Bitcoin Forum
May 04, 2024, 11:37:14 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
OSEIBOATENG (OP)

Activity: 238
Merit: 15

View Profile WWW
July 07, 2018, 12:56:02 PM
Merited by Hallmader (1)

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
"Governments are good at cutting off the heads of a centrally controlled networks like Napster, but pure P2P networks like Gnutella and Tor seem to be holding their own." -- Satoshi
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.
Kay94

Activity: 364
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:01:34 PM

This is very true and I think we have to sell and also buy at the same time to keep btc alive. Always we want to HODL but dont want to sell until it moons.

DIAGON  e S p o r t s   ▐ ╹  Global decentralize eSports ecosystem
JAPCNSPNRU   WHITEPAPER  ]     ICO ❱ ❱  ❱ Nov. 12 th
facebook   ◥ TWITTER   ◥ reddit   ────  (❪   B U Y   ❫)  ────
First77

Activity: 266
Merit: 32

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:06:13 PM

Buyers stop at a price. Will you buy 1 kilo tomatoes for $25 or 1 dozen eggs for $10 ??

Best example is Amby Valley of Indian billionaire Subroto Roy where he said market value is $6 billion. But buyers are not paying more than $2 billion.
EnricoGomez

Merit: 11

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:11:14 PM

I think in a way, yes, that may be correct.
Though if a huge part of users will hold, it will reduce the supply overall - bitcoin depends on the demand/supply concept so we can say that it will increase the value.
But of course, buying and demand is as important as well as it keeps the balance. I cannot imagine other people apart from those who hodl their coins not buying coins, they will as the interest for cryptocurrency with newer users will always be there.

Activity: 364

Erotic Industry on the Blockchain! RachelX

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:42:35 PM

This will make the market very low to me. So the best thing should be sell and buy at the same time so that there will be a nice balance on the market.

RachelX ✦ 
❝ THE REVOLUTION OF THE EROTIC INDUSTRY
WHITEPAPER ✤ ─────  FacebookTwitterInstagram ⋆  Telegram ⋆  YouTube ⋆  LinkedIn  ───── ✤ BUY RACH
Marlo Stanfield

Activity: 490
Merit: 280

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 01:53:38 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen. 

It's the opposite of what you say. If everyone really did hold their BTC rather than sell and the demand stayed the same, then naturally the price would go up as supply would be lower. Simple economics.
BrewMaster
Legendary

Activity: 2114
Merit: 1292

There is trouble abrewing

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:36:47 PM

first of all that will never happen because market is not just 3 person that you want to convince not to sell or hold. it is millions of people each doing a different thing so there will always be some people who are selling, some who are buying and some who are holding to sell a long time in the future.

also HODL doesn't apply to everything! you hold something that is worth holding meaning bitcoin. it is obvious that when you hold any shit....coin that you can get your hands on you will become a victim!

There is a FOMO brewing...
indayburakday012

Activity: 168
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:44:21 PM

If no one will sell their holdings or crypto? THen all of the crypto in the market will always be green and will have always a good market price increase but as we all know that it could never be happen because there are day traders out there who are always dumping their btc and aside from that there are hug whales that could manipulate market price due to their financial capability that could the way bitcoin market price.
virendarnagpal

Activity: 672
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:48:02 PM

Nothing bad in imaginations.
Please think whether it is possible to drive millions of people in the same direction.  It is nearly impossible dear.  In a family if there are 6-7 members even their views are not common and we are talking everybody hodling.  Many investors may have emergency needs and forced to sell.  Some others fearing further downfall may sell.  So complete holding not possible
carol15171821

Activity: 109
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:51:12 PM

Hodl means the market is good and make the price go up. Buyers will end to make their bid high if i'm not mistaken.
Gotumoot

Activity: 1372
Merit: 261

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 02:51:49 PM

first of all that will never happen because market is not just 3 person that you want to convince not to sell or hold. it is millions of people each doing a different thing so there will always be some people who are selling, some who are buying and some who are holding to sell a long time in the future.

also HODL doesn't apply to everything! you hold something that is worth holding meaning bitcoin. it is obvious that when you hold any shit....coin that you can get your hands on you will become a victim!
Thats right, its not just depends on some people, it depends on us all crypto users. We human have different point of views, we dont have the same thinking. So your conclusion is not going to happen, because its impossible. We are not just holding anything, we need to hold the more profitable coins like bitcoin, because we know that bitcoin will increase again, no matter what happens, its just that we dont know when.
zeingrind777

Activity: 994
Merit: 138

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:06:02 PM

I do not think so either. when we hold, new investors will buy and install a cheap price. when cheap prices are not bought, they will raise prices so they can buy the coins they want
m.mendoza

Activity: 321
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:14:52 PM

I think in a way, yes, that may be correct.
Though if a huge part of users will hold, it will reduce the supply overall - bitcoin depends on the demand/supply concept so we can say that it will increase the value.
But of course, buying and demand is as important as well as it keeps the balance. I cannot imagine other people apart from those who hodl their coins not buying coins, they will as the interest for cryptocurrency with newer users will always be there.

Many investors may have emergency needs and forced to sell.  Some others fearing further downfall may sell.  So complete holding not possible. If everyone really did hold their BTC rather than sell and the demand stayed the same, then naturally the price would go up as supply would be lower.
bizul

Activity: 1064
Merit: 22

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:42:32 PM

If every HODLER HODLS, then the only thing that will change the value is demand. If what you are HODLING has an appeal to create demand, people will gradually ask to buy at a higher price, until one of the HODLERS decides to sell.

One of the strongest markets in crypto is privacy. If you know that the highest ATH achieved by a privacy coin, you can tell that the privacy market has serious demand. Soon, when regulations are enforced and the public is fed up with it, they'll switch to privacy cryptos and decentralized exchanges to have their freedom... let's see if you can put a price to buy that.

▐▐   ▬▬▬▬▬   DeepOnion   ▬▬▬▬▬   ▌▌
████    OWN ONION   •  TOR INTEGRATED    ████
▬▬▬▬  (✔) DeepVault Blockchain Notary   •  DeepSend Privacy Tech  •  deeponion.org   ▬▬▬▬
pereira4
Legendary

Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 03:54:45 PM

This is simply impossible in practice, but if you want to talk about what would happen in theory, then the price would basically be a flat line. If you want to see how that would look like, just look at a dead exchange graph for example BTC-E:

https://bitcoinwisdom.com/markets/btce/btcusd

As you see, it's a perfect flat line. This is impossible, because equilibrium never happens in markets, unregulated ones at least, as there is always some buying and selling action.
Gyugita

Activity: 110
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:04:13 PM

Prices will rise relative, as market demand increases.
Then hold is a way that traders often use to raise the price of coins, other than that hold is a way to hoard the coins until the sales rate goes up as desired.
Herbys

Merit: 6

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:08:23 PM

All at the same time can not hold a priori, someone wants to fix profits.
With a decrease in Bitcoin in the market, its value will increase, provided demand persists.
When decided to pump Bitcoin this will be seen by capitalization and dominance.
Bitcoin already had a dominance on the crypto-currency market in 80% in 2017 and more, but nothing significant happened, only pushed up the price.
hirngespenst

Activity: 812
Merit: 114

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:10:13 PM

You are slightly wrong, HOLD Can make the market stable and if the market stable then the price will go up. Almost millions of people in crypto, All will not HOLD everything right? You can't convince them to hold for a long time. Everyone has come to this platform to earn money. So, Most of the people would sell their coin to make cash money. And What does HODL Means? Hodl doesn't mean to keep all of your coins. You live your life normally when you need money sell your crypto coin and when you don't need then Keep them HODL or do the trade. You also can hold 40% of your coin for a long time to make good profits or as a savings money. The best thing is Trade. Buy And Sell coins can increase the market value.

[   B E S T   C H A N G E   ]      Best Rates For Exchanging Cryptocurrency
●              ►              Buy bitcoin with credit card  ✓              ◄              ●
FACEBOOK                TWITTER                INSTAGRAM                TELEGRAM
RAmondragon

Activity: 197

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:17:56 PM

If we all HODL, it can actually go either way. But most likely the price will increase since there will be no people selling for others who wants to buy. So basically, as long as the demand is there, buyers will increase their offer so that HODLers will most likely sell their coins. If there is no demand, then there is no point in selling since no one is buying.

[  EOT  ]      FIRST DECENTRALIZED GAME NETWORK        [  EOT  ]
ICO: JULY 25
        │        READ OUR WHITEPAPER
████████││   REDDIT   ││   TELEGRAM   ││   TWITTER   ││   MEDIUM   ││   WEBSITE   ││████████
jeffer8035

Activity: 251

View Profile
July 07, 2018, 04:21:12 PM

It is a question but not all sell when many sell too many are waiting to buy so I say that nuncqa will happen that phenomenon and if they sell all is because there are many people willing to buy and there is more market still expanding by new hands would go in and also great aprobecharian whales, you do not have to be like the oars, you have to be sharks, and those who want to sell their bitcoin cheaply

⚡⚡ PRiVCY ⚡⚡   ▂▃▅▆█ ✅ PRiVCY (PRIV) is a new PoW/PoS revolutionary privacy project ● ☞ ✅ Best privacy crypto-market! ● █▆▅▃▂
    Own Your Privacy! ─────────────────║ WebsiteGithub  |  Bitcointalk  |  Twitter  |  Discord  |  Explorer ║─────────────────
   ✯✯✯✯✯                 ✈✈✈[Free Airdrop - Starts 9th June]✅[Tor]✈✈✈ ║───────────║ Wallet ➢ ✓ Windows  |  ✓ macOS  |  ✓ Linux
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: