Bitcoin Forum
May 07, 2024, 09:08:51 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5213 times)
meerkatoken
Copper Member

Activity: 42
Merit: 2

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:32:00 PM

Actually the answer lies in the mid 40's. During and after the war recession declined FIAT prices in most countries. In those time precious metals, paintings, and other physical stuff were the only stores of value. Thats why there are so many stories about nazi's gathering all these from invaded nations.

Old people (in their 60's +) remember these days at least by hearing from their parents who were directly involved and might have suffered losses personally.
Unlike traditional banking where clients have only a few account numbers, with Bitcoin people can create an unlimited number of accounts (addresses). This can be used to easily track payments, and it improves anonymity.
Advertised sites are not endorsed by the Bitcoin Forum. They may be unsafe, untrustworthy, or illegal in your jurisdiction.

View Profile Personal Message (Offline)

Ignore
Reply with quote  #2

Report to moderator
alimatmo2019

Activity: 295
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 09:48:00 PM

Because of their experience, the experience in lives goes a long ways, they have invested while resulted in profit and viz-versa that result in loss, so investing in Gold is far much advantageous for the future.
realr0ach

Activity: 924
Merit: 311

#TheGoyimKnow

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:00:28 PM

Hilarious wording for the topic.  The real topic should be:

Why are young people gullible and stupid and make believe it's possible to create a decentralized digital currency when it's not:

It's not possible to create a decentralized digital currency.  The transaction validators are always designed to centralize through interest, economy of scale, the bell curve's effect on integrated circuit creation, foundry startup costs, etc. The fact such a large amount of people actually claim bitcoin is "decentralized" who should obviously know better, only shows the willingness of humanity to lie in order to try and profit off the lie.  So, yes, after all the lies eventually collapse like all lies do, silver and gold will be the only thing left standing.
jak3
Legendary

Activity: 1274
Merit: 1004

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:25:40 PM

All have heard is they are much more secure than anything in the world. Old people really like investing in gold and silver than even on the banks. they will put all of the money in Gold if possible. Old peoples have a lot of experience with their is true because everybody knows that Gold Silver is the long-term investment and they are always the secure investment out there. But taking a bit of risk can be much more profitable because saving your Gold for 10 years is equivalent to taking rest for 1 year.
Joygalzz1

Activity: 170

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:30:21 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Our level of information per time inform our decision as regards the choice of investment to take per time. I won't blame the Older generations as in their days they bonly know of gold and these precious metals and it was worth the while for them. Even in our generation, so many still invest in golds and precious metals. We are only opportuned to know about securities and utility and we go for it.
It is all about information and exposure.
Viranz

Activity: 133

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:31:43 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?

Maybe because they already know how to make a profit in gold or silver so they are still investing in it. If they know of bitcoin they will probably move over.
thomas_goal

Activity: 18
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:32:25 PM

There's also a psychological comfort in seeing the store of value in the palm of your hand. Have you ever owned a 1 ounce 99.99% pure gold coin? Holding it in your hand and marveling at the glitter is something else. Then exchanging it for a (not huge, but reasonable) profit later on to buy something valuable is also satisfying.

In difficult times you can buy stocks in companies that thrive, but for some this can be too challenging psychologically... If the whole market is crashing, why put money back into it? Even if it's on a side that supposedly profits? And this whole bitcoin thing, where does the money go? Thin air?!
Axelseseclevz

Activity: 313
Merit: 1

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 10:32:50 PM

Because they are more familiar in gold/silver than the new technology of bitcoin or cryptocurrency. They saw and touch the gold but they can't even see the bitcoin because it is just a digital currency. They don't want also to engage in a very risky investment because of their age that's why they prefer to invest in gold/silver rather than in bitcoin.

MEXC Português  |  Trade Anywhere with the MEXC App
█▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄      MEXC.com      ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄█
goaldigger

Activity: 2352
Merit: 356

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:06:48 PM

Because definitely, older people doesnt have much capability to adopt other investments rather than the one they are used to be. The system itself are so confusing they choose their old method.

███████████████████████
████████████████████
██████████████████
████████████████████
███▀▀▀█████████████████
███▄▄▄█████████████████
██████████████████████
██████████████████████
███████████████████████
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████
████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████▀▀██▀██▀▀█████████
█████████████▄█████████████
███████████████████████
████████████████████████
████████████▄█▄█████████
████████▀▀███████████
██████████████████
▀███████████████████▀
▀███████████████▀
█████████████████████████
O F F I C I A L   P A R T N E R S
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
ASTON VILLA FC
BURNLEY FC
BK8?█▀▀▀

█▄▄▄
PLAY NOW
▀▀▀█

▄▄▄█
roxbit

Activity: 294
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:26:19 PM

This seems obvious for me because the older people are just afraid of everything new and fresh. This is true about any country and any nation in the world. Elders are just elders and so they are always unconfident in something new.
Most of old people are not aware about the blockchain technology and maybe because this are the technology of new generations, so they prefer to invest of what they have used to invest like in silver and gold, that is what I always hear from my mother that gold investment is very good for future and for emergency purpose, but for me crypto investment is better than gold because it always give good opportunity to be profitable.

Yeah old people have no idean of technology so they would prefer the old investment style which is gold and silver because it is not as risky as crypto. Cryptocurrency for them is new and not easy to do and very technical that needs to be learned and understood but they have no time because they are also busy doing their old things that they are used to do. But gold and silver basically is a good investment and more stable also less profitable.
Sarastiche

Activity: 532
Merit: 10

BITCOIN IS THE CURRENCY OF THE GLOBE

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:31:17 PM

Gold/Silver is a  major important/valuable natural material that has been proven over the years to be a valuable form of asset, it does not require any for of technicality in order to invest and the profit margin is a;ways on the increase.
yourialfa

Activity: 339
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:31:27 PM

Why do older people love investing in gold and silver? maybe they have their own understanding of gold or silver. They are more confident in a real-life investment and can be hand-held in my opinion. Because they have the thoughts and reasons behind them. So let us not ask why they like it. Everyone has a different view of it.
DPrillio

Activity: 693
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 28, 2018, 11:59:46 PM
Last edit: July 29, 2018, 12:18:22 AM by DPrillio

Why do older people love investing in gold and silver? maybe they have their own understanding of gold or silver. They are more confident in a real-life investment and can be hand-held in my opinion. Because they have the thoughts and reasons behind them. So let us not ask why they like it. Everyone has a different view of it.
Yes, it all depends on people's understanding on how they see their future amd older people will often favor for gold and silver because that is what they used to be and the new generation will use crypto currency because the new generation are exposed to digital currency.

Sled

Activity: 1680
Merit: 535

Bitcoin- in bullish time

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 01:25:03 AM

Yes, it all depends on people's understanding on how they see their future amd older people will often favor for gold and silver because that is what they used to be and the new generation will use crypto currency because the new generation are exposed to digital currency.
It really depends on the generation and the generation of people now are more into cryptocurrency compare to the traditional type of investment because just like what you said, the older generation preferred to invest in gold and silver because they feel secure and they don't have that high risk preference so that is the reason why they are so skeptical to bitcoin.
wolfdragon

Activity: 66

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:49:05 AM

It really depends on the generation and the generation of people now are more into cryptocurrency compare to the traditional type of investment because just like what you said, the older generation preferred to invest in gold and silver because they feel secure and they don't have that high risk preference so that is the reason why they are so skeptical to bitcoin.

Yes, because older people believe in the potential of silver and gold continues to rise and in their previous years they don't know about bitcoin and some are not well oriented about it.
ugr_erkn92

Activity: 630
Merit: 250

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 02:57:41 AM

The experience of older people is different from ours, they are more knowledgeable about investment instruments such as Gold and Silver and therefore they first prefer to invest in gold and silver.
That is right, they are comfortable with it so there is no reason for them to join crypto world unless they are explorer or risk taker as well, as per me I would also like to invest in gold and silver if I have enough money to do so but as per today I am into crypto, I would love to be an expert here before trying other things.

So yes, most older people choose to live a peaceful life, calmly. The world of bitcoin and crypto market is a strange and wild environment for them.
BigBos

Activity: 1876
Merit: 447

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:01:25 AM

I think it's because gold and silver have been very useful ever since. even before there is money, they may use gold and silver. well, gold and silver have so many functions, that they keep their prices up each year, and become an excellent investment tool.
engrlodi

Activity: 308
Merit: 18

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:04:07 AM

I think gold or silver values does not go down in the market and they become useful in the other people. In every year the value of the gold or silver are increasing more and it is the best investment. It always in the generation where you are and want risk you want to risk in your life. I think there is so many investment, it always depends on you where you want to invest with.

Andrea23

Activity: 34

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 03:23:16 AM

Easier for us (younger generation) to recuperate from a loss. The gold/silver market isn't as volatile as say crypto. I can understand why older people would rather not invest in a risky business. If they are retired then they don't have a stable income which is why gold/silver is a more desireable market to invest on. Also, there is the fact of knowledge. You gotta spend a lot of time learning about crypto before you can just indulge in it.
Dianafangki

Activity: 207

View Profile
July 29, 2018, 05:15:40 AM

the main factor because they have values that tend to be more stable than volality stocks, this is applied by people who do not want to always get involved with speculation that requires analysis to make quick decisions every day, the comfort factor makes them able to focus on other businesses and make gold as an asset most secure against any condition.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 [20] 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: