Bitcoin Forum
May 27, 2024, 11:15:45 PM *
News: Latest Bitcoin Core release: 27.0 [Torrent]

Home   Help Search Login Register More  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  
Author Topic: Why do older people like investing in Gold/Silver?  (Read 5215 times)
gudrun

Activity: 252
Merit: 10

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:04:27 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Does anyone here know the reason behind people loving precious metals?
That's exactly the decision. Investing in gold is always profitable, and I see big nations around the world speculating and hoarding gold. People of all ages learning the way of investing in big countries, gold always gives us safety
bosimpson54

Activity: 271

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:24:51 PM

Why do older people love investing in gold and silver? maybe they have their own understanding of gold or silver. They are more confident in a real-life investment and can be hand-held in my opinion. Because they have the thoughts and reasons behind them. So let us not ask why they like it. Everyone has a different view of it.

Yes, because older people believe in the potential of silver and gold continues to rise and in their previous years they don't know about bitcoin and some are not well oriented about it.
Absolutely not!

They just want to invest in something that is safe, they have to hear bitcoin but in their thinking bitcoin is an investment that is considered more risky than gold investment.

In my opinion gold or bitcoin will bring us long-term profit but bitcoin will give us profit faster than gold
tonyvo2017

Activity: 526

Lifestyle & Wellness Platform

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:38:27 PM

I'm not one who would invest in precious metals, but I have noticed that a good amount of the older generations are pretty keen in investing in these metals. They see it as a way to bet against the market, and a security that will always be safe -- even in the times of a market downturn/country failure as a whole.

I personally wouldn't even want to buy these metals in those events, as I don't see the reason to. I'd rather invest in securities that go up when the market shits itself (Payroll lending companies and so on and so forth)

Old people prefer to invest in gold, silver because it is a safe option. Throughout history, gold has retained its value in any circumstance. Maybe they want to preserve their wealth for the future of their family rather than risking investments like bitcoin. Bitcoin still needs a lot of time and money to become stable.

Indamuck

Activity: 1120
Merit: 554

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 12:44:22 PM

Most older people don't really understand bitcoin and cryptocurrency.  They feel more safe having their money in a tradtional bank instead of having to secure their own btc wallets.  I'm heavily into crypto but I still think keeping part of your funds in gold is a solid investment.  It never hurts to diversify your holdings.
electronicash
Legendary

Activity: 3094
Merit: 1052

Eloncoin.org - Mars, here we come!

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 12:49:05 PM

i personally knew old folks who do buy gold and properties as investment, this i think because they only knew gold and properties to be the best investment. an old fashion that goes walking in the streets that looks like they just robbed a pawnshop. i keep encountering these kind of folks that even when we talk of buying a piece of land, they were very much agreeing its a good choice but will also advice me to pick the ones where i can farm.

▄▄████████▄▄
▄▄████████████████▄▄
▄██
████████████████████▄
▄███
██████████████████████▄
▄████
███████████████████████▄
███████████████████████▄
█████████████████▄███████
████████████████▄███████▀
██████████▄▄███▄██████▀
████████▄████▄█████▀▀
██████▄██████████▀
███▄▄█████
███████▄
██▄██████████████
░▄██████████████▀
▄█████████████▀
████████████
███████████▀
███████▀▀
▄▄███████▄▄
▄███████████████▄
▄███████████████████▄
▄██████████
███████████
▄███████████████████████▄
█████████████████████████
▀█
██████████████████████▀
▀██
███████████████████▀
▀███████████████████▀
▀█████████
██████▀
▀▀███████▀▀
 ElonCoin.org 
████████▄▄███████▄▄
███████▄████████████▌
██████▐██▀███████▀▀██
███████████████████▐█▌
████▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄██▄▄▄▄▄
███▐███▀▄█▄█▀▀█▄█▄▀
███████████████████
█████████████▄████
█████████▀░▄▄▄▄▄
███████▄█▄░▀█▄▄░▀
███▄██▄▀███▄█████▄▀
▄██████▄▀███████▀
████████▄▀████▀
█████▄▄
"I could either watch it
happen or be a part of it"
▬▬▬▬▬
Tatzky

Activity: 162
Merit: 1

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 01:10:10 PM

Its like what you say, today we are improving and moving toward technology and digital way young people do thing most with the internet since it's the trend but as for old folk they were used to old thing like their investment is on metals plus gold, and there is nothing wrong with it since they are get use to it as young people get use of using phone and computer.... We can't just swap and change their way of thinking...

▐|     KRYPTOBITS     ▐|   THE NEXT GENERATION EXCHANGE
●》 Pre ICO start on May 17th 2018     [     kryptobits.com     ]
hotBriX001

Activity: 224
Merit: 6

The revolutionary trading ecosystem

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 01:29:01 PM

because they do not understand how to use investment technology in crypto currencies, so they prefer to invest in gold / silver because they better understand investing in commodities

I think you have a great point. Because some older people would not easily believing online business like cryptocurrency and they feel hassle when doing investment that they really not aware of. In other words older people are preferred of investing traditional business like gold / silver commodities because they really know the movement of it.

▬▬ ● ● Destream Fine Ecosystem for STREAMERS ● ● ▬▬
▬▬ ● ● STREAMER'S FINANCIAL ECOSYSTEM ● ● ▬▬
rutherford

Activity: 624
Merit: 250

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:01:21 PM

Old people tend to choose what's reasonable than what's the trend. These are few reasons why :
1. Gold is a great long-term investment.
2. There are high demand for gold from time to time and the price is usually stable.
3. When there is a chaos, gold is the most convenient investment for you to bring everywhere you go, to hide even to be entrusted to family members or friends.
And many more reasons for old people to invest in gold.

█████████████████████████████
██████▀ ▀███████████▀ ▀██████
████▀ ▄█▄ ▀███████▀ ▄█▄ ▀████
███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███
█████▄ ▀████▄ ▀ ▄████▀ ▄█████
███████▄ ▀████▄ ▀██▀ ▄███████
█████████  █████ ████████████
███████▀ ▄████▀ ▄██▄ ▀███████
█████▀ ▄████▀ ▄ ▀████▄ ▀█████
███▀ ▄████▀ ▄███▄ ▀████▄ ▀███
████▄ ▀█▀ ▄███████▄ ▀█▀ ▄████
██████▄ ▄███████████▄ ▄██████
█████████████████████████████
..XIRCUS..                       ▄████▄
    ▄███▄              ██████
    █████             ▀████▀
     ▀▀▀ ▀▄         ▄▀
           ▄█████▄
           █████████
           █████████
           ▀█████▀
         ▄▀    █    ▀▄ ▄▄
       ▄▀      █      ████
▄████▄     ▄█████▄   ▀██▀
██████      ███████
 ▀▀▀▀       ▀█████▀
||
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████████▀▀  █████
████████████▀▀      ██████
▐████████▀▀   ▄▄     ██████▌
▐████▀▀    ▄█▀▀     ███████▌
▐████████ █▀        ███████▌
████████ █ ▄███▄   ███████
████████████████▄▄██████
▀████████████████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
▄▄████████▄▄
▄████████████████▄
▄████████████████████▄
███████████▀    ▐███████
███████████    ▄▄█████████
▐██████████▀    ▀▀█████████▌
▐█████████▌       █████████▌
▐███████████    ███████████▌
███████████    ███████████
██████████    ██████████
▀████████▄  ▄████████▀
▀████████████████▀
▀▀████████▀▀
Gadhoh

Activity: 154
Merit: 0

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:10:09 PM

I think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.
many factors, from the start they do not understand the technology, especially the world of crypto, maybe even though they already feel it but still they do not understand with kegunaanya, because gold and silver more real so they believe in the real thing, it could be because the cause because crypto is not so they are hard to believe.
Sama517

Activity: 196
Merit: 1

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 02:12:02 PM

I believe the elderly people are usually afraid of taking risks like the young ones. Gold and silver have less risk than cryptos or other forms of investments. I believe that is why they have decided to stick to the two precious elements.

▄▄▄▄▄          REFINE MEDIUM: People's own media          ▄▄▄▄▄
migz

Activity: 143

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 02:13:15 PM

I think they see these as the real asset that do not depreciate with time, so they feel more secure about it. And their generation is use to the gold and silver as been the real valuable asset of security.
many factors, from the start they do not understand the technology, especially the world of crypto, maybe even though they already feel it but still they do not understand with kegunaanya, because gold and silver more real so they believe in the real thing, it could be because the cause because crypto is not so they are hard to believe.

50 years from now there will be a new asset that we people can't understand and we will still invest in crypto. They will tell us we are old, and blockchain is the thing of the past. lol

Have no fear, miGz is here.
Gadhoh

Activity: 154

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 03:01:07 PM

Veronika94

Activity: 91

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:29:29 PM

Everyone invests in what they consider profitable for themselves.  Many adults have already seen a lot on the market, so they believe that investing in gold is the most correct.
prettymargaux

Activity: 252

View Profile WWW
August 02, 2018, 04:40:49 PM

People, especially the old ones, like to invest in gold or silver apparently because it is tangible and "liquid". Precious metals, though they appreciate in value very slowly, are more easy to sell because they are widely accepted as assets unlike the nonphysical assets, such as patents, copyrights, shares of stocks and cryptocurrency. Another reason perhaps is old people don't welcome the idea of digital world, where the value or price of assets are unreal and volatile.
Findingnemo

Activity: 2338
Merit: 763

Bitcoin = Financial freedom

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:44:50 PM

Simply because they were considered as most safest investments when comparing others and good storage of value or they might not aware of the new technology like crypto currencies.But in future everything will change the bitcoin will be considered as the best investments so we are lucky that we know about the bitcoin early stage so we need to buy now itself.

███████████████████████████
███████▄████████████▄██████
████████▄████████▄████████
███▀█████▀▄███▄▀█████▀███
█████▀█▀▄██▀▀▀██▄▀█▀█████
███████▄███████████▄███████
███████▀███████████▀███████
████▄██▄▀██▄▄▄██▀▄██▄████
████▄████▄▀███▀▄████▄████
██▄███▀▀█▀██████▀█▀███▄███
██▀█▀████████████████▀█▀███
.Duelbits.
..........UNLEASH..........
THE ULTIMATE
GAMING EXPERIENCE
DUELBITS
FANTASY
SPORTS
████▄▄█████▄▄
░▄████
███████████▄
▐███
███████████████▄
███
████████████████
███
████████████████▌
███
██████████████████
████████████████▀▀▀
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
▬▬
VS
▬▬
████▄▄▄█████▄▄▄
░▄████████████████▄
▐██████████████████▄
████████████████████
████████████████████▌
█████████████████████
███████████████████
███████████████▌
███████████████▌
████████████████
████████████████
████████████████
████▀▀███████▀▀
/// PLAY FOR  FREE  ///
WIN FOR REAL
..PLAY NOW..
View ArchiveReport to moderator
Popov_popov

Activity: 96

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 04:49:07 PM

Because they know what to expect from these investments.
Lasvista

Activity: 396
Merit: 104

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 06:31:23 PM

Investing in GOLD and other important things in the world is a way that our older ones are doing. So we can not blame them now that the new world is beginning to crypto the new Gold, Silver, Diamonds and so on. Certainly for the next generation golds are a type of past and are replaced by crypto currency.
shittypro

Activity: 84

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 10:42:09 PM

GOLD and SILVER before is low value and older people have silver and gold before and investing they think it will be double and tripple and the golf value is always going uhigh the value unlike bitcoin they up high but they always shutdown
Yantoaja

Activity: 322
Merit: 16

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:13:53 PM

Gold investment was very popular in the past, even today there are still many people who depend on this investment. Most older people are not familiar with digital money investments and even many of those who do not understand the internet so they think that bitcoin investment is very complicated to understand, and prefer gold because of its safe and visible physical value.
Our job as a young generation is to introduce them to new technologies and ways to make money from investing in digital money, do not shut down for this.
ylnar123

Activity: 350

View Profile
August 02, 2018, 11:21:38 PM

Because they have proven that investing in gold's is a good way to grow their money even in a slow pace. Gold investment is a low volatile investment where there in less chance that its price will go down unlike crypto where volatility is the big issue.

❤   humancoin   ❤   Join our whitelist!      ❤   humancoin   ❤
██████                   A new era of charity                    ██████
▄ ▄ ▄ ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄  Telegram | Reddit | Medium | Twitter | ANN Thread | Facebook   ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄ ▄ ▄ ▄ ▄
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 [23] 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »
  Print  

Jump to: