Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:27:10 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5213 times)
aliichaudhary

Activity: 14
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 09:48:32 AM

think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
ainajane11

Activity: 58

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:01:09 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Gold and Silver is infinite I think. Old people really used to their culture which having gold and silver is a great deal to them.
Crystal24

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:31:51 AM

Its because investing in gold seems more stable investment than investing on let say bitcoin.
weblouartisan

Activity: 448
Merit: 100

Lets Go Adab

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 10:33:39 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Millenials and old people have different mind set, those people who younger age want to earn more profit in a very short amount of time and in that case, cryptocurrency is the answer.

DaftAjax

Activity: 532
Merit: 284

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:09:04 AM

Simple, that's the only thing they knew that has a great return-value at their time, so they would always assume that it will. But the problem is, its not wild-wild-west anymore. Countries revolutionize, mining//investing precious metals are not the only ways that could give you significant amount of profits when it comes to investment. Actually there have been so many ways to earn as many as "investing in precious metals". You see that's the problem, they didn't expect that we came this far already. So innovations don't matter to them, they will stick to the traditional way (in investment only, not every aspect that tradition is linked in).

|████████████████████████████
██████▀  ▀█████████▀ ▀██████
████▀      ▀█████▀     ▀████
███▀        ▀███         ███
███▄        ▄████▄     ▄████
██████▀  ▀█████████▄ ▄██████
████████████████████████████
████▀▀▀██▀▀▀██████▀   ▀█████
███          █████▄   ▄█████
███▄        ▄███▀  ▀ ▀  ▀███
████▄      ▄████▄  ▄ ▄  ▄███
███████▄▄██████████▄▄▄██████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
▄█████████▀    ▄████▀   ▄██▀
 ▄▄▄   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀   ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
█████████████████████  █████
██████████▀ ▀███████████████
▄███████▀     ▀██████  ████▄
███████         ████████████
▀███████▄     ▄██████  ████▀
██████████▄ ▄███████████████
█████████████████████  █████

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄    ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀    ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄████████████▀  ▄███▀  ▄███▀
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|         ▄▄████▄▄       
     ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄   
 ▄▄█████▀▀      ▀▀█████▄▄
████▀▀              ▀▀████
███       ▄▄████▄▄     ███
███   ▄▄█████▀▀█████▄▄ ███
███▄█████▀▀      ▀▀███████
█████▀▀    ▀█████▀   ▀▀███
███         ▀█▀▀███▄▄    ▀
████▄▄            ▀▀███▄ 
 ▀▀█████▄▄      ▄▄█████▀ 
     ▀▀█████▄▄█████▀▀     
         ▀▀████▀▀         
Acewins.io|████████████████████████████
██████████  ██  ████████████
████████         ▀██████████
██████████  ████▄  █████████
██████████  ████▀  █████████
██████████          ▀███████
██████████  ███████  ███████
████████▀▀  ▀▀▀▀▀▀  ▄███████
████████▄▄  ▄▄  ▄▄▄█████████
██████████▄▄██▄▄████████████
████
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
  ██
████
|||
Boris_sahnevich

Activity: 280
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 11:59:47 AM

Because, in their opinion, investments in gold and silver are the most reliable.
ilnick

Activity: 322

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:18:08 PM

Many older people adhere to conservative views on life. Investments in gold and silver were always justified and reliable. Also, older people do not trust crypto-currencies.
Rossy Akbar

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:33:02 PM

Maybe because all the metals will looks gorgeous when they wearing it, that's what happened in my country where mostly the old peoples really love to use gold especially and invest their money in there.
alyssa85
Legendary

Activity: 1652
Merit: 1088

CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:44:03 PM

Part of it is to do with WW2. Victims who owned gold coins could flee easily and carry their money with them, as gold could be sold anywhere in the world (whereas carrying the potentially worthless money of the country you were fleeing from was difficult (the bulk) and possibly pointless (you wouldn't be able to exchange it).

The second bunch of gold bugs experienced the super-high inflation of the 1970's when prices were literally increasing by 15% a year. If you had gold you retained your money.

Cryptocurrency in theory solves the problems that gold solves as well, but hasn't yet been put to a test in a real crisis. Whereas gold has been tested in crises and came through really well.

. ██████████.
                              .████████████████.
                           .██████████████████████.
                        -█████████████████████████████
                     .██████████████████████████████████.
                  -█████████████████████████████████████████
               -███████████████████████████████████████████████
           .-█████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       ..████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████..
       .   .██████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
       .      .████████████████████████████████████████████████.

.       .██████████████████████████████████████████████
       .    ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████
       .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████████████.
        .███████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
           .█████████████████████████████████████████████████████
              .████████████████████████████████████████████████
                   ████████████████████████████████████████
                      ██████████████████████████████████
                          ██████████████████████████
                             ████████████████████
                               ████████████████
                                   █████████
.YoBit InvestBox.|.BUY X10 AND EARN 10% DAILY.🏆
curry101

Activity: 271

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:57:40 PM

Because precious metals especially gold and silver value dont go down. Every year the value of golds and silver is going higher and higher. Your investment capital in buying gold is secured and it doesnt go low to earn loss, so investing in gold and silver is always gain.

Malaya

Merit: 102

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 12:59:20 PM

Older people are used to traditional way of investing money. Since they are not really in to using high technologies. And maybe for some reason they doesn't know or dont have idea about cryptos. And they consider gold and silver as long term investment.

████          O W N R   W A L L E T          ████   VISA PREPAID CARD    ████  Use crypto to pay in stores with OWNR  ████
❱❱❱❱ ❱❱❱ ❱❱ ❱     Buy, send, receive and exchange crypto        VISA    mastercard   SPA    UnionPay     ❰ ❰❰ ❰❰❰ ❰❰❰❰
BLOG       TWITTER     ██ █▌█ ▌     Manage crypto and VISA card in OWNR Wallet app    ▐ █▐█ ██     REDDIT   YOUTUBE
Deathgamer

Merit: 10

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:16:02 PM

Well I ask my grandfather why he like investing in Gold and he says that investing in gold for a long term will made you rich because Gold value is always increasing and also it is proven and by alot of people already.
Andrew S

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:24:08 PM

Because they do not know that apart from gold and silver there is an opportunity to invest in another direction.
gowobonyok

Activity: 490
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:34:10 PM

gold / silver is a traditional investment that is still used to date, especially older people. because gold investment is arguably safer because there is certification from the government, and also the price of gold never goes down, and tends to keep going up.
rasp

Activity: 900
Merit: 503

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:39:45 PM

If you mean people that are like 60-70 years old now, they caught up with the economic crisis and the fall of dollar that took place in 1970s.
Precious metals then seemed to be the most reliable investment against the background of constant fluctuation of money.
So, loving gold and silver is just an acquired habit and following of tradition.

1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 01:50:30 PM

Well I ask my grandfather why he like investing in Gold and he says that investing in gold for a long term will made you rich because Gold value is always increasing and also it is proven and by alot of people already.

It all depends on the moment you enter as always, and the risk>reward ratio you are willing to expose yourself to.

If you bought Gold like 5 years ago, you are down ~2% plus 5 years worth of loss in purchasing power on top of that. People should accept that Gold in current form just won't perform well to the degree it did years and years ago. It has reached a point at which it will likely continue to stabilize and pretty much swallow everything that governments and other entities throw at it. It's one of the most liquid markets in existence. If people really believe it will increase another 100% in the coming 5-10 years they are delusional.

And then we don't even know what Bitcoin will do as the digital equivalent of Gold. It might very well grab a very large chunk of Gold's market to further suppress it.
uchechiboy

Activity: 57

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 02:05:21 PM

i think it  is because they see gold and silver  as a precious things that has great values , so the will like to invest in it more than any other things ,so that they can get something precious like it.they appreciate gold and silver it give's them joy.

cryptocurrency in theory solves many problem that gold solved as well,but has not being tested in crisis like the gold do and come out successfully.
IMAR

Activity: 314
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:07:44 PM

The Gold rush happens in the time of the older generation. Something that old people trusted. Real product and with value. That is most probably the reason why older generation is cling on investment in Gold and Silver. I'm sure thy don't trust paper assets. Most of them hates it actually.
laravuemaster

Activity: 378

When Football meets Crypto

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 03:16:51 PM

In my own opinion, there are a lot of older people today who are not updated about the technology and some of the does not know about cryptocurrency but if they learn about how bitcoins can make you rich by trading then obviously they will choose cryptocurrency more than gold.

wahyu wida

Activity: 826

View Profile
July 11, 2018, 04:18:12 PM

In my own opinion, there are a lot of older people today who are not updated about the technology and some of the does not know about cryptocurrency but if they learn about how bitcoins can make you rich by trading then obviously they will choose cryptocurrency more than gold.
i think not like that, parents have limited thinking about technology, so they are hard to learn bitcoin, they prefer gold because it has been trusted since the first, so no need to learn more about the investment
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: