Bitcoin Forum
May 29, 2024, 06:23:42 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Short term vs. Long term investments  (Read 3995 times)
gilangIDR
Legendary

Activity: 1526
Merit: 1001

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:22:58 AM

I thoroughly stand with the method of long term investment. Those who have patience & ability to stick in to this golden rule wins in greater level. Short term trades are for highly skilled people & who can afford to loose some. Considering the level of profit, counts with the amount of investment you do. If you invest a lot of amount you might have to hold for long to get good profit. For small amount of investment will not give something big return. But it can be happened with a good ALTS with good working project. at the time i reply this thread i feel Top ten or 15 coins WAN,ICX,VEN,WABI are some of best coins to hold. There are many that you should find too.
Both have their advantages and disadvantages. We only need to apply the right strategy because the characteristics of each coin are always different and every time it will have a different situation and conditions. For example, if you look at the current data, investing in Bitcoin is a thing that is used as a short-term investment and long-term investment. While for Altcoin it must be done as a long-term investment. All of these choices have been determined and we must be able to choose the right momentum in trading.
JohnWick_Bitcoin

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:40:10 AM

Despite the current situation, I am absolutely sure that the market will rise minimum more than ten times. So we should just hold it during 3-4 year. Patience is always rewarded. Long-term investments are always more profitable. Now we have all opportunities to be millionaire in the future. Short term trading will be effective (also in red days) if trader has a big experience and knows technical analysis and fundamental analysis and moreover know how to use them together. That's why I think conditions of (short or long term) trading mostly depend on experience of trader.

Obviously it will still rise again, the market price is just taking a rest today and you will still be able to wait for the price to grow after a few months.
Pattart

Activity: 1190
Merit: 500

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:52:18 AM

Some short term investment are more profitable than long term and vice versa. Personally, my style seems to favour short term investment. Depreciation is one thing that can affect long term products or packages. However, we should not forget that short term investment requires high level of skills and technicalities.
That is the point, short terms will require a high level of skills and a broad knowledge of the trade and coins you choose, the risk will
be far greater but the benefits will be more much, long-term investments will be safer but profits will not be as large as short term..
Muzika

Activity: 980
Merit: 261

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 02:12:22 AM

Some short term investment are more profitable than long term and vice versa. Personally, my style seems to favour short term investment. Depreciation is one thing that can affect long term products or packages. However, we should not forget that short term investment requires high level of skills and technicalities.
That is the point, short terms will require a high level of skills and a broad knowledge of the trade and coins you choose, the risk will
be far greater but the benefits will be more much, long-term investments will be safer but profits will not be as large as short term..

it can be a huge profit when it terms to long term investment but it will took time maybe 3 to 6 month frame but thats the thing long term investment bring less risk rather than short term but for me both investment will lead to profit.
barsharkol12

Activity: 197
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 04:10:47 AM

there are lot advantages in long term investments rather than short term that is to risky. i prefer to engage in long term because its not that risky and i can make sure that the project that invest in has a great potential. and i believe that its up to your luck. short and ling term investment has advantages and disadvantages its up to how you deal with those times.
Wintersoldier

Activity: 966
Merit: 274

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:55:20 AM

I do not limit my investment into one particular type of invesment. I want a flexible type of investment that I could choose and run into so when my short term investment has a problem I would take a good time on dealing with my long term investment.
Catswold

Activity: 518
Merit: 251

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:58:57 AM

No matter how good or smart you think We are, we can never time the market accurately and consistently. Being a chart wizard alone won't save you. There is no getting away from the fact that news of a hack, regulation, exchange listing, etc. can all have a major impact on the price and the market.Long term investments  (HODL) is a better strategy if you are a beginner or even intermediate investor, but only if you need to choose one! That's the thing. Who said you're only suppose to use one strategy. HODL (buy and hold) is historically proven to be more profitable than day-trading.just my opinion.
Giiootona

Activity: 224

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 06:17:13 AM

I have tried it both, but I found what I was looking for in the long run. When I am short-term, I always rush to exchange it, but it does not produce good results and does not help me. Now I do it long term and I start it
Fantastickarl

Activity: 140

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:17:20 AM

Short and long term investments are good as they all have different ways that it works. For myself, I prefer long term investment as it gives me the best ROI. I also like it because, I won't get to be looking at prices often every now and then
lupeto

Activity: 12

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:37:48 AM

I do not depend on one strategy, in certain circumstances I will often make short-term investments or make daily trades, and vice versa, for certain coins, I also implement a short-term strategy.

In other words, Altcoin to short-term, and Bitcoin to long-term.
badaovodich

Activity: 265
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 07:45:22 AM

If you want to make a continuous profit, you can make short-term investments. If you want to make long-term investments, you have to make sure that your capital is going to die and take a long time to get it.
tapaibuccok

Activity: 303
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:22:31 AM

Long-term investments are invested for a period of three or more years, short-term investments for a period of one year. Effective management of all spheres of the company's activity ensures successful development in conditions of reasonable competition. This also directly relates to the complex process of long-term investment. Therefore, everyone should decide for himself. Any investment has its advantages. The main thing is to be confident in the company you are investing in)
actually now is the right time to make a long-term investment, the reason being that bitcoin is really cheap now, and it will make huge profits
Missterio

Activity: 308

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 11:38:53 AM

Each person for himself is taking the strategy himself as he is better.
DonFacundo

Activity: 1344
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 12:02:09 PM

For me it depends to the coin that I would like to hold for short or long term investment, but still ethereum is the best to hold for long term to me because it's a trusted altcoin so I believe this altcoin and it's good to buy now.

acener

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115

★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:08:53 PM

Which do you prefer?

Hello Everyone, want to ask few questions here.

Short term or Long term investment?
Which is more profitable to you?
What coins  do think that is good for long term now?

Feel free to comment your ideas and opinions.

I think it depends upon the coin that we are holding. Some of them is good for a long term hold and some is just for a short term hold. It is important that we'll know the capability of the coins that we are holding. However, I still prefer to have coins which are worth for a long term holding because itnprovides me an assurance.

Siminarota

Activity: 126

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:38:14 PM

Depending on the time that we make the decision, but in my opinion, it should hold for a long time will be better for you
AmeSakibimasu

Activity: 228
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 01:38:47 PM

Which do you prefer?

Hello Everyone, want to ask few questions here.

Short term or Long term investment?
Which is more profitable to you?
What coins  do think that is good for long term now?

Feel free to comment your ideas and opinions.

It depends on the patient of the person, if he wanted to make profits already then he could do short term investment or Day Trading, but, if he is not that confident on his Trading skills then he could do the long one so he could take his time to decide what to do. It is both risky because you don't have the assurance that you could really make profits out of the investment you've got.
ojanamon

Activity: 63
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 19, 2018, 05:33:26 PM

If you have enough money long term investment is best option for you but short term investment is good for trader they use it for trading
elpiji

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 02:31:51 AM

actually both will be very profitable, but doing long term investment will be more profitable if done now because the current value of BTC is very cheap and it will make a huge profit in the next few years
Btc_1856

Activity: 1540
Merit: 255

View Profile
August 20, 2018, 03:13:09 AM

It completely depends on the experience you have because most of the people who don't have a good experience will go for longterm investments. To the people who have experience will go for trading but mostly i find there is huge risk involved in short-term trading.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 »
  Print  

Jump to: