Bitcoin Forum
June 17, 2024, 12:13:16 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 60 »
  Print  
Author Topic: [CLOSING DOWN] ScryptGuild Auto-Switching Pool  (Read 102207 times)
droptable

Activity: 363
Merit: 250

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 05:17:44 PM

LTC mining pops up every now in then in the top right corner of the dashboard under "automatic" coin, im guessing it's telling me what's being mined. With LTC not being able to be cashed out, are my shares actually going to LTC mining?

you can cash out LTC. (wallet -> address)
Ltc is just not included in the auto-conversion.

DΛRKCOIN -> is now -> DΛSH
----------
not DashCoin, not DarkDash, not anything. The Name has been / is changed the tech stays the same
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:04:52 PM

Question: why are there so little coins? Especially, why is the coin wasting so much time on Doge? Doge is not even Top20 on Coinwarz...

Where are AuroraCoin, GrandCoin, FastCoin, Flappycoin and so on?

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
murraypaul

Activity: 476

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:07:08 PM

Question: why are there so little coins? Especially, why is the coin wasting so much time on Doge? Doge is not even Top20 on Coinwarz...

From a post today in this thread:

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Would be nice to have that.

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

Prior to the profit switching update, new coins could be added seamlessly, without even a blip in the mining server.  However, the last time I added a coin it did cause a brief (~half second) outage.  I do know where the bug is, but it will take a server restart to actually fix (another half second outage).  My plan is to add a half dozen more coins to the system tomorrow, and hopefully fix it so future coins will not require restarts again.

BTC: 16TgAGdiTSsTWSsBDphebNJCFr1NT78xFW
SRC: scefi1XMhq91n3oF5FrE3HqddVvvCZP9KB
kache

Activity: 140
Merit: 100

Bored

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:08:07 PM

From a post today in this thread:

@ Dev, could you please add Auroracoin to the pool. It is currenty one of the most profitable coins to mine.

Would be nice to have that.

Agreed, I'm curious how quickly new profitable coins will be added.

Prior to the profit switching update, new coins could be added seamlessly, without even a blip in the mining server.  However, the last time I added a coin it did cause a brief (~half second) outage.  I do know where the bug is, but it will take a server restart to actually fix (another half second outage).  My plan is to add a half dozen more coins to the system tomorrow, and hopefully fix it so future coins will not require restarts again.

Thanks.
Let's hope it won't be too late to profit off Aurora. Waffle is making tons of dinero off that currently:
http://wafflepool.com/stats

Rig: http://www.betarigs.com/rig/257
BTC: 15rBivhPYhVnQsgVHucNXHy5b66bUn6njM
Doge: DSdsJdTrmXSAZCdNi1iQ7zEo8nH1iBWGQv
-droid-
Legendary

Activity: 1050
Merit: 1001

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 06:10:52 PM

great pool and great leadership!
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

Activity: 1750
Merit: 1007

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:00:14 PM

Your first error was looking at Coinwarz.  Here's a tip:  EVERY coin estimate site is wrong.  Every, damn, one.  Because none of them are current on their chains, so they have the wrong difficulty for most newer coins (which adjust diff per block).  Additionally, they don't know what the reward on the next block is, so they use the "average" reward.

This might be a stupid question but....

The above table only shows coins where any earnings were generated during the shown shifts. If you submitted shares for a coin and do not see it above, it means no blocks for that coin were found.

So after a shift if we solve no block, the shares for that coin still count till the time when a block is solved right???

Shares are kept in the PPLNS system for 5 shifts (hours), so if we go back to a coin later and solve a block, your time spent previously impacts your rewards.

One thing people need to remember:  There is no concept of "progress" towards a block.  If the average time to find a block is 5 minutes for the pool, and we haven't found one in 10 minutes, that doesn't mean we're any "closer" to finding a block.  The average time is still 5 minutes.  As a result, there is *no* reason to remain on a coin if another coin is now more profitable.

ScryptGuild's coin switching is unique, in that ScryptGuild is on every coin at all times.  On the miner end, switching coins is no different from a new block on the network, with the exception of the old work *might* still be valid.  It means that we can switch coins without invalidating old work.  If your miner submits a share for a previous job after we switched coins, it can still be valid and still solve a block, as long as a new block hasn't been found on that coin yet (in which case it IS stale).

RIP BTC Guild, April 2011 - June 2015
mdude77
Legendary

Activity: 1540

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:17:47 PM

ScryptGuild's coin switching is unique, in that ScryptGuild is on every coin at all times.  On the miner end, switching coins is no different from a new block on the network, with the exception of the old work *might* still be valid.  It means that we can switch coins without invalidating old work.  If your miner submits a share for a previous job after we switched coins, it can still be valid and still solve a block, as long as a new block hasn't been found on that coin yet (in which case it IS stale).

*Very* clever!

+1

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
Bobsurplus
Legendary

Activity: 1008
Merit: 1000

Making money since I was in the womb! @emc2whale

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:19:33 PM

Are you guys running this from Montreal too? If so I'd like to head over to your offices to sit down and chat if possible. I have a few ideas that may be worth while for you guys to look at with me.

sbfree

Activity: 336

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:37:24 PM

Your first error was looking at Coinwarz.  Here's a tip:  EVERY coin estimate site is wrong.  Every, damn, one.  Because none of them are current on their chains, so they have the wrong difficulty for most newer coins (which adjust diff per block).  Additionally, they don't know what the reward on the next block is, so they use the "average" reward.

This might be a stupid question but....

The above table only shows coins where any earnings were generated during the shown shifts. If you submitted shares for a coin and do not see it above, it means no blocks for that coin were found.

So after a shift if we solve no block, the shares for that coin still count till the time when a block is solved right???

Shares are kept in the PPLNS system for 5 shifts (hours), so if we go back to a coin later and solve a block, your time spent previously impacts your rewards.

One thing people need to remember:  There is no concept of "progress" towards a block.  If the average time to find a block is 5 minutes for the pool, and we haven't found one in 10 minutes, that doesn't mean we're any "closer" to finding a block.  The average time is still 5 minutes.  As a result, there is *no* reason to remain on a coin if another coin is now more profitable.

eleuthria, how does your brain fit inside your cranium??  believe it or not I actually understood the above...thanks.
Bluff

Activity: 15
Merit: 0

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 07:50:26 PM

Hello I just started using this website and im using automatic conversion to bitcoin does that automatically set my worker difficulty or should i change those and if i should change just do what 256?

Also it says there is a 1% fee and .3% fee if doing automatic conversion so only a 1.3% fee total correct?
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:01:24 PM

Hello I just started using this website and im using automatic conversion to bitcoin does that automatically set my worker difficulty or should i change those and if i should change just do what 256?

Worker difficulty depends on your hashrate. 

Also it says there is a 1% fee and .3% fee if doing automatic conversion so only a 1.3% fee total correct?

That's my understanding.

M

I mine at Kano's Pool because it pays the best and is completely transparent!  Come join me!
eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:06:07 PM

Definitely needing more speed, sucks when we fall back to Litecoin due to the difficulty/block rewards of other coins not making them profitable (even if they normally bounce back within a minute).  But that still puts a lot of shares towards LTC over time, but with such a high difficulty, we can go a long time between those blocks.  Variance is a bitch when you're small.

EDIT:  Doge is kind of the same.  4 shifts since our last DOGE block due to bad luck (we've submitted enough shares to average 3 blocks).

Bluff

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:17:03 PM

Worker difficulty depends on your hashrate. 

That's my understanding.

M

Well lets say i am pulling 7000 khash what should i set my difficulty to?
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:19:31 PM

Definitely needing more speed, sucks when we fall back to Litecoin due to the difficulty/block rewards of other coins not making them profitable (even if they normally bounce back within a minute).  But that still puts a lot of shares towards LTC over time, but with such a high difficulty, we can go a long time between those blocks.  Variance is a bitch when you're small.

EDIT:  Doge is kind of the same.  4 shifts since our last DOGE block due to bad luck (we've submitted enough shares to average 3 blocks).

How are those additional coins coming? Smiley

M

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:20:53 PM

All on one worker?

Probably 512.  1024 might push your variance a bit high.

The pool does have variable difficulty.  You can also try setting it really low and see what the pool switches it to.

M

eleuthria (OP)
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:21:31 PM

M

Sync'ing up multiple blockchains at the moment.  Also analyzing the code I had in place to live-add coins without a server restart to make sure when I restart the server this time I won't have to do it again for the next batch of coins.

Bluff

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:38:18 PM

All on one worker?

The pool does have variable difficulty.  You can also try setting it really low and see what the pool switches it to.

M
No spread out between 5 workers. so should i just set it to 16 and let it do its thing or change to 512?
mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:39:17 PM

M

Sync'ing up multiple blockchains at the moment.  Also analyzing the code I had in place to live-add coins without a server restart to make sure when I restart the server this time I won't have to do it again for the next batch of coins.

Sounds good.  You've got a bunch of users anxiously waiting for new coins!

M

mdude77
Legendary

View Profile
March 03, 2014, 08:43:42 PM

All on one worker?

M
No spread out between 5 workers. so should i just set it to 16 and let it do its thing or change to 512?

Difficulty is per worker.  You can set each one to 16 and see what the pool switches you to.  512 will be too much for individual workers.  Keep in mind the higher you set it, the less bandwidth you'll use, but the more variance you get.  So when I say "too much", I mean your variance will be high.  It'll still work though, just like 2048 will.

I use 256 for ~3000kh/s (multiple 280s), and 128 for < 1000kh/s (one 280).

M

debido666

Activity: 68
Merit: 10

View Profile
March 04, 2014, 12:57:20 AM

All on one worker?

M

Difficulty is per worker.  You can set each one to 16 and see what the pool switches you to.  512 will be too much for individual workers.  Keep in mind the higher you set it, the less bandwidth you'll use, but the more variance you get.  So when I say "too much", I mean your variance will be high.  It'll still work though, just like 2048 will.

I use 256 for ~3000kh/s (multiple 280s), and 128 for < 1000kh/s (one 280).

M

Would it be possible to display Worker Difficulty under Worker Summary in the Dashboard on your website?
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 ... 60 »
  Print  

Jump to: