Bitcoin Forum
May 30, 2024, 06:16:56 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  
Author Topic: WHAT HAPPENS WHEN NO ONE SELLS BUT HODL?  (Read 1602 times)
MadisonWood1212

Activity: 34
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:35:09 AM

If everyone decides to HODL all the bitcoins they own, maybe the bitcoin value will go down without stopping. We should not be HODL but should consider when to buy and when should sell. If you buy the right way, it can give you a tremendous amount of money, sometimes even more significant than the money you invested in it.
ValerKat

Activity: 378
Merit: 35

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 06:57:08 AM

I try to imagine such situation and think that if none will trade, crypto will deadlock. There will be no offerings in the exchanges, no increases or decreases of coins. Everything will just "freeze" on one level. 
ErlindaBit

Activity: 227

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 07:32:10 AM

Actually, we must know first, do the coins that most people hold really have the potential for the future? or coins that they have very low value?
But, we can predict if demand conditions are higher then prices will rise. So, if most people hold, prices will skyrocket.
CharlesCorley

Activity: 77

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:33:35 AM

When every one going to hold and no one will going to sell then most probably the market will feel the shortage of bitcoin and ultimately the price will start rising.
draacubile328

Activity: 34

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 09:51:08 AM

cryptocurrency or any commodity used for trading must follow its rules, if everyone decides to HODL their Bitcoin quantity that no one will sell, then the market will gradually be saturated, people will transfer to another coin, Bitcoin will self-destruction.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:14:08 AM

Most peoples saying HODL because they hope circulation supply in market can reduced. When peoples storing their coin/token in wallet and not exchange, supply in market will reducing and market mechanism will make price token/coin increasing.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
karagun125

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile WWW
August 07, 2018, 10:19:31 AM

I think there will be problem with the prices, if no one will sell the price i think will not rise as its supply is low. Buy if that coins you hodl is no longer have a chance to rise up, it is better to keep it and hodl it, rather than sell in a lowest or cheap price.
kosaymoive333

Activity: 32

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:21:51 AM

There will be two cases: either bitcoin will increase very fast because of bitcoin scarcity will push prices up. The second case is that when investors do not buy bitcoin will switch to another coin then people are sure to sell off bitcoin and bitcoin prices will fall sharply.
thenameisjay

Activity: 462
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:24:31 AM

I have been monitoring so many post about HODL! HODL!! HODL!!! I am a victim of that but I have sat down and analyzed something. We should all know what will happen when we all decide to HODL. This will be one of the deadliest that will ever happen in cryptocurrencies. When we all decide to HODL I think the markets will go down and the green markets we want will never com. Also BTC will die when we all decide to HODL. I think we can at the same time SELL and BUY to keep our greatest cryptocurrency alive. I stand to be corrected and also we can add some to it as to what will happen.  

When no one buys and sells bitcoins and continue to hodl, people would demand more and the price would pump up jigher than usual, or bitcoins will die because no one is trying to circulate bitcoins around the world because everyone is hodling, meaning no one is buying and selling.

♦      GΞMΞRA      ♦     Crypto-Token Backed by Colombian Emeralds     [  WHITEPAPER  ]               
     ▬▬▬    PRE-SALE  ▶  Sep 10th - Oct 24th     JOIN NOW & get 20% BONUS!    ▬▬▬     
♦          TELEGRAM        TWITTER        FACEBOOK        YOUTUBE         MEDIUM         GITHUB         LINKEDIN          ♦
FedorIzmailov

Activity: 238
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:27:18 AM

Yes, uniquely, if we all keep coins in the long run, the market will fall and it will not be raised. definitely need to be active in the market in order for it to grow Wink
hessanseen

Activity: 244

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:28:01 AM

I don't agree that HODL will let the market fall, and the market transactions are very inactive now, but the market correction is not because there are too many people HODL, but because there is no new money to enter the market.
derekeaton

Activity: 140
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:38:53 AM

Of course this is not the best option for bitcoin if everyone just keeps their coins. We need people who will sell and buy, without them the market will die. Therefore, it is not necessary to simply store coins.
moinguoi5c333

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 10:44:51 AM

At the moment, I am also HODL number of Bitcoin that I have, however, I will sell at the right time. If everyone HODL I think Bitcoin will no longer compete with other coins.
thithoikochoi123

Activity: 28

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:10:39 AM

When no one sells Bitcoin but HODL of course bitcoin will not be enough to trade. With the small amount of Bitcoin being exploited, bitcoin prices are likely to increase dramatically
Conthongon234

Activity: 31

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:29:58 AM

I do not think so, Bitcoin is a more special case than any coin. When everyone decides on HODL, the amount of bitcoin is still going to rise from the miners, the value of Bitcoin will increase.
excolony

Activity: 29

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:52:22 AM

the price will fly
shawn995

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 11:57:02 AM

As a matter of first importance that will never happen on the grounds that market isn't only three man that you need to persuade not to offer or hold. it is a large number of individuals each completing an alternate thing so there will dependably be a few people who are offering, some who are purchasing and some who are holding to offer quite a while later on.
additionally HODL doesn't have any significant bearing to everything! you hold something that merits holding meaning bitcoin. clearly when you hold any poo coin that you can get your hands on you will end up being a casualty.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:26:06 PM

well I think it depends on the timing and what do you reuquired, cause I'm pretty sure that anyone will need something sometimes. So everyones hope could be to hodling for long  as they want to but they don't know what troible they could get later.
Tulanpa

Activity: 98

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:33:36 PM

If every body hold and refuse to sell, the price will rise but at one time if they all dump at when price is high it will definitely drop again.
ansarose1

Activity: 784

View Profile
August 07, 2018, 02:46:06 PM

If everybody will hodl their tokens maybe prices of that tokens goes down because no token is sold, that would probably the main reason i guess for the tokens that are not been rising because many areb hodling it and but seems all are waiting for the time it rises to sell it and gains a huge profit.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 [21] 22 23 24 »  All
  Print  

Jump to: