Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 04:52:05 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Short term vs. Long term investments  (Read 3995 times)
Vanester2014

Activity: 236
Merit: 10

Borderless for People, Frictionless for Banks

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 02:22:30 PM

I think it depend on you because if you saw that you already have a good profit you just also sell even in short term. But for me all in all i do always like the long term trading and patiently wait for a good time to sell.

T r a x i o n                                                            TRADE AND EARN DURING PRE-ICO
TRANSITIONS YOU TO A CRYPTO-READY SOCIETY       Pre-Sale starts April 15, 2018
Github     Telegram     Medium     Facebook     Twitter     Reddit     Youtube
CGPA

Activity: 120

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 03:26:45 PM

In the short-term investments you have to keep track of the market situation frequently and always have to take advantage of the opportunity. On the other hand ,just choose a good coin for long-term investment and hold it. then waiting for right time to earn benefit. If you have enough money, i think long term investment is the better option.
swscowods

Activity: 419
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 10:59:53 AM

I prefer short-term investment, since I'm blessed with time
some prefer long-term because they don't have extra time in a day
to spend on crypto trading
It seems good choice of words from your side here. Actually more or less people want to impose their will over others. They want others follow them and this can’t happen in every case. But yes, you said it very right that in your choice this thing seems suit bake. Short term trading gives you money every day but this requires some bigger amount of crystal hard work for biter results.
pokeronlinestatus

Activity: 455
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:10:48 AM

Long-term investment is a very good option, but besides being patient, you have to know how to analyze the project and what pennies have the potential for the future to hold.
This really depends on the objectives and way of doing something. Every person come up with different sense of trading. Some want to wait for long time as they don’t like little profits. They want to make good ratio of profits from their trading. But some are little bit differ here. They often chose short term trading as it imparts them profit at daily basis. So yeah this is dependent on choice.
binghope

Activity: 224
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:20:45 AM

My trading style is always choosing to trade in the long run, I know everyone has a choice, but most of the long-term hold for the cryptographic market is always profitable for Investors.
vinbentrob

Activity: 210

“Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain”

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:22:08 AM

Short term holding has a benefits of making the best of market condition and volatility in price.  These benefit however can not be compare to long term value appreciation.  Both investment position is good with different benefits.

newcollegestar

Activity: 124
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:16:20 AM

Since the entire market has been in a bearish trend for a long time, day trading may not bring much profit. In addition, it is necessary to keep track of all the coins you wanna trade in short-term investments and also requires a lot of technical analysis, which is very stressful.So my choice is to make long-term investments.
Day trading can bring enough of the profit but only to the ones who are having some deep knowledge regarding all the things which are being used in trading. Trading is no doubt very much profitable thing to do but at the same time it is the most difficult way of earning money. So, it is better to go for holding of the coins if you are not sully confident that you will be able to perform well in day trading.
pictsidhe

Activity: 199

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 09:37:30 AM

In my opinion both ways are good in their own way, and both have their own risks. I think the safest thing to do is hold or long-term investment and keep monitoring it every day, so we always know when to hold, sell and buy again, it will be safer but it will take your time. Decision is yours.
candy69

Activity: 392
Merit: 12

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:29:25 AM

Short-term investment is more riskier, so beginners should avoid it. On the other hand, long-term investment is considered a bit safer. It would be more profitable for you, if you go for it when the market is down.
MMnoob

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:38:14 AM

in my opinion, it depends on your capital, if you have small capital, it is better to trade daily, but if you have large capital, it is better to invest long time.
Manyak

Activity: 167

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:56:40 AM

Which do you prefer?

https://i.imgur.com/2KGMO6k.jpg

Hello Everyone, want to ask few questions here.

Short term or Long term investment?
Which is more profitable to you?
What coins  do think that is good for long term now?

Feel free to comment your ideas and opinions.

For me is long term . because you at holding a coin and you at waiting for the low price to buy and height price to sell . it is depends on you if what you wants . but I want a long term investment that you can earn a more profits .
maninas

Activity: 126
Merit: 2

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 01:56:23 PM

I think it all depends on the capital and style of trading respectively
I suggest for those who have a lot of good capital for long term because of the amount of capital and time spent in the end will be worth it and for a little capital I suggest short term it is better to build capital into big
from my experience I can initially do a short term to raise capital and after having enough capital I start splitting capital to do short term and short term simultaneously
notes for traders never stack all the capital in one coin and never use loan money and daily meal money for trading because the result of trading can not be sure when it can be liquid, sometimes if we need money but the money is in the form of coin whose condition being minus at this time we would not want to sell it and could be tomorrow or the future coin that we sell is experiencing a very high increase that makes us not only loss but lost the benefits of the actions we make
jsrenthourse

Activity: 238

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:24:23 PM

Which do you prefer?

At the present time, long-term investments or short-term investments bring you profits. I think the market is in the early stages of uptrend, the trend is being formed clearly. So, choose bitcoin as the first investment then select altcoin
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:30:43 PM

Since the entire market has been in a bearish trend for a long time, day trading may not bring much profit. In addition, it is necessary to keep track of all the coins you wanna trade in short-term investments and also requires a lot of technical analysis, which is very stressful.So my choice is to make long-term investments.
The market is in a downturn, but in recent days there are big pips for bitcoin. In my opinion, the short-term trading is the most appropriate, I choose short-term trading to reduce the risk, short-term trading on bitcoin/usdt
thresher

Activity: 700
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 03:35:17 PM

I am bitcoin investor starting at q1 2014 and hold for long term is really worked for me. Short term investment will only work when the market condition at very bullish condition. For market like this we need long term vision and really be very carefull when we want to put our money on some project. But if this year we can comeback to $10k per bitcoin then short term investment will worked too. Long term for me is 4 years and short term is 6 month at least.

I think that's the same situation for most people in this market. Since many coins, especially those who invest in Bitcoin and Ethereum and other big-valued coins, it's more of a common thing for everyone to do long term ventures and investments because the market dictates that to be the more suitable and smart kind of investment. Short term investment nowadays are more of a "luck" kind of investment these days due to the prevailing slow gain of the market, which affects many of the coins that are commonly investment upon by most people.
Short term investment is for good and experienced traders and long term investment is for all. Anybody can invest in crypto for long term because there is no tactics and experienced required for holding coins, while trading is difficult and you can lose your money if you have no trading experience. Short term investors can make more profits than long term investors.
Sandra999

Activity: 182

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 06:34:50 PM

During my time in this space, long term investment is the best investment so far. It gives you a clear picture of what you are investing as you have made a lot of research about what you want to invest into it. Short term investing is also profitable but involves a lot of risk and the volatility in this market is high.  Long term investment is the best in my own opinion
Yamifoud

Activity: 2758
Merit: 517

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:10:41 PM

During my time in this space, long term investment is the best investment so far. It gives you a clear picture of what you are investing as you have made a lot of research about what you want to invest into it. Short term investing is also profitable but involves a lot of risk and the volatility in this market is high.  Long term investment is the best in my own opinion
It won't be like that today,  our market really change every time and mostly all coins are hardly recovering from dips happen since January. I'll doubt if it will cover up those gaps and give back loses by investors.
And with that scenario, it is better not to go for long term investment and may short time investment will secure your funds and gains.

.BIG WINNER!.
[15.00000000 BTC]

▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
██████████▀▀██████████
█████████░░░░█████████
██████████▄▄██████████
███████▀▀████▀▀███████
██████░░░░██░░░░██████
███████▄▄████▄▄███████
████▀▀████▀▀████▀▀████
███░░░░██░░░░██░░░░███
████▄▄████▄▄████▄▄████
██████████████████████

▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
██████████████████████
█████▀▀█▀▀▀▀▀▀██▀▀████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░░████
█████░░░░░░░░░░░░▄████
█████░░▄███▄░░░░██████
█████▄▄███▀░░░░▄██████
█████████░░░░░░███████
████████░░░░░░░███████
███████░░░░░░░░███████
███████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄███████

██████████████████████
▀████████████████████▀
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
███████████▀▀▄▄█░░░░░█
█████████▀░░█████░░░░█
███████▀░░░░░████▀░░░▀
██████░░░░░░░░▀▄▄█████
█████░▄░░░░░▄██████▀▀█
████░████▄░███████░░░░
███░█████░█████████░░█
███░░░▀█░██████████░░█
███░░░░░░████▀▀██▀░░░░
███░░░░░░███░░░░░░░░░░

██░▄▄▄▄░████▄▄██▄░░░░
████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀██
█████████████░█▀▀▀█░███
██████████▀▀░█▀░░░▀█░▀▀
███████▀░▄▄█░█░░░░░█░█▄
████▀░▄▄████░▀█░░░█▀░██
███░▄████▀▀░▄░▀█░█▀░▄░▀
█▀░███▀▀▀░░███░▀█▀░███░
▀░███▀░░░░░████▄░▄████░
░███▀░░░░░░░█████████░░
░███░░░░░░░░░███████░░░
███▀░██░░░░░░▀░▄▄▄░▀░░░
███░██████▄▄░▄█████▄░▄▄

██░████████░███████░█
▄████████████████████▄
████████▀▀░░░▀▀███████
███▀▀░░░░░▄▄▄░░░░▀▀▀██
██░▀▀▄▄░░░▀▀▀░░░▄▄▀▀██
██░▄▄░░▀▀▄▄░▄▄▀▀░░░░██
██░▀▀░░░░░░█░░░░░██░██
██░░░▄▄░░░░█░██░░░░░██
██░░░▀▀░░░░█░░░░░░░░██
██░░░░░▄▄░░█░░░░░██░██
██▄░░░░▀▀░░█░██░░░░░██
█████▄▄░░░░█░░░░▄▄████
█████████▄▄█▄▄████████

▀████████████████████▀

Rainbot
Daily Quests
Faucet
Bonsaiav

Activity: 602
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 03, 2018, 08:49:59 PM

Which do you prefer?

Everything, is based on the needs or goals behind the investment itself. For some investors short-term investments are chosen because they have the potential to provide faster returns. Meanwhile long-term investments are chosen to utilize compounding effects, minimize risks and to realize various financial goals in the long run.
I personally prefer long-term investment, because of its consistent profits allowing me to continue to earn income in the long run, investment funds will last longer, the profit potential's much higher, so it's very appropriate to meet long-term sustainable needs and can making its valuation more beat inflation.
Bitcoin, Ethereum and other coins that are in the order of 1-15 at marketcap.com.

sholex00

Activity: 29

View Profile WWW
August 06, 2018, 05:23:42 AM

Long term investment has always been my thing but I think I will shift to short term investment
Burmik123

Activity: 742
Merit: 257

And we go again.

View Profile
August 06, 2018, 03:02:23 PM

I think short term is more profitable now. Just look, we have bear market with little rebounds of altcoins for mounths. I prefer day trading at that times. But when we will have bull market, i will use long term strategy.
Also, i think that day trading will be better If you are a very calm person and have a steady psyche.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 [15] 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: