Bitcoin Forum
May 01, 2024, 09:23:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  
Author Topic: How can we protect ourselves from scam?  (Read 5436 times)
veter2601

Activity: 714
Merit: 250

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 05:19:23 PM

At the moment, a lot of fraudulent projects and to identify fraudulent ico or not 100% impossible . But if you take the time to study the project, you can minimize the risk . Personally, I take information about the projects on the rating sites , pay attention to the project team whether the project is a real product and how well-composed a white paper.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
If you see garbage posts (off-topic, trolling, spam, no point, etc.), use the "report to moderator" links. All reports are investigated, though you will rarely be contacted about your reports.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Esofdemon

Activity: 196
Merit: 12

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:18:11 PM

We can`t do it for 100%, but to minimize the risks we need to make own research work and analyze projects in which we want to invest. Choose projects wisely.
DiabolicAnt

Activity: 420
Merit: 100

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:19:43 PM

I think there are no ways that can guarantee you full safety from frauds. But definitely one of the most effective ways is to constantly learn and always think carefully and research deeply.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     SWIPE  │ Monetizing mobile engagement data, on the blockchain    ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄         Whitepaper       Telegram       Twitter       Medium       Reddit          ▄▄▄▄
jtbcoins

Activity: 560

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:21:51 PM

Only you can protect yourself from scam. You just need to be really careful with what bounties you doing and what ICOs you investing.
clickerz

Activity: 1414
Merit: 505

Backed.Finance

View Profile
October 12, 2018, 06:33:59 PM

You need to thoroughly study the projects in which you want to invest your money. To study the team, their experience, partnerships, the press about them. And of course, just study their white paper in detail.

In addition, they should be transparent with their project. All details can be verified and validated online. It is also good if they can be validated by some big and legit  companies as their partner.They should also have a viable project with real life applications where it can be utilized by the masses.

Open for Campaigns
hope2907

Activity: 432

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:50:58 AM

To protect ourselves from scam project, we have to hard research about project types and service to the customer. We could check top ranking site for verified project.
siorapokk
Copper Member

Activity: 190
Merit: 1

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 10:52:22 AM

We can make a good investigation before investing in any project. Moreover, we can open up a thread on forum, where the most popular ICOs will be checked by the moderators. It would be a great idea to see if the ICO was checked by the BTT community.
shadowduck

Activity: 840

Oikos.cash | Decentralized Finance on Tron

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 01:51:24 PM

A person who has already come across the tricks of scammers can easily distinguish them from this worthy project.

OIKOS.CASH      Decentralized finance on Tron   ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬   Collateral-backed stable-coins
         github  telegram    twitter    discord           synthetic asset trading and trustless token exchange on TRON
leow

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:31:49 PM

I think this process will settle itself over time. Or they will invent a way in which it will be easy to regulate this process. Since really in the crypto-currency market there are a lot of fraudulent projects and they spoil everyone's life, thereby undermining the level of trust in all crypto-currencies. I myself look forward to when this moment will change and we all exhale with relief.
ynclksnr321

Activity: 280
Merit: 10

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:38:26 PM

If you are in this market, unfortunately, it is not possible to get rid of such formations. Because no matter how much you try to escape, you have to enter into it.
Abal Abal

Activity: 602

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:38:30 PM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
I find it difficult to see a fraud in the ICO project. Since the rise of ICO investment fraud I decided to temporarily not participate in ICO investments, because I think it is the best way to avoid fraud.

BobBct

Activity: 616

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:46:08 PM

Usually you just need commonsense to not get scammed because people use your greediness to money to take your money from you for instance the scammer told he will double what you give me and of course a person will say at the back of his mind that "Wow free money!" and they don't think about the other scenarios because they are focused on getting that money.
79b79aa8d5047da6d3XX

Activity: 660
Merit: 101

Colletrix - Bridging the Physical and Virtual Worl

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:50:20 PM

The crypto world is so vast and they are interest from all continents of the world. Some investors / projects came with good intentions to make the world a better place while some to defraud investors and projects founder. Can we have a better way correct scam and lapses?
I find it difficult to see a fraud in the ICO project. Since the rise of ICO investment fraud I decided to temporarily not participate in ICO investments, because I think it is the best way to avoid fraud.
The best way to avoid scams is to not invest in ICOs. That is my choice for the ICO at this stage. There are a lot of ICOs coming out but we can not select good ICOs because we have no experience and no time to learn.

udam

Activity: 96

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 04:53:36 PM

I think everyone in crypto flied should be  at least once victim of scam project. So we have to find our own way to avoid participate with scam projects. Persons who have several experience about being victim of scam project, would be ability to detect scam project with experience. Normally doing own researches is best way to avoid scam projects.

✦ ZOPTAX ✦
❝ Disrupting VOIP with Blockchain ❞
truongdhnh

Activity: 870

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 04:57:56 PM

It is difficult for us all to recognize the signs of scamers. I think it can only be feelings and experiences. Invest in Bounty campaigns now as if we are playing. Gambling with myself almost failed in 2018.
emmybd

Activity: 1218
Merit: 112

View Profile WWW
October 24, 2018, 05:03:55 PM

Well, there is no 100 percent safety against scam, as there is not much difference between legit and scam projects. Both of them have been using good marketing technique to promote their products. Despite that by researching well you can have good understanding about legit and scam projects.

turkmachiavelli

Activity: 434

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:07:22 PM

Actually you don't invest money to icos or join bounties, probably you don't face any scam but all of us have faced a lot of icos that were scam in the last year and probably we will see again same things in this year.

Jadesola

Activity: 280
Merit: 11

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:11:25 PM

To try to put an end to scam is to try to do the impossible,the best we can achieve is minimizing it and that requires individual intelligence.On our part personally,we need to be observant,we need to make alot of research before we subscribe into any thing.Do not let impatience make you a victim of scam.
somansy

Activity: 140

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:16:39 PM

i am not sure. it is as ancient as human nature, desire to cheat and gain some profit by theft. we would have to enter human genom to stop it. so it's easier to creat a relible security system
cewekimut

Activity: 798

View Profile
October 24, 2018, 05:35:22 PM

Now increasingly widespread fraud and they are very difficult to know. But we must remain cautious and do some checking before we invest. And you should be able to learn from your mistakes when you get deceit. The knowledge is very important to you who are members of crypto.

█████
                    ██████
                    ██████
                    ██████
  ████████████                    ████████████                █████████████████                      ███████████
█████████████████            █████████████████          ███████████████████            ████████████████
██████████████████        ████████████████████        █████████████████████    ███████████████████
  █████████████████▀      ██████████████████████      █████████████████████  █████████████████████
████████            ▀▀▀      ██████████            ████████      ████████              ███████████████              ██████
███████                      ██████████                  ████████    ███████                ██████████████                   █████
██████                    ██████████                      ████████    ███████                  ███████████                       █████
███████                ██████████                        ███████      ███████                ██████████                        ██████
  ███████            █████████      ▄██▄             ████████      ████████            █████████      ▄██▄            ███████
  █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████          █████████████████████    ▄██████████████████
  ██████████████████          █████████████████              ██████████████████          █████████████████
  ██████████████                  ▀████████████                      ██████████████                  ▀████████████
Cobo Digital Wallet
|
  First Leading Wallet Offering PoS and Masternode Rewards Worldwide 
SECURITY ● RELIABILITY ● CONVENIENCE
|
Download
for Android & iOS
● TELEGRAM
● FACEBOOK
● TWITTER

████
██████
█████████
█████████████
████████████████
████████████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████
████████████g█████████
██████████g███████
████████g██████
██████g██████
██████████
██████
███

████
                ████
                ▀▀
     ,▄▄▄▄▄▄      ▄▄▄▄▄▄
   o████████▄██▄████████
  ████████████████████
 d███████████████████
,███████████████████
`███████████████████
 ████████████████████
 █████████████████████
  ████████████████████████
   ██████████████████████
    ████████████████████
     `████▀▀  ▀▀██████
[t
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 [25] 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 »
  Print  

Jump to: