Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 10:12:41 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
gamersarap

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:10:46 AM

I think when everyone holds bitcoin and nobody sells bitcoin then market conditions will not experience movement and the longer the market will die.This should revive the market by balancing the state of supply and demand for coins.If we do large-scale moves or sell big or just buy on a large scale then it will not improve the state of the market.The state of the market will only fall and not get public trust.
nesis67

Activity: 36

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 12:30:02 AM

In my opinion,if everyone is going to hold it,I think the market will go down because the volume is much lower than the usual volume.We need to circulate this to have a good value and a healthy market. Because I think HODL for a long time is not a perfect idea.To make the balance of the system we should not adopt such an idea.Holding and not selling will make the market worse so it's better to distribute the bitcoin to make the most of it.
BitcoinPanther

Activity: 1918
Merit: 564

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 01:40:34 AM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

Hi there Oseiboateng!

I felt sad reading how you see yourself a victim of HODL! HODL! HODL!

Did you mean to say that you hodl your crypto asset and ended up with far less value than what you were expecting of it?  If that is the case then i understand your frustration.But you have to accept the fact that the economy of crypto will always be volatile. There is no future proofing our assets.

To HODL is actually, in theory, good for the supply/demand economic principle but you are right too, there should be a sense of balance, otherwise things might go zit, zap and bonkers.

My piece of advice, HODL when you can, sell when you must. Remember that cryptocurrency was intended to be a mode of payment, a cash system that was suppose to help us in our daily financial needs. Best of luck to us all.
Frisianhug

Activity: 30

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 08:11:55 AM

In my opinion,it is unlikely that all bitcoin users simultaneously withhold the bitcoin they have,but if that happens,then the market will not have price movements,and bitcoin will get worse.I do not understand if all bitcoin users will withhold,but I understand that there will always be people who buy,sell,and some survive.That's what causes price movements.
Redhead5

Activity: 210
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:18:10 PM

In my opinion,if everyone is going to hold it,I think the market will go down because the volume is much lower than the usual volume.We need to circulate this to have a good value and a healthy market. Because I think HODL for a long time is not a perfect idea.To make the balance of the system we should not adopt such an idea.Holding and not selling will make the market worse so it's better to distribute the bitcoin to make the most of it.

Agree. Crypto market is all about buy and sell, and not really for holding that means will earn great profits but it will make great losses also in times of longer bearish market trends. It is needed to have a good balance of circulation so that crypto industry will keep moving and all who wants to invest will be satisfied for the great supply and demands, than holding it without any circulation happened that may caused crypto slowly growing.
Spontebob

Activity: 418
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 02:46:17 PM

This will make the market very low to me. So the best thing should be sell and buy at the same time so that there will be a nice balance on the market.

This is how it should be. Balance. The development and circulation  of market will surely be destroyed if every bitcoin user stops trading or selling and begins holding which may cause malfunction.
logangbit

Activity: 504

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 05:10:07 PM

It can be a positive thing like increase price or can be a very negative thing also.if no one sells coins and hold those, if market has demand of those coins price will increase but here is a bad effect about no selling and only holding.if no selling then.new comers will not able to invest  on crypto currenices and cant do anything but bounty.Moreover people are used to invest in crypto currencies.they will leave crypto currency because of no selling. because thay can buy and cant hold coins to get profit from coins.
joshua0502

Activity: 93

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 05:22:49 PM

If they only do is to hold and if someone sells bitcoin. I think the price will be double and when that time comes there is a possibility that all the holder of bitcoin will do the same too. It can be a surprising strategy that can get a good profit. Another thing is, it will be a bad move to them because the government and the smuggler will do the same too. And the owner of the crypto and the one who is holding bitcoin will do a strategy to stop the unforgivable happenings because it can lead to the downfall of bitcoin if they don't wont step on holding and not selling bitcoins.
lumedeee02

Activity: 209

View Profile WWW
July 28, 2018, 06:08:27 PM

I think when most people hold it will definitely increase the value because there will be a lot of demand and when there is increase in demand so those that want to sell will want to sell at a high price
cmarquez

Activity: 81

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 06:24:48 PM

The movement of market price of bitcoin is affected by the demand and supply factors that is why it is said to sell your crypto when it reaches a profitable price and buy again when the price gets cheaper.
stiffbud

Activity: 980
Merit: 500

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:16:44 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  
If a lot of people just hold their coins and do nothing else then the price will definitely rise if the investors are having confidence in that coin but if no one is having any confidence then the price will decline as people also get frustrated when no action is happening in the market, so it's better to have a swinging market rather than a bullish market as after sometime the market busts and bearish market starts.

Decentralized
Asset-Backed Banking

▄▄██████████████████
 █████████████████████
█████▀▀
████▀    ████
████     ████
████     ████
         ████     ████
         ████    ▄████
               ▄▄█████
█████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀ 
.TheStandard.io.█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
████████████████████████████
█████████████████▀▀  ███████
█████████████▀▀      ███████
█████████▀▀   ▄▄     ███████
█████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ████████
█████████ █▀        ████████
█████████ █ ▄███▄   ████████
██████████████████▄▄████████
acreed

Activity: 69

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 07:26:59 PM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com.

From what i learn, when all people doing HODL, bitcoin prices will stand at flat line not increase or decrease because no one do transaction, but i don't think this scenario will run because it's hard to make all people to do same thing like HODL or buying bitcoin or selling their bitcoin in same time.

Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

I don't think bitcoin will die when all investor doing HODL.

http://SPORTSFIX.io
●   BE A GAME CHANGER   ●

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Sam San

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:11:29 PM

I think in a way, yes, that may be correct.
Though if a huge part of users will hold, it will reduce the supply overall - bitcoin depends on the demand/supply concept so we can say that it will increase the value.
But of course, buying and demand is as important as well as it keeps the balance. I cannot imagine other people apart from those who hodl their coins not buying coins, they will as the interest for cryptocurrency with newer users will always be there.

Yes, I agree. I don't think everyone HODL because there are some other countries that normally uses bitcoin as a currency. We are just only limiting the supply in the market if bitcoin holders in this forum will do it, in order to regain back the price after a price fall.
the more people will hold the coin bitcoin the more expensive will be its value due to the rarity of the possibility of finding it. the harder it is to buy, the less bitcoin will be used in the calculations.

Cryptpopo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 29, 2018, 07:19:53 PM

it is very obvious that everyone hold to our self and not selling the bitcoin,to make the currency to achieved the purpose,buy and selling of the currency must be in place
SmokerFace

Activity: 958
Merit: 265

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:29:34 PM

The effects of No one sells but HODLing can helps the coin to move up because there's a low number of people who sells the coin and there's a chance to pump up the price as you see if the coin are on trend so many HODLers are coming and after that the market has going to pump and check coinmarketcap.com most of the coin with a high value have a low circulating supplies but if their supplies are so many the value of that coin are low.
That's the reason why Bitcoin value is very due to many holders and supporters on it.
3acaga

Activity: 462
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:31:12 PM

No, you are completely wrong in your thoughts - this is my opinion.
If everyone will protect their bitcoins and not engage in trade, there are still people who need bitcoin - and the price of saving will only grow.
Better to take bitcoin than to sell cheaper than the price you bought.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:37:01 PM

No, You are wrong. Even if most of the people stop buying Bitcoin and decide to hodl then also many people are going to buy Bitcoin because they need it to survive. And that's how the market price will grow and when it grows to a huge number everyone will sell their Bitcoin and the market will return to their previous state. If each and every individual decided to stop buying Bitcoin then the whole market will crash but it is impossible that everyone will stop buying Bitcoin it is same as what will happen if everyone stop using banks.
Tylev

Activity: 854
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:42:59 PM

If everyone keeps bitcoin and no one sells it, nothing good will come of it. In theory, since there will be no offers for sale, but only demand for it (assuming there is still demand), then the price of bitcoin should then rise. However, I do not think that this will happen in practice. If bitcoin would be unique and indispensable in the crypto currency, then there might be a demand for it and it would grow. However, even now, many coins with better characteristics than bitcoin appeared on the crypto-currency market. Therefore, I think that in that case it will simply lose all value.
olyolali

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:49:53 PM

HODL or not depends on each of us. sometimes there are HODL for several years no progress. but when we do not HODL we sell all, 2 days later rise very high. that crypto is very difficult in the guess.
alenpowa

Activity: 92

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 07:50:28 PM

If nobody sells the price will increase.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: