Bitcoin Forum
June 15, 2024, 09:20:56 AM *
News: Voting for pizza day contest

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5219 times)
shekinahmarie13

Activity: 56
Merit: 0

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 08:50:15 AM

Older generations aren't aware of technology before so they chose to invest in gold and silver. They defined bitcoin as a fad, a bubble, or a niche investment vehicle for geeks. They don’t always understand the value of the underlying blockchain technology, nor do they understand the importance of having a cheap way to transfer money worldwide
yitzjoe

Activity: 390
Merit: 11

View Profile WWW
July 30, 2018, 09:05:47 AM

gold investment is fairly safe because in our country gold has been certified so the level of security is good, gold is also profitable because possessing an increase of more than 16% price per year, gold is also low risk because we simply save it without paying other costs unlike banks where our investment still subject to interest fees, administration fees and more
coinscircle

Activity: 202
Merit: 10

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 09:59:31 AM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
It is simply because older people often believe in what they have experienced and seen, believe in what is sustainable and of real value and stability, so older people often invest. into gold or silver. The bitcoin concept is far too advanced for them, as there are very few countries in the world that recognize bitcoin and allow bitcoin trading.
thefatman82

Activity: 166

View Profile
July 30, 2018, 12:01:00 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Older people are always love to stick with the things then they are used to stick with before, they are liking to use the things that they are familiar with and not to study any new things around. Simple.
marsmyname

Activity: 332
Merit: 12

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:06:29 AM

I think it has been the best way to save and hodl the value of their money through lifetime. Also, it is a traditional habit as well. For example, my grandparents use all their saving money buy Gold and when they passed away, they splited their gold into different parts and gave those to their children.
It was good but in past when bitcoin and other crypto currencies were not introduced, but now I think that bitcoin investment is too much good and profitable than gold and silver, in fact we can see a very slight change in bitcoin price after years, while investment in bitcoin or other crypto currencies can give a good profit I few days.
Not only old people but all those who aren’t much exposed to this new technological world. You are required to give them solid reasons and evidences that can compel them to believe in bitcoin. Things aren’t that much easy when it comes the case of old people. They are already distant from the modern technology so this virtual thing is a blast for them. It is really hard for them to believe this imaginary thing.

meldrio1

Activity: 1358
Merit: 100

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 06:52:38 AM

Maybe they already know that this gold and silver will increase the price in the future they just stick the old way in making money.

crypto success

Activity: 35

View Profile
July 31, 2018, 12:12:36 PM

Such is the philosophy of life at old age one tends to forget the present and only remembers the past but at youth one remembers the present and quickly forget the past base on this it is not a surprise that the aged keeps on investing on the Gold/Silver they are already familiar with.
legenduim

Activity: 588
Merit: 101

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 07:18:19 AM

Perhaps older people believe that investing in gold or silver is very promising for the long term. Because gold prices will continue to increase over time. So we do not have to think about that. Gold also has a real form. And this may be the reason of the elderly.

That's right, man, however, I do not think that only aged people love to deal with gold and metal. I know many younger guys that invest in these metals.
trako

Activity: 756
Merit: 505

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:10:21 AM

because gold and silver have proved themselves. For thousands of years, he has been holding gold. and still valuable. because there are not many gold mines in the world.
also safe and easy.
No information is needed to invest in gold. you pay and get paid. but the cryptography markets require information to be analyzed. Everyone can not do it. so it is much easier to invest on gold or real estate.
megatrix

Activity: 217
Merit: 22

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 11:32:27 AM

I think the older generations are into precious metals like silver and gold because for them it is more profitable plus the fact that it is tangible so for them it is a real asset. the value of these metals doesn't depreciates in time and it has other purpose like for jewelry and collections. So it might be that for them investing in these things has smaller risks.

● sgamepro ●   ❐ Telegram ❐   ❐ Whitepaper ❐     ● sgamepro ●
███   PLAY MOBILE GAMES MINE   ███
████ █     CRYPTO-TOKENS EARN REAL MONEY █ ████
icreative998

Activity: 79

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:03:17 PM

I think older people often invest in gold because it is valuable and beautiful. In my country, they usually buy gold to save and when they need, they can sell it easily. I think, people ( the older generation) think it is safe and they do not have to worry about the value is down. Because you can sell it anywhere and anytime
Vritesh

Activity: 238
Merit: 100

View Profile
August 01, 2018, 04:56:40 PM

Old people like investing in gold/silver because it is fully safe. Bitcoin's values keep on falling or rising and there is quite a big risk in investing in bitcoin. Old people do not prefer to take risk so they don't invest anywhere else and prefer investment in gold/silver the most due to full security and no risks.

◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕    ██  Twitter  ██      ██  Telegram  ██  ◕  INGOTCOIN  ◕
█████ BRIDGING MARKETS █████
AN ALL INCLUSIVE ECOSYSTEM
giarised

Activity: 357
Merit: 102

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:40:44 AM

You know the old people always have a lot of skepticism about modern things and facilities. They are not usually willing to try new things, they are most times comfortable with only what they are already used to. I think that is why they continued to chose gold and silver and not willing to even try Cryptos.
They are actually not much interested in any current technology aspect. They often try to be manual people who don’t want automation in their lives. They had a life of no technology then how can they become so easy with such ease and comfort that this digitalization is giving. Plus, being virtual makes the game more complex and these old men don’t just even ready to believe in this coin.
ucingucingan

Activity: 322

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:19:03 AM

because they do not understand how to use investment technology in crypto currencies, so they prefer to invest in gold / silver because they better understand investing in commodities
burakdat

Activity: 252
Merit: 2

"I invest and Doing Bounty Campaign"

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:23:57 AM

I think it's related to the risk vs return. Gold "Investment" is an "investment" with very low risk. I use quotes because gold is more of a hedging tool, not an investment tool. They will be more risk-averse as they get older, this is because they cannot recover from the investment losses like when they were young. While when we were young, we tend to be more risk-taking, because we can work harder to recover our losses.
It could be a factor but in my own humble opinion is that those people who are used and learn on their way with their old ways will remain on the way how the learn and earn. That is why even if the cryptocurrency system has good features they still learn on what they want to learn and that is in the form of old ways.

JUR Alliance   |   https://jur.io/   |   Join the Legal Revolution!
Justice as a Service Infrastructure
visionE2

Activity: 616
Merit: 118

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 07:45:03 AM

i think it because the older people believe that gold is the asset which the value can grow up anymore and for getting a gold there are so much stage from mining
DaughterOFbitcoin

Activity: 91
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:00:34 AM

Because they are confident that such investments are more reliable. Because gold and silver always have a price.
Most of the aged people are not very well aware of this advancement in technology and that they still think of gold and silver to be only profitable way of investing of their money. They are not aware of any of the crypto currency and that the ones who know something about these crypto currencies is not ready to accept them and that they still are thinking like the way they used to some years ago.
muhsyakir

Activity: 120

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:24:57 AM

because they think it's safer to invest in gold / silver ...
older people do not advance their minds, investment in the world of crypto is very unfavorable, because the world of crypto is a new investment and is not promising ...
maybe that's why older people do not invest in crypto ...
wengweng01

Activity: 9

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:48:25 AM

because they can pawn it if they don't have money tto pay something

and besides they can use it as well
mcabrito

Activity: 144

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:58:25 AM

because they can pawn it if they don't have money tto pay something

and besides they can use it as well

Yeah you are right, old people prefer to invest in gold because of its value and as time passes by gold price increases also old people maybe don't have time to study cryptocurrencies.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: