Bitcoin Forum
June 25, 2024, 02:37:46 AM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
lubah

Activity: 360
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:09:29 PM

Yes, I also observed such a pattern in my relatives who believe only in metal, but in no case in paper money, not to mention cryptocurrency. My parents also do not understand what this blockchain is and how to work with it. And in General, in General, what is a crypto coin. ))) They are used to old concepts and ways to save money.
TheClownSong

Activity: 1428
Merit: 251

solidtradebank.com | 5%-15% Welcome Bonus

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 01:57:04 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Gold is known as good investment for centuries and its hard to change that perspective. For old generation, gold is safest investment and easy to liquidate when need emergency fund because every one accepting precious metal.

Qi.Blockchain|The only blockchain the
world will ever need
|Eco-friendly
Decentralized
Secure, Fast
|
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
|
Edraket31

Activity: 1190
Merit: 511

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 05:56:16 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Gold is known as good investment for centuries and its hard to change that perspective. For old generation, gold is safest investment and easy to liquidate when need emergency fund because every one accepting precious metal.
Just like us, they believe in Gold and they have been in investing gold for several years that is why they trust gold a lot and will prefer gold over crypto since they are already comfortable with it and they already know the advantage of it, so we cannot blame them for their decision and it is fine.

Cling18

Activity: 1708
Merit: 126

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:51:21 PM

Old people are not aware or don't have enough knowledge about the advanced technology that's why they also don't know the use of digital money. They choose to invest in gold and silver because it is a well known investment for decades already. They would choose to invest in a tested one.
newuser20

Activity: 244

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 07:57:10 PM

I think that older people do not want to face greater risks and worries because the time of big nerves has passed  Grin
odolvlobo
Legendary

Activity: 4354
Merit: 3274

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:33:37 PM

Old people are not aware or don't have enough knowledge about the advanced technology that's why they also don't know the use of digital money. They choose to invest in gold and silver because it is a well known investment for decades already. They would choose to invest in a tested one.

I think that older people do not want to face greater risks and worries because the time of big nerves has passed  Grin

My impression is that the people that hold these opinions lack knowledge, wisdom and experience. Old people invest (or don't invest) in gold and silver for the same reasons that young people invest (or don't invest) in gold and silver.

In the U.S., you don't find many people (both young and old) investing in gold and silver because they are simply not aware of it. I once brought some gold coins in to my work to show everyone, and most people had never held or even seen gold coins before, regardless of their ages.

In the U.S., gold coins were removed from circulation in 1933 and it was illegal to own gold bullion until 1975. The tradition of owning and using gold was destroyed in the U.S.

Because investing in gold and silver is not common, it is considered an alternative or unusual investments. Young people just getting into investing are not aware of gold and silver as an investment until they become more experienced (and thus older). If older people are more likely to invest in gold and silver, that is the reason.

Join an anti-signature campaign: Click ignore on the members of signature campaigns.
PGP Fingerprint: 6B6BC26599EC24EF7E29A405EAF050539D0B2925 Signing address: 13GAVJo8YaAuenj6keiEykwxWUZ7jMoSLt
rommelo24
Copper Member

Activity: 364
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 08:48:58 PM

First, older people are usually the "old fashioned" type of people who do not want to welcome other type of investments thus sticking on their previous beliefs that gold and silver is one of the best investments rather than cryptocurrency.

Yes it is true. People wants to hold gold and silver because this is the most precious metals of all time. When you have this in position you are rich. Also this can be very saleable because it is very known worldwide.
tambok

Activity: 812
Merit: 260

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 10:15:51 PM

The experience of older people is different from ours, they are more knowledgeable about investment instruments such as Gold and Silver and therefore they first prefer to invest in gold and silver.
That is right, they are comfortable with it so there is no reason for them to join crypto world unless they are explorer or risk taker as well, as per me I would also like to invest in gold and silver if I have enough money to do so but as per today I am into crypto, I would love to be an expert here before trying other things.
airdrophunter

Activity: 434

The Exchange for EOS Community

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:20:49 PM

I think it's the tradition that they been at until today. As we know, oldies don't have much time spending on technologies especially the technical side of cryptocurrencies. With gold and silver, they can always have them anytime with no hassle and worry free from having its value declined.

|   EOS Exchange   |▌       The Exchange for the EOS Community!       |   EOSex   |
                          ICO: 15th October to 20th November  |  Free EXP Tokens: Join Bounty!                          
Whitepaper                 ANN Thread                 Telegram                 Twitter                 Mobile
Fantastic33

Activity: 308
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 23, 2018, 11:31:07 PM

Older people prefer to invest in gold or silver because its a good asset. They consider these as a type of long term investment which can give them a big profit in the future. Besides, gold is much easy to sell and is universally accepted as a form of payment or exchange to cash.
hilawnasaging

Activity: 98

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:00:51 AM

The physical money we are using are changing, even the value. Unlike gold and silver, it doesn't. Just imagine bidding your gold necklace to the public, it can worth a hundreds, a thousand, and even a million. Blood and sweat are shed before you get a precious gold and silver. That is why some countries prefer investing their finances to gold instead of physical money.
Coleth

Activity: 210

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:49:15 AM

They do because it is a big asset if you have them, since the value is high and it will not just drops like how volatile the digital currencies are listed in the coin ca  market. Those people who are constantly investing are old ones who knows how to value their money.
Aleth

Activity: 196

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 02:55:33 AM

Older people belong to it, they value the preciousness of it and a price which is not just easily deppreciate. Older people are those who have plenty of accessories with gold and silver because for them these are their assets their richness.
Ericgreen

Activity: 92
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 05:13:13 AM

I think older people are calmer when they can hold their investment in their hands and put it under a pillow. They are so calmer.
Older people should realize now that the modernism is spreading very rapidly and most of high profits are here in the technological sources. Now they have to come out from the traditional zone and should enter into the modernism which will affect their lives greatly in better direction because it is easy way and does not require your hard work but your knowledge and decision.
You are right in the old age they have no desire for earning more money and they want to keep their savings in front of their eyes. Crypto investment in very risky and in the old age I think it is not good to take risks for earning money. It is too good to have your savings in your hands. I am not in favor of investment money in cryptocurrency in old ages.
yndye

Activity: 616
Merit: 262

View Profile WWW
July 24, 2018, 05:38:18 AM

The older generations wanted something that already has stable value and cryptocurrencies are not one of them. I have also observed that most of the bashers of cryptocurrencies are oldies because they just cannot accept the fact that cryptocurrencies have value and a possibility of being very valuable in the future. They just want to stick in stock market which has been existing for decades and they already observed its movements. The younger generations are more aggressive when it comes to investing and the older generations are more conservative.

▄▄▄████████▄▄▄
▄▄██████████████████▄▄
▄████████████████████████▄
▄███████████▀▀███████████████▄
██████████▀▀ ▄▄█▀  █████████████
███████████▄▄█▀  ▄███▀   █████████
█████████████  ▄███▀      ██████████
▄████████████████▀        ███████████▄
██████████████▀          ▄████████████
███████████▀             █████████████
████████▀               ██████████████
████████▄              ███  ██████████
▀██████████████        ██  █▀ ███████▀
███████████████      ██▀ ▄█ ▄███████
██████████████     ███  █  ███████
██████████████   ▄██  █▀ ███████
▀████████████▄ ▄█████████████▀
▀████████████████████████▀
▀▀██████████████████▀▀
▀▀▀████████▀▀▀

▄████████████████████▄
████████      ████████
██████████████████████
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██                  ██
██████████▀▀██████████
████████▀    ▀████████
████████▄    ▄████████
▀█████████▄▄█████████▀
  Download on the
App Store

GET IT ON
Google Play
  ●  FACEBOOK
●  TWITTER
●  TELEGRAM
roomboy85

Activity: 151

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:07:33 AM

As you know these metals are depleting asset. It means that these metals are in limited supply making its value increases as its supply gets shorter. And it's been tried and tested for many years that the value of these metals is increasing. I guess that is the reason why people keep on buying these metals. Because they believe that one day it will value more than the price they've bought it.
charlemagne_15

Activity: 357

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:19:57 AM

Since the generation is differs from them, they tend to still believe in the precious things that their generation have such as gold. silver, and other metals. Older people are old school so they likely stick to what they were comfortable like investing in metals because they think that it is up to this time is in demand or have such a great value though sometimes it is. Investing in a new investment like bitcoin is hard for them due to they doubt it and not that knowledgable to the systrm of it.

PTON PRE-SALE Live    █████████████     FORESTING     █████████████  PARTICIPATE NOW!
█████ next-generation social media service based on blockchain technology   ██████
 █ ██ █  ● Twitter ● Facebook ● Youtube ● Telegram [EN] ● Telegram [KOR] ● Medium  █ ██ █ 
realcrypto

Activity: 476

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 06:58:01 AM

Most people will say older people stick to investing in gold and silver because of low risk rate but I don't see it in that perspective because cryptocurrency and precious metals share the same level of risk. The precious stones can be stolen anytime and anywhere. They don't invest in cryptocurrency because of ignorance and refusal to embrace new ideology, Ideas and technology.

S A N T A   C O I N     |     HYPER DEFLATIONARY COIN WITH REFLECTIONS IN BUSD
|     T W I T T E R     |     T E L E G R A M     |     M E D I U M     |
████  ███████████████  ██  █   BUY SANTA   █  ██  ███████████████  ████
Kusnechik

Activity: 420
Merit: 11

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 07:00:40 AM

Investing in silver and gold is a matter of habit. Old people are very difficult to perceive new information, crypto-currencies for them a dark forest.

▀▀▀▀▀▀     │      SWIPE      │      Monetizing Mobile Engagement Data     ▀▀▀▀▀▀
▄▄▄▄▄▄       Whitepaper     Telegram     Twitter     Reddit       ▄▄▄▄▄▄
ganlianshifu1

Activity: 392
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 24, 2018, 08:16:13 AM

Gold is recognized as the universal currency in the world. The world's universal currency, banks, pawn shops, and individuals are willing to acquire and can be realized at any time.
There are safe-haven factors in gold. When there are uncontrollable factors such as wars and disasters, gold can protect your assets!
The gold standard of gold is unshakable in the minds of the elderly!
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: