
                  "Yb, `Ya    8    aP' ,dP"   
                    "Yb, "8,  8  ,8" ,dP"
                      "Yb,`8, 8 ,8',dP"
                        "Yb,Ya8aP,dP"
                          "Y88888P"
                            "Y8P"
                              "       

Free TON

PEER-TO-PEER MULTY-BLOCKCHAIN SYSTEM
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬.
▬▬▬TON SURF - OFFICIAL WALLET.

▄███████████████████▄
        █████████████████████
▄█████  █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
███     █████████████████████
██████  ████             ████
██████  █████████████████████
███     █████████████████████
███████ ▀███████████████████▀
▀███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄       ▀████
  ████▌                 ██ 
  ▐██▌                     
   █▌

TELEGRAM
FORUM
WIKI
Sarastiche

Activity: 532

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:18:59 PM

TO avoid being scammed in the future, ensure you take out time to recheck and confirm the project website, do not be in a hurry to invest, avoid the rush mechanism from developer, base on bonus announce, alot of lazy investors tends to  research after investing and this might be late.
ganpatsinh

Activity: 4
Merit: 0

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:27:47 PM

Oh, man sorry to hear that. These scammers are getting ever more creative. Was it a phishing scam? I mean, was the page they sent you to the exact replica of the legit Iagon page? And how did you end up visiting the wrong twitter page in the first place? Was it via google, other social networks, advertisement, or any other way? This info could be helpful to the other forum member to avoid the same mistake. You can never be too careful these days.
skip60

Activity: 630
Merit: 253

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:31:25 PM

ohh, sorry to hear that

and thanks for sharing this information with us, i am pretty sure that his post will help people

and we will be more carefull about such scam and better we do double check with offical site, btctalk thread and etc before we send coin

scammers are everywhere in crypto world, it is one of the reasons ordinary people afraids to invest in crypto

hopefully you will recover soon
stryker

Activity: 518

View Profile
October 14, 2018, 08:39:26 PM

I can sympathize with you. Although I do not know this feeling, but I understand how sad it is to lose money, which got not the easiest way.
Dancing_Lion

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:32:25 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

In modern terms, when fakes are everywhere, we could not be sure even about real projects and real social media accounts, so there is nothing strange.
Vanderbleek

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:48:36 AM

Shit happens bro. I am sorry to hear this, but I hope we all can learn from this. We need to be more careful and more selective with investing. Always to double check the groups, the payment addresses and so on. I hope nobody else participated in this scam.
smoker36

Activity: 406
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:43:05 AM

I am helping to create a single base of fakes in cryptocurrency industry. Can you please, give link to this channel so other people may not repeat your mistakes?
Alexeu00011

Activity: 182

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:00:45 PM

Today you can be scammed even by entire team, so telegram fake is really something rare. Thanks for your warnings, they could help a lot of investors.
Cryptodiscuss

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 08:26:43 PM

When fomo hits it really doesn't matter are you throwing your money in some pump and dump coin on exchange or in some ICO that you didn't properly researched before investing in it. I dont think that there is anyone in crypto trading that wasnt scammed at least once.
Nisharawal

Activity: 336
Merit: 11

I am no stable coin. to the mooonn.. and back

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 09:30:37 PM

This is reckless on your part, how can you invest in a company with huge amount of 5 Ether , amounting to about 2500 USD without any due diligence. You should have asked questions, on the telegram group, visit the website and contact them from there. Even the announcement thread can offer you more info.

Thanks, I now know that.  I had done due diligence on the company and the investment.  I should have been more careful with telegram.  I'm posting this more as a PSA than anything else.  I wouldn't have made the investment if I wasn't prepared to lose it -- I just didn't expect to lose it so quickly.

love your statement that you were ok with losing the investment- and the nice touch of joke in the end Smiley

Seriously, never had any occasions so far when somebody asks to send money through Telegram official site. usually that is for info only and to redirect to right places ..

▰▰▰▰ BLACK ▰▰▰▰
 ▰▰▰▰ Insurance Company on Blockchain   ▰▰▰▰
WHITEPAPER   JOIN TELEGRAM   ◄ Ann Thread ►
PlusOne88

Activity: 420

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:04:27 PM

This is the reason why we need to regulate cryptocurrency in a positive way. The governments in each country allowing cryptocurrencies should have the control over transactions like these. Only those that are registered companies or ICOs should be allowed to receive payments in the form of cryptocurrency or fiat. They should be submitting KYCs and not their clients or customers. So if ever they would be doing scam, surely they will end up in jail because all their identity are established and made known.

Diced90

Activity: 994
Merit: 515

Get'em boys

View Profile
October 22, 2018, 10:09:17 PM

You're not the only one, man. I got scammed of 1k just because I was in a rush and didn't take the time to think properly. Now that cost me quite a lot... painful loss.
mastersay

Activity: 322
Merit: 2

View Profile WWW
October 23, 2018, 08:41:17 AM

That is a disaster. But turns out that you learned a lessons from there. Because mostly in the telegram group right now. There are many users pretending to be admins, and they need to send you some money. Always avoid that case. The admin of the telegram group are restricted to pm the user first.

HARA │ Empowering billions through data one byte at a time
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: