Bitcoin Forum
June 16, 2024, 11:39:51 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
Hallmader

Activity: 1123
Merit: 253

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:22:33 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Well, the key word there is old. As they say, you cannot teach old dogs new tricks. The old investors, consider Warren Buffet for example, are not easily swayed by new technologies that are not 100% convincing to them. Gold, silver, diamonds, and other precious stones have proven time and again their worth. It has resolved all doubts as to its resiliency in the market. Whatever happens to the world, their values remain stable and high.

JACS|JUST ANOTHER
COMMUNICATIONS
STACK
██     ██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████
██████████████████████████████████████████████████████████     ██
████████████ █▄
████████████ ███▄
████████████ █████▄
████████████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄████
███████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████████
▄█████████████████████████▄
███████████████████████████
██████████████████▀▀███████
█████████████▀▀▀    ███████
████████▀▀▀   ▄▀   ████████
█████▄     ▄█▀     ████████
████████▄ █▀      █████████
█████████▌▐       █████████
██████████ ▄██▄  ██████████
████████████████▄██████████
▀█████████████████████████▀
███████████ ██ ████████████
███████▀▀▀▀ ▀▀ ▀▀██████████
████████▄   ▄▄▄▄  ▀████████
█████████   ████   ████████
█████████         ▀████████
█████████   ████    ███████
████████▀   ▀▀▀▀   ▄███████
███████▄▄▄▄ ▄▄ ▄▄▄█████████
███████████ ██ ████████████
█████▄    ███████▀    ▄████
███████    █████▀    ██████
███████     ███▀     ██████
███████ █    █▀ █    ██████
███████ ██     ██    ██████
███████ ███   ███    ██████
█████▀   ▀██ ███▀    ▀█████
█████▀               ▀█████
████▌                 ▐████
████       ██▄▄        ████
████       ██████      ████
████       ██▀▀        ████
████▌                 ▐████
█████▄               ▄█████
Intensity13.6

Activity: 70
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:33:53 AM

Older people like investing in gold and silver than cryptocurrency because they are more aware about the valuable tangible assets like gold and silver. Also there are gold and silver already since the beginning that's why they are more familiar with it. Another reason they don't want to take the risk because they are old enough. If they enter in crypto,it could be difficult for them to understand the volatility of digital currency and difficult for them to use modern technology like gadgets and computers.
lingwistiko

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

╔►[FILIPINO Translator]◄╝

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 06:47:33 AM

I think oldies can't go with the trend as bitcoin and cryptocurrencies for instance needs technical knowledge. Gold/Silver and any other precious stones or elements were already there long ago and they've been acquainted to it already since they are young.

_jshsnts

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:09:44 AM

Gold and silver is the only money that has never failed in the last 5000 years. This is the safest investment that has the greatest potential to increase your wealth. These are just some reasons to invest in gold and silver. In the future there will be globally changes with in the financial system with all the currencies. By investing in gold and silver, we will have the purchasing power because of it's portability if ever happens. And this will become the biggest wealth transfer globally.
Andrej Peiboski

Activity: 350
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:12:45 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Whether you like it or not, bitcoin has existed for less than 10 years, gold has been used as an exchange tool for at least 5000.
Then, gold certainly does not allow bitcoin gains, but I would say it's a little more reliable to preserve the value Smiley

BitcoinCommodor

Activity: 504
Merit: 106

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 09:43:57 AM

Everyone has their own choice and not really everyone that is investing in gold and silver. I once thought of investing my money I’m gold, that was before I discovered Bitcoin,  but after enquiring from friends that were already doing it,  there wasn’t much that was coming from and they were all looking for other opportunities. I got into trading and after trading for sometime  I then discovered Bitcoin and I can tell you that bitcoin is even more better.
Rose119

Activity: 502
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 10:22:19 AM

Everyone has their own choice and not really everyone that is investing in gold and silver. I once thought of investing my money I’m gold, that was before I discovered Bitcoin,  but after enquiring from friends that were already doing it,  there wasn’t much that was coming from and they were all looking for other opportunities. I got into trading and after trading for sometime  I then discovered Bitcoin and I can tell you that bitcoin is even more better.

I am one of the people who did not invest in gold or silver,  I like to have jewelry but I just want to use it not to invest,  well what ever you are doing, it's either invest in gold or in silver as long as you think that you get money then it's good to invest like in bitcoin, I invest my money in bitcoin because I know soon I earn huge profit.
Dudeperfect

Activity: 1190
Merit: 534

View Profile WWW
July 12, 2018, 11:36:07 AM

I believe that when a person grows after a certain age limit, he starts losing his capacity of working and earning money that results in the shift in his approach towards investments. He starts rearranging his investments with a defensive approach in his mind due to lack of capacity to build more capital in the future. When it comes to Gold/Silver, it is one of the oldest and hence secure ways of investing wealth according to most of us. That's the reason why we look at these metals as the favourite option to the people looking for safer investment. This might be an illusion but since we believed it so far, some people fear to adopt change and invest in new options such as cryptocurrencies.
juragane

Activity: 476

CAT.EX Exchange

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:08:41 PM

many parents are more advise to invest in gold or silver because maybe I think they have been affected with gold and silver which has a very expensive price and total supply is also not limited and very much the risk of gold or silver is very high.

BitcoinMarketer39

Activity: 392

ADABsSsSsSsSSSsS

View Profile
July 12, 2018, 12:16:54 PM

Not every people in the community is knowledgeable about the new technologies today such as cryptocurrency and that is the reason why, some of the people still prefer to invest on gold or silver.

opinion3

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 13, 2018, 09:01:13 PM

Because the less metal or some other substance exists on Earth, the more valuable it is. It's never change
BlueStackz
Legendary

Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:19:12 AM

As far as I know, older people like to invest in gold because these precious metals are worth something and they are used to owning these precious metal and when they need money instantly or if there is an emergency, it is easy for them to pawn it and so they think it is really a good investment, just like bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies now wherein you hold them but if ever you really need the money for emergency cases you can easily convert them and withdraw them.
Yes because old is gold that is why old people love to invest in gold. Well they are of the view that the market value of the gold and silver are stable and they have been in touch with metals like these through out their lives.

The shift from gold to technology like Bitcoin is difficult for them because they can use their experience to earn big hand in gold but their experience is of not value in Bitcoin so they might not go lucky if they shift to technology. This is a possible reason why old people invest in gold.
D3m1r4wanti

Activity: 714
Merit: 102

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:34:04 AM

probably because of the risk they can get,
because the risk of losses in crypto currency will be greater than investing in gold / silver.
although in fact if they are jelly profits will be greater if they invest in crypto currency
1Referee
Legendary

Activity: 2170
Merit: 1427

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:44:33 AM

Because the less metal or some other substance exists on Earth, the more valuable it is. It's never change

The problem is that no one knows how much Gold there is locked away that has already been minted, and no one knows how much Gold there is left to mint. It might very well be that there is 100x more Gold to mint than what is known today. Just because something seems to be scarce, it doesn't necessarily have to be that. I don't buy into uncertainty and something that isn't transparent, and has very little day to day utility.

Bitcoin is completely transparent and for that reason it's impossible to hide supply. If there are 17.15 million Bitcoins in circulation, then there are really that many coins in circulation. It's factual information that is absolute in every way, which is something that Gold won't ever be able to offer. People need to let go of their ancient habits and ways of thinking.
suzanogbomo

Activity: 154

View Profile WWW
July 14, 2018, 11:46:58 AM

The older generations prefer to invest in precious metals because that is what they are used to.Keep in mind that Gold and Silver have been around for ages, even before fiats became mainstay
xaxaxa

Activity: 31

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:59:38 AM

Because it has been proven from hundreds of ago until now. Gold resistant with fluctuations so Safe saves your money in the long run.
btc78

Activity: 2534
Merit: 215

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:18:35 PM

Because they are old school and those kinds are more likely believers of physical,what do they care about virtually investing when their hands holds nothing but numbers?not like in gold and silver they can even just store in houses or any places they feel comfortable with,thats the main reason why they are a lover of this metals and not cryptocurrency

Valzzz005

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:19:50 PM

I trust that when a man becomes after a specific age constrain, he begins losing his ability of working and gaining cash that outcomes in the move in his approach towards speculations. He begins modifying his ventures with a cautious approach in his psyche because of absence of ability to fabricate more capital later on. With regards to Gold/Silver, it is one of the most seasoned and henceforth secure methods for contributing riches as indicated by the vast majority of us.
Lady Coquet

Activity: 454
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 12:42:17 PM

In my own personal opinion, older people would like to invest in precious metals like gold and silver because it is very valuable and it is also a good long term investment. Older people wouldn't understand about bitcoin because it is not anymore part of their trends and they think bitcoin is not a good investment, which is not true.
iASIC

Activity: 308

AMA BCT

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 02:14:33 PM

In my own personal opinion, older people would like to invest in precious metals like gold and silver because it is very valuable and it is also a good long term investment. Older people wouldn't understand about bitcoin because it is not anymore part of their trends and they think bitcoin is not a good investment, which is not true.
Older people like to invest in gold and silver because they may have problems with technology and are unlikely to wait until Bitcoin becomes more stable. Gold or silver is still the safest option. It will help them preserve their possessions and maybe their relatives will benefit from it.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: