Bitcoin Forum
June 20, 2024, 12:18:36 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
killat

Activity: 742
Merit: 21

Be the reason someone smiles today

View Profile WWW
July 26, 2018, 05:57:39 AM

There are too many holders, so it's basically impossible to synchronize everyone to buy or sell at the same time. When many holders sell, price goes up and vice versa.

To me, when "no one" sells (still someone sells, but insignificant amounts to the market) it's a good sign, as people become aware of their holdings value.

✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible
✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦✦
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 01:48:46 PM

This is very true and I think we have to sell and also buy at the same time to keep btc alive. Always we want to HODL but dont want to sell until it moons.
I strongly disagree with what you think about, the bitcoin and other altcoin holders are very numerous, and not all of them join this forum, although very many people are advising to withhold it but I think the decision to sell or hold back on their respective beliefs respectively. so do not be afraid if bitcoin will die because you hold bitcoin and do not sell it
jemarleon

Activity: 420
Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:20:10 PM

I dont understand what you are pointing here, you just said that bitcoin will die if all of us hold without stating any reason's.

You are so wrong, of course if all of us hold bitcoin there will be a higher price because the supply is short and there are more demands that is the reason why we always suggest people to hold.
Genamant

Activity: 730

Trphy.io

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:24:19 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

I think you got things all wrong. When people will hodl bitcoin then bitcoin price will surely skyrocket as demand will be very high and if majority is hodling then it would be difficult to buy so the price will surely go up.

jobking01

Activity: 28
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 02:28:13 PM

Actually, some one will be hold and some one will be exchange. If any body only hodl, i think bitcoin world will be destroy Smiley
kidamazo

Activity: 289
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 26, 2018, 07:56:59 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
It is obvious that price will be declining to 0. Because where there is no demand, it could not just go up because of some mysterious things happening, the main vehicle of price getting up is exactly that increasing demand.
AlexAtom

Activity: 560

YOUC - www.youengine.io

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:05:03 AM

If there were no selling, the price of our coins could never rising. What is causing the price of coin skyrocketing ? it is simple.
Some peoples buy it low, and later they sell it higher, and the process repeat.
Just look at bitcoin. The price from less than $1 to $19k why ? That was because there are peoples buying and selling.

●   John McAfee Supports   ●
 ❰❰❰❰❰❰  Advertising Platform  ❱❱❱❱❱❱ 
● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●●●    ●  YOUC  ●    ●●● ▬▬▬▬▬ ● ▬▬▬▬▬ ●
Polkadott

Activity: 125
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:36:43 AM

This will make the market very low to me. So the best thing should be sell and buy at the same time so that there will be a nice balance on the market.

yes it is true that determine the price of bitcoin down or up is the movement in the currency market crypto, in addition to bitcoin value is also influenced by large capital investors
Williamnak

Activity: 76

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:42:48 AM

nothing is impossible but from my point of view, there will be someone is impatient and they will sell their coin
rwishva

Activity: 26
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:45:01 AM

I have only one question, can we HODL until we die  ? ;P Nope Never people need money for their expenses hence any one of the worlds from any corner must have to sell or buy. so your imagination will not ever happen   
FourByfour

Activity: 350
Merit: 11

D.U.G

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 03:52:41 AM

Then all the code in the market will always be green and will always have a high market price but we all know that it can never happen because there are traders who are always dumping btc of they. And it can not happen
Which is also a bad thing, well for me even if that happens it won't always be good, if no one would sell theirs.

CryptoSmile

Activity: 770

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 04:09:30 AM

There will never be situations like those you mentioned, on the cryptocurrency market. Because there are millions of people in the cryptocurrency market, where each of them has their own strategy in investing, eventually there are some people who sell, and some who buy, as well as some who withhold. But if it happens as you mentioned it.then of course the price will rise as long as the demand remains the same.
jemarleon

Merit: 13

Silence

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:37:35 PM

If there were no selling, the price of our coins could never rising. What is causing the price of coin skyrocketing ? it is simple.
Just look at bitcoin. The price from less than $1 to $19k why ? That was because there are peoples buying and selling.
I really dont get what you are talking about, do you people see what you are typing and agreeing?

When most people HOLD the price will go up because there will be higher demand and lower supply, your theory is very wrong bro. bitcoin didnt reach $19k because of buying and selling its price go up because there are many people interested to invest and there is a lower supply.
Caladonian

Activity: 1302
Merit: 540

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:43:06 PM

I really dont get what you are talking about, do you people see what you are typing and agreeing?

When most people HOLD the price will go up because there will be higher demand and lower supply, your theory is very wrong bro. bitcoin didnt reach $19k because of buying and selling its price go up because there are many people interested to invest and there is a lower supply.
From those ideas that Bitcoin can bring decent profits,new investors join in and create a hype, just like you have said supply and demand more people invest the higher chances that the value will grow the longer they hold the higher peak that it can reached, holding helps to increase the value of any assets if more interested people will support and invest.
Gaurav11kb

Activity: 140

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 01:46:32 PM

Those who want to buy will stop buying after a price and if all others are HODLing then there would be no volume in market. Ultimately those who are in profit and want to liquidate their holding will start selling. 100% people are never going to HODL. So after sometime, there will be balance of buying and selling again.
Ilegendph

Activity: 434
Merit: 103

Thinking on the higher plane of existence.

View Profile WWW
July 27, 2018, 01:59:07 PM

Its because no transaction would be done on the network of cryptocurrency specially bitcoin. Trading is one of the major factor why cryptocurrency has value and most of the time it dictates the price. The price would go down if no one would want to sell their assets at the current price because it will be useless since the major use of it is to transfer value from place to place or around the world. People would find another way to do it which is more cheaper. For the industry to grow, we need people that will actually use bitcoin for transactions like remittances and trading and not just to hold it. There is no company backing it up or product to sell because it is the product itself.

E C O S T A R T |                              telegram      twitter      facebook                     Instant and transparent
                                   WE CREATE A CRYPTOCURRENCY FOR OUR PLANET  ▬▬▬▬   financing of environmental
[   WHITEPAPER      ONEPAGER   ]                JOIN                               projects.     
Scavagers

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:13:46 PM

Hodling is the safest thing that you can do to your owned bitcoins. Selling those bitcoins in these times would probably worsen the situation. During dumps, people tend to do panic selling which contributes more to the dump so hodling it while on dump is the safest way to do.
sneeze11

Activity: 347
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:25:18 PM

If no one sells and they only do is holding I think the price of it will be stable and not be change. If that happen the percentage of people that is interest to work here in bitcoin will be decrease.
Sexie

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:28:47 PM

Hold when you think that the price is so low, lower than the price  when  you bought it. The good thing is better to buy more coins when it is Very low.  If you are wiling to lose from your investment then just sell it. If you have patience to hold then Its better.  HOLDIngs does not mean that the market Will Go down. It means that enerybody is keeping all  rhe Bitcoin value. It is in demand  if everybody  Just hold it.

center]EMPIREHOTELS  (EMPC) The Future of Hospitality
--------  WhitepaperTwitter Telegram ?   Instagram ?  [DO NOT POST SESC LINKS]Bitcointalk Thread [/url]    -------  Join our ICO :  feb. 10.2019- March.31.2019 [/center]
MrCrank

Activity: 1330
Merit: 258

View Profile
July 27, 2018, 02:45:17 PM

Hold is good decision nowadays.
I holding BTC too.
You said that Bitcoin will die.. It's wrong. BTC never die.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: