Bitcoin Forum
May 03, 2024, 12:46:48 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5212 times)
Slavyanskiy

Activity: 462
Merit: 17

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 11:54:09 AM

Older people invest in what they know and understand, cryptocurrency is a new phenomenon for many people.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES I HA(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ TABLES I HATE TABLES I HATE TABLES
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
adolf512

Activity: 532
Merit: 101

View Profile
July 16, 2018, 12:00:48 PM

It is good that some older people have the opportunity to invest their money somewhere. In my country, retirees receive so much small pension that they barely have enough to live to the next. It is obvious that people invest in what they already know for many years (precious metals).

cr7

Activity: 364
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:03:47 AM

Quite a good alternative is gold or platinum. The price is stable and the percentage of precious metals bring though a small profit. I have a friend who has invested in the last century, and has already secured a good life in old age!
vessing

Activity: 378

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:29:02 AM

Undoubtedly, investing in gold and silver is profitable and reliable. Gold and silver are quite a long-term investment. A fairly high commission is set for operations with metals
lelahkenabanned

Activity: 329
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 11:16:46 AM

maybe it's because gold and silver have a lot to know and gold also has a very high demand and the real shape can be owned and stored directly different from the bitcoin that is digital.
Harley29

Activity: 490

View Profile
July 17, 2018, 09:11:37 PM

I think it's related to the risk vs return. Gold "Investment" is an "investment" with very low risk. I use quotes because gold is more of a hedging tool, not an investment tool. They will be more risk-averse as they get older, this is because they cannot recover from the investment losses like when they were young. While when we were young, we tend to be more risk-taking, because we can work harder to recover our losses.
I agree with your stance. Gold and silver have low risks as an investment when compared to other investments and i include Bitcoin in such investments as well. The older generation are not willingly to take risks and are comfortable of making small returns on their investments.
Yup it is not their fault, bitcoin use to change life but our old people are use to with gold and silver, long ago when we were lack of technologies people were using only gold and silver as investing resource so they still got old thinking but now it is time to change their mind by showing them the difference of the earning between gold investment and bitcoin investment I am sure after realizing the difference they will be agree to invest in bitcoin.
roomboy85

Activity: 151
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 12:50:11 AM

Maybe old people dont understand how crypto works out and they still invest into gold and silver and we cannot blame these old people. But I think this metal investment is also profitable and reliable than investing in different kind of crytocurrency.
Gold and silver is also a long term investment and low risk than crytocurrency that is why more old people still want metal as their investment.
Hishad32

Activity: 98
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:17:24 AM

In my personal non-public opinion, older humans would really like to put money into treasured metals like gold and silver due to the fact it's far very precious and it's also a good long term investment. Older people would not apprehend about bitcoin as it is not anymore a part of their trends and they assume bitcoin is not a terrific funding, which isn't always genuine.
Baekhyun

Activity: 105

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 03:24:51 AM

Gold is a valuable item and has a high value, this is a profitable investment until now. There is nothing wrong they prefer gold and silver because it is considered easier and clear.
Many of those who do not understand cryptocurrency and even reject it because it is considered too complicated and young.
nydiacaskey01
Legendary

Activity: 1834
Merit: 1036

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:03:25 AM

Our parents know better in terms of investing. They know that Gold, Silver and other precious metals can be easily liquidated than what millennials prefer to buy nowadays like those expensive smart phones and other gadgets. Not only that Gold and Silver can be easily liquidated, it can also be pawned for those times when you need money but don;t plan to let go of your valuable item. Not every pawnshop accepts gadgets and gadgets appraisal value is very low.
mornabo

Activity: 1148
Merit: 504

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 04:22:33 AM

because in the past gold and silver were a very profitable investment, even now gold and silver are still popular. they are also older peoples who do not know cryptocurrency because it is considered too difficult and not clear, while gold investment is considered very simple because we can see it physically.
Thats right, first because they are blind to technology and they do not know profitable new investment, they know is the old model of investment, that is investing in gold and silver, I know it is profitable, but it takes a big capital and a long time, bitcoin and crypto offer a short-term profitable investment
Alifal

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:17:45 AM

Actually they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time. then they feel more secure about it.so their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.thanks a lot
nayeel

Activity: 112

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:23:14 AM

old people since most of them are not computer literate.These old people's generation is far more different than us where we see cryptocurrency as an effective way of investment.so their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.
galambo

Activity: 966
Merit: 311

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:25:55 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
Precious metals are been used since ancient times for trading and exchanging good. They were the means of payment in the ancient times also they do have some excellent properties which makes them rich as compared to other metals. These metals are in physical state and hence more trustabke than the cryptocurrencies and i guess this is the reason why old peoples prefer investing in precious metals.
ichai

Activity: 445
Merit: 10

Worlds Simplest Cryptocurrency Wallet

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 05:37:13 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
Precious metals are been used since ancient times for trading and exchanging good. They were the means of payment in the ancient times also they do have some excellent properties which makes them rich as compared to other metals. These metals are in physical state and hence more trustabke than the cryptocurrencies and i guess this is the reason why old peoples prefer investing in precious metals.
Older people invest in gold or silver because of what they know better than Bitcoin. In fact gold or silver is always a safe option. It will always be suitable for all their plans in the future. Bitcoin is still in the process of completion and self-assertion, so it is more volatile. Old people are often in their decisions.

▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▃▅▆█ L E A D █▆▅▃▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂▂
World's Simplest and Safest Decentralized Cryptocurrency Wallet!
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ • STORE • SEND • SPEND • SWAP • STAKE • ▬▬▬▬▬▬
Kamote_1102

Activity: 392

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:05:08 AM

I think maybe the older people are not interested in some other investments aside from Gold and Silver. you can't force them because they are already used to it. They don't have the time to study and learn new things. We can't deny the fact that these metals are valuable and they Exists even before we were born in this world. so I think the elders might be investing in something which they think is right.

spongegar

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 07:35:33 AM

I think they got used to it and they are comforted by the fact that it is a resource that is limited and could easily bs k up an economy. It is also a universal monetary vehicle where in you can exchange it directly to cash in a very expensive exchsnge rate. We also view as Gold and Silver as forver precious metals so it holds constant value.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬ |  𝗘𝘁𝗵𝗲𝗿𝗲𝘂𝗺 𝗖𝗹𝗮𝘀𝘀𝗶𝗰 𝗩𝗶𝘀𝗶𝗼𝗻    ▬▬  ▬▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬  ▬
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ Hard fork Ethereum  ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬  11.1.19  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬  ANN  ▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬
▬▬▬▬ All Ethereum holders will receive 3 ETCV ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬  ▬▬▬▬▬▬  Telegram  ▬▬▬▬▬  Twitter  ▬▬▬▬  White Paper  ▬▬▬ ▬▬
fabrizoc

Activity: 386

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 09:50:39 AM

because in the past gold and silver were a very profitable investment, even now gold and silver are still popular. they are also older peoples who do not know cryptocurrency because it is considered too difficult and not clear, while gold investment is considered very simple because we can see it physically.
Yeah you are right, the main thing is that gold is reliable than any other currency and assets. If you have gold you will be mentally relaxed and your future will also be secured. Old people are not interested in crypto because they have passed their lives and they have no interest to take risks for earning more money from digital currency. Due to this fear they think that gold is better than everything.

agimat

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:34:20 PM

I think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.

Not just old people who want to invest in gold and silver, including young people because this kind of asset is very valuable it increase every now and then its value never depreciate always increasing, and yes its real asset.
drm
Legendary

Activity: 1176
Merit: 1005

View Profile
July 18, 2018, 01:47:34 PM

I think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.

Not just old people who want to invest in gold and silver, including young people because this kind of asset is very valuable it increase every now and then its value never depreciate always increasing, and yes its real asset.

Gold and silver have been a constant in everyone's life's, unlike bitcoin which is therefore considered less safe or even deemed unsafe by some.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: