Bitcoin Forum
May 11, 2024, 09:16:16 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
Naughty Princess

Activity: 952
Merit: 107

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:47:37 PM

If I think why their parents prefer gold and silver investments maybe this is because they are already familiar with gold and silver and gold and silver more easily found and the price is cheaper than bitcoin and the like
Gold and silver are the most popular investment in the real state and most people know it. These are found in jewelries which can pawn all the time and increase the value for long time. Bitcoin is also can earn in the from different way and good to buy some now before it go back in the good price. Gold can easy to buy because less expensive than bitcoin though the price drops.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
Viranz

Activity: 133
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:54:12 PM

Perhaps because they already believe in gold or silver, therefore they prefer to buy gold or silver. But maybe if they see how bitcoin works, they will start investing in it.
xitrum

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 10:55:52 PM

Because between us and they have gap about generation  Grin Grin Grin
In fact, older people always have a lot of worries and I do not think they are interested in investing in Crypto because they are afraid because Crypto is so new and it's like a virtual thing, they can not see it and can not handle it. In addition, Bitcoin have a huge risk and it is not valued by any model and fears that this is a psychological game.
I have met many old people and I told them about Bitcoin, as a result I was scolded for daring to believe what the internet said, oh my gods @@
You can see that with a market is gradually falling into crisis and bitcoin prices and altcoin are constantly falling sharply the risk when investing in crypto is huge. Also you can see that we are prepared to face the global economic crisis so the price of oil and gold will rise very strongly so I think we should focus on gold to invest . The value of gold is internationally recognized and you can take it anywhere to exchange.

Chrisjay29

Activity: 392
Merit: 103

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:55:32 PM

Cause older people only knew the gold/silver. Because in thier past time only silver and gold are the precious thing and if you both of them you can be rich in there time.
Anyobsss

Activity: 784
Merit: 135

DeFixy.com - The future of Decentralization

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:56:16 PM

The reason is the value of both gold and silver are increases as time passes and it is a great investment since it has a physical body and its price is stable unlike crypto

charlzyeby

Activity: 182
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 14, 2018, 11:58:30 PM

During the days of the older generation gold and sliver were the most luxurious thing one could ever own. In the 21st century these metals remain precious but a skill in computers and programming far outweighs the importance of these precious metals now.
Aleister Crowley

Activity: 966
Merit: 501

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:00:24 AM

I think it's just people who have old thoughts who are still investing in precious metals .. there are several reasons that I can not mention all ..
other than what I stated earlier.
- invest in precious metals ,, more visible
- some people are not interested in investment
- they feel great,
- the limitations of the trkologi and the environment are the factors that I might describe
Acsirp

Activity: 126

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 12:47:15 AM

The older people like investing in gold and silver because they are used to it  and they inherit their traits from their foreparents ,that incesting in gold and silver are physicsl assets that they may relay to their descendants the time they will die, for now older people does not adopt modern investment ,they are not capable of using modern technology, like this cryptocurrency and bitcoin, which will be transacted through internet and computers.
ocid

Activity: 588
Merit: 256

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:26:55 AM

I think it's just people who have old thoughts who are still investing in precious metals .. there are several reasons that I can not mention all ..
other than what I stated earlier.
- invest in precious metals ,, more visible
- some people are not interested in investment
- they feel great,
- the limitations of the trkologi and the environment are the factors that I might describe
yes, people who prefer to invest in gold and silver reflect that person's lack of insight into existing modern technologies and they dare not take the risks they will face if they choose to invest other than gold and silver.
yusupjatigumilar

Activity: 644
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 02:42:51 AM

older people prefer investing in gold and silver because they do not understand how to invest in other commodities like crypto currencies, so they are afraid that if they invest in gold and silver, they are more comfortable investing in commodities that they fully understand advantages and disadvantages they may experience
rizkyhiw
Legendary

Activity: 1484
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 05:35:11 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
I do research on my family, people older than me. So this is about a risk. They prefer gold to invest because it is safer. And when they need urgent money they can quickly sell it and the price is not too falling.
Baronggot

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:26:30 AM

Maybe because it's the investment that is already known or popular through the ages. All you have to do is to buy/invest in gold/silver and just keep in it in your treasure chest or vault and use it whenever it's needed. Unlike to crypto, i believe it's too technical for them and that they are also reluctant to ride on a bandwagon too.

rachelia13

Activity: 434

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:29:15 AM

Perhaps because of the difference perspective where older people prefer something safe in investing and they tend to choose gold because the price is stable, safe, profitable and low risk, easy to disburse and do not need a big capital. In addition to investment, gold can also be the best emergency reserve fund. The ever-increasing value each year is the reason they are still faithfully collecting gold. Gold also has a fairly high value of prestige, in addition to beautiful glow that also support the appearance.
The cure

Activity: 448
Merit: 4

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:30:15 AM

Because they are old as you said,an older people most of them are recognized the gold and silver are most valuable metals,that's why they prefer to invest with full trust to have earn more profits. Because,gold/silver continuously growing up the value annually.
chibimanau

Activity: 532

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 06:56:36 AM

I think older people invest in precious metals because they think it's safer, even if it's quite stable and offers low return on investment. They are the older generation who are used to the old technology, and also because of the high age that does not allow them to risk their money. The money they spend to spend when they get older
stephanirain

Activity: 756
Merit: 257

Freshdice.com

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 08:00:32 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
I think older people like investing in gold and silver because most of them are not interested and do not trust bitcoin and gold and silver has a good value in a long years, that is why older people would to buy these kind of precious metals especially gold.

░▓███▓▓▓▓▒▒          
                        ▒██▒      ▓██▓▒▒█▓▓▒      
                ░▓███▓▓▒▓▓██▓      ▒██████    
          ░▓███░      ▒█▓▒░  ▒███████████  
      ▒██▓▒░  ▒▓███▓      ▒▓▓▓█████████░  
  ░██▓        ▒▓▒░    ░▓▓▓▓▓███████▓███▓  
▓██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒    ░▒▒▓▓▓███████▓      ███  
███████▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓████████      ░███▒
▒██▒▓██████▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████  ▒█████
  ▓█    ▒██▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓██████████▓███████
    █▓    ▒██▓▓▓█▓▓▓████████▒    ░██████▒
    ▓██▒▓█▓▓▓▓▓█▓▓████████      ▒██████▓
      ██████▓█▓█▓█▓████████▒  ▓███████▒
       ▓███████████▓▓█████████████████
         ▓███████████▓█████░    ▓███████░
           ███████    ▓██████▓      ▓█████▓  
           ░▓█████▒    ▓██████    ▓████▓    
              ░▓████▓   ▒███████████▓      
                 ░▓█████████████▓▓▒        
                         ▒▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▓▒░            
Fresh Dice||||||Dice Now!
pallang

Activity: 518

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:23:38 AM

Older people are more familiar with gold and silver in their times so they want to invest more in gold rather than investing in Bitcoin because they are not familiar about cryptocurrency.

yurekaa

Activity: 574
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 10:54:11 AM

because they do not know about bitcoin and how to use it. and the majority of older people do not keep up with the latest technological developments so that they will find it hard to invest bitcoins that require an understanding of the internet system. shingga gold and silver are more suitable for their use as an investment.

▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄▄███████▄▄▄▄
▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄  ▄▄█████████████████▄▄
▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄▄█████████████████████▄
██████████▀▀  █████████████████▀      ▀████████████████▀      ▀████████
▄█████████     ████████████████   ▄██▄   ██████████████   ▄██▄   ███████▄
████████████   ███████████████████████   ████████████████████▀   ████████
████████████   █████████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████     █████████
████████████   ███████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████████▄   ████████
▀███████████   █████████████████▀   ▄██████████████████   ▀██▀   ███████▀
███████████   ████████████████          ███████████████▄      ▄████████
▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀▀█████████████████████▀
▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀  ▀▀█████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀        ▀▀▀▀███████▀▀▀▀
swapSwap, Earn, Bridge, Mint Crypto
& NFT in Multiple Chains
Roomshambles

Activity: 130

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:05:51 AM

Since they already benefit from investing in gold / silver, therefore they prefer to invest in it. But if they know that investing in bitcoin gets more of their profits, they may move investments.
Indai24

Activity: 448
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 15, 2018, 11:47:12 AM

Since they already benefit from investing in gold / silver, therefore they prefer to invest in it. But if they know that investing in bitcoin gets more of their profits, they may move investments.

The reason why most people specially the old ones prefer to invest gold and silver it is because these don't depreciate, these are one of the trusted investment that has a very strong value compared to others.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: