Bitcoin Forum
May 02, 2024, 12:35:19 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: Well, I just got scammed  (Read 2990 times)
nulan

Activity: 393
Merit: 17

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 08:55:04 AM

That is a disaster. But turns out that you learned a lessons from there. Because mostly in the telegram group right now. There are many users pretending to be admins, and they need to send you some money. Always avoid that case. The admin of the telegram group are restricted to pm the user first.
of these things do not want to accept offers from telegrams, better visit the website directly and make sure the link is correct, and follow the official instructions of each project maybe that's the experience I got from this so many spammers here be careful.
The forum strives to allow free discussion of any ideas. All policies are built around this principle. This doesn't mean you can post garbage, though: posts should actually contain ideas, and these ideas should be argued reasonably.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
nonik

Activity: 367
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:04:33 AM

very sad to hear it, but this is an experience that you must have, I also experienced it, and from many of these things is a lesson that needs a lot of patience, especially if we join a new project and with a project that is not clear, you need a lot of learning and analysis of crypto market , especially at this time you can see the ico rank on the website, hopefully this can be our analysis in choosing.

ETERBASE | TRADE WITH NEGATIVE FEES
▬ xbase ▬▬▬■▌[SIGN UP NOW]▐■▬▬▬ xbase ▬
ANN THREAD   |    TELEGRAM    |    FACEBOOK    |    TWITTER
LastRolling

Activity: 308

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 09:18:49 AM

This madness needs to stop, so many people are getting scammed almost every month. The only thing that we can all do now is to double check everything, conduct research inorder to avoid getting scammed.
megaplage

Activity: 320

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:39:24 AM

5 ETH today does not seem to be big money. In addition, you may lost them investing the real project, which would not be able to make it to the exchanges.
hotforblockchain

Activity: 266
Merit: 26

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 10:46:16 AM

That sucks and is the first time i hear about this kind of scam. There should be much more information regarding telegram scams, there are tons of those shi*y people out there who will try to scam you. When i have time , i sometimes annoy them ( those who PM me in Telegram) for days saying that i i will invest and that i have sent them the funds already.

Whaletale
Copper Member

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

CurioInvest [IEO Live]

View Profile
October 23, 2018, 11:00:57 AM

It really suck but my concern is where did you get the link to the telegram and who posted it, that is where a search should start from cause I really dislike those mad fellow thinking only to scam people instead of adding value to human with their brain, well that has gone and you need to be very careful with dealing in ico and all these fake group I do join most from btc thread or through campaign manager that am in their group and already know their past n present work , not just any one giving or spamming then I joined.

Stervyatnik

Activity: 249
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 02:46:15 PM

Now it often happens, so you shouldn’t correspond with someone once again and tell about your interest in tokens, only in official groups!
alex_kir

Activity: 490
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:04:51 PM

The most important thing is not to give up and not to give up, because we all go through it and then nothing prevents us from starting all over again, because today the market is full of such participants, unfortunately.
lKSLMNSLKnkndlksnkJ

Activity: 770
Merit: 9

View Profile
October 30, 2018, 04:23:35 PM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

Really sucks.  The lesson is be careful out there.

The thing about scams is you don't realize it until it's too late.

While it's happening, it feels completely normal and natural, and you don't feel like you are doing anything wrong.

It's likely the last time that will ever happen to you due to the severity of the situation, but it's too bad you had to lose that amount of money to learn the lesson.

All it takes is a split second of inattention and you fall prey to the scammer.

The quest for yield at any costs has nearly destroyed humanity in the fiat era. 

Let's hope the move to crypto happens sooner than later so we can move beyond this sickening phase of the paradigm shift.

BEP-20  0x10f3Eb215Ee55f1B92c89420498aB832c53caBB9
ERC-20  0xFE4047353129ce0747632db8aFcfC2584391D824
organelles

Activity: 350

WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 11:44:39 AM

I wanted to participate in the Iagon pre-sale.  I joined what I thought was the official Iagon telegram.  Turned out it wasn't.  I followed the instructions on the pinned message, which directed me to send ETH to a specified wallet address.  Turned out it was all a scam, and I lost 5 ETH. 

This is happening way too much, I am so sorry that you lost your coins but I am also glad that you decided to post it here so that people will know what to look out for. We always have to make sure that we check that we are in the correct telegram group before we begin to invest in any coins, there are so many scammers out there and so many tricks up their sleeves

﹏﹏﹋﹌﹌ WPP ENERGY ﹌﹌﹋﹏﹏
☆═══━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═══☆
≈ WORLD POWER PRODUCTION ≈

【 BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN 】
☆═━┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈━═☆
tonibyuzen

Activity: 168
Merit: 1

“Justice as a Service Infrastructure”

View Profile
November 04, 2018, 02:10:36 PM

Scammers are becoming more and more inventive and this once again should remind us that we need to be more careful. Try several times to check the address of the site, pay attention to the number of participants in the group and social networks of the project. Such examples should remind us that you should not be lazy once again, especially when it comes to the possible loss of your money or personal information.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
GodsChosenVessel
Copper Member

Activity: 164
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 03:47:07 PM

Oh, so sorry!.
Well, I have heard a similar experience before. I participated in a bounty campaign, I devoted my time and wrote an article for them, only to realize I've been working for a fake project.
So just dust it off and move on to the next.

Ethereum Next is a brand-new cryptocurrency
 Twitter      ⟹ Ethereum Next  ⟸     telegram
slightmoon

Activity: 224

diceroll.xyz

View Profile WWW
November 10, 2018, 06:10:12 PM

Nowadays it's common in every ICO. Many scammers work in an intelligent way and setup all the things. It's good to invest from the main website and just for the min amount. Don't put the large amount just in the first try. Even ICO investment are more risky over the past days.  Shocked

xOdiumNostrumx

Activity: 1064
Merit: 101

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:09:20 PM

You will be rapidly learning from your own mistakes like in every aspect of your life. But its really easy to eliminate most of the dangers out there. Just follow the rules of not sharing your private keys under any circumstances, dont click suspicious links, always double check everything, dont trust the people you encounter randomly etc.
ameliana

Activity: 887

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:33:08 PM

You will be rapidly learning from your own mistakes like in every aspect of your life. But its really easy to eliminate most of the dangers out there. Just follow the rules of not sharing your private keys under any circumstances, dont click suspicious links, always double check everything, dont trust the people you encounter randomly etc.
Hacking can happen to anyone so you have to be patient and make this experience better. At this time a lot of hacking is happening, therefore we must be more serious in investing and choosing projects so that we will avoid hacking. as you say if you can't give a private key to anyone.
baigreen

Activity: 625

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:37:43 PM

Wow. Thanks for sharing your story. This is really bad. Scammers are everywhere. In all industries cryptocurrency. Sell ratings, create groups, and much more. We are all tired of them.
jhache

Activity: 518

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:41:16 PM

although it was a reasonable amount, you can see the positive side and appreciate the experience that you gained, I've seen that kind of scams lately, that's why so many admins of telegram groups leave a pinned message warning of such scams and remember to be very careful to who you send your money.

waldocarter

Activity: 378

The Premier Digital Asset Management Ecosystem

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 07:44:21 PM

Very hard lesson. Okay, now it is equivalent to $ 1000, but the price was 1000 $ for 1 ethereum, and if you consider that the price can return to this point, then you lost $ 5000, it is very hard, as for me

pinoy.bolanon

Activity: 350

"In CryptoEnergy we trust"

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:25:12 PM

I feel sorry for the experienced you had with that project friend, but maybe next time try to rely on the specific details on the website because it is the only way you can find exact details, all news and information being scattered everywhere are might be a way of scamming people and investors out there, so please be more cautious next time. Its hard to make money actually, so spend it very wisely.

┈┈┈┈┈ VECTORIUM ┈┈┈┈┈
In CryptoEnergy we trust
┈┈┈┈┈ MEDIUMTWITTERTELEGRAM ┈┈┈┈┈
rika0223

Activity: 634
Merit: 128

View Profile
November 10, 2018, 10:30:37 PM

well, I was concerned to hear that, indeed, there are now a lot of forms of fraudulent crime, people are very proud to commit fraud without thinking of other people who have struggled to get results but are stolen by them, be more careful.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: