Bitcoin Forum
June 21, 2024, 09:44:09 PM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
SkvorNyc777

Activity: 308
Merit: 10

Swipe!

View Profile
July 21, 2018, 10:19:42 PM

Well, actually the answer is in your question. They're just "older" and they have another mind-system and thoughts on things, that's the main reason I guess.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
strideynet

Activity: 412
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:19:10 AM

the traditional market has always attracted attention, because this is the area that can be measured, felt, tried, unlike crypto-currencies, where everything is virtual
BlackMoon25

Activity: 107
Merit: 0

View Profile WWW
July 22, 2018, 06:25:09 AM

Guarantee profit for long term investment, thats is the main reason. Actually thats is the best way of saving wealth. While fita price is fall because of inflation but gold and silver price are tend to increase. No big risk in it if they know how to save it. Need at least two years to earn profit in gold and silver investment.

The other reason: gold/silver being accepted as a global asset, every country, every government want it. If your country has a stupid government which ruins the economy, the national currency becomes trash (like Venezuela, Zimbabwe), gold/silver will save your life.
demonz666

Activity: 493
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:35:49 AM

they choose gold and silver because both have very little risk of loss. and gold has proved to its excellence since ancient times until now it becomes a good investment choice because its value always tends to rise every year. and a very safe gold investment is not worried about being hacked or lost. and they chose gold because it is simple not to use sophisticated technology and gadgets. they only need to buy at the time of down and save it.

suvo05

Activity: 1162
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 06:39:46 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

what would happen if they have digital assets and they passed away without informing the private key to their relatives?
It is rather safe for them to invest in those precious metal and save it for the next generation.

katak mercat

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:52:25 AM

gold investment is very fun, besides beautiful, gold also has a high value and stagnant, we will not lose our money if we invest gold, even that will give us the advantage if held him for a long time.
btcrut2017

Activity: 406
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:22:32 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

People live precious metals because they can see it and touches it. This will become part if there material possessions. It is also very saleable in times of need because the items is available.
Xanxus024

Activity: 434
Merit: 104

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 08:41:09 AM

Because they know the cycle of it, they much comfortable doing this kind of thing and its for their generation also, But the good thing is we can gain profit in every investment if we have a proper knowledge.
Marlo0619

Activity: 196
Merit: 6

🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:27:04 AM

Older people like to invest in gold or silver becauae that is one of the only things that they know of becoming rich. They don't know how the internet works. They don't know what the internet can do to our life and to the world. I know some of them know how to use internet but most of them don't. As we all know, old people grew up without technology. They don't have the internet so that is why in the present day, they don't trust the internet. But the thing is, they should know how to use bitcoin.

[www.athero.io]  ❒  ATHERO  ❒  Internet 3.0 solution
▀▀█▄▄   A revolutionary decentralized digital economy   ▄▄█▀▀
Wayan_Pedjeng

Activity: 913
Merit: 252

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 09:39:33 AM

Older people in most cases are interested in low-risk assets. Not just bullion metals such as gold and silver, but also other low-risk assets such as the United States treasury bonds are also favored by them.
Moiyah

Activity: 630
Merit: 20

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 01:56:48 PM

First, older people are usually the "old fashioned" type of people who do not want to welcome other type of investments thus sticking on their previous beliefs that gold and silver is one of the best investments rather than cryptocurrency.
South Park

Activity: 2926
Merit: 798

I am terrible at Fantasy Football!!!

View Profile
July 22, 2018, 07:22:00 PM

Older people like to invest in gold or silver becauae that is one of the only things that they know of becoming rich. They don't know how the internet works. They don't know what the internet can do to our life and to the world. I know some of them know how to use internet but most of them don't. As we all know, old people grew up without technology. They don't have the internet so that is why in the present day, they don't trust the internet. But the thing is, they should know how to use bitcoin.
Most of the people that invest in gold do not do it because they want to become rich they do it to protect themselves from inflation, in fact in the past it was recommended that you put 10% of your investment portfolio and pray that it does not work because if it does then it means that the rest of your portfolio is going down and probably the rest of the economy as well.
rimueng agam

Activity: 322
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 06:42:47 AM

Many of those who are more fond of investing in gold and silver may be because they are better understood by both and again the change in gold and silver prices is more relative than investing in digital currencies or other digital assets
d0flaming0

Activity: 402

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:12:38 AM

Most of the people that invest in gold do not do it because they want to become rich they do it to protect themselves from inflation, in fact in the past it was recommended that you put 10% of your investment portfolio and pray that it does not work because if it does then it means that the rest of your portfolio is going down and probably the rest of the economy as well.
i guess you have a point, well because as i had asked someone before too, he said that he prefers to invest into solid investments just like gold and silver, and aside from that he prefers to invest in something that is less volatile than what crypto is right now, i am also confused why he chose that, but it is his own perception and strategy, we cannot blame him.
patarfweefwee

Activity: 420
Merit: 14

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:16:13 AM

Old people are very much stick in their ways and doesn't want to accept any change in their almost ending lives. The thing about investing in gold and other precious metals are as old as time itself. It is the basis of economics as a whole and is usually used as thw backin of currencies around the world.

Lydiaglo

Activity: 75

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:40:35 AM

I think it has been the best way to save and hodl the value of their money through lifetime. Also, it is a traditional habit as well. For example, my grandparents use all their saving money buy Gold and when they passed away, they splited their gold into different parts and gave those to their children.
It was good but in past when bitcoin and other crypto currencies were not introduced, but now I think that bitcoin investment is too much good and profitable than gold and silver, in fact we can see a very slight change in bitcoin price after years, while investment in bitcoin or other crypto currencies can give a good profit I few days.
sensimilia

Activity: 702
Merit: 251

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:54:58 AM

My father always told me that you need to have some gold in order if the economy fails, because gold will be always valuable and it would be the last source of investment when everything will be destroyed.

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄         ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄        ▄▄▄                 ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
█████████████         █████████████       █████            ▄██████████████████████▄▄
█████████████         █████████████     ▄███████▄       ▄███████████████████████████▄
█████████████         █████████████   ▄███████████▄    ▄████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████
█████████████         █████████████ ▄█████▀  ▀█████▄  ▄███████████▀        ▀██████████▄
████████████▀         █████████████ █████▀     ██████▄████████████▄         ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
████████████          █████████████ ████        ████████████████████▄▄▄▄▄
████████████          ████████████████▀    ▄     ████▀████████████████████████▄▄▄
████████████▄       ▄█████████████▄██▀    ▄█▄     ▀███ ████████████████████████████▄
 █████████████▄▄▄▄▄█████████████████     ▄███▄     ▀███ ▀████████████████████████████
  ▀████████████████████████████▄███     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀     ▀█████▄▄▀▀▀▀█████████████████████▄
    ▀████████████████████████▄███▀                   ▀████████▄       ▀▀██████████████
        ▀▀██████████████▀▀▄▄██████     ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄     ▄█████████          ████████████▀
          ██████████████ ██████████▄▄▄████████████▄▄▄█████████████        ████████████
          ██████████████ ▀█████████████████████████████████████▀████▄▄▄█████████████▀
          ██████████████   ▀█████████████████████████████████▀ ███████████████████▀
          ██████████████     ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀████████████▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀ █████████████████▀▀▀
          ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀             ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀              ▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

.bet
   $200   
 BONUS 
    100% BONUS FOR 
 EVERY DEPOSIT 
[]
babaya

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:07:07 PM

My father always told me that you need to have some gold in order if the economy fails, because gold will be always valuable and it would be the last source of investment when everything will be destroyed.
old man always said that.they assume that gold is resistant to inflation.so much people said like that.but in fact we see that gold price is volatile too, it become not interesting again since much speculator play it in commodity market.
Btcmicel

Activity: 177

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:23:32 PM

old man always said that.they assume that gold is resistant to inflation.so much people said like that.but in fact we see that gold price is volatile too, it become not interesting again since much speculator play it in commodity market.

Because gold/silver is the oldest valuable higher value in our market. It is proven and tested in a years come and it is nice to see in a forms of jewelry.
reyanshbasu

Activity: 115

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 12:56:04 PM

I think old people more familliar of metal investment than investing in cryptocurrency. They fell that they cant earn profit  in crypto or maybe they dont know how to work in crypto. Old people always believe in old system the generation where they are born but we cant blame this people on where they find there source of income.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: