Bitcoin Forum
April 27, 2024, 05:19:55 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102201 times)
lajz99

Activity: 756
Merit: 500

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:50:26 PM

I'm curious to see the difference in profitability vs other similar pools, has anyone done any testing?

Site looks AWESOME compared to others so I hope the profitability is at least comparable.

I don't know how you could do a fair comparison.  I do know my GPUs aren't constantly slowing down and speeding up as the pool switches coins.  It's also very stable, not triggering "pool is not responding" messages every hour or so, unlike another pool that I won't name here.

M

Run two identical cards, one on one pool, one on the other...  Maybe I'll try it out over the course of the next week or so if I can get my group to agree to it.

The grue lurks in the darkest places of the earth. Its favorite diet is adventurers, but its insatiable appetite is tempered by its fear of light. No grue has ever been seen by the light of day, and few have survived its fearsome jaws to tell the tale.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Carterwyang

Activity: 184
Merit: 10

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 04:55:23 PM

you should add coino to your pool, it'd be a bonus
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540
Merit: 1001

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:34:41 PM

I'm curious to see the difference in profitability vs other similar pools, has anyone done any testing?

Site looks AWESOME compared to others so I hope the profitability is at least comparable.

I don't know how you could do a fair comparison.  I do know my GPUs aren't constantly slowing down and speeding up as the pool switches coins.  It's also very stable, not triggering "pool is not responding" messages every hour or so, unlike another pool that I won't name here.

M

Run two identical cards, one on one pool, one on the other...  Maybe I'll try it out over the course of the next week or so if I can get my group to agree to it.

Even that isn't a fair comparison.  A week could have awful luck on one pool compared to another.

I know the recent change op put in seems to have helped immensely.  I think I know what it is was, if I'm right, it was a very clever addition.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
February 28, 2014, 05:36:29 PM

Op -- any chance you could add a referral link with an incentive to the referrer? Smiley I'd love to refer and get rewarded for it.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 01, 2014, 12:38:50 AM

The dashboard "Worker Summary" stopped working for me a couple of days ago, and the worker API doesn't work.

It's not a big deal, although it's nice information to have. Is this something I'm doing wrong, or part of the current "Beta" status?

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
JKBtCn

Activity: 224
Merit: 100

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:20:01 PM

Yikes! Unable to convert to BTC due to cryptsy API unreliability. I understand this is beta but boy do I not want to be stuck with half a million moon coins and other randoms that I'll have to transfer by hand!

Hoping for a quick fix...dont want to keep more BTC value on a beta site for long...guess I could manually transfer to cryptsy.   Undecided

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:50:25 PM

Yikes! Unable to convert to BTC due to cryptsy API unreliability. I understand this is beta but boy do I not want to be stuck with half a million moon coins and other randoms that I'll have to transfer by hand!

Hoping for a quick fix...dont want to keep more BTC value on a beta site for long...guess I could manually transfer to cryptsy.   Undecided

manual?  the pool auto pays out every hour.  I haven't had any problems so far with crypsty getting "stuck" on anything.  for 1.3% I'll convert it myself on cryptsy.

M

JKBtCn

Activity: 224

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 01:59:02 PM

manual?  the pool auto pays out every hour.  I haven't had any problems so far with crypsty getting "stuck" on anything.  for 1.3% I'll convert it myself on cryptsy.

M

Yes but as someone who has spent countless hours headlong into the markets, choosing coins and pools, exchange sites with good rate of exchange, etc to make a few extra bucks, I really like that ScryptGuild offers the option to trade mined coins to BTC...all on its site. Even if it really is literally 3-4 additional mouse clicks to DIY...I like the service. Maybe it's worth the 1.3%?

I wonder now though if now that direct trade options are down--and the most frequent coin mined over the past 2 days had been DOGE if I am correct--how this will affect BTC exchange estimates. i.e. yesterday DOGE was closer to 200 and today 180s. I suspect estimates on ScryptG will shrink...let's see.

NXT-XFAH-7N9C-6AS6-B3GLZ                BTC: 1MMzqYNNqQMMhY524Z9ThuQrRQW2whCmGk
NHZ: 8709719431783299770                 QORA | 2ND GEN | NEW SOURCE CODE | Qi24ssRqmEo3Wepv9pgdmqNuTDKQByiEfd
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 02:53:48 PM

M

Yes but as someone who has spent countless hours headlong into the markets, choosing coins and pools, exchange sites with good rate of exchange, etc to make a few extra bucks, I really like that ScryptGuild offers the option to trade mined coins to BTC...all on its site. Even if it really is literally 3-4 additional mouse clicks to DIY...I like the service. Maybe it's worth the 1.3%?

I wonder now though if now that direct trade options are down--and the most frequent coin mined over the past 2 days had been DOGE if I am correct--how this will affect BTC exchange estimates. i.e. yesterday DOGE was closer to 200 and today 180s. I suspect estimates on ScryptG will shrink...let's see.

If it was 0.5% I'd go for auto sell.  The markets don't fluctuate *that* much, odds are I'll come out ahead selling it myself.

M

ak49er

Activity: 672
Merit: 250

Buy, sell and store real cryptocurrencies

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 06:20:23 PM

If it was 0.5% I'd go for auto sell.  The markets don't fluctuate *that* much, odds are I'll come out ahead selling it myself.

M
I'm with you on this.  I think auto-convert is just too pricey an option right now.  I'd love for someone to correct me though but my thinking is this:  coins like LOT and LEAF bounce between say 10 and 11, (ignoring all those damn leading zeros!).  That's a 10% spread.  The spread on DOGE at any given time is like 0.5%.  Selling at market isn't nearly half as bad percentage wise with higher value coins, but if I manually trade I can get a better value on the lower ones.  Having said that we're talking 10-25% of a pittance, which is still a pittance, so I haven't convinced myself yet.  When it's fully implemented and extra options are available I'm going to set it up for DOGE at least, but the others I'll probably leave as is.

Which brings up another question - is it really worth mining something that's 0.00000003BTC?  I know that's all in Eleuthria's "black magic" algorithm, but I still wonder about it.

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 01, 2014, 09:14:28 PM

M
I'm with you on this.  I think auto-convert is just too pricey an option right now.  I'd love for someone to correct me though but my thinking is this:  coins like LOT and LEAF bounce between say 10 and 11, (ignoring all those damn leading zeros!).  That's a 10% spread.  The spread on DOGE at any given time is like 0.5%.  Selling at market isn't nearly half as bad percentage wise with higher value coins, but if I manually trade I can get a better value on the lower ones.  Having said that we're talking 10-25% of a pittance, which is still a pittance, so I haven't convinced myself yet.  When it's fully implemented and extra options are available I'm going to set it up for DOGE at least, but the others I'll probably leave as is.

Which brings up another question - is it really worth mining something that's 0.00000003BTC?  I know that's all in Eleuthria's "black magic" algorithm, but I still wonder about it.

The algorithm has to include things like difficulty, and recently, the value of the next block (if it's "random").  So I would say yes, it's worth it.

M

jhood2880

Activity: 43
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 03:42:43 AM

I think it is a great idea. Nobody knows what is going to happen with any of the crypto's. Honestly I don't want all my eggs in one basket.
Sir Alan

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 08:23:25 PM

Falls in the hash rate, although tending to occur at certain times of day like Bitcoin mining, also appear to happen at other odd times and may be accompanied by occasional Stratum timeouts and erratic progress messages on the log - looking for all the world as if a block had been found or a share submitted but without the usual "Stratum detected new block" or "Accepted" message appearing, and no credit for the potential share.  Is this just me, is it an issue with the miner, or is there an inherent instability in the system?

While most such hiccups are brief, there may be a prolonged session of odd behaviour with a long pause between accepted shares - eight minutes or more - when the usual interval is rather less than a minute.  Eventually the normal message pattern then resumes, together with more frequent share acceptance.

FWIW I'm using Minerd in Windoze 7 on two quad-core machines going through two different ISPs.  Both appear to exhibit similar symptoms simultaneously.

1Eeyore17YeHrbJW5Q3pSdV8sXujkdrrFc
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 02, 2014, 10:38:50 PM

Falls in the hash rate, although tending to occur at certain times of day like Bitcoin mining, also appear to happen at other odd times and may be accompanied by occasional Stratum timeouts and erratic progress messages on the log - looking for all the world as if a block had been found or a share submitted but without the usual "Stratum detected new block" or "Accepted" message appearing, and no credit for the potential share.  Is this just me, is it an issue with the miner, or is there an inherent instability in the system?

While most such hiccups are brief, there may be a prolonged session of odd behaviour with a long pause between accepted shares - eight minutes or more - when the usual interval is rather less than a minute.  Eventually the normal message pattern then resumes, together with more frequent share acceptance.

FWIW I'm using Minerd in Windoze 7 on two quad-core machines going through two different ISPs.  Both appear to exhibit similar symptoms simultaneously.

I'm not observing such behavior here.  It's been rock solid the entire time aside from that one morning he pushed a change out.

Minerd doesn't support stratum does it?

M

organofcorti
Donator
Legendary

Activity: 2058
Merit: 1007

Poor impulse control.

View Profile WWW
March 03, 2014, 03:16:48 AM

And auto conversion is here, for lazy buggers like me. Sweet! It's nice to be at a beta pool that is as stable or more stable than established pools.

However, ltc aren't being converted - bug or feature? Oops, didn't read the update.

Bitcoin network and pool analysis 12QxPHEuxDrs7mCyGSx1iVSozTwtquDB3r
follow @oocBlog for new post notifications
demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 03:56:38 AM

mmmm buzzzzzzz Shocked

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
akeetlebeetle

Activity: 221

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 04:15:32 AM

And auto conversion is here, for lazy buggers like me. Sweet! It's nice to be at a beta pool that is as stable or more stable than established pools.

However, ltc aren't being converted - bug or feature? Oops, didn't read the update.

I like the new feature. However, I see no way to manually trade Ltc. Do we need to withdraw to cryptsy manually?
rt123

Activity: 16
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:12:02 AM

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Would be nice to have that.
lajz99

Activity: 756

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:15:07 AM

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

demonmaestro

Activity: 574

Mining for the hell of it.

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:46:22 AM

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

He can add coins faster than you can download the wallet for it. Shocked

Feel Like Donating? bc1q0v5nfdejapffewu67gft7zw7zsmnfmmkt3lf02
Buy/Sell BitCoin & LiteCoin  Click here! | Looking for a great exchange? CoinBase Has you covered.
Pages: « 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: